Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    How? Nothing important is still in effect after 3 minutes which is why it has that delay so that people can't abuse it in normal queues, right?
    Baron timers, Dragon timers, buff timers, summoner spell cooldowns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Baron timers, Dragon timers, buff timers, summoner spell cooldowns
    Add 6 minute delay
    Everything except Baron is fixed but if they get baron and the enemy team can't even estimate a time, I don't think they were the kind to bother.
    Or what, do they just not want people to have to see games 3 entire, horrible, awful minutes later?

Realistically the players can keep track of those themselves (I would've expected them to tbh)
    Baron timer is sort of obvious, you're only really going to get a stealth dragon if you do some seriously inconspicuous counterwarding, buffs could be a problem though because they're not warded at all times. Summoner spells, eh. I guess you could be using them in fog but for what purpose?
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-01-03 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Add 6 minute delay
    Everything except Baron is fixed but if they get baron and the enemy team can't even estimate a time, I don't think they were the kind to bother.
    Or what, do they just not want people to have to see games 3 entire, horrible, awful minutes later?

Baron timer is sort of obvious, you're only really going to get a stealth dragon if you do some seriously inconspicuous counterwarding, buffs could be a problem though because they're not warded at all times. Summoner spells, eh. I guess you could be using them in fog but for what purpose?
    Engage on the team now when ADC has no Flash, or wait 20 seconds until he does have Flash.

Realistically the players can keep track of those themselves (I would've expected them to tbh)
    Pink Wards/Oracles. Get the timer wrong by more than 10 seconds and you could lose a second baron. I'm not saying they shouldn't but you asked why as nothing important is in effect.

Deleted
    Engage on the team now when ADC has no Flash, or wait 20 seconds until he does have Flash.
    If the enemy AD Carry has used flash with you having no access to those events whatsoever then I'm honestly curious as to how serious of a competition this is anyway.
    If, on the other hand, you DID see the flash, you could easily count the time in your head if you could be arsed enough. It's not a problem that spectating introduces.

Deleted
    regardless:

Hey all,
    For the online tournament coming up on January 4th and 5th, Riot organizers (Tiza, Janook, Rara, Phreak, and more) will provide directed camera streams of as many of these matches as we can. These online qualifying matches will not be casted by Riot, but any casters who would like to rebroadcast the matches should feel free to do so.
    We’ll be streaming the January 11th North American Qualifiers in full force.
    Stay tuned for details. Best of luck to the teams competing in the online tournament.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:21 PM ----------

The second the spectator sees the pink ward placed, it will disappear in game. They'll see whoever has oracles when they're running around. I just think it's a pointless way to cheat and it hardly gives you a huge advantage
    Pink wards as in, it clears your sight of baron/dragon. If you lose a teamfight at Baron and can't contest it, you need to know the timer. It's a way of cheating.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:24 PM ----------

If the enemy AD Carry has used flash with you having no access to those events whatsoever then I'm honestly curious as to how serious of a competition this is anyway.
    If, on the other hand, you DID see the flash, you could easily count the time in your head if you could be arsed enough. It's not a problem that spectating introduces.
    Really? Im giving reasons why spectator could be bad. I can't remember I heard a pro player go "He flashed at 14:27 it will be up at XX:XX" Usually it's "Is his flash up Y/N.

Deleted
    I think you are looking from the wrong angle. It's not about how useful the cheating it would enable be, it's about preserving integrity of the entire event. Remember the buzz about AZF cheating in the finals? That single event was enough to question entire competition's fairness. Right now it does not matter how serious the cheating could possibly be, they just want to remove the entire notion of unfair play from the equation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think you are looking from the wrong angle. It's not about how useful the cheating it would enable be, it's about preserving integrity of the entire event. Remember the buzz about AZF cheating in the finals? That single event was enough to question entire competition's fairness. Right now it does not matter how serious the cheating could possibly be, they just want to remove the entire notion of unfair play from the equation.
    I doubt there would be cheating regardless, as it's a live event, and I doubt there'd be a huge ass screen behind them for qualifiers:

Jan 11th NA Qualifiers will be live in the sense that players will be playing at a venue instead of online. There won't be a public audience.

Deleted
    Really? Im giving reasons why spectator could be bad. I can't remember I heard a pro player go "He flashed at 14:27 it will be up at XX:XX" Usually it's "Is his flash up Y/N.
    When important target uses flash, type in team chat "ADC flash *time it happened*", the time it will be up again is a flat 6 minutes from then so it's not like it's that hard to know.

Deleted
    When important target uses flash, type in team chat "ADC flash *time it happened*", the time it will be up again is a flat 6 minutes from then so it's not like it's that hard to know.
    And if you get the exact timing during a high-pressure team fight where losing could be the difference between qualifying and going home for the season then ill be amazed.

And then there's potentially Summoners Insight, Mastermind and Distortion Boot enchants. Also, 300 seconds is 5 minutes, not 6.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-01-03 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No. Her AS boost on heal remains the same no matter how much AP she has. Her traps do the exact same with 0 AP. Her spears do enough damage without any AP. At the point you'd get to 200 AP, a Karthus would have 500. Guess who does more damage? The incidental AP on your heal will be nice. But you bring Nidalee not for her spears late game. You bring her for early lane domination alongside a Caitlyn because of double traps and insane reach. None of those two have to do with AP. Nidalee's spears will not reach any further if she has 200 AP.

You are looking at entirely the wrong reasons why people bring supports. They are brought for the effects they provide -without any items-.

Yes..and honestly, Nidalee's effects without items are poor to say the least. A weak heal and AS boost, a paper spear, and traps. Let's not even discuss how much more powerful Lux kit is.

Deleted
    And if you get the exact timing during a high-pressure team fight where losing could be the difference between qualifying and going home for the season then ill be amazed.
    Just estimate it, fight took place from 13:20 to 13:40, it will be up again around 19:20+, try to fight before then.
    I mean maybe I'm just blessed with godlike cognition (I'm gonna hazard a guess at "no" here) but I don't see what's so difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes..and honestly, Nidalee's effects without items are poor to say the least. A weak heal and AS boost, a paper spear, and traps. Let's not even discuss how much more powerful Lux kit is.
    -snip-

Memes are not allowed, stated quite often and in the rules.

-Duronos
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-01-03 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You're somewhat late to the discussion. I think we had decided already that Nidalee and Lux both are pretty shoddy supports.

Deleted
    Just estimate it, fight took place from 13:20 to 13:40, it will be up again around 19:20+, try to fight before then.
    I mean maybe I'm just blessed with godlike cognition (I'm gonna hazard a guess at "no" here) but I don't see what's so difficult.
    That in team fights, you realistically. have more important things to concentrate on. Not the top left of your screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You're somewhat late to the discussion. I think we had decided already that Nidalee and Lux both are pretty shoddy supports.
    Shoddy? Means what?

Deleted
    Means they aint seen my support Nidalee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played against an AP Nidalee mid, needless to say she got the first 2 kills on me but after that I murdered her, literally had 3 bars of health, baited her and just wailed on her so badly. Stupid people trying to 1v1 Eve at lv 8+
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    That in team fights, you realistically. have more important things to concentrate on. Not the top left of your screen.
    I guess I really must be godlike then.
    Time to go be pro in Quake Live.

Deleted
    I guess I really must be godlike then.
    Time to go be pro in Quake Live.
    cy@. gl hf.

Deleted
    I'm watching a streamed game, what is the tournament draft mode?