Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes even if you've never seen one on the inside before. It's just a wide slot, you pop the card in and screw it shut with 1 small screw, done.
    Okay - thanks for the answer. Well, any suggestions for a specefic wireless card? Is the Asus PCI-G31 54 Mbs I can ask them to plug in for a total of 20 euro any good?

you can just use a USB one, or use the one they enable you to take for an extra price. it's more expensive most likely, but you don't have to do anything yourself/order it seperately. if 54mbps is a good enough card depends on your wireless network.(54mbps is most likely the IEEE 802.11g standard, while the newest standard is IEEE 802.11n) if your network is only running IEEE 802.11g (or older) that card is more than fine. and since you probably dont know, it's likely to be IEEE 802.11g or less. n isnt implemented that much yet, unless your router is less than 2 years old.

edit:
    20 euro is not too greedy for a prebuild tbh. obviously you can get it cheaper, but considering the hassle-free nature of it all, i'd suggest just going for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    Oh, but the assembling is the best part of getting a new computer! You bond with your new machine when the mobo squeaks as you force the heater on the CPU
    i don't suggest forcing a heater on your cpu... a cooler seems more effective. ()
    Last edited by Crispy; 2011-06-04 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Okay - thanks for the answer. Well, any suggestions for a specefic wireless card? Is the Asus PCI-G31 54 Mbs I can ask them to plug in for a total of 20 euro any good?
    go ahead with the official option, if you open it up they will most likely void your warranty
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    you can just use a USB one, or use the one they enable you to take for an extra price. it's more expensive most likely, but you don't have to do anything yourself/order it seperately. if 54mbps is a good enough card depends on your wireless network.(54mbps is most likely the IEEE 802.11g standard, while the newest standard is IEEE 802.11n) if your network is only running IEEE 802.11g (or older) that card is more than fine. and since you probably dont know, it's likely to be IEEE 802.11g or less. n isnt implemented that much yet, unless your router is less than 2 years old.

edit:
    20 euro is not too greedy for a prebuild tbh. obviously you can get it cheaper, but considering the hassle-free nature of it all, i'd suggest just going for that.

i don't suggest forcing a heater on your cpu... a cooler seems more effective. ()
    My router is from Q2 of 2009. So yeh, that's slightly less than 2 years. How do I figure out what the standard is?

---------- Post added 2011-06-04 at 04:56 PM ----------

Anyone?

Unfortunately I know very little about this stuff, so this is really more of a bump to get you help >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    Oh, but the assembling is the best part of getting a new computer! You bond with your new machine when the mobo squeaks as you force the heater on the CPU
    The fact that you have a Pinkie Pie signature makes me giggle when you say this

Edit:
    @Daniel:
    If you'd like, I could make an upload a short guide for you on installing a wireless adapter into your computer
    Last edited by muCephei; 2011-06-04 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post
    Unfortunately I know very little about this stuff, so this is really more of a bump to get you help >_>

The fact that you have a Pinkie Pie signature makes me giggle when you say this

Edit:
    @Daniel:
    If you'd like, I could make an upload a short guide for you on installing a wireless adapter into your computer
    Wireless adapter? wha'? /confuzzled. >_>
    But yeh, seriously, what's that? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Wireless adapter? wha'? /confuzzled. >_>
    But yeh, seriously, what's that? ._.
    Sorry, the wireless card. The thing you'd plug into your computer so it can receive a wireless signal.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2011-06-05 at 12:39 AM.