Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    A question:

If you are in a constant damage situation - say, Zon'ozz Black Blood Phase - is it better to weave PW:S in for Borrowed Time before casting POH, or should you just spam POH?

Shield - Prayer, Shield Prayer, Shield Prayer is marginally an increase in HPS over just shielding for Rapture with only prayer spamming. But it also counts as triage, making sure to keep a low person "safe" enough for an additional heal to land.

This technique also pushes your absorb usage through the roof, scaling ridiculously well with more mastery on your gear. But its mana usage also spikes pretty high. So while yes, it is a triage increase, and yes it alone is (usually) an HPS increase. But can your blue bar handle that much more? That's completely up to you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shield - Prayer, Shield Prayer, Shield Prayer is marginally an increase in HPS over just shielding for Rapture with only prayer spamming. But it also counts as triage, making sure to keep a low person "safe" enough for an additional heal to land.

This technique also pushes your absorb usage through the roof, scaling ridiculously well with more mastery on your gear. But its mana usage also spikes pretty high. So while yes, it is a triage increase, and yes it alone is (usually) an HPS increase. But can your blue bar handle that much more? That's completely up to you.
    Thanks. I would like to see more stuff like this in Priest guides. Since we have so many spells it would be nice to have some concrete theorycrafting about combos of spells like this in different situations.

Good thread, sad to see it go, but it's time to move on.

Breaking the rules with moderator bumps. Or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the ride Kel, it's been fun.

Looking forward to see what lies ahead....

/passes out cookies to all the players that read this guide, was truly a fun project.

Thanks!