1. #23081
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Plate armour is not exclusive to the Paladin archetype. In fantasy heavy armour and blunt weaponry are often associated with priests and priestesses, mainly thanks to Warhammer's and Dungeons'n'Dragons' influence. Female armour is not as heavy for obvious reasons(duh.), but it's still distinctly plate; covering less than it should, but not made of any lighter materials.

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/20...y_Obrotowy.jpg
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...riest02_02.jpg
    http://www.aaronbmiller.com/wp/wp-co...estOfThune.jpg
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4...erfinal5vp.jpg

    A couple of images, all of them displaying DnD/Warhammer style of a battle priest(ess).
    I actually like these kinds of suits(?, armor?) for Soraka. Be nice to make her a bit bad-ass..ish. Especially like the last one (Rest if male!!)

  2. #23082
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Plate armour is not exclusive to the Paladin archetype. In fantasy heavy armour and blunt weaponry are often associated with priests and priestesses, mainly thanks to Warhammer's and Dungeons'n'Dragons' influence. Female armour is not as heavy for obvious reasons(duh.), but it's still distinctly plate; covering less than it should, but not made of any lighter materials.

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/20...y_Obrotowy.jpg
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...riest02_02.jpg
    http://www.aaronbmiller.com/wp/wp-co...estOfThune.jpg
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4...erfinal5vp.jpg

    A couple of images, all of them displaying DnD/Warhammer style of a battle priest(ess).
    For those games and settings it works, because when making the world they allowed it. In LoL they didn't set a precedent for it, so for me it would feel weird. It's like in WoW if priests were suddenly able to wear plate. If they did it now it would be weird and not fit well, but if it was that way from the start then it would fit fine.

    Anyway, I've made most of my points by now and don't really have any left. If they make it then obviously Riot thinks people will like it. I personally don't though so I just won't buy it if and when it comes out.

    Onto something new, I'm curious what this Jayce in my last game thought when he saw me come top as Elise. While it might not be odd with a traditional mid, we had a Yorick who had first pick and it would have looked like he was going top to the other team. It had to be one of those "wtf" moments.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  3. #23083
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Onto something new, I'm curious what this Jayce in my last game thought when he saw me come top as Elise. While it might not be odd with a traditional mid, we had a Yorick who had first pick and it would have looked like he was going top to the other team. It had to be one of those "wtf" moments.
    My brother went a game with LB. A guy picked Galio.

    He never wanted to go mid. Galio got pissed in the end because my bro didn't went mid, he lost and my bro went full AP and beat bot lane hard. It was funny lol.

    The guy was very butthurt that he wasn't against LB. xD

  4. #23084
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,549
    I was going to ask if people had not heard of lane switching... then I realized how difficult it must be to do it in a game with randoms when it looks like you're dumping your problem onto someone else ._.
    Meh.

  5. #23085
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I was going to ask if people had not heard of lane switching... then I realized how difficult it must be to do it in a game with randoms when it looks like you're dumping your problem onto someone else ._.
    When ever I had troubles in my lane, I always asked for a lane switch, I usually managed to do that and people didn't really get upset. Although, I managed to switch to mid/top more often than to bot and from bot to mid/top.

    Even so, till my last days of SR(), I never switched because my lanes were pretty comfortable and I was a pretty defensive player, though I liked to go in randomly to kill someone in lane or in a gank, I'm like an assassin type lol.

    I also offered to switch if the other lane was bad but most people just say no for some reason.

  6. #23086
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,549
    Probably for the same reason people say "yes lol" when I ask them "can you handle Darius/Riven/Singed/etc or do you want me to do it?" and then end up throwing the game for everybody :P
    Meh.

  7. #23087
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Paladins though are a different theme. Taric is the paladin archetype. Soraka is the Priest archetype. I just can't see how putting her in armor would work unless it's closer to cloth armor in WoW, like Silent linked, or some kind of light armor. That could be a much nicer way to go down the battle priestess route for Soraka.
    Taric visual rework, purple skin looks like Paladin Tier 5 and his mace looks like Hammer of the Naaru.
    Let's do it.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  8. #23088
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Taric visual rework, purple skin looks like Paladin Tier 5 and his mace looks like Hammer of the Naaru.
    Let's do it.
    NO

    *^*

    c

    I don't want WoW stuff on my LoL. :3

  9. #23089
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    NO

    *^*

    c

    I don't want WoW stuff on my LoL. :3
    Join me Majad, and we will make Taric the most fabulous man in Valoran.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  10. #23090
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Join me Majad, and we will make Taric the most fabulous man in Valoran.
    Can we make his shield a purse too????????!

  11. #23091
    Mechagnome Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Can we make his shield a purse too????????!
    i wish i thought of that

  12. #23092
    Rofl!

    Shopping Girl Taric

    Do want.

  13. #23093
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...be-update.html



    LMAO....that skin, holy shit!

    ...only if corki was remotely challenging to some of the other adcs =/

  14. #23094
    Is EUW down...??

    Wtf, Cass getting another skin? rofl

    Corki's okay, seems better than anything else he has available atm. Jarv's fucking horrible. and Xin finally has a decent one!

  15. #23095
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,243
    Dem new skins, they look so awesome.

    Gonna just be playing Jarvin and Xin.

  16. #23096
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,784
    I thought Pink Taric skin was a nod to T5 paladin armour. It what it says in Skins and trivia.

  17. #23097
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I thought Pink Taric skin was a nod to T5 paladin armour. It what it says in Skins and trivia.
    I thought "armor of the 5th age" was a dead giveaway. paladin tier 5? 5th age?

    holy fuq. I've been waiting months for lubu j4. MONTHS. his time has finally come.

  18. #23098
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,672
    Yes! The Lu Bu and Zhao Yun skins are here!

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  19. #23099
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,500
    Love Lubu J4. Probably the first J4 skin I buy. I've been on the fence on Commando for a while now, but Lubu is much better so I'll grab that. Might grab the Corki skin, but I like my UFO one too much.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  20. #23100
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Is EUW down...??

    EU West seems to be down indeed. *Sadface* I want to practice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •