Thread: SLI GTX 580's

SLI GTX 580's

So, having a problem. Haven't had this rig for over half a year yet and just recently while in a Tol Barad battle an enemy players textures started tearing. Last time this happened was on my 8800GT and the card died.

Anything else I can look for to fix this without having to replace it? It's clean, running at optimal temps. 65c max on WoW.

What the hell...
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Did you ensure you have the most up to date driver for the card? Or could honestly just be a bad card in the batch. You could also look on the Nvidia forums and see if anyone has had the same or similar problem.

Deleted
    could be anything rly, ram, PSU, or GPU itself. try disconnecting one card and see if it still happens then try it with second one. If it happens with both then it's not the gfx if only with one you have your culprit. You could also run memtest on your ram.

Deleted
    Do you have vsync activated?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Do you have vsync activated?
    This, if you don't, that could just be screen tearing that happens when vsync is off.

If not, you could try running your GPUs at lower/stock clocks, see if it's an overclock stability issue. If that doesn't help, then try disabling SLI and use one graphics card at a time, see if one of them is having issues.