1. #23041
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oy, I thought that image made it pretty clear I was joking. :<
    Don't worry. I realized that quite easily. I just wanted to make a statement

  2. #23042
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    New Annie visual?

    God, I can finally say with pride that I haven't bought her and will do so now. HAHHA!

    Looks super good despite all that.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  3. #23043
    The Lightbringer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    There was an image floating around of what it looked like when Soraka was given her update. It looked like one of Lux's bland Military skins. Didn't fit Soraka at all and was ugly. I understand why they scrapped it.
    If it was ugly I can see it being scrapped, design mishaps happen and better if they are fished out beforehand like that. However, I do not buy "The skin did not fit the champion" excuse, ever. Nine out of ten skins do not fit their champions at all. :)
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  4. #23044
    Over 9000! Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    9,222
    IronStylus posted quite extensively on it. Essentially the skin was not up to par and they dropped it. She'd get another one. SoonTM.

  5. #23045
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    SoonTM.
    = Next year or never.

    Either way, I remember looking at some screenies from that skin and it wasn't that bad, I don't know if it fits her or not but new skins on a champion aren't really supposed to fit them, actually, it'd be weird to fit them in some cases.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  6. #23046
    Fluffy Kitten Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If it was ugly I can see it being scrapped, design mishaps happen and better if they are fished out beforehand like that. However, I do not buy "The skin did not fit the champion" excuse, ever. Nine out of ten skins do not fit their champions at all.
    I don't know how some people use the "The skin did not fit the champion" excuse, but when I use it I mean both design wise and lore wise. Skins aren't meant to fit the lore or the character's canon personality all the time. Some do and some don't. What matters the most is how it fits into the character's design and skills. Riven looks like a little rabbit hopping around with her Q, hence, Battle Bunny Riven. Arcade Sona should be self-explanatory. The Valentine's Day Vayne skin and it's relation to cupid (Ashe or Varus could have worked too for this).

    Here is the Soraka skin:


    IMO, it's really ugly. Not only that, but it doesn't fit her character design and mechanics wise. Why is a healer in full plate armor and carrying what looks like a hammer? Doesn't really fit her kit.

  7. #23047
    The Lightbringer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    IMO, it's really ugly. Not only that, but it doesn't fit her character design and mechanics wise. Why is a healer in full plate armor and carrying what looks like a hammer? Doesn't really fit her kit.
    I agree it is ugly and I can see why would it be scrapped. However, that hammer and plate armour fit her design no less than swinging around a giant carrot in a corset fits Riven, being a nerd's wet dream GamerGirl fits Sona, or being a businessman fits Mundo. If all we need for a skin to "fit the design" is a distant, ambiguous relation then full plate armour and a hammer fit a battle healer/priest archetype very well. Look priests of Sigmar from Fantasy Warhammer world or Paladins from Warcraft.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  8. #23048
    I think the point is that there's a difference between skins that are taken out of character for humor, and those who are just out of character due to bad design.

    If anything, Taric should be wearing full plate with a mace, not Soraka. Something like a priest, druid or shaman outfit would be great though.

  9. #23049
    Mechagnome Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I think the point is that there's a difference between skins that are taken out of character for humor, and those who are just out of character due to bad design.

    If anything, Taric should be wearing full plate with a mace, not Soraka. Something like a priest, druid or shaman outfit would be great though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-358#...hots:id=243279
    this is what sorakas skin should be

  10. #23050
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-358#...hots:id=243279
    this is what sorakas skin should be
    God no. Tired of the almost same looking tiers from WoW.

    I want more than that.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  11. #23051
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-358#...hots:id=243279
    this is what sorakas skin should be
    Couldn't have picked a more boring set of gear honestly..

  12. #23052
    Mechagnome Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Couldn't have picked a more boring set of gear honestly..
    but, it looks so pretty

  13. #23053
    Fluffy Kitten Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I agree it is ugly and I can see why would it be scrapped. However, that hammer and plate armour fit her design no less than swinging around a giant carrot in a corset fits Riven, being a nerd's wet dream GamerGirl fits Sona, or being a businessman fits Mundo. If all we need for a skin to "fit the design" is a distant, ambiguous relation then full plate armour and a hammer fit a battle healer/priest archetype very well. Look priests of Sigmar from Fantasy Warhammer world or Paladins from Warcraft.
    Paladins though are a different theme. Taric is the paladin archetype. Soraka is the Priest archetype. I just can't see how putting her in armor would work unless it's closer to cloth armor in WoW, like Silent linked, or some kind of light armor. That could be a much nicer way to go down the battle priestess route for Soraka.

  14. #23054
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Paladins though are a different theme. Taric is the paladin archetype. Soraka is the Priest archetype. I just can't see how putting her in armor would work unless it's closer to cloth armor in WoW, like Silent linked, or some kind of light armor. That could be a much nicer way to go down the battle priestess route for Soraka.
    It makes more sense giving a priest character plated battle armor, than giving an exiled warrior a bunny suit with a massive carrot as her sword.

  15. #23055
    The Lightbringer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Paladins though are a different theme. Taric is the paladin archetype. Soraka is the Priest archetype. I just can't see how putting her in armor would work unless it's closer to cloth armor in WoW, like Silent linked, or some kind of light armor. That could be a much nicer way to go down the battle priestess route for Soraka.
    Plate armour is not exclusive to the Paladin archetype. In fantasy heavy armour and blunt weaponry are often associated with priests and priestesses, mainly thanks to Warhammer's and Dungeons'n'Dragons' influence. Female armour is not as heavy for obvious reasons(duh.), but it's still distinctly plate; covering less than it should, but not made of any lighter materials.

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/20...y_Obrotowy.jpg
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...riest02_02.jpg
    http://www.aaronbmiller.com/wp/wp-co...estOfThune.jpg
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4...erfinal5vp.jpg

    A couple of images, all of them displaying DnD/Warhammer style of a battle priest(ess).
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  16. #23056
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Plate armour is not exclusive to the Paladin archetype. In fantasy heavy armour and blunt weaponry are often associated with priests and priestesses, mainly thanks to Warhammer's and Dungeons'n'Dragons' influence. Female armour is not as heavy for obvious reasons(duh.), but it's still distinctly plate; covering less than it should, but not made of any lighter materials.

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/20...y_Obrotowy.jpg
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...riest02_02.jpg
    http://www.aaronbmiller.com/wp/wp-co...estOfThune.jpg
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4...erfinal5vp.jpg

    A couple of images, all of them displaying DnD/Warhammer style of a battle priest(ess).
    I actually like these kinds of suits(?, armor?) for Soraka. Be nice to make her a bit bad-ass..ish. Especially like the last one (Rest if male!!)

  17. #23057
    Fluffy Kitten Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Plate armour is not exclusive to the Paladin archetype. In fantasy heavy armour and blunt weaponry are often associated with priests and priestesses, mainly thanks to Warhammer's and Dungeons'n'Dragons' influence. Female armour is not as heavy for obvious reasons(duh.), but it's still distinctly plate; covering less than it should, but not made of any lighter materials.

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/20...y_Obrotowy.jpg
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...riest02_02.jpg
    http://www.aaronbmiller.com/wp/wp-co...estOfThune.jpg
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4...erfinal5vp.jpg

    A couple of images, all of them displaying DnD/Warhammer style of a battle priest(ess).
    For those games and settings it works, because when making the world they allowed it. In LoL they didn't set a precedent for it, so for me it would feel weird. It's like in WoW if priests were suddenly able to wear plate. If they did it now it would be weird and not fit well, but if it was that way from the start then it would fit fine.

    Anyway, I've made most of my points by now and don't really have any left. If they make it then obviously Riot thinks people will like it. I personally don't though so I just won't buy it if and when it comes out.

    Onto something new, I'm curious what this Jayce in my last game thought when he saw me come top as Elise. While it might not be odd with a traditional mid, we had a Yorick who had first pick and it would have looked like he was going top to the other team. It had to be one of those "wtf" moments.

  18. #23058
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Onto something new, I'm curious what this Jayce in my last game thought when he saw me come top as Elise. While it might not be odd with a traditional mid, we had a Yorick who had first pick and it would have looked like he was going top to the other team. It had to be one of those "wtf" moments.
    My brother went a game with LB. A guy picked Galio.

    He never wanted to go mid. Galio got pissed in the end because my bro didn't went mid, he lost and my bro went full AP and beat bot lane hard. It was funny lol.

    The guy was very butthurt that he wasn't against LB. xD
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  19. #23059
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,687
    I was going to ask if people had not heard of lane switching... then I realized how difficult it must be to do it in a game with randoms when it looks like you're dumping your problem onto someone else ._.
    Meh.

  20. #23060
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I was going to ask if people had not heard of lane switching... then I realized how difficult it must be to do it in a game with randoms when it looks like you're dumping your problem onto someone else ._.
    When ever I had troubles in my lane, I always asked for a lane switch, I usually managed to do that and people didn't really get upset. Although, I managed to switch to mid/top more often than to bot and from bot to mid/top.

    Even so, till my last days of SR(), I never switched because my lanes were pretty comfortable and I was a pretty defensive player, though I liked to go in randomly to kill someone in lane or in a gank, I'm like an assassin type lol.

    I also offered to switch if the other lane was bad but most people just say no for some reason.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •