Deleted

[Movie] Suggest something scary.

Nothing in movies scares me anymore soooo I'm on the lookout for something that will actually make me think that the boogyman will be hiding in the closet. Paranormal activity gave me the shivers for about an hour when I watched it alone in the dark, most of the other recent attempts which got praised as 'the biggest horror film everrrr' [drag me to lol/the 4th kind] just did nothing.

Ohh and nothing from the Human Centipede/Salo/Serbian Film genre, those aren't horror to me^^
    The last good scare I got was from the original Amytiville, just for the scene with the eyes outside the window, FOOK.

The Shining or Session 9. Both are sort of disturbing psychological horrors, not jumpy scary.

If you haven't seen REC/Quarantine, you might like it. I'd stay away from REC 2 though-- it gets dumb. The Thing is my still my favorite.

I just went through our library (my better half and I are horror buffs) but nothing we watched within the last couple years is really jumping out as 'creepy':

The following were at least passable in my opinion (maybe give them a once over on IMDB):

Trick 'r Treat (actually, I really like this one but it mixes some fun with the jumpy stuff)
    The Mist (good stuff, Stephen King ending)
    The Descent (creature feature)
    Identity (Decent film, not sure there's much to fear though)

Not really "scary" but if you haven't seen Oldboy, it should make your stomach turn quite a bit.

Edit for more info: The movie is more a psychological suspense, with one hell of a plot, and finely executed. I would say it is scary in a sense that it is the most insane 'revenge' movie ever made, and I would be scared sh*tless to be on the other end of the revenge.
    Last edited by lukz; 2011-06-04 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    Dod Sno (Dead Snow in english). Nazi zombies, gold and fails all the way. Not too scary, but awesomely funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a dealer that sells LSD, then go with 3-4 friends into some woods that is 10 miles from your house, get out, walk a mile or so away, take LSD and try n find the way back to your car. Enjoy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Thing, Session 9, Phantasm, REC (not the crappy remake Quarantine), Jacob's Ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    The Shining or Session 9. Both are sort of disturbing psychological horrors, not jumpy scary.

On the Stephen King note: Misery. Slow and suspenseful, yet has its OMFG moments.

Edit: I may get flamed for this, but I did find the original 'Cube" to be an entertaining and surprising sci fi thriller.

Ravenous is amazing to watch.
    The Rite if you dont mind religon.
    The Hole its a kiddy film but it is quite creepy.
    Also Into the mouth of madness, Lovecraft at its best pretty much.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Hmm so far the only one I haven't already seen is Trick 'r Treat, guess that's the matinee for tonight.

I also haven't done the LSD thing but there is a party on at halloween called Farmageddon where you get driven out into the woods at night and people dressed as zombies and axe-murderers chase you around with chainsaws. It's scary for 5 minutes.

Deleted
    Hurashi No Naku Koro Ni is scarier than any movie I have seen, but meh :3 Only thing I have been scared by since I was 9 and watching one of the Friday the 13th movies and was liek 'Lulz, Jason used to be scary'

ThanksKilling
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Insidious is freaky as hell

I watched an apparently 'mystery' genre film called Vanishing on 7th Street not so long ago; the film revolves around this strange shadow, that if one is fully enveloped by, simply erases them from existence. Therefore, it wasn't the best film to watch in complete darkness. I had to watch a comedy after to de-horror-filmify myself.

I'd give it a look, made me think situationally (what would I do etc), although for once it wasn't a zombie pandemic or a virus, and people don't strictly 'die' in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    I watched an apparently 'mystery' genre film called Vanishing on 7th Street not so long ago; the film revolves around this strange shadow, that if one is fully enveloped by, simply erases them from existence. Therefore, it wasn't the best film to watch in complete darkness. I had to watch a comedy after to de-horror-filmify myself.

I'd give it a look, made me think situationally (what would I do etc), although for once it wasn't a zombie pandemic or a virus, and people don't strictly 'die' in it.
    We watched that earlier this week; I think its main problem was that there wasn't much of a mystery to it as they're beating you over the head with it by the time the female character starts talking.

We also watched The Orphanage (I fell asleep) and Husk (some good ideas and creepy moments but it fell flat on its face, IMHO, mainly with plot holes you could drive a truck through).

Someone mentioned Dead Snow-- that's worth it just for the opening but I agree it's not one that will keep you up at night.

I keep hoping someone will bring up one I haven't seen.