Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Darius stuff
    The point is that Darius either beats you, or you beat him, and its totally based on whether you've counter picked him or whether you've not counter picked him. For example, if you play Kennen, you'll beat Darius. However if you pick literally any melee in the game, you lose to Darius. His bleed makes him a very strong trader, he has an AS reduction and a short range hook for if you try to disengage. I mean literally the only "bruiser" that has ever beaten Darius was Jayce, who happens to have the best disengage outside of supports.

Darius is an "all or nothing" champion. Where if you happen to be another melee you'll be going home with nothing. Olaf for example cannot win top lane by maxing E, he can trade great, but you'll shove the lane into his tower and without Q maxed his wave shit is clear, so provided you don't keep commiting suicide you'll outscale him and reach his weaker late game. But what do you do vs Darius in this situation? Like when Jax can't beat him, and Jax is possibly the only melee hypercarry the game has seen (Tryndamere is a maybe) as well as possibly the strongest 1v1 in melee situations, doesn't that tell you something is wrong?

Also on Ghost/Flash, Wingsofdeath plays Darius with both, he don't need no ignite, just stay on people and they're gaurenteed to die before you do. Darius ult doesnt even have that long of a CD 100/90/80 compared to Garens 160/120/80 (this ones a joke btw, 160? fix that shit Riot.)

On the topic of broken vs balanced. Lets grab Vayne. Vayne has what Riot have confessed to be the most broken ability they have ever put in the game, Silver Bolts. They have admitted that there is no way in hell to balance this ability and they regret ever putting it in. However is Vayne OP? No.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I thought people have said to not pick Teemo to counter Darius because his AA range is the same as Darius' E.
    That counts for most of the ranged champions which are played top. Teemo can be played against Darius but you have to be very careful (he's so squishy) and he has to blind right before he gets hit by the auto + w combo after the pull. All the work just to have less impact in a teamfight than Darius.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    On the topic of broken vs balanced. Lets grab Vayne. Vayne has what Riot have confessed to be the most broken ability they have ever put in the game, Silver Bolts. They have admitted that there is no way in hell to balance this ability and they regret ever putting it in. However is Vayne OP? No.
    Other than that, Vayne's kit isn't toxic to the game though, and somehow they managed to balance it by making her earlygame very weak, as well as toning her down from her release state. While other champions have kits that are actually toxic and overpowered, therefore detrimental to the game (i.e. Release Evelynn, Release Heimerdinger, Release Xin Zhao, Yorick). And some champion kits simply don't work in the current meta (i.e. the burst/combo champs: LeBlanc, Annie, Brand, Veigar, not to mention Karma.)

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    That counts for most of the ranged champions which are played top. Teemo can be played against Darius but you have to be very careful (he's so squishy) and he has to blind right before he gets hit by the auto + w combo after the pull. All the work just to have less impact in a teamfight than Darius.
    That as well. People still forget that the laning phase is just one part of the game.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I thought people have said to not pick Teemo to counter Darius because his AA range is the same as Darius' E.
    I didn't say that he murdered Darius. I think it's a damn stupid idea to pick Teemo vs Darius, but then again, I think it's a damn stupid idea to pick Teemo in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    I agree that he isn't "soooo strong" especially not against more skilled players but against less-skilled players and in 3v3 or Dominion he is an absolute beast.

I like the new ideas they have for him from a conceptual stand point. Though spreading stacks to everyone to me needs changed because that could be a disaster just waiting to happen.
    Well yeah, he's strong against less experienced people, but that's a common thing for "those" champions (you know the kind. Yi, Tryndamere, etc.).
    I was just confused as to actual smart people could have so much trouble with him.

Also, if they made him strong, in the sense of "effort is rewarded" then I wouldn't mind the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    @Grading

I suck at posting so I´m not quoting that. Well it´s both really, you can´t avoid his Q when you choose to trade and his numbers are just insane damage wise.

Katarina and Evelynn are a lot more fun to play though, not to mention they don´t really have counters. Anyways I don´t actually think he is OP but he dumps on a big pool of top laners.
    It's the same with most champions though. Get close and they'll just hit you for free harass. The only issue I'm having is seeing how Darius' hits are worse than other champions, though I will say it's not exactly hard to hit people with him when they get too close.

However, Katarina and Evelynn are on a whole other plane of bullshit because they, like Darius, have burst damage, but also WAY too much mobility with it. Darius actually has to get close and stuff, Katarina and Evelynn can just jump/sneak up on people, burst them for TONS OF DAMAGE then get away pretty easily, which is pure bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Stuff
    I agree that Darius is "all or nothing". The problem I have is that people seem to make him out to be unbeatable. Sure, he's really strong, but that's mostly the only thing he is. I will say that the attack speed reduction is something I was only aware of recently, but I heard they're removing it as it's pretty overkill.

Also, I don't think Jax should beat Darius early game, as Jax arguably scales way better into late game.

Another thing: Darius has a pretty slim chance of getting away if he's ganked. Jax has Leap Strike, Olaf can slow, Riven can jump, Renekton can spin, Teemo can run fast, Garen can just run like a little girl, and so on. Darius can slow one person, in melee range. You could put summoner spells in here, but that's equal for everyone.

I'll end it with this note: there are two main things that bother me with him, and that's his AS reduction, and his ultimate is a bit too strong in lane. I mean, he can pretty much just end a duel when he wants if he gets enough stacks (Garen does this too, although not exactly as strong, but he doesn't need to stack anything).

I'm not saying Darius is balanced. I'm just saying people make him out to be something more than he is sometimes.

Darius pick in Ranked, counterpick with Kayle, gg easy win, your Darius is invalid.

Or if you're a first pick top instalocker, ask for jungle ganks, he can't do shit to escape them except run away like the slug he is.

Can anyone give me tips for top lane/last hitting?

I've just finished my first 5 ranked placement games and it put me at about 1100 ELO. I don't want to go back into another game because I keep getting yelled at ALL the time. Generally I fall behind by like 20/30 farm, but I ward, call ss, go to team fights etc and I don't know why I'm being yelled at, usually it's just a "OMG U STUPID <insert current champ name here> FCKING IDIOT". So I assume it's from falling behind in farm a bit or doing something else I don't know.

So does anyone have tips for last hitting better?
    Can you make it so it won't attack the closest thing to you if you're not attacking anything? That's hella annoying.
    Could you recommend me some top champions to try? I've been playing olaf but I don't think I'm great with him (or I'm building him wrong)

Thanks for any help

Hard to tell what you're doing wrong with this little info, tbh.

What else could help ^^?

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    What else could help ^^?
    Got LoLRecorder downloaded? You could upload the games and have them looked over

I'll try that, although I'm a bit embarrassed because I'm not a great player

Edit: Pooh, forgot to download LoLRecorder (new pc) had it on my laptop -_-. Downloading it now for future games.

Yeah, no offense, but all we're really getting is that you're yelled at because you're a small amount of cs behind the other guy.
    Surely there's something else to it? Because that doesn't seem like a whole lot.

I know it's something else, sorry if it makes out I'm trying to sound cocky or anything I'm really not, I know I'm doing something more wrong

Forget that bit then, I'll try playing a few more games first and then upload replays. But any tips to my second questions ^^?

Can you make it so it won't attack the closest thing to you if you're not attacking anything? That's hella annoying.
    Could you recommend me some top champions to try? I've been playing olaf but I don't think I'm great with him (or I'm building him wrong)

What else could help ^^?
    If you are moving around you won't be swinging at the closest thing to you, just in general moving around is good to avoid harass from the enemy laner and to get in position for last hitting.

Though I think 'S' stops attacks? Haven't tried it personally.

As for top laners to try, Jax, Cho'gath, Irelia. All strong champions. Garen is cheap and can be a beast up top especially against people who are overconfident.

Easiest way is to spam rightclick and S on an enemy.
    It also looks and sounds hilarious in most cases.

Spam right click and S on an enemy? To stop the auto swinging? Should just be an option for it :P Thanks for the top laner suggestions, I think I'll try Garen

I know it's something else, sorry if it makes out I'm trying to sound cocky or anything I'm really not, I know I'm doing something more wrong
    Oh, no no, don't worry, you don't sound cocky at all. You sound just fine. Sorry if I said something bad.

I don't know about the first. All I can tell you is that some people get better by doing custom games and training at last hitting. It might be smart to do so if you feel it's taking too much focus to do it in addition to paying attention to everything else.

Try to get used to pressing S when you want to stop moving. It'll stop all movement and auto-attacking, so you don't have to keep clicking around.

Olaf is kind of a champion you have to be really "quick" about. You need to do stuff fast with him to bring out his full potential.

I can't think of many champions. There's Jayce who switches between melee and ranged, for when you need to safely farm from a distance, and when you need to get close and bring the pain.

Sorry, simple top champions isn't my area of expertise. I'm sure someone else will help with that though.
    EDIT: Yes, Garen is pretty simple. He's kind of susceptible to ranged poke though, but he's fairly tanky and does decent damage.

Can anyone give me tips for top lane/last hitting?

I've just finished my first 5 ranked placement games and it put me at about 1100 ELO. I don't want to go back into another game because I keep getting yelled at ALL the time. Generally I fall behind by like 20/30 farm, but I ward, call ss, go to team fights etc and I don't know why I'm being yelled at, usually it's just a "OMG U STUPID <insert current champ name here> FCKING IDIOT". So I assume it's from falling behind in farm a bit or doing something else I don't know.

Thanks for any help
    Go into custom games and practice. A Popular thing to do in Dota 2 is pick Shadowfiend (Great animation, very very low base damage) and see how many CS you can get in 10 minutes. You can do the same thing in League. CS is a mechanic and therefore you can learn and improve on it.

Pressing S makes your character stop and not attack. Just get into the habit of hitting it whenever you stop or just constantly keep moving. You could also just rekeybind stuff.

Top champions? Riven, Renekton, Olaf, Cho'Gath, etc...There are a ton of possible top champions. If you want t a specific answer I'd pop over to the "What champion should I buy" thread and give us some more specific information on what type o champion you're looking for.

On the whole Darius thing...He's fine. He has damage and the potential to snowball. That's all. He's easily shut down in lane by either:

a) Picking the right counter (Kennen, Kayle, Yorick, etc...)
    b) Getting ganks (He naturally pushes and has no mobility at all).
    c) Both l0l

If you shut him down in lane then those True Damage ults in the teamfight? He'll be dead before he can get them off is he's underfarmed and weak from ganks/counterpicking. Sure, he may not be the most fun champion to play against, but honestly? Who enjoys playing against a Vlad, Teemo, Eve, etc? This whole "Everything must be 100% fun and fair" type mindset is a bit annoying. Counters exist, counterplay exists. You just don't like him because his kit is fucking easy really.

easiest way to get good CS is to start with +15 ad runes.

I'm okay with last hitting it's self, what I can't handle is an enemy champion poking at me constantly and getting me low enough that I have to really hold back or B and still beat my farm ^^ or is that due to not enough practice at last hitting?

Thanks for the S tip, I'll keep that in mind when I do stay still at times and thanks for the champion suggestions. I have olaf, riven, garen, and a few others I think I'll experiment a bit. And the only thing I hate about darius is his ultimate :P (then again who doesn't)