Thread: Tank Buff Food

Tank Buff Food

So I've balanced my dodge and parry and rolled all the remainder into mastery.

If I eat Seafood Magnifique, I get +90 dodge.

Eating Lavascale Minestrone give me +90 mastery which gives about 1% more avoidance.

Is there any way to adjust or balance stats so I can just eat the Seafood or should I just not worry about it for 1%?

I can cook all this stuff and fish for the mats, so it's not like it costs tons of gold to go with the Minestrone.

What do you other tanks do for buff food?

Deleted
    Lavascale Minestrone; with my gear atm I need that extra 90 mastery to hit 102.4% CtC.

Lavascale Minestrone is the BiS food if you're under the CtC, but if you're poor the seafood feast is just fine. I go with the feast because even with all my parry reforged into dodge/mastery I'm still way over on parry rating. And the lavascales are a bitch to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Lavascale Minestrone is the BiS food
    Couldn't've said it better myself

Deleted
    Lavascale minestrone is the best food, however I normally just eat the fish feasts(90 dodge rating)

Deleted
    It boils down to how much you want to min max compared to how much you want to pay .

Personally I'm a tight arse and use whatever I can get my hands (usually Hit, Str or Feast) on for anything non-heroic, and then Lavascale Minestrone for progress on my alt pally tank .

Deleted
    Our pally tank sometimes uses strength food/hit food. :S Guess it depends on if theres a really tight DPS requirement.

Then again, I'm not an MS tank, just saw that come up time to time so I thought I might ask about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to number crunch, look for the most benefit-what are you lacking? How can the food improve your base character? That is only if it's trying to be exact, if not; it's more a preference.
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Really it's all the same as if you were enchanting or gemming or reforging. What stat do you prefer, pick that one. Simple enough. If you're over a cap, you aren't reforging for it so why get food for it?

Regardless, the mastery food is still really nice, dodge food isn't much less, str/hit if you're cheap and it's available and you don't care that much.

Mastery is the better choice over any other avoidance stat right now for paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are lava scale catfish hard to catch i just go to uldum and fish the lake right where you port in get about 2 stacks an hour