10+ Year Old Account
    afaik ss is short for "missing" it means their lane opponent has vanished and is more than likely about to pop up somewhere and rape someone.

Also... I cannot play Jax... don't know why, but whenever I try I just fail HARD, it's really quite sad.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    Hi , What dose ss mean? ( new to LoL )
    stay safe, like your opponent is missing from your lane.

If people ask you to call ss / or yell at you for not doing it, they want you to type ss when your lane opponent is not in view, or walked off.

You don't have to do it, I tend to, just to minimize drama and I usually ping as well if I know where they are going. You kind of get used to being other peoples eyes as support xD

Although common derps are:

You kill your opponant in your lane, this is announced globally, when they respawn they gank another lane. You get squarked at because they don't ward their lane and didn't call SS after a global kill announcement.

You call it, and even ping. The other lane is asleep. They die and blame you anyway.

Jungler kills someone: OMG why no SS!!!11 (you can't call ss on someone not in a lane really)

Also... I cannot play Jax... don't know why, but whenever I try I just fail HARD, it's really quite sad.
    I'm only a passable top laner, but for some reason I find him really easy to play and kill on, i guess sometimes you just don't get a feel for something, and then it's hard to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You kill your opponant in your lane, this is announced globally, when they respawn they gank another lane. You get squarked at because they don't ward their lane and didn't call SS after a global kill announcement.
    This happens sooooooooooo often to me.
    "omg why no mia?" Didn't you see I just killed the guy? "well he left his lane just now to gank me, why didn't you call it when he came back?" probably because he never came back to lane. "Then why didn't you tell me he was coming to my lane?".

Deleted
    calling 'ss' is for people with no map awareness, there's no difference in looking down the right corner or left corner of your screen, you'll just get much more info by looking at your map instead of the chat. ward your lane and look at the map regularly, I'm not gonna stop up and type ss because you cant be bothered looking at your map. besides, if you get ganked by another laner, calling ss wouldnt of made a difference, it only exists for people to blame others

Who is looking forward to this in bot lane soon...

KREEEEEIIII

<.<

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL...omfg the spam
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    LOL...omfg the spam
    Remember to keep every single post related to League now... or else!

Am I doing this properly?

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post

Who is looking forward to this in bot lane soon...

KREEEEEIIII

<.<
    Oh my days... Here's a reason for me to ban out this champ DD::::

Why is there a 'LoL chat thread' now, and why aren't we allowed to 'chat' about LoL in a THE LoL thread?

ENLIGHTEN ME

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Why is there a 'LoL chat thread' now, and why aren't we allowed to 'chat' about LoL in a THE LoL thread?

ENLIGHTEN ME
    Apparently people have been complaining to the mods that this thread is too much chat/banter and off topic (or maybe the mods themselves think so). So now we should start discussing and posting things with actual content here (I know, right?) and keep the off-topic and chatting to the chat thread.

Deleted

ENLIGHTEN ME
    Read the last few pages.

ENLIGHTEN ME
    See the last few pages(the ones where our friendly neighbourhood supermod visited). Basically people were spamming too much completely offtopic stuff, so a thread was created for that stuff so this one could be more... focused.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So what's the point of this thread now? Half of the actual 'serious chat' is done in special new threads to discuss these things, and occasionally they pop up in this thread. It should be the other way around honestly.

If people actually want to be heard and responded to, they should make a new thread which specifically indicates what they want to know, because chances are that if they post their questions here while there's already a conversation going, they will be ignored and get annoyed that they were.

This is a fucking chat thread. Why don't they just move this to the 'Chat Zone' if it bothers people so much? Damn you OCD.

Some way to kill off a thing that's been going on for 1332 pages.

Deleted
    So what's the point of this thread now? Half of the actual 'serious chat' is done in special new threads to discuss these things, and occasionally they pop up in this thread. It should be the other way around honestly.

If people actually want to be heard and responded to, they should make a new thread which specifically indicates what they want to know, because chances are that if they post their questions here while there's already a conversation going, they will be ignored and get annoyed that they were.

This is a fucking chat thread. Why don't they just move this to the 'Chat Zone' if it bothers people so much? Damn you OCD.

Some way to kill off a thing that's been going on for 1332 pages.
    I really don´t know. Not like there is actual any lack of LoL discussion in this thread. People actually discuss things in this thread quite a lot and most people do get their questions answered in this thread. It´s just that we have the regular LoL discussion AND off topic stuff+ chatting. I actually liked it the way it was since this is pretty much the only part of the forum I visit anyways.

The thread was becoming a pretty boring to read in places chat thread for dominated by a few people bantering sometimes for pages about nothing in my opinion though.

This isn't an opinion I have expressed to a moderator, or to anyone before or since though, as getting involved in forum dramas isn't my scene.

Just my opinion as an occasional poster rather though. I neither either agree nor disagree with the action as it doesn't affect me, I just skip all that dialogue :<

Deleted
    Thing is though, no one really got ignored here whenever they had a question/discussion about LoL, so I don't really get the point of their whining.

I don't see the point of this thread when there's a chat thread another place, we'll just move the small League announcements and such to there aswell as the chat, since everyone loved the duality of the thread. I can't be the only one getting annoyed at having to switch between 2 threads constantly when what we had for 1300 pages worked perfectly fine.

The only one's getting yelled at were Firebert, Pendragon (Not even in this thread, but in the 10s threads he made about how he was stuck in Elo hell and quite frankly, after trying to help the guy out for a ton of posts everyone simply got tired of him). JimPaladin isn't even worth mentioning here; he's a known troll and everyone simply laughed at him as you can see people counting the days he'll stay unbanned... Firebert got yelled at for the same reason Pendragon got yelled at, people got tired of trying to explain basic things to him; he refused to listen to clearly more experienced players and kept sticking to his flawed reasoning (yes, all of his points were proven to be flawed); I can agree no one should've flamed the guy instead we should've simply ignored him.

If you miss LoL discussions so dearly, why not add some yourself? I haven't seen any of you complainers post any League-related comments before, everyone here is more than happy to discuss and answer questions about League, but the only reason there's so much chat/banter is because no one posted LoL content; if all you're looking for in this thread is news about League, then you should seriously go to reignofgaming or s@20 since everything get's either copy/pasted or linked from one of those sites and then discussed here.

TLDR: Stop taking things so damned seriously and add some content yourselves if you're unhappy, no one's stopping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* Not going to pay attention to any other part of the forums anyway. This section is pretty much the only reason I still come here as even the Metal thread is starting to die.

That said, I do agree sometimes it was starting to become a bit much. Page upon page of people spamming cutesy japanese is just stupid. Add some content at least. If you want to confess your undying manly love for someone, take it to PMs, we don't need the sappy stuff in here.

Thing is that people stopped adding *some* content and went with empty banter instead. So far we've been fine long as we stay remotely on topic. Just keep it that way.

Deleted
    Hey, I got a question. I am having a pretty hard time jungling. I am asking if it's even possible to jungle properly (without spending all your gold on pots) while only being lvl 11 (maybe I am 1 or 2 lvls off) with no glyphs and very few masteries and no help from team mates? Lvl as in account lvl of course.

So far I've tried jungling with Tryndamere, Kha'zix, Vi and Xin Zhao. It just seems like a much better alternative to just go two double lanes and 1 person alone at mid. Does it change at one point where people start assigning themself for certain roles, (when you get glyphs and masteries) or is it only in ranked?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Hey, I got a question. I am having a pretty hard time jungling. I am asking if it's even possible to jungle properly (without spending all your gold on pots) while only being lvl 11 (maybe I am 1 or 2 lvls off) with no glyphs and very few masteries and no help from team mates? Lvl as in account lvl of course.

So far I've tried jungling with Tryndamere, Kha'zix, Vi and Xin Zhao. It just seems like a much better alternative to just go two double lanes and 1 person alone at mid. Does it change at one point where people start assigning themself for certain roles, (when you get glyphs and masteries) or is it only in ranked?
    From personal experience I'd say it's better to go 2 top 2 bot 1 mid before lvl 20 (when you can buy tier 3 runes) as it's a lot harder to jungle before you get proper runes. It can be done, of course, but I'd say taking the easier path and going 2 top is better until you gain a few levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post

You picked some of the worst possible champions to jungle with without runes/masteries. Tryndamere nearly keels over already at level 30.

There's precious few champions I'd suggest you jungle with this early and even then it's probably harsh as your clear time will be significantly slower.

If you do want to try, in order of ease:
    1) Warwick
    2) Nunu
    3) Cho'gath
    4) Trundle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    *shrug* Not going to pay attention to any other part of the forums anyway. This section is pretty much the only reason I still come here as even the Metal thread is starting to die.

That said, I do agree sometimes it was starting to become a bit much. Page upon page of people spamming cutesy japanese is just stupid. Add some content at least. If you want to confess your undying manly love for someone, take it to PMs, we don't need the sappy stuff in here.

Thing is that people stopped adding *some* content and went with empty banter instead. So far we've been fine long as we stay remotely on topic. Just keep it that way.
    I still saw Thalli adding news, I stiill saw(see) people coming with questions on builds, champ matchups and so on. Everything was still getting answered properly. I'd rather have pointless/entertaining cutesy banter than nothing, it's amusing reading through all that.