The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy So downloaded version 1503 ROM BIOS update for Asus P8P67....

I tried a few different things. Double clicking the file after taking the file out of the compressed folder, letting the internet try to figure it out (lolthatneverworks), hell some youtube video for the same mobo showed putting it in C and then going into "Tools" in the EFI BIOS and clicking it.... so I click it, it says, do you want to read this? I'm like uh okay, then it says, the selected file is not an EFI BIOS!

Zomg. Whyyyyyy. What am I doing wrong? Oh mmo-champ computer forums, I love you so, please help me reach peace of mind, I am only trying to stop my computer problems. >_<

For the record, my computer froze up earlier (again) and it was once again, the type where I start getting a bit quieter sort of staticy ticking noise in my headset. Really annoyed, for the record, that happened when all I was doing was browsing the internet, no WoW open, nothing stressing the CPU or GPU, or for that matter, RAM.

People have also tried suggesting I update my audio drivers, I checked on Asus' website for my mobo, the audio driver is from like December, before this mobo was even out, and I got mine mid-March. Thoughts?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why the BIOS flash didn't work, you just put it on a USB stick, reboot and go into the BIOS and use the update tool to locate the file. Try re-downloading it I guess.
    Wait, it sounds like you just put the file on your hard drive...? Use a USB stick instead, that might be your problem... I'm not sure it would work when trying to read from the hard drive because that has to go through the SATA controllers, which may not function well when you're replacing the BIOS I'm guessing.

As for audio and other drivers:
    I've found this forum post on overclock.net about the ASUS P8P67 series to be updated much more frequently than ASUS's home page for the latest drivers.

There you'll find this link to the latest Realtek audio driver on the realtek website. You could try updating to that version (R2.61 is current), but just to be cautious, you might want to Boot into Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove the previous audio driver first.
    Last edited by Plasmon; 2011-06-03 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to try that sometime this weekend. I'm done with computer fucking around with for the day.
    "A flower.

Version 1608 is there now, might wanna try that version instead of 1503.

-edit- Ow, it's beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the beta part is what scared me away. =S
    "A flower.

You should use the Asus Suite II thats included on the driver cd to install bios updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    People have also tried suggesting I update my audio drivers, I checked on Asus' website for my mobo, the audio driver is from like December, before this mobo was even out, and I got mine mid-March. Thoughts?
    Most motherboards implement the same few Realtek audio chips. Most (all?) which are older than the motherboard.