Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Heroic Halfus MUCH easier than reg Nef.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you're feeling confident you can leave slate till Halfus hits 55%, then release him. He will stun halfus about every other roar completely avoiding it's effects if you time it correctly. Just be sure to pop tank cooldowns when you're stunned and tanking drake.
    slat does not keep halfus from roaring, it only delays it!

actually you should be fine for him and as soon as you do reg nef you will probibly be able to down 3 of the bosses in BWD with ease.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I would just try it out. At the very least 30 minutes to an hour work to get your feet wet and see where you are at.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Go for it. We 4shot Halfus after spending hours on our first Nefarian and Al'Akir kills. Just remember the more planning, the better, make sure you know exactly who is blowing what cooldown when on who, use every hand of sac, pain sup, shield wall you have.

Deleted
    i have one question: we are somehow struggling on heroic halfus, while we kill cho gal, nef and al´akir on normal nearly on first try every week.

is it much easier if you take 3 tanks to do it? because we try it with 2 only currently. and somehow we have problems to let our tanks survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    we started doing heroics 2 weeks ago and killed halfus on the third try. So yes, go and try it!
    We used 3 tanks.
    If you dont have a mage for phase 3 interrupts, make one tank/melee use a meta with stun reduction and/or use a hunter with a nether ray.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    We did Heroic Halfus when we were 5/6, 3/4 , 1/2. So I think its not too early to start on Heroic Halfus, he is pretty easy anyways.

As long cho'gall and alakir are downed I think that Halfus can be killed (5%... ok u would have killed him next week so we'll say he's done).
    Nefarian isn't really gear dependant, it's more about "Is the tank kiting the adds pro enough to make them die" It's like... 95% of the job is from him. I went on a raid to help a friend (I played the priest of his sister) and it tooks us 5 attemp to reach p3. then 12 to kill him. I was always saying, (and people were agreeing) "Once the tank will kite the add perfectly, he'll die.

However heroic halfus isn't about Kiting or doing such things. Indeed you need to do the debuff management and cooldown popping but. If you pop ur BOP 1sec too late, usually, u won't die. But on nef if u move 1sec too late, u may refresh the adds and then die.

What I wonder is that u lost 1 healer.
    As a general rule. Halfus H is mainly a gear and "rotation" chek.
    How much dps can ur dps push ?
    How much healing can ur healers push ?
    How good can ur tank pop cooldown in the right order and doing good taunts.

If the average Ilv of your raid is 355-356+ I think you should be ok.

also remember that halfus is all about "downing the first 2 drakes"
    once this is done (and everybody is alive and healer have still some mana left) the fight is pretty much.
    So don't be too worried about wiping 10 times in a row in the first 15-20secs.
    Also, be sure to remind your leader to remind the dps to NOT dps halfus or other drake than the main target. Multi dotting is obviously a great dps increase but. Usually. When you're on the learning curve. It's better to have 2 drake down and 1 drake up after 2min than 3 drake at 20% since healer will have less pressure.

Anyway, I don't think it's too soon if you have the right comp and AND(like it's really important) dedicated people. CUz u can be sure he won't go down in 5atemp.

Bonne chance !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    As for the healer, he is young, and our RL is going to talk to him about it, and is going to talk to our PvE officer and our GM. But ya, its no acceptable to do.

Oh, and it's 10m

This is what I'm thinking is gonna happen.
    Dk on bronze and whelps, 1 pally on halfus, 1 on scion and storm. Halfus tank bubbles after first 6 stacks. Next 6 stacks, halfus pally uses RD on other pally tank, and they swap. 6 stacks, bubble, 6 stacks, swap again. Repeat with HoP instead of bubble. And the adds should be dead by the time the last pally HoP's the last stacks.
    Being young is not an excuse, I myself am 14, and I've been raiding since I've twelve, and I would never ragequit like that. <.<
    And to be on topic, yes, you should. H halfus is really easy.

My guild is in about the same position as this, except we are 25m with a 10m group that has killed everything but Nefarion. Is H Halfus harder on 10 or 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    we started doing heroics 2 weeks ago and killed halfus on the third try. So yes, go and try it!
    We used 3 tanks.
    If you dont have a mage for phase 3 interrupts, make one tank/melee use a meta with stun reduction and/or use a hunter with a nether ray.
    i have a question about that,

my 10man raid have no mage to interrupt in phase 3, with the metagem is enough for a tank to interrupt?
    hunter nether ray? what spec is that? i dont even know about that skill :P

Yes you can, the key is to release as much as drakes as possible and tank them at one place.
    at start- one tank on whelps and time warden, one tank on nether and storm and one tank on haflus.
    we nuked whelps asap(as a blood dk i helped the whelp tank with DRW+deseases+pesitilience+DnD), all healers/tank doing their cd/heavy cd rotation- no reason to save- first 2 dragons are crucial to nuke fast as speed of light, after that it being ALOT easier.

after whelps die the dmg the party takes reduces a bit because its easier to avoid fireballs.
    at this point everyone switch to storm/nether(doesn't really mater tbh)>time warden>storm/nether(depends on what you killed first)>release slate just b4 the 4th drake dies. swich to haflus hard nuke- tanks use golemsblooms and STR flasks to help with dps. haflus use furious roar so its very improtant that some1 breaks through the stun(IBF for dks/blink-mages/ shield-palys) and interrupt the shadow nova that come after.

*no need to kill the slate- its a "dps booster"/ healer reliever" for the nuke down phase.
    *due to enrage dps management its a huge bonus to tank drakes near haflus because 2 reasons:
    1.some of the tanks got cleave attacks that can hit haflus along with the drakes. (heart strike/deseases).
    2.healers like druids casting swiftmend that create aoe healing circles which help to reduce the mana usage and also because disc priest with thier smith healing+dmg bonus from dead drakes is the most incridible HPS i ever seen xD
    3. 3rd tank interrupting shadow nova while tanks switching is a bless.
    Last edited by Jackkernaut; 2011-06-04 at 02:37 PM.

We killed halfus in an hour of attempts before our nef kill, and just after al'akir.

He's definitely the easiest heroic, and in my opinion far easier than nef.

All we do is release time/storm/nether, burn nether. Tank swap on halfus as needed.

Once the first drake is dead, release the whelps and keep killing. The start will be rough on healing, but after that its a breeze.

Deleted
    We got Halfus HC no problem on the first night after Cho'gall was down, a good few weeks before we got Nef down on normal. So I'd say, definitely not too soon, it's a very easy heroic, and we certainly didn't find it that much more difficult than on normal. Definitely worth giving it a go for the Tier Chest upgrade, even if Nef is still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by derfer View Post
    i have a question about that,

my 10man raid have no mage to interrupt in phase 3, with the metagem is enough for a tank to interrupt?
    hunter nether ray? what spec is that? i dont even know about that skill :P
    For our normal kills, we use the human racials for getting out of the roar to interrupt shadow crash. And we have plenty to go around.

Also, all this talk about the Nef fight hanging on the add tank is scaring the crap outta me. I am assigned to be the add tank.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2011-06-04 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstryker View Post
    My guild is in about the same position as this, except we are 25m with a 10m group that has killed everything but Nefarion. Is H Halfus harder on 10 or 25?
    H Halfus is harder on 10, because bringing 3 tanks and 3 heals only leaves you with 4 dps.. On 25, you can bring 3 or 4 tanks, 7 heals, and still have tons of dps.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I wouldn't say its out of reach, but it will be fairly difficult compared to anything you've done so far. If I were in your shoes I'd personally go for Nef and Al'Akir simply to add some conclusion to t11 before Firelands comes out, but thats really up to you. I also think those two and Halfus are all about the same difficulty...once you learn it its a pretty easy one-shot...though Al'Akir is annoying as shit. The one bonus is that Halfus may seem easier because you've technically already done the fight many times, but particularly with Nefarian once you kill it the first time its a really easy fight the second.

Anyways, execution-wise its a very simple fight, and it will take your healers a number of tries to grasp how much damage the tanks and at times the raid are taking all at once, so they'll have to manage and coordinate tank CDs with their own. Two tanks is fine, our first kill was with a 359 DK and a 354ish Pally, so its certainly doable in sub-par gear. One other thing I would mention that we found made the fight a lot easier on the healers is to let Nether, Storm, and Time up at once, instead of Nether, Storm, and Whelps. For one, your entire raid can dodge the fire making raid heals much easier, and two, the whelps deal a shit-ton of damage compared to the big drakes (and they are harder to manage aggro when people are nuking everywhere). So, we let the whelps go fourth instead and they are much easier to kill that way. I'd also recommend releasing slate dragon but letting it live, the stuns makes sub 50% extremely easy on the healers.

Best solution is to give him a couple of attempts, and see how it goes. If it's just wipe after wipe just clear BoT on regular and try again next week with some bonus VP/gear, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you can kill Cho'gall why not give heroic Halfus a try? Depending on the drake/whelp combo in normal week to week the choice is kinda made for you. If it was storn, scion and nether I dont know why you wouldnt just add in the other 2 squishy easy ones. On other weeks the choice isnt that obvious though.
    hc halfus is all drakes you do know that so the combo doesnt matter, halfus is one of the easiest fights he was done mainly in blues at first so as long as you do the tacts right he will go down smoothly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen