Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    That's nintendo for you, basically they make a console and then load it with heaps of mario, pokemon and zelda remakes from the last 10 years and milk it for all its worth.

Sad considering they could have done so much more with their next generation console, that and surely they should have realised that people don't want to come home from work and relax playing a game or so by flailing limbs around the living room.
    Are you talking about the WiiU? If so, that is basically the exact opposite of what they announced for it. They didn't announce a single Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda title and instead announced Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders 2, Battlefield, and a large group of other actual third party titles. Outside of the capabilities, they didn't announce a single rehash for the WiiU. The WiiU didn't make much use of motion tech in their demo although it did incorporate some of the better elements or interactivity. If you mean the 3DS then ya, what did you expect. It is a weird system that had fairly sparse third party support at launch and still has an incredibly thin line up of games.

As for FF13-2, ya I totally agree. Quite disappointing and I don't even like FF games.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Are you talking about the WiiU? If so, that is basically the exact opposite of what they announced for it.

The WiiU didn't make much use of motion tech in their demo although it did incorporate some of the better elements or interactivity.
    Sorry it is 4am here (everything makes sense to me atm) basically what I'm trying to getting at is they are a little late to party with that stuff which has been done by the other consoles quite successfully (minus the screen and microphone stuff). Whilst it sounds like a step in the right direction it just seems that for a company whom were on such a high note have seem to become quite lazy development wise.

They didn't announce a single Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda title and instead announced Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders 2, Battlefield, and a large group of other actual third party titles. Outside of the capabilities, they didn't announce a single rehash for the WiiU.
    And as for their remakes of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon they tend to just do it rather then announce it, I personally hopefully they will expend the portfolio for more 3rd party titles. And when I say they milk these game titles beyond this inital line up, I not saying they don't do other games its more that with every new console they make nintendo has this tendancing to slip in a large chunk of mario/pokemon or zelda games in between their release line up, which to me seems to be a bit of a waste of resources which could be used on newer titles and because of this I think they could have done so much more then they have.

If you mean the 3DS then ya, what did you expect. It is a weird system that had fairly sparse third party support at launch and still has an incredibly thin line up of games.
    Personally I don't see the appeal behind making everything 3D these days, yes Avatar did a good job of it and it was visually stunning but not everything will be better in 3D and I suspect we'll start to see eye problems develop because of it.

As for FF13-2, ya I totally agree. Quite disappointing and I don't even like FF games.
    Yeah I been a strong supporter of the one game to FF world since once you've saved the world already then that's it there not much else to do and no true motivation for people to continue this epic adventure especially now since its objective is completed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
    Closing the ceremony - we got a surprise. Atleast I was surprised - A mention of a trilogy. A new trilogy. Que awesome looking mysterious cinematic. - er...hello master chief? Cortana? What?. HALO 4.

I was more than shocked with that announcement - A silly little fan boyism jumped up inside me - but at the same time something screamed inside "ER WHAT HAPPEND TO REACH BEING THE LAST IN HALO?!?!". We'll see what comes of this in the future!
    Personally stoked for Halo 4. Reach was great and all but I was upset when Master Chief failed to be part of it. Call me a fanboy but I love the Halo seriers. Reach was Bungie's salute and fairwell to the game, they never announced that the game was over. I want to see more!

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Bah, missed a whole bunch, but assuming I just missed WiiU stuff, I want that Zelda game that was demo'd earlier. >.>

EDIT; yay Zelda symphony!
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-07 at 06:41 PM.

So I just woke up, is there a release date for Skyward Sword?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    So I just woke up, is there a release date for Skyward Sword?
    Not an exact one - it's the usual "holiday this year".