Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Are the players on the US and EU side really this different? I see you people that play EU complain about completely horrible players, and how you're going 20, 30 kills per game, and getting quadra and penta kills out the rear

In all the pub games I've played, and ranked games I've seen, I've NEVER seen a penta kill, and NEVER seen anyone get more than around 20 kills in a very long game, while still having a fair amount of deaths.
    When you score 20 kills in a game, you play against those guys that blow hard. When the enemy has that score, it's the other way around. There is no such thing as tight game. I am also unlucky, because when I carry the game, they surrender at 20, and when a teammate feeds like hell and we get our asses kicked without any shadow of a doubt, my teammates refuse to surrender.

For instance, I did a 21/4 with Vayne today, because the enemy played to aggressively on my lane.

I finished a match with Lee Sin 8/1 today because they played to aggressive. And they also surrendered at minute 20.

But the quadra/pentakill is a lie. I only witnessed a pentakill twice in all the games I have played. Caitlyn did the first one. The second one was HURR DURR SLURP DERP HURR Karthus
    Last edited by Celltrex; 2011-08-08 at 09:30 PM.

Ive scored a penta but it didn't call it one took to long to chase down the cass I guess? but for sure i aced their team. Was playing morde went top to push to second turret and my buddy in vent screams at me that their TFing with out me at dragon.... i mean really WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!? Any way I was like oh snap so I lumber my ass down to dragon as our teams running way. Well Nidalee was.... no one else lived through it.

Ult killed trynd who 1 shot their amumu. Mean while I sit on top of malzahar and eat him while my pet goes running down ashe and both my pet and I caught cass at their inhib turret. Ahhhh the joys of being left alone at top as mord :P. So yes pentas and quads do happen they are just really uncommon. Ive seen MAYBE 5 pentas and about 30 quad kills before.

I've had 3 or 4 pentas I think, just as many quadras and I don't have a count on triples. I think it's very reasonable since I've played 1800+ games. It's bound to happen
    The most amazing thing I did once was in a ranked game, I was aniv mid as always, but the lux I was against had to go back all the time because I got her to 50ish HP every time she came back. Then, their jungler and someone from bot came to gank me, it was the most intense moment I can remember, it ended with me getting a triple kill on them. Now I had enough money to get a great advantage and then when the next team fight came I got a quadra kill, the last kill must've been in the last possible second of the streak, they surrendered a couple minutes later and I ended with 7/0/0 :P
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    I've had 3 or 4 pentas I think, just as many quadras and I don't have a count on triples. I think it's very reasonable since I've played 1800+ games. It's bound to happen
    The most amazing thing I did once was in a ranked game, I was aniv mid as always, but the lux I was against had to go back all the time because I got her to 50ish HP every time she came back. Then, their jungler and someone from bot came to gank me, it was the most intense moment I can remember, it ended with me getting a triple kill on them. Now I had enough money to get a great advantage and then when the next team fight came I got a quadra kill, the last kill must've been in the last possible second of the streak, they surrendered a couple minutes later and I ended with 7/0/0 :P
    oh god fed anivias........

I've seen many Penta kills, mostly cause my team mates are complete idiots for hugging the enemy fiddle while he used his ulti, or the enemy team standing in Malzahars "Black Hole".
    I've personally only gotten a quad on a reasonably good team, they just happened to run on us at the worst possible time in their jungle (Support with low mana, Brand who just got blue so on CD, the rest were full on mana/hp), and even then two of the kills were almost KS's (Its Kill Secured, rait guise?), one died during my ulti and my Malefic Visions happened to kill the last guy who was running ^^. It would've been penta if their Shaco didn't realize to jump away.

But yes, most of these penta/quad kills happen by either team sucking horribly, or then are just very, VERY lucky.
    League: Grxl-EUW
    Guild Wars: Grxl.5236 @ Gandara
    Diablo 3

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3591/twitchx.png

Some random picture of my last games.

Also what does (Autumn) behind the map name mean?

I mean I've never seen any difference in the map, although I do not really pay attention to it I have to say.

I kinda liked the snowy map from youtube videos. Sad panda that they removed that
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-08-08 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3591/twitchx.png

Some random picture of my last games.

Also what does (Autumn) behind the map name mean?

I mean I've never seen any difference in the map, although I do not really pay attention to it I have to say.

I kinda liked the snowy map from youtube videos. Sad panda that they removed that
    It'll be back at Christmas! And the Halloween map at..halloween :P

Ooh, will those halloween skins/runes come back too?
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

Just played a 91minute game, their ezreal kept spamming us to surrender since they were quite dominant early. They just got baron and decided to push us, but we had won the last 2 teamfights. They were rushing our inhab a big clash happends it ends with only me and their ezreal standing. He goes B and starts typing shit, and then they surrender. We couldn't understand why but one of his teammates wrote "His is sleeping at his girlfriend, he had to go." Me and my 4 friends laughed. Alot.

Hmm, either I'm doing something wrong or just a horrible Lee Sin player, but every game that goes to like the 40 minute mark I seem to lose most of my damage D:

All I do in team fights is R someone who has a spell like Fiddles ulti, and then double E the whole enemy team, after that I feel like I would stop hitting them, and start slapping them around without actually DOING anything D:
    Yes, I target the squishies, but it feels like I could take any other AD, carry or not, and kill them twice as fast <.< I'm going for a high-AD build without any AS [which I feel like trying tbh], no one can 1v1 or 1v2 me most of the time but I seem to be a burden in 5v5 fights
    Last edited by Grxl; 2011-08-09 at 01:55 AM. Reason: 5 AM, brains asleep, dat grammar
    Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Hmm, either I'm doing something wrong or just a horrible Lee Sin player, but every game that goes to like the 40 minute mark I seem to lose most of my damage D:

All I do in team fights is R someone who has a spell like Fiddles ulti, and then double E the whole enemy team, after that I feel like I would stop hitting them, and start slapping them around without actually DOING anything D:
    Yes, I target the squishies, but it feels like I could take any other AD, carry or not, and kill them twice as fast <.< I'm going for a high-AD build without any AS [which I feel like trying tbh], no one can 1v1 or 1v2 me most of the time but I seem to be a burden in 5v5 fights
    You need some ArP. I don't play Lee, but I know when I play MF I have to get a Last Whisper if the game starts to go past 30-40 min. And then people melt again.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You need some ArP. I don't play Lee, but I know when I play MF I have to get a Last Whisper if the game starts to go past 30-40 min. And then people melt again.
    Thing is thou, I did get LW in that long game, but it still seemed lacking :/
    I could take say Nocturne (my favorite game carrier ) and deal like 3x the damage in the same time.
    Maybe I'm just missing something (as I got Lee Sin today) but I just have this crap feeling inside me every time I need to get into teamfights lategame >.<

inb4 go to the bathroom
    Diablo 3

Well Grx, from what I know about Lee Sin, he's a bulky damage, similar to Renekton and Trundle. He was built to do less damage, but be a lot less squishy than AD carries. It's normal you could do more damage with nocturne, as he is an AD carry.

It doesn't sound like you're playing Lee Sin wrong at all, it sounds like you're expecting AD carry damage from a bulky damage dealer, which can be hard to accomplish. The best builds I've seen on Lee Sin do focus as more bulky, with damage and lifesteal, to make him damn near unkillable.

The Patient
    awesome team i just had: Wukong, MF, Ryze, Brand and Annie (me), looked at the team so i thought i might as well tank we held them out for 53 minuttes my items, Randuin's Omen, ninja boots, chain west, Chalice, thornmail and FoN i was a really good tank but my team wouldn't help me

Stupid question ahoy.

What the hell does a tank do?! I've noticed tanks usually get TONS of assists but I'm really used to the WoW tank term and thought it means I attempt to draw the fire of enemy champions and make sure allies don't lose random health from enemy minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Stupid question ahoy.

What the hell does a tank do?! I've noticed tanks usually get TONS of assists but I'm really used to the WoW tank term and thought it means I attempt to draw the fire of enemy champions and make sure allies don't lose random health from enemy minions.
    You are supposed to disable the enemy. Look at what amumu does. Bandage toss(stun), and then ult(snare). Leona has three stuns. Alistar charges into a group of enemies, pops his ult, and starts knocking back and up enemies, and he also heals his allies. And knocking back can be used either to push away a carry from the battle or an ally, or to push a carry into the middle of your team.

Stupid question ahoy.

Some tanks have taunts (Rammus, Shen, GGalio) others have mass slows, snares, and stuns (Amumu, Malphite, Leona). The main point of a tank is to basically do everything to make sure the carries and support aren't getting attacked.

Also, my best LoL buddy went on a vacation, so I'm stuck solo queueing now

S'pose it's not all bad though, first game Went 7-2-24 with Galio, so it is possible for me to win solo queue

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Some tanks have taunts (Rammus, Shen, GGalio) others have mass slows, snares, and stuns (Amumu, Malphite, Leona). The main point of a tank is to basically do everything to make sure the carries and support aren't getting attacked.

Also, my best LoL buddy went on a vacation, so I'm stuck solo queueing now

S'pose it's not all bad though, first game Went 7-2-24 with Galio, so it is possible for me to win solo queue
    I was playing Amumu and helped my allies escape a few times using Q and R but neither of the abilities are readily available and doing so in a 2v2 (I was play a twisted treeline 3v3 match) just let me them get a kill on me instead if I stepped into save an ally. I bought force of nature, mercury treads, doran's shield and was working on another piece of magic resist but I forgot what it was. Ended as 8/3/8 and lost the match (it was very close) and I know I should have had a lot more assists.

Should also point out I'm only level 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

I was playing Amumu and helped my allies escape a few times using Q and R but neither of the abilities are readily available and doing so in a 2v2 (I was play a twisted treeline 3v3 match) just let me them get a kill on me instead if I stepped into save an ally. I bought force of nature, mercury treads, doran's shield and was working on another piece of magic resist but I forgot what it was. Ended as 8/3/8 and lost the match (it was very close) and I know I should have had a lot more assists.

The nice thing about tanks, is they are "technically" suppose to die. If a fight goes down, you die as a tank, and their carry dies to your carry, the fight was a win.

I rarely play 3v3, so I can't give too much insight there. As amumu, you can use Q to save, as you said you did. Your ult (R) is more for initiating team fights. 3v3 may have more frequent team fights, so your ult wouldn't be up as much for them.

Doesn't sound like you really did anything wrong in your game, since a tank can't exactly carry the team. As long as you got a lot of hits with your Q, used it in smart times (To save a teammate, or stop a straggler to gank him) And made sure to save your ult for initiating, you played perfectly fine.

The Patient

sounds like you did the right things, but a good tip on amumu is to get 1 point in q early on and else max W and E first