Healing Spring trap!

So Survival has counter attack which is pretty useless. I was thinking replacing it with a heal would be awesome, considering BM and MM both have 1 and they aren't even called SURVIVAL. So it would be cool if we got a Nature trap that heals 3-4 targets. Its triggered by allies instead of enemies. You can lay it on your feet or shoot it over to some people in the raid ( or your pet ).

Would be nice to have it in PvP considering hunter has absolutely no heals besides potions and banadges.

Chimera shot heals LOLOLOL

But still fairly useless...in a PvP perspective.

But in PvE I doubt it would be much use. That's what you have healers for

You couldn't really call it a trap then. Some of the definition of trap:
    1. A contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamplike device that springs shut suddenly.
    2. A stratagem for catching or tricking an unwary person.
    3. A confining or undesirable circumstance from which escape or relief is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikas View Post
    So Survival has counter attack which is pretty useless. I was thinking replacing it with a heal would be awesome, considering BM and MM both have 1 and they aren't even called SURVIVAL. So it would be cool if we got a Nature trap that heals 3-4 targets. Its triggered by allies instead of enemies. You can lay it on your feet or shoot it over to some people in the raid ( or your pet ).

Someone's been reading warcrafthuntersunion.com ...

10+ Year Old Account
    How about:

Adrenaline Shot
    Instant
    1 min cooldown
    Heals the target for 5% every second for 5 seconds. Effect is increased to 7.5% if used on self.
    If Trap Launcher is active, the shot can be fired at a friendly target.

Gives hunters a heal that has more utility than a self heal and attaches a GCD and a focus cost if you want to use it on another player.

If you feel it's imbalanced, feel free to adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2011-06-04 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How about:

Adrenaline Shot
    Instant
    30 sec cooldown
    Heals the target for 5% every second for 10 seconds. Effect is increased to 7.5% if used on self.

Just something I threw together in 5 minutes. Adjust if you feel it's imbalanced.
    75% in 10 seconds is a bit much for a hunter.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    And on a 30s CD! You'd never die!

I kinda like this idea. Would be an interesting thing to play with in raids at the very least.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    And on a 30s CD! You'd never die!

I kinda like this idea. Would be an interesting thing to play with in raids at the very least.
    Adjusted. Changed from 10 seconds to 5 seconds, and bumped CD to 1 minute.

I'm curious why people are thinking about this from a PvE perspective.

You guys have healers to heal you,you don't need a healing trap.

It'd only be useful in PvP cause well...sometimes your on your own

Deleted
    This is a concept used in guild wars
    dont know if you got the idea from there or thought of it yourself

Healing Spring trap from Guild Wars

I do like the idea of something like that in wow, but generally i doubt it would be suitable and increadibly hard to balance out for being not useless or considered overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB passive damage reduction for AotF, a la boomchicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjamoo View Post
    Someone's been reading warcrafthuntersunion.com ...
    Yes I do read the WHU but this just came to me in the shower ( lol? ) where i do most of my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    I'm curious why people are thinking about this from a PvE perspective.

You guys have healers to heal you,you don't need a healing trap.

It'd only be useful in PvP cause well...sometimes your on your own
    Support. Never had shadow priests use Their hymns to heal and restore mana? Or Boomkins use tranquility? The trap my not be as powerful and certainly isnt meant for being a main source of heals, but for its name Survival doesnt have much to actually keep you alive. Not really looking at it from either standpoint, just that the spec named after being alive should maybe have a heal in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dardrassil View Post
    This is a concept used in guild wars
    dont know if you got the idea from there or thought of it yourself

Healing Spring trap from Guild Wars

I do like the idea of something like that in wow, but generally i doubt it would be suitable and increadibly hard to balance out for being not useless or considered overpowered.
    Yes I played GW and that popped into my head at the same time. Maybe it doesnt have to be a trap. Give it a cast time like in GW but make it share the nature trap CD. SV focuses on traps and it would be nice to have a special trap no other spec has rather than just stronger traps.

Or how about instead of a heal, an ability called Medicinal Herbs that removes all current debuffs from you, and has like a 2 minute cooldown.
    Hunters living out in the wild for days on end when going after big game, should at least be able to tell what kind of special plants to use if they've been bitten and injected with poison or know what kind of things would be beast for treating open wounds and diseases. Make it free if casting on yourself, or you can cast it on an ally for 50 focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

how about to make it feel more like a "trap" it does this:

Leech Trap
    30 second cooldown
    Place a nature trap that will transfer 2% of the enemy's health to the hunter when triggered, and another 1% every 5 seconds for 15 seconds. Health Leech does not break Freezing Trap. Trap will exist for 1 minute.

for clarification, this trap transfers a percent of health to the hunter not a scaling amount so that if the target takes 5% (total), it gives the hunter 5% (health of the target will not make a difference)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Would be nice to have it in PvP considering hunter has absolutely no heals besides potions and banadges.

Chimera shot heals LOLOLOL

But still fairly useless...in a PvP perspective.

But in PvE I doubt it would be much use. That's what you have healers for
    Even in a PVE setting, healers can get overwhelmed, so any heals help. Maybe not specifically a healing spring "trap" but maybe something like a mosquito shot that heals us over time.
    I'm gonna falcon punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post

Leech Trap
    30 second cooldown
    Place a nature trap that will transfer 2% of the enemy's health to the hunter when triggered, and another 1% every 5 seconds for 15 seconds. Health Leech does not break Freezing Trap. Trap will exist for 1 minute.

for clarification, this trap transfers a percent of health to the hunter not a scaling amount so that if the target takes 5% (total), it gives the hunter 5% (health of the target will not make a difference)
    If you changed that to "x% of the player's health" it would make more sense. Otherwise they would have to limit the usability on bosses because leeching 5% of the bosses would be kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post

Leech Trap
    30 second cooldown

along with the point the poster above me has stated, the health of the target needs to make a difference, otherwise people will just trap critters/low health mobs.

It should follow a format like the mana drain sting we had (viper sting?)

Also, I do realize critters can't be trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by quietstrm07 View Post
    If you changed that to "x% of the player's health" it would make more sense. Otherwise they would have to limit the usability on bosses because leeching 5% of the bosses would be kinda ridiculous.
    hmm... I honestly did not consider that (was a lil tired when I posted lol)

how about "will transfer 2% of the hunter's health from the enemy to the hunter..."

this will make it do less damage on higher health targets, but will heal the same amount for the hunter... you could even take it a step further and make it so that it doesnt heal for overkill damage which means if you use it on a critter and it ticks for 2k damage, you would only get healed for 1 hp (or however much health the critter has)
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2011-06-06 at 07:39 PM.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How about:

Adrenaline Shot
    Instant
    1 min cooldown
    Heals the target for 5% every second for 5 seconds. Effect is increased to 7.5% if used on self.
    If Trap Launcher is active, the shot can be fired at a friendly target.

Gives hunters a heal that has more utility than a self heal and attaches a GCD and a focus cost if you want to use it on another player.

If you feel it's imbalanced, feel free to adjust accordingly.
    This game doesn't need more OP selfhealing, it's enough already with DKs and Rogues. There are healers in this game for a reason.