10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I've played like 10 Dominion games so far, and I have to say playing Summoner's Rift un-ranked, on a sub lvl 30 account, without a support and jungler is so much less fun than playing Dominion.

Here's my list of Pros and Cons regarding playing Dominion.

Pros:
    - Gold income at a faster pace.
    - Far more pvp action.
    - Not having to micro manage last hitting minions.
    - Objectives aren't designed around having full mastery points and best runes avialable.
    - You aren't streamlined into specific roles (which hardly ever happens anyway at the lvl I play at, which can easily ruin a game).
    - Snowballing doesn't happen the same way as in Summoner's rift.
    - Hardly any difference between a loss and a win except for the ending score.
    - Someone playing very badly/feeding doesn't affect your own game play as much.

Cons (the only things I could think of):
    - Probably less fun to play competetively.
    - Team fights are less crucial.
    - You rarely get a full build (because of the short game time).
    - Some items are different from Summoner's Rift (which is quite confusing to be honest).
    - Longer queue time

So my point is... Why isnt Dominion promoted much more between poor players? I've never seen anyone mention it before. The only reason why I stumbled upon it was because I was randomly checking the different features.

Do any of you play Dominion reguarly?
    It's because Riot doesn't seem to wish to support the map specifically, as they do most, if not all of the balancing based on SR. That's also why even though Twisted Treeline was revamped, it didn't really see much support afterwards, and that there's no Ranked Dominion queue yet.

The map design itself does lead to some champions being really overpowered and a pain to fight against, i.e. Kassadin, Kha'Zix, and Jayce.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

This CJF vs. Millenium match is pretty exciting. Friend asked me if I wanted to watch it and the fights are pretty sick.

Deleted
    I need a Teemo statue aswell.

To smash. Mwahahahaha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's because Riot doesn't seem to wish to support the map specifically, as they do most, if not all of the balancing based on SR. That's also why even though Twisted Treeline was revamped, it didn't really see much support afterwards, and that there's no Ranked Dominion queue yet.

The map design itself does lead to some champions being really overpowered and a pain to fight against, i.e. Kassadin, Kha'Zix, and Jayce.
    They can't balance it around SR, Domi, and TT. If they do, they'll end up like Blizzard and fail miserably not realizing that you cannot balance champions/heroes/classes for so many purposes at the same time. They've obviously chosen to balance champions around SR because it's the most successful map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3202183

The amazing things the LoL forum posters sometimes do really shocks me. Who knew that Tryndamere was so stylish?
    Lol.
    The lux one is pretty amazing

Deleted
    Nami's one the best, hands down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3202183

The amazing things the LoL forum posters sometimes do really shocks me. Who knew that Tryndamere was so stylish?
    Oh God.. that is awesome, yet so wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Yes I do, and while I think Majad focuses more on Proving Grounds atm, he also likes Dominion
    I missed his post. I'm going to reply to it as best as I can.
    --

Pros you're talking about, Funk:

- Objectives aren't designed around having full mastery points and best runes avialable.
    This isn't completely true. Objectives aren't designed around masteries and runes, yes but runes are very, very important in Dominion, probably more than in SR might I say. Atleast the MS quints, those are incredibly powerful and underestimated by a lot of players in Dominion.

Speed is the key to winning Dominion, many people overlook it. That's why people rage at a pro/very good Shaco in Dominion because he's going to every CP at all times with speed boots and you can't and won't be able to keep up unless you yourself have a Shaco or an Eve for example.
    - Snowballing doesn't happen the same way as in Summoner's rift.
    Snowball is practically non existent in Dominion, even more in PG. Though it's very possible to snowball in bot, especially if you're winning and the other team keeps switching, they won't be able to keep up because you got literally more farm, from minions, than they have because top is basically just to kill champions and get CPs(Control Points) and there's literally no farm in there. It's not as bad as SR, that's for sure.
    - Someone playing very badly/feeding doesn't affect your own game play as much.
    Not entirely true.

Feeding is more forgiving in Dominion than SR or TT but not playing bad. Playing bad or just being a newbie(which is understandable) can and will affect your games in Dominion.

--

Cons you're talking about, Funk:
    - Probably less fun to play competetively.
    To be honest, I would consider it more rewarding than it currently is but that doesn't answer this.

Would it be more fun? Well, I have no idea but if there was a ranked Dominion, I'd probably play it all day instead of going PG(assuming it has no ranked, otherwise PG ftw!).

Fun is kinda subjective and everyone has their own interpretation and that's something Riot can't define for everyone. Only way to know that is when they release it/experiment it on PBE.
    - Team fights are less crucial.
    Crucial as in less important? Well, yes since Dominion is ruled by assassins and bruisers, it really depends on what set up team you have to be honest. If you have atleast one ad carry or an ap carry that can't really solo things by his/her own, team fights are crucial and you don't want to do 1v1 or 1v2, unless you're Katarina(among other champions).
    - You rarely get a full build (because of the short game time).
    Again, not entirely true.

Dominion also has a hidden ELo thing like SR does/did(?). I think I'm at almost 2k in there, no idea tbh, haven't played in there for a while, I'm a PG whore as of the moment.

Though I can say that the players I played with, all games lasted between 20 minutes to 30 minutes and having 5 items was usually possible, 6 items for sure in 23 minutes if you're fed, assuming you went bot.

You just rarely go full items simply because Dominion has a lot more noobs playing, than in SR, and there's a big skill difference between some players, and good players in Dominion will win games in less than 20 minutes for sure, if not less than 15 minutes, in which case, yes going even 4 items will probably never happen.
    - Some items are different from Summoner's Rift (which is quite confusing to be honest).
    This isn't a bad thing.

Tell me, would you rather have BT instead of SB(Sanguine Blade) instead in Dominion? Fuck no you wouldn't. There's almost no farm in Dominion, there's no way to farm and to KEEP that farm on your BT. It's fundamental that some items aren't the same as SR, SB being a good example.
    So my point is... Why isnt Dominion promoted much more between poor players? I've never seen anyone mention it before. The only reason why I stumbled upon it was because I was randomly checking the different features.
    Exactly because of that, poor players, players that don't care about it and just want to have fun and not stress themselves out.

Do you know that a lot of SR players just go to Dominion to relax and take a break from SR, ranked or not ranked? It happens a lot, I was one of them when I used to play SR and some ranked games. It's a good way to break some steam off since people do not take it in a serious way, atleast not in low elo games.

Obviously, if people don't care or just do it for fun and don't want to put effort into it, Riot won't be doing much to Dominion(or any other map might I add), not in a competitive way or a ranked system way atleast.

If they do, it's just to improve graphics, item balancing, as long as nothing doesn't interfere with SR game play, they can do it, but they aren't because hell, SR is the thing.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-03-08 at 07:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great post, Majad.

I play Dominion when I need a First Win of the Day quickly...or am tired of SR.

I do find it fun...especially bottom lane. My Cho'Gath brings all the boys to the yard.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, the sexy tryndamere splashes. Those are wonderful.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. Keep in mind I only managed to play 10 games in Dominion as of yet, and that my account is only lvl 18.

Regarding the team fight point. What I meant was that team fights happens far less in Dominion, so if your comp is a weak team fight comp, or if you as a player in general don't like to rely so much on your partners in having a great game, you can simply decide to avoid team fights altogether and it wont cause you to be at a disadvantage. This is especially the case because of the short ressurection timer and that all 5 objectives are rated equally.

As for the fact that some items differ in Dominion. Seen from my opinion I've just about learned the stats, names, icons and prices of the most standard items in SR. Having to learn additional items is a bit of an annoyance (but I understand your point why there should be a difference in items).

The main annoyance I have regarding not having full masteries and runes (actually I dont have any runes at all) in SR is the fact that I can't really jungle efficiently on some/most champions, and my last hitting/farming in lane could be improved by a lot by a simple stat increase for the first handful of levels. This means that the games at my level of play is slowed by up to 10 extra minutes before you get strong enough to tower dive solo/get dragon/tower kill/get all the cool items. Of course farming less efficiently have a big play in it.

Dominion is also a very great place to learn new champions. The sole reason I discovered Dominion was because I bought two new champions I wanted to play, and to avoid ruining other's games in SR I decided to play against bots instead (and therefore realised that there were other things than just SR PvP).

@Thallidomaniac So you're saying that Kassadin is a strong champion in Dominion? I've always wanted to try that champion after watching it being played in LCS (not that I expect to play anywhere near how the pros play him). Is he worth buying?

Deleted
    The official forums sure have some gems every now and then.

And how do you play Dominion in a traditional/meta sense anyway? Figuring summoner spells, team composition, lane spread and whatnot. I've tried it a few times and it was quite enjoyable, though it was worrying being clueless at the same time with no one else willing to help or being equally clueless. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    The official forums sure have some gems every now and then.

And how do you play Dominion in a traditional/meta sense anyway? Figuring summoner spells, team composition, lane spread and whatnot. I've tried it a few times and it was quite enjoyable, though it was worrying being clueless at the same time with no one else willing to help or being equally clueless. :x
    I haven't played Dom for a while now but I guess it's still 4 top, 1 bot. Summoner spells depend on what you are doing (running around on a fast but fragile champ benefits more from a defensive summoner while a duelist might want something more offensive) but Revive is quite popular.

Team compositions changed a lot since I've played the last time but usually duel/assasin champions are quite popular. Whatever you pick you should be either good at defending a point, capping (=fast movement) or at duelling. Abilities which interact/bypass a wall are a bonus.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. Keep in mind I only managed to play 10 games in Dominion as of yet, and that my account is only lvl 18.
    Completely understandable. We are here to discuss and improve ourselves everyday.
    Regarding the team fight point. What I meant was that team fights happens far less in Dominion, so if your comp is a weak team fight comp, or if you as a player in general don't like to rely so much on your partners in having a great game, you can simply decide to avoid team fights altogether and it wont cause you to be at a disadvantage. This is especially the case because of the short ressurection timer and that all 5 objectives are rated equally.
    Completely true. Dominion isn't reliable on team fights as SR is and some times, it's best to actually avoid any team fights at all, especially if the enemy has a team comp in which it's impossible for you to deal with as a team, which is impossible to do in SR and the enemy will actually make it impossible not to have team fights.
    As for the fact that some items differ in Dominion. Seen from my opinion I've just about learned the stats, names, icons and prices of the most standard items in SR. Having to learn additional items is a bit of an annoyance (but I understand your point why there should be a difference in items).
    Understandable. We all were in there, I was. Only items that I still need to familiarlize with are the new ones, rest I know, if I don't, using the wiki can and will be helpful at times.
    The main annoyance I have regarding not having full masteries and runes (actually I dont have any runes at all) in SR is the fact that I can't really jungle efficiently on some/most champions, and my last hitting/farming in lane could be improved by a lot by a simple stat increase for the first handful of levels. This means that the games at my level of play is slowed by up to 10 extra minutes before you get strong enough to tower dive solo/get dragon/tower kill/get all the cool items. Of course farming less efficiently have a big play in it.
    You don't? No worries, you will in due time. Don't buy any runes until you're level 20 and buy only the ones from tier 3, the others are shit from experience, though I believe some of the tier 1 aren't bad since they are very cheap, I'm not certain about it because I haven't tried.

As for last hitting, well, yes, runes do help, especially if you're an AD based champion such as Vayne or Jayce for example, but they aren't fundamental to last hit. Last hitting is something you need to learn for yourself, runes do help yes but the amount of help they give is, well, not as big as one might consider. You just need to train and you'll get better with time, no need to rush because you won't be able to last hit properly and efficiently in one week or maybe in a month.
    Dominion is also a very great place to learn new champions. The sole reason I discovered Dominion was because I bought two new champions I wanted to play, and to avoid ruining other's games in SR I decided to play against bots instead (and therefore realised that there were other things than just SR PvP).
    Yes it is. Dominion, as with bots games, is a great place to learn how to play a certain champion you want to learn, to experiment runes, set ups, masteries and different builds. Ignore all the ragers telling you that you suck and so on, this applies to any maps/games you play. You don't want to be a toxic player.

Doing these things in Dominion or PG(Proving Grounds) is more profitable than doing them in SR I believe, simply because the games last less than 25 minutes, most of them do atleast, farming isn't something you need to worry about and it's basically a map that you require skills and need to know how to play champion X or Y to play well, SR does this too but I'd say it's faster in maps that last less time and can get you atleast 4 items in a fast way.
    @Thallidomaniac So you're saying that Kassadin is a strong champion in Dominion? I've always wanted to try that champion after watching it being played in LCS (not that I expect to play anywhere near how the pros play him). Is he worth buying?
    He is a very strong champion overall, more in Dominion because of his ulti. If you didn't know, his ulti is like a teleport in which he can use from 10 to 10 seconds(I don't know the cd timer...) and there's a lot of walls in Dominion, like in TT(Twisted Treeline), so running away with him is fairly easy, it's a good map for him, but he's not easy to play with!

Yes, he's worth buying if you're into ap assassins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    The meta in Dominion now is going with Revive, get the talent from masteries on the Support zone to get hp when you use Revive, plus ignite/exhaust/shield/flash(is rather meh, imo), some people like to take ghost but I think it's worthless because the cd on it is rather high and it's just meh tbh.

As for team comps, champions; well, I don't really care, take whatever you want, even Nasus(... <-<), though the meta around Dominion is usually bruisers, as always been bruisers as far as I can remember, assassins, especially if you go bot, APs with high burst or good sustain(Akali, Kat, Kass, etc), high mobility(like Vayne's Q or Kat's Shunpo) and basically any champion that runs like a motherfucker(Shaco, Eve) but those that run fast or move fast, with no help of items, aren't very popular but still good choices, especially if you're good with them(Shaco and Eve for example).

As for builds, it's pretty much the same as SR but getting boot speed upgrades is usually something you should do after your second item or so, though 15+ MS isn't that fundamental, depends on what champion you have really; situational.

Dominion can sometimes be confusing because if you control a lot of CPs or just three or more, people can't be still and wait to win the game, they want fights, so some teams actually lose because they don't defend their CPs at all when the enemy is going to attack or is going roaming(Shaco is good for this and so is Eve).

Basically, get CPs and defend them, roam a little bit but not to much, keep the pressure in the entire map, you'll win. Remember that ganking bot is very beneficial, even if you don't get the CP, assuming no one dies in your team.

Sorry, there's no TL;DR for this kind of stuff. :0
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I haven't played Dom for a while now but I guess it's still 4 top, 1 bot.
    Yes, I forgot to mention this. Almost every game is 4 top and 1 bot, with some ganks at bot. Though it's possible that, in some games, it can turn 2 bot and three bot, simply because bot is being constantly ganked so it shifts to a 2v2 in bot, sometimes.

You guys make me type so much!

Deleted
    In my opinion, 2 Bruisers, one AD and two AP carry should be fine, send one carry (either AP or AD, whatever champion needs the most expensive items) bot and the rest top, obviously bruisers should protect the carries.

It's usually 3 ppl that rush the northern most tower and one that takes the mid one and then goes straight top. What I experienced so far is that top is mostly teamfights while bot is a farm fest and you just try to harrass the opponent as much as possible try to push the lane as hard as possible to neutralize the bottom tower of the enemy.

For summoner spells, most people tend to use ghost instead of flash as it gives you much more mobility and can save tower if you need to rush in for defence, the second summoner usually is something like barrier or in rarer cases ignite.

Deleted
    Besides for the typical assasin/bruiser, I've somehow had a lot of succes playing Singed in Dominion too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    In my opinion, 2 Bruisers, one AD and two AP carry should be fine, send one carry (either AP or AD, whatever champion needs the most expensive items) bot and the rest top, obviously bruisers should protect the carries.
    Certain team compositions aren't as important as they are in SR, meaning that it doesn't matter if you bring 5 ap or 5 ad champions(assuming people don't get thornmai. FUCK thornmail).

Obviously, if it's 5 ad carries in one team, it's going to be obviously hard, not impossible though...

As for bot, it doesn't matter. Anyone can go bot and do well, anyone, even more so if you know how to play the champion you're going bot with. No builds are more expensive than others, I mean, yes, some yes, but champions' builds are usually cost more less the same.

Forcing anyone to go bot is NEVER a good idea, ever.
    It's usually 3 ppl that rush the northern most tower and one that takes the mid one and then goes straight top. What I experienced so far is that top is mostly teamfights while bot is a farm fest and you just try to harrass the opponent as much as possible try to push the lane as hard as possible to neutralize the bottom tower of the enemy.
    Yes, people rush top to get the CP not to kill people. People need to remember that you're supposed to get the CP, if you can, get it, don't go chasing your enemy and not get the CP, most stupid thing ever that you could do.

Top doesn't have that many team fights, even 4v4 are usually rare, 2v2 and 3v3 are more common, so are 1v2 or 1v3 or 2v3.
    Besides for the typical assasin/bruiser, I've somehow had a lot of succes playing Singed in Dominion too.
    Singed is a good champion in Dominion, especially if you build him in a way for him to move pretty fast(ghost, boots + upgrade and so on).

People like to chase a lot in Domi so he's pretty good in there and his natural tankyness is good, and he does bring damage too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yes, people rush top to get the CP not to kill people. People need to remember that you're supposed to get the CP, if you can, get it, don't go chasing your enemy and not get the CP, most stupid thing ever that you could do.
    Yeah, and unfortunatly it happens in most games after the initial skirmish at the top CP (to cap it), the team that got the upper hand always tends to chase, and then running into the freshly respawned enemy team >_> At least it happens to me a lot (even though I go bot most of the time as no one really wants to).

But I guess you have a higher elo (if that exists in Dominion, which I guess it does), so some things may be a bit different from what I experienced.

Deleted
    But I guess you have a higher elo (if that exists in Dominion, which I guess it does), so some things may be a bit different from what I experienced.
    It happens to me a lot too. It's not just on low elo games in Domi.

Deleted
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but.
    New pages are out.
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...violation.html