10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    System knows shit If i win, give me fucking points, and if i lose, i should lose points close to what i win. Ofcourse im gonna end up in a lower bracket when the game takes away 300% more points than it give for a win.

But while were at it, why cant the game make me lose only 4 points (or nothing at all) when we're 4v5 for 70 % of the game, and our adc intentionally feeds? I dont like going down to silver 3 because i lost several games in a row thanks to leavers or people who couldn't connect.
    Eh it happens. Though it is actually more likely that the other team will have a dc / feeder if you are a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    System knows shit If i win, give me fucking points, and if i lose, i should lose points close to what i win. Ofcourse im gonna end up in a lower bracket when the game takes away 300% more points than it give for a win.

But while were at it, why cant the game make me lose only 4 points (or nothing at all) when we're 4v5 for 70 % of the game, and our adc intentionally feeds? I dont like going down to silver 3 because i lost several games in a row thanks to leavers or people who couldn't connect.
    Point gain is based off hidden ELO. You have to "prove" your capable of playing at the ELO you should have to get that ranking, so the point gain is lowered. Point loss doesn't change as far as I know. You lose that many whether you ELO is higher, lower, or equal to the tier your in.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Point gain is based off hidden ELO. You have to "prove" your capable of playing at the ELO you should have to get that ranking, so the point gain is lowered. Point loss doesn't change as far as I know. You lose that many whether you ELO is higher, lower, or equal to the tier your in.
    Well, if he gets 4 points for a win, and lose ~18 for a loss, then i doubt thats a tier anyone could be in. He'd have to win 4 out of 5 games to "prove" he belongs there, Who the fuck does that? Voyboy is in challenger tier and he doesn't win THAT much.

I get the whole idea of "proving yourself" by getting less points for a win than you lose for a loss, but doing it THIS way is just a major cockblock that makes you go down in elo unless you're on one of those occasional win streaks that last for like 5 or 10 games.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Eh it happens. Though it is actually more likely that the other team will have a dc / feeder if you are a good player.
    True in theory, but theory is just that, a theory. Statisticly this should be true, but it just havent been so far. I've had 10 or so disconnect and never return (resulting in a loss except for one time) from my last 100 games, while the enemy only had 5 or 6. Ofcourse this is a way to small sample pool to iron out any statistic anomalities, but i've still gotten fucked thanks to a flawed system not reducing the LP i lose for some twat with shitty internet connection, or riots own game that simply crashes alot lately.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-03-06 at 01:00 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if he gets 4 points for a win, and lose ~18 for a loss, then i doubt thats a tier anyone could be in. He'd have to win 4 out of 5 games to "prove" he belongs there, Who the fuck does that? Voyboy is in challenger tier and he doesn't win THAT much.

I get the whole idea of "proving yourself" by getting less points for a win than you lose for a loss, but doing it THIS way is just a major cockblock that makes you go down in elo unless you're on one of those occasional win streaks that last for like 5 or 10 games.
    Well look at it this way. Your Silver 1, but your ELO better matches someone who is Silver 4 or 5. Should you be awarded Gold as easily as someone whose ELO is Silver 1 or Gold 5? Of course not, since your games will be matched against weaker players so it would be easier to go up the ladder by simply tanking your hidden ELO every time you go up a tier (since you can't be demoted anymore) and start winning against the noobs.

Well look at it this way. Your Silver 1, but your ELO better matches someone who is Silver 4 or 5. Should you be awarded Gold as easily as someone whose ELO is Silver 1 or Gold 5? Of course not, since your games will be matched against weaker players so it would be easier to go up the ladder by simply tanking your hidden ELO every time you go up a tier (since you can't be demoted anymore) and start winning against the noobs.
    True, but the part i dont understand is, why am i even in silver 1 if my hidden elo says silver 4? If im in silver 1, thats because the game put me there, and if it doesn't think i belong there, why even place me there?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but the part i dont understand is, why am i even in silver 1 if my hidden elo says silver 4? If im in silver 1, thats because the game put me there, and if it doesn't think i belong there, why even place me there?
    You did too well in your placement matches? And then after that you played worse, idk.

I'm not really sure how the system that Riot put in for s3 works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the system isn't perfect, mostly due to the fact that you cannot be demoted between tiers, only divisions. The point fixing only really happens when going from up tiers. In rare cases it happens between divisions, but you need to have a really low MMR for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    You did too well in your placement matches? And then after that you played worse, idk.

I'm not really sure how the system that Riot put in for s3 works.
    Well all i want is for riot to do something about losing LP when a teammate DC's and never comes back. They should put some sort of timer on it before it would grant the reduction in LP lost so people wouldn't just leave just before nexus died so their teammates would lose less, but whatever. Right now, im just sick and tired of getting kicked lower and lower down the ladders because of leaves, disconnects, 0/7/0 mid gangplanks dc'ing after 20 minutes, etc etc

Deleted
    When you're in X 1 ladder, you'll start to gain less points as you close in on 100 LP.

atm I'm at Gold 1, when I'm at 80~ LP, I'll gain 10-15 (more if I'm around 60-70 LP), when I'm above 90 LP, I'll gain 2, 4 or 5. I'll always lose 15~ LP no matter where I am though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no spot in silver 4. Or you did too well in these-10-games-you-play-before-getting-rank and now you have to keep up with your success
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Is not the good people who got 20 ranked played the problem, is the people who think that ghost and flash is good on AD.
    *waiting for example of a good use of ghost on AD*
    Genja runs it occasionally on his Kog'maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a little bit late on the announcing, but Razer has released several League-branded products. They also come with a code to unlock Tryndamere with his King skin. Kinda meh to be honest, as Logitech did a similar promotion a while ago that was bundled with a Shyvana + Darkflame skin code. And add that to all the horror stories about Razer products breaking easily...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-03-06 at 06:48 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The only product I really like from Razer is their naga mouse. I bought a keyboard from them and I didn't even use it for a week because it came with problems so I decided to just stick to the mouse, which has been solid for years now surprisingly.

MMO players have a weakness for a mouse like the naga, we cant resist it. Also the skin/champion unlock has got to be one of the weakest I've ever seen.

Annnnnd another game where I tried so hard to win gone because of the reconnect issues. Stuck in place seeing the message while I can see what all of the other champions are doing and forced to close LoL. Try to log in and it doesn't allow me to connect, sure enough the LoL forums are currently on fire.
    The sad thing about that is, aside from the very-similarly designed Logitech G600, Razer is the only company that makes mice designed for the MMO player.

Reddit also appears to be on fire too with the complaints of NA going down. It is also quite tempting to make a joke about how Valve handles this shit better, but I won't go further with it.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-03-06 at 07:11 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Well the system isn't perfect, mostly due to the fact that you cannot be demoted between tiers, only divisions. The point fixing only really happens when going from up tiers. In rare cases it happens between divisions, but you need to have a really low MMR for that to happen.

What is a tier?

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    What is a tier?
    The tiers are: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and lastly Challenger.

Each tier is divided into 5 divisions each. The 5th division being the lowest and the 1st being the highest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    The tiers are: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and lastly Challenger.

Each tier is divided into 5 divisions each. The 5th division being the lowest and the 1st being the highest.
    Oh i thought that was called "Leagues"

Here's how the League system is:

Tier: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Platinum and so on.
    Division: I, II, III, IV, V. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)
    League: <champion>'s <thing>. For example, I am in Caitlyn's Sapphires, while someone else could be in Evelynn's Killers or something.

The reason you have those leagues is because you could not possibly fit every single player in a division into one league.

Deleted
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

How much of a skill difference is there between devisions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The sad thing about that is, aside from the very-similarly designed Logitech G600, Razer is the only company that makes mice designed for the MMO player.

Reddit also appears to be on fire too with the complaints of NA going down. It is also quite tempting to make a joke about how Valve handles this shit better, but I won't go further with it.
    Been using a Razer for ages. It's the best mouse I've used.

Re: Trynd/Xerath

A friend of mine had that happen. The Tryndamere was level 3 by the time he was still level 1... That was not a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Been using a Razer for ages. It's the best mouse I've used.

Re: Trynd/Xerath

A friend of mine had that happen. The Tryndamere was level 3 by the time he was still level 1... That was not a fun game.
    Did Trynd just kill all his Qs?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU