Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Except you're flying without that skill active. see the node or skinning opportunity, have to fly back and trade your skill, then get back to where you were and hope it's still there. Same, if not more time flying there and back.

and /agree with Ineras, same point I made earlier. We shouldn't level alts because we need professions, we should level them because we want to play the class.
    My point is that I would be flying around on my main and be using two gathering professions as my "active" professions. Where normally, I would not even have this available. Every person would be flying around with their gathering professions as active. There is already enough complaints on the forums about botters, and a low re-spawn rate on herbs/ore.

Additionally, most people level an alt for fun, and just use it as a "gathering alt" in addition. I'm not sure how many people think "darn, I'm JC/BSing and now I HAVE to level up another toon just to get mining! Oh woe is me."
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene, for if they never dared to be obscene, they never could have dared to be great."

Omg, just no.. Ppl are really greedy first we are wanting dual talents - we got it, then random dungeon - also got it.. Now that? Ffs game will really destroy it if ever this idea be acomplished.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    I like the idea.

Though if you are running a heroic, and suddenly you kill a beast or come across a herb or ore node, everyone will suddenly be switching to their gathering profession to try to take it. Not only will there be much more competition and anger over who gets it, but the whole process will waste time. Also, a lot of people reluctantly play alts just to farm from time to time. Think about if they could farm on their main. Many more people would be farming in their free 'Dalaran circling' time while in a queue or something. That would increase supply, decrease prices, and make it much harder to farm without a substantial increase in the node spawn rate.

Do note: I still do like the idea.
    They would be doing this if they wanted to all run to a city to switch while in the middle of the dungeon. Is that a realistic possibility?

To others, so what if you're on your main flying around instead of on an alt... I'm still very confused by what you're trying to explain here..

I will /golfclap the flat out no because game will destroy it... Please think these things through before posting them. This is (so far) an intelligent discussion still.

Quote Originally Posted by Heca View Post
    My point is that I would be flying around on my main and be using two gathering professions as my "active" professions. Where normally, I would not even have this available. Every person would be flying around with their gathering professions as active. There is already enough complaints on the forums about botters, and a low re-spawn rate on herbs/ore.
    Since this is just an idea it can still be added to such as a cooldown on switching professions or even a cost (like there is to respec) to deter someone going to a raid to be like, "oh, I see one animal to skin. I'm going to quickly switch to skinning so I can skin it and then back to my raiding professions for my raid in 10 minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post

* It gives Completists, such as myself, something else to do during end game (I can run H. ZA for the thousandth time, or I could level up Tailoring).
    H ZA is end game?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmela View Post
    H ZA is end game?
    Since "end game" is constantly changing with new content each patch, it can be considered "end game" until the next patch.

Would have some complications with your gear.

Ex. JC/Ench and BS/LW.

Spec #1
    Pro's : 3x gems & 2x enchants.
    Con's: No extra socket. Your LW enchant on bracers is un-useable, and (likely) no enchant on legs.

Spec #2:
    Pro's: 2 extra sockets. Badass Bracer enchant and leg-enchant if melee/physical.
    Con's: 3 wasted un-useable gems. 2x useless enchants.

Imo, it would cause a lot of problems and conflicts. Think about trinkets as well; proffession required world-drops; etc. etc.
    - And an economy... that _will_ get wacked a bit. We all know it cannot be explained, but that it will happen.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Deleted
    This sounds like a reasonable idea. But again no? it ruins the whole idea of your professions being a choise you have to make. Though it would be nice, then I wouldn't have to worry about my alts not getting raid bonuses from gathering profs.

since we are already there, why not make something like a dual spec for class? i mean, im a warrior, but when the patch hits, they might nerf me, so i can spec into a dk, or a mage!

Against my better judgement, I will respond even though you sort of insulted me...

You might want to add to your main post the part of the idea you pulled from thin air, which was that you have to go to a major city to change professions. You said it was like dual spec, which is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Just leveling the profession would take the exact same time on the alt or your main so that is not any different. Relogging to alts is negligible time. And for the first point, the OP did say that prices would probably drop because of this convenience but not to market crashing prices which takes into the account the time=money argument.
    TIME=MONEY

i meant the real money, for blizzard.
    Blizzard wants you to play the game more.
    Not to play less.I hope you get it

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    since we are already there, why not make something like a dual spec for class? i mean, im a warrior, but when the patch hits, they might nerf me, so i can spec into a dk, or a mage!
    This.

The argument of "what's the difference between my main having all professions and enough alts to have all of them" is pretty much the same as the quoted statement. You don't just level professions on your alts, you also level the alts themselves.
    I'm not sure what I find more infuriating and irritating. leveling up an alt, working on their gathering profession just to have a high level toon with epic flying beating me to all the nodes; or, in the case of DKs, having to go level up two professions through zones for days before questing at appropriate zones.

The time and effort required for alts to get mats and craft for you what you'd otherwise have to go buy, is the deterrent. Just cus some people roll alts to play that class, doesn't mean others don't do it for the professions.

Regarding the topic of wasting time in a dungeon group to "run back to a city to switch" ignores the whole "teleport out of dungeon" feature, and that few people even leave cities anymore.

As someone who loves leveling professions and is a bit of a completest but hates alts i would really like being able to get all the professions. I don't care about the economy at all. There is more gold in circulation than most people will ever have use for.

Sometime I wish I could *try* Black Smith on my main , But I dont want to loose all my JC or enchanting pattern , I have some expensive rare pattern in those books and thats why I'm not going to drop any of those

I just wish they could be something that could *remember* all those pattern .
    f one day or another you wish to go back to your old profession you get all your patterns back when you level again. The profession book is there , but the skills points are not there anymore