Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Anyone remember the unique spells Priests had?

I think they changed it all in late BC or Wrath but it was defienatly in vanila. Like Dwarves were the only ones to have fear wards, Trolls had Hex, Undead had Devouring Plague, Night Elves had Starsurge or something? Anyone remember what Humans had or am I missing some more abilities?

desperate prayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenai had Hymn of Hope, can't remember the others.

desperate prayer

on second thought, didn't they also have that mana burning thing. A self buff with charges that did a small mana burn on anyone that hit you?

i so wish those racial priest abilities came back... i loved night elf priest's star shards....

it made each priest feel unique in it's own way...

10+ Year Old Account
    All troll priests had shadow orbs, not hex.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    humans had feedback which hurt you for a small percent of damage of the spell you just hit them with
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Deleted
    Once Fear Ward was given to all priests, the racials went down like this:-

Humans: Desperate Prayer and Feedback (A 15 sec buff which would burn an attackers mana and cause shadow damage)
    Dwarfs: Desperate Prayer and Chastise (Caused Holy damage and rooted for 2 secs)
    Night Elf: Starshards (Arcane DoT) and Elune's Grace (Reduce chance to be hit by melee and ranged attacks by 20% for 15 seconds)
    Draenei: Chastise and Symbol of Hope (What would later become Hymn of Hope and be given to us all)

Troll: Hex of Weakness (Reduced damage caused and healing received) and Shadowguard (A lightning shield spell which caused shadow damage)
    Undead: Devouring Plague and Touch of Weakness (Caused shadow damage on next melee hit and reduced the attackers damage)
    Blood Elf: Touch of Weakness and Consume Magic (Removed one of your own buffs and restored mana)

Man I'd almost forgotten about these things! I loved my Dwarf priest in Vanilla.

EDIT: Oops, too slow. Yeah that link will do just fine!

/is a wrathnoob and QQs at not being there for cool stuff like that

Starshards!!! Woot!

Before Fear Ward was normalized, it was the realm of Dwarf Priests, which made them indispensable back in the day for some fights.

Deleted
    While we're feeling all nostalgic, how about those great times of the 5 Second Rule and the joys of conserving mana. Anyone? No?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruen View Post
    While we're feeling all nostalgic, how about those great times of the 5 Second Rule and the joys of conserving mana. Anyone? No?
    I actually enjoyed 5SR dancing, though I bet I'm in the minority on that one.

Shadow Shield

Blackout

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Human had desperate prayer.
    Troll had shadow orb.
    Undead had devouring plague.
    Nightelf had Starshards
    Dwarf had fearward.

can't think of anyone else.

Deleted
    I miss my starshards
    I'm a BE now and that was a long long time ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I actually enjoyed 5SR dancing, though I bet I'm in the minority on that one.
    I never got what people found so great about racial priest spells, but I did like the 5 second rule. It added a whole extra tactical dynamic to healing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I never got what people found so great about racial priest spells, but I did like the 5 second rule. It added a whole extra tactical dynamic to healing.
    I can also say that I liked dancing in and out... and how much Holy Concentration was a hater.

Those who do not miss the Soviet Union have no heart. Those who want it back have no head. -- Putin

That said, I do miss Consume Magic, and how well it felt like it belonged as a Blood Elf racial (When you could use Arcane Torent, linking it with Consume was like a second potion every 2 minutes).

An actually powerful Devouring Plague (Hey, Shadow actually had a cooldown in BC... unlike Wrath), Symbol of Hope being a GCD instead of a channel... the racials made you feel awesome. But they also made you feel terrible if you weren't that one. The fact that I had a second potion cooldown wasn't fair to Trolls and Undead.

Before Fear Ward went baseline, if you weren't a Dwarf you were bad. After Fear Ward, everyone that was a Dwarf was sorely lacking in awesome, while Draenei's Symbol of Hope was the new hotness and just wasn't fair to anyone else.

I liked that they were powerful, I disliked how you were effectively a handicap if you weren't the right race.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-06-10 at 02:37 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

i remember i rolled a priest for a bit in bc and i really wanted the other classes priest ablites so i would always change my race >.<