Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    TF is good but getting DFG on him isn't good because there's always the possibility of missing your Q, even so, I don't think you have enough burst, not early/mid game atleast, to use it effectively.

As for Deathcap and Lichbane, I don't know tbh, if you expect to do a lot of AA then go for, otherwise, Deathcap? I'm not really sure on TF, I don't really play him that often.
    Huh? Why would you NOT buy a Deathcap on any AP carry.

Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Bought TF and I'm having some great fun with him but I'm unsure how to play him properly. I'm too used to burst/assassin mages, I guess.

Do I rush Deathcap or Lichbane? Is DFG good on him? If yes, when should I build it, after lichbane or very late game? (this is considering I don't need a void staff because of no magic res stackers on opponent team or similar important items)
    TF Build guide.
    Rabadon's/Lich Bane/Zhonya's Hourglass/Athene's are good according to the guide I found, I kind of agree with him.
    I disagree with his "Will of the Ancients" pick, I'd rather get Void Staff for late game, but then again, it's in the "Other items" part.

Technically you'd want to rush a Rabadons into Lich Bane.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Huh? Why would you NOT buy a Deathcap on any AP carry.
    I didn't say that. He asked if he should buy Deathcap first over Lichbane or vise versa, I just gave my opinion on it but I didn't say not to build Deathcap.

Wow, I didn't read the tooltip lol, major flaw there. xd

Nvm what I said about Runaan's then.

Meh, I don't really know how good Shiv would be, I guess I need to try but I doubt it's any good on Dominion because people are usually solo or only two or three, so testing the item effectively is impossible for me.

Even so, I don't like aoe damage on ad carries, I'd still would rather go single target damage.
    I would rather go for more damage in dominion than a shiv, Iceborn Gauntlet would be a badass item there. (Permaslow, you mad?)

TF is good but getting DFG on him isn't good because there's always the possibility of missing your Q, even so, I don't think you have enough burst, not early/mid game atleast, to use it effectively.

As for Deathcap and Lichbane, I don't know tbh, if you expect to do a lot of AA then go for, otherwise, Deathcap? I'm not really sure on TF, I don't really play him that often.
    That's what I thought! But I just saw a replay of this high elo person rushing it as first item and it made me wonder... he didn't do too bad, but I'm not sure if it was because of the DFG.

I guess I'll stick to deathcap and lichbane first for now and then see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I would rather go for more damage in dominion than a shiv, Iceborn Gauntlet would be a badass item there. (Permaslow, you mad?)
    Yep, one more reason I'd like to pass it on an ad carry.
    I guess I'll stick to deathcap and lichbane first for now and then see how it goes.
    I honestly don't know the current situation of DFG, but from what I've seen and experienced, it's only good mid/late game when you have a deathcap or good items for dmg.

Rushing it isn't really a good thing anymore I believe.

That's what I thought! But I just saw a replay of this high elo person rushing it as first item and it made me wonder... he didn't do too bad, but I'm not sure if it was because of the DFG.

DFG makes his ganking deadlier, by amplifying damage on a target, and eliminating it quickly with your side-lane partners.
    Raba/Lich is more conventional, but in the end either works fine.

"Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets"
    The hits proc the on hit effects yeah, but Ezreal has no on-hit effects other than Iceborn Gauntlet/Trinity/Shiv, which he allready procs on his Q every time, so you won't get any use out of Runaan's.
    Thats what all on-hit items say, though. Iceborn Gauntlet says "After using an ability, your next basic attack blablabla", Malady says "Your basic attacks reduce ..." and "Your basic attacks deal ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Thats what all on-hit items say, though. Iceborn Gauntlet says "After using an ability, your next basic attack blablabla", Malady says "Your basic attacks reduce ..." and "Your basic attacks deal ..."
    It was just to explain why Runaan's doesn't sync with Ezreal, not to explain on hit effects :P

DFG makes his ganking deadlier, by amplifying damage on a target, and eliminating it quickly with your side-lane partners.
    Raba/Lich is more conventional, but in the end either works fine.
    Makes sense. I just didn't think TF had enough abilities/burst to make best use of those 4 seconds.

Thanks for the link, by the way!

I didn't say that. He asked if he should buy Deathcap first over Lichbane or vise versa, I just gave my opinion on it but I didn't say not to build Deathcap.
    Ooh like that, sorry I didn't read the full comment.

Anyways, got a nice juke yesterday with Lee:

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Ooh like that, sorry I didn't read the full comment.

Anyways, got a nice juke yesterday with Lee:

snippedy snap.
    Is it just me, or was that a really short flash?

Is it just me, or was that a really short flash?
    Yeah, guess it was.

Stupid wall. :P

It was just to explain why Runaan's doesn't sync with Ezreal, not to explain on hit effects :P
    I know, but Runaan's is worded the same way as other on-hit items, which is why it's weird that it doesn't work with Q if other on-hit items do.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I know, but Runaan's is worded the same way as other on-hit items, which is why it's weird that it doesn't work with Q if other on-hit items do.
    Trinity Force: "After using an ability, your next basic attack deals..."
    Runaan's Hurricane: "Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets..."
    Not quite the same wording. Similar, but not the same.

even if it did work, ezreals q has an 1100 range, hurricane only works up to around 600ish. statikk shiv is great on ez and ashe. it's great frontloaded burst(guaranteed to crit for ashe, plus her guaranteed crit) and it's nice to help push a lane for ezreal who has no real aoe. overall dps is slightly lower with shiv, in a full 6 item build, and given no movement, or attack speed steroids. also deathcap rush is far less viable after it's nerf. it's only "premium" for the combine cost is the increased %ap. it gets no bonus ap over it's components, and the %ap doesnt make it a cost effective first buy. you need at least one other ap item, for it to be completely worth it's cost.

Trinity Force: "After using an ability, your next basic attack deals..."
    Runaan's Hurricane: "Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets..."
    Not quite the same wording. Similar, but not the same.
    Both of Malady's effects are worded just like Runaan's, that was my point. So I guess there's 2 very different kinds of on-hit items? Triforce/Lichbane/Gauntlet(Sheen procc items) and Malady/Wit's End(+magic damage)

Quote Originally Posted by dengatron View Post
    even if it did work, ezreals q has an 1100 range, hurricane only works up to around 600ish.
    As far as I know, Runaan's procs where ever the attack hits, and from that point, it affects everyone within a 600 range. I think it's that, atleast what I got from it, is that.

As far as I know, Runaan's procs where ever the attack hits, and from that point, it affects everyone within a 600 range. I think it's that, atleast what I got from it, is that.
    the spread from primary target is only 300 units. apparently the only thing that can out range it is the end of twitch's ult. seems to still work for kog'maw and tristana at 700+. better than the 600 i thought it was, but still no 1100

The new Static Shiv and Iceborn Gauntlet Ezreals make me cry. I understand the poke, but you need to be ahead and winning a game for it to work. I've won games because the enemy Ezreal took that build path and wasn't able to deal enough damage while I tore apart his team. Once as Varus and another time as mirror match Ezreal. After the Iceborn Gauntlet range nerf I'm sure they will slowly start disappearing.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ