Deleted

Sinestra 10 man advice

Hello! Our guild is reaching sinestra 10man in few days, and i'd like to get some help. I googled abit, and didnt find a good 10 man guide for it, so i hope if someone could write one for us

I've been looking at some 25 man tactics, and theres lots of stuff like rogue being good (Gouge etc.) Are they useful also on 10 man? Should we 2-heal or 3-heal it? What specs should people use? Also, how should wrack be dealt?

We have 11 (possibly 12) players in our roster.

Tanks:
    Warrior
    DK

Healers:
    Resto shaman
    Holy paladin
    Disc priest (Me, offspec is shadow)

DPS:
    Shadow priest
    Arcane or fire mage (Arcane for this because of the buff?)
    MMS hunter
    Demonology warlock
    Combat or muti rogue
    Fury warrior
    Balance druid
    Last edited by mmoc42bd50c14d; 2011-06-04 at 04:53 PM.

Here's a setup that worked for us:

- 2 healers, 3 will actually make phase 1 harder due to the lack of DPS to push into P2.
    - Rogue is useful but many classes can CC without actually causing Indomitable on the Spitcaller (e.g. Shout, Scream, Grip, etc. Usually the spitecaller is dead before a second cast goes off anyhow.
    - Kill the eggs in one round with 2 dps on each that can come back quickly (mages, hunters, locks) while choosing those that complement each other with buffs/debuffs on the egg, like CoE.
    - In P3 the wrack must stay on the first person as long as possible (use cooldowns) and then remain on the second round of people for only a short amount of time, as the wrack must be reset again before the third flame breath. You will wipe if wrack is ticking hard on 8 people and the third breath comes.

Our positioning:
    bossblueprint.com/php/get.php?img=CkuMzaXns
    Orb kiting is done to the open right side. If a healer get orbs twice in a row with 8 wrack up a raid cooldown must be used, like tranquility or rallying cry.

Whelps are killed in P2 of course, and then only one time (e.g. kill, respawn, kill again) in P3 by a hunter and ranged aoe. You do not want to exit the formation above unless an orb has just spawned and its safe or the cutter will destroy you when it inevitably spawns on the person out of formation.

As for comp:
    Pally tank on whelps is invaluable to wipe off the debuff after the whelps are killed in P3. Otherwise you will have to tank swap after 3rd breath in P3, or your whelp tank will die.

Arc mages dominate because of the mastery bonus under essence of the red. If you have more than one, bring them.

Bring a DK for army of the dead at the end of P3, they will taunt the whelps and save your tank's ass.

Good luck, it took us about 2 weeks on and off to get it in the end. Definitely a very hard fight, and all the more hard because your healers are so important. One of them running from an orb is half your healing, there's no buffer.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for this post
    Also, im not sure how the wrack works, but from what i have heard, its magic debuff that lasts for 1min, the damage increases the longer it is on the same target, and when you dispel it, it jumps to 2 new targets with original duration?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verxz View Post
    Thanks alot for this post
    Also, im not sure how the wrack works, but from what i have heard, its magic debuff that lasts for 1min, the damage increases the longer it is on the same target, and when you dispel it, it jumps to 2 new targets with original duration?
    No. It jumps to new targets with the remaining duration.

Deleted
    We felt that this is easier with 2 healers. Whoever is doing the dispels is going to need to learn it very well. It can get very awkward with all the orbs going around, in a bad situation you will get out of range from a Wrack-guy so having two guys on dispels is good. Usually I try to aim for dispeling at around 20-22s for the first (depends very much on the class who gets it), 16-18s for the wave of two and 13-15s for the wave of four. Last wave should disappear by itself. If your OT gets the first wrack in p3, you will have to dispel it as early as 18-19s, as the adds will already have stacked a few debuffs at that point. It's helpful to have a healer use a cooldown for each third breath, also a Moonkin's Tranquility comes handy there.

Have your OT pop a major CD for the fourth breath in p3, adds will be hitting for tons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimemage View Post
    Definitely a very hard fight, and all the more hard because your healers are so important. One of them running from an orb is half your healing, there's no buffer.
    Druid is good on this, since if you get an orb you can just run and start tossing Rejuvenation around. Doesn't help that much with the Wrack-healing, but helps on the rest.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-06-05 at 08:12 AM.

i recommend 2 healing it. check the link in my sig for a vid of my guild kill, warrior and dk tank as well. best of luck

Are the whelps just supposed to respawn in phase 2? I keep reading to kill them in a pile, but they keep coming back right away...