I would sooner get a Banshee's Veil than an Abyssal Scepter. At least then he can block one attack or CC. Abyssal is only useful for close-ranged AP champs, and if people get close to Xerath, he's already not going to be doing much damaging, but getting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    His (Veigar's) one weakness is his squishiness and having to position well because of that. Essentially by giving him a flash, you're taking the one thing away that keeps him from being horrendously overpowered.
    Yes, but on the other hand, he would have to use one of his damaging spells for it. I thought that might balance him out.

I also thought that maybe they could change Heimerdinger's E so that if it lands on himself, he would get a short-duration cloak/stealth. Would maybe be a bit OP, but it's not like Veigar and Heimerdinger are on the top of the food chain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    but it's not like Veigar and Heimerdinger are on the top of the food chain right now.
    Imagine Heimer with a predator skin...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I used to believe that this was true 100% of the time, until I started playing top in ranked. Then I started seeing a pattern where 1 of two things would happen:

1) I'm getting countered or outplayed, but I stay on the defensive so as to not feed any unwarranted deaths. Meanwhile, my jungler/mid suddenly feels like my lane isn't hard enough already, so he proceeds to make gank attempts every time I'm below 10% health or mana, then talks shit about me in all-chat when he dies. He'll eventually leave me alone, but only after he's made damn sure that my opponent has a good 3-4 kill lead on me.

2) I'll be dominating my lane and getting fed out the ass off of an objectively terrible player. The enemy team will then decide that they can't mind their own damn business, and proceeds to abandon every other lane to come perform multiple 5-man ganks against me. I'll feel confident about this at first, as I've got a good field of wards going and they can't come anywhere near me without me seeing them from a mile away. However, as they begin to surround my tower, I realize that their Malphite and Darius literally give 0 fucks about my turret, and proceed to tower-dive me. Meanwhile, my team has decided that this would be a good time to accomplish absolutely nothing while all of their lanes are missing.

So I guess what I'm saying is that short of sitting in your fountain all game, not every death can be avoided.

Oh, and then there's the 3rd situation where I die in my lane:

3) Oh wow this Jax is squishy! And he's doing no damage at all! This will be such an easy kill- HOLY FUCK WHAT WAS THAT?!?!? *You have been slain*
    Hahahahahahahaha. I can relate to this so much. Damned you Jax!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    People fear what they cannot understand.
    Well played lol, using syndra's own quote to prove a point XD

Deleted
    I would sooner get a Banshee's Veil than an Abyssal Scepter.
    Banshee is a great item, but also not very all around one.

You get it either to counter poke comp (relatively low cooldown and counter CC fishing - spamming skills like binds, that wins the game for pokes) or to break combo champions (LeBlanc/Veigar..).

If you can't use Abyssal and have no need for Banshee, then it's just better to get just null magic and stick with it's upgrades.
    Also if you have troubles dealing with Akali who is melee champion, then I'm pretty sure the aura from Abyssal will be active every time she comes closer. That's not terrible, not even for Xerath.

Heimerdinger is not bad, he just does not fit every comp. When he did it was just overpowered.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2012-12-23 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Would be cool if you could use gifs, that big, as a wallpaper.

Could you imagine having her like that? XD I have no idea if that's possible though, I doubt it.
    I'm a couple of pages late, but anyway...

You can activate Windows Dreamscene (or download it, since it's only shipped with some versions of Windows). It allows you to use videos as your wallpaper.

Since the login screen is shipped with the LoL client, it's fairly easy to get. It's in .swf format though, so you'll need to convert it to a video format that Dreamscene can read. AVI or WMV should do the trick.
    Since the login screen (at least Vi's) is only a 2 second loop, the conversion should only take a few seconds.

There's one major drawback, though. The original login screen is not in full HD. It's not even 720p HD. So it's not gonna be the best quality if you scale it up to full HD.
    It would probably only fit small netbooks, without any quality loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Imagine Heimer with a predator skin...
    He needs a disco skin, with that afro.

Deleted
    Can you imagine his head as that kind of glowing globe?

That'd be funny, so would the afro hair.

People that rage in ARAM deserve to go to the special hell, reserved for teemos and people that threaten to feed when they can't get top lane.

Oh my god YES!

So, any further discussion on this LoL night? I haven't been able to get on much and I'm not sure exactly what'd be happening about it.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

You should log on and join the chat. People talk a lot there sometimes.

What is the chat? lol, I'm not too in the loop! Don't really talk to anyone from here on LoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Keko if you are on Eu-West

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    What is the chat? lol, I'm not too in the loop! Don't really talk to anyone from here on LoL.
    Keko is the channel name, it's on EU-West.

That's cool, I'll hop in for a bit then. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, EU west. I was like there is no such chat on the NA servers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Ah, EU west. I was like there is no such chat on the NA servers!
    Sucks that you, Axe and other people are on NA. :s

But you could make a channel there, also named Keko, or something, instead, I think it wouldn't hurt tbh. It's well worth the trouble I bet.

Cross-server chat would be cool. But one can only hope.

Deleted
    Cross-server chat would be cool. But one can only hope.
    Never really thought of that, but I doubt we will have it.