1. #27301
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Hmm Quin just came out but the oldest 6.3k champion wasn't moves down 1 tier? Am I missing something here?
    At least on EUW, Leona was moved down to 4800 as soon as Quinn was made available. And she was the oldest 6300 IP Champion.

  2. #27302
    Herald of the Titans Zelgius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Land of Canaan
    Posts
    2,620
    The latest posts on here made me reminiscence about AD Malphite.
    Maramuna + Frozen Heart + Bloodthirster allready amounts to like 340 AD with W up. Add in the active toggle from Maramuna and there's enough burst to punch someone down in a few hits.
    Not like it's really viable, but who cares. The game is about having fun after all ^^
    ~ "I've got a special deal... a one way ticket to hell!" ~

  3. #27303
    Mechagnome alteam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In your mom's bed
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    At least on EUW, Leona was moved down to 4800 as soon as Quinn was made available. And she was the oldest 6300 IP Champion.
    oh right. Forgot to check in the box "View all champions". I was looking at the champs i don't yet have..

  4. #27304
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Anyone else having trouble on EUW?

    My clients acting slow as fuuuuuuuudgeee.

    Even in-game im lagging D:
    Last edited by Sivalion; 2013-03-02 at 08:53 PM.

  5. #27305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Anyone else having trouble on EUW?

    My clients acting slow as fuuuuuuuudgeee.

    Even in-game im lagging D:
    I will find out very soon!

  6. #27306
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Well let me know how it goes, I cant even login atm T_T

  7. #27307
    EUW has been working just fine for me all day today and yesterday(and before that as well)

  8. #27308
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So trying out Taric top and I got to say he is AMAZING against AD heavy teams. If you think your team can last to like 35 minutes then you can grab a tear as your first item for a muramana, otherwise I would say skip the whole thing if you think you need early game power.

    You'll get over 300 armor easily and adding up all my damage before resists I was at something like 500-600 damage with muramana active on auto attacks without counting gauntlet procs. So against a team that is AD heavy you're going to be able to just run in and either protect your ADC by attacking the divers or go for theirs because they cant take you on so they're forced to either have their team focus on you or having the ADC only be able to hit you as they try to kite. Either way its a good situation considering you're going to be the tankiest person on your team and you make it easier for your ADC.

    It's actually surprising how much damage Taric will get while still building tanky. However this is shutdown against AP heavy teams because you cant stack the armor/mana items without being blown up by AP damage and there aren't as many choices for MR/mana that fit Taric.
    What did you build im kind curious?

  9. #27309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Well let me know how it goes, I cant even login atm T_T
    Works fiiiine.

  10. #27310
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    What did you build im kind curious?
    Probably along the lines of Muramana, Frozen Heart, Iceborn Gauntlet, Wit's End for AS and MR, and Warmog's. Boots will probably either be Tabis or Mercs.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  11. #27311
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Works fiiiine.
    Yeahhhhhh

    I pulled out my brothers netcable and BAMMMMMMM

    Everything works perfectly fine now.

    I WONDER WHYYYYYYY

  12. #27312
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    What did you build im kind curious?
    End build not including boots would look something like Muramana/Wit's End/Icebourn Gauntlets/Frozenheart/Health item(most likely warmogs in a lot of cases), so exactly what Thallidomaniac said. This is assuming that the enemy team is something like 3 AD and 1 AP not counting the support. I feel like Taric's new passive and Muramana become so powerful that you need an attack speed item to make use of it, and Wit's end is the only real choice besides maybe a botrk which is more expensive. Nashor's Tooth would shoot you over the CDR cap and taric cant make use of crit items that well so it really narrows down the choices.

    As for what order to build things it's really up in the air and depends on the situation outside of getting your tear first. You could also go for a RoA after tear if you really think you can get away with it, but I think it takes too much gold and delays getting certain items too long. I would say go for a Sheen and then Glacial shroud if your dominating your lane, and if you aren't then go for a glacial shroud first. I wouldn't really play Taric against AP top because that just makes his free armor bonus and ability to rush armor items pointless. An early Wit's end isn't really that potent if you don't have your mana items to buff your passive up.

    Taric as a bruiser has a lot of build paths though, so I'm interested to see what becomes standard for it. I think Zekent at least will probably become interested in taric top considering it fits his style of picking underplayed things like Karma/AP Janna/Poppy. Taric definitely has damage while building tanky now though, so I think he at least has a spot as a fun pick.
    Last edited by Kilz; 2013-03-03 at 02:43 AM.

  13. #27313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    End build not including boots would look something like Muramana/Wit's End/Icebourn Gauntlets/Frozenheart/Health item(most likely warmogs in a lot of cases), so exactly what Thallidomaniac said. This is assuming that the enemy team is something like 3 AD and 1 AP not counting the support. I feel like Taric's new passive and Muramana become so powerful that you need an attack speed item to make use of it, and Wit's end is the only real choice besides maybe a botrk which is more expensive. Nashor's Tooth would shoot you over the CDR cap and taric cant make use of crit items that well so it really narrows down the choices.

    As for what order to build things it's really up in the air and depends on the situation outside of getting your tear first. You could also go for a RoA after tear if you really think you can get away with it, but I think it takes too much gold and delays getting certain items too long. I would say go for a Sheen and then Glacial shroud if your dominating your lane, and if you aren't then go for a glacial shroud first. I wouldn't really play Taric against AP top because that just makes his free armor bonus and ability to rush armor items pointless. An early Wit's end isn't really that potent if you don't have your mana items to buff your passive up.

    Taric as a bruiser has a lot of build paths though, so I'm interested to see what becomes standard for it. I think Zekent at least will probably become interested in taric top considering it fits his style of picking underplayed things like Karma/AP Janna/Poppy. Taric definitely has damage while building tanky now though, so I think he at least has a spot as a fun pick.

    I tried in draft And people thought i was a troll And they would get me reported And was going to be the 1st time tryng do i just gave up, in normAls are more likely

  14. #27314
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I tried in draft And people thought i was a troll And they would get me reported And was going to be the 1st time tryng do i just gave up, in normAls are more likely
    Do it in Bot games, or in a Custom game.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  15. #27315
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I tried in draft And people thought i was a troll And they would get me reported And was going to be the 1st time tryng do i just gave up, in normAls are more likely
    It's funny how at the level where pro players play at, nobody makes as much of a fuss about picks compared to everywhere else. TheOddOne currently playing jungle Taric in ranked and is currently 4/0/2. I have to make it perfectly clear that I'm going taric top multiple times and then after a couple dodges I'll get into a game. Some people didn't even know about the changes to Taric and thought I was going AP.
    Last edited by Kilz; 2013-03-03 at 03:05 AM.

  16. #27316
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's funny how at the level where pro players play at, nobody makes as much of a fuss about picks compared to everywhere else. TheOddOne currently playing jungle Taric in ranked and is currently 4/0/2. I have to make it perfectly clear that I'm going taric top multiple times and then after a couple dodges I'll get into a game. Some people didn't even know about the changes to Taric and thought I was going AP.
    The other sad thing about this is people make a big fuss out of these kinds of unconventional builds even in blind normals. (I'm not talking about actual troll builds such as AP Garen, of course.) People make it off as if someone wanting to play mana bruiser Taric like the above, or a less-used champion such as Fiora or Karma is suddenly considered to be a toxic player and a troll.

    On another note, is anyone having issues with logging on the official LoL website? Tried to login to it to do Tribunal cases, but the site says that the login part is down for some reason.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-03-03 at 03:31 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  17. #27317
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Do it in Bot games, or in a Custom game.
    I kind of hate when people say this. How exactly are you suppose to try something out in a bot or custom game? Normals are perfectly fine for testing out new builds, etc, so long as you do your best. The only way you can improve something is by playing it a lot and that means playing against people.

  18. #27318
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,980
    Apparently a game-breaking bug has been discovered that involves Tryndamere and Xerath.



    For those of you who want an explanation, if Tryndamere uses his E spin and spins into an enemy Xerath's Q particles when he's casting it, he'll get credit for getting CS. This sounds very similar to the supposed bugs with things such as Anivia's wall and Jarvan's ult, where the walls were supposedly re-skinned minions, thus leading to some unusual behavior such as Sejuani's Q being able to push the walls to the side.

    The question now is, which of the two champions will Riot have to disable until they fix this? On one hand, I was leaning more towards Trynd because his E has always had weird bugs with it, (i.e, supposedly, it can destroy Teemo mushrooms) but that would piss off the people that want to play AP Trynd (it still works, but requires keeping Fury up for the heal to actually be noticable), and low level/skill-bracket players where melee ADs such as him are common. On the other hand, aside from the recent surge in Xerath play due to several players using him in LCS, he seems to be the lesser played of the two, and disabling the less-played champion in these types of situations is the way Riot goes. One example being the bug where if Viktor and Annie were both in the same game, Annie would be unable to level or use her ult, so Riot disabled Viktor until the next patch because he had a lower % use rate.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-03-03 at 08:41 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  19. #27319
    Looks like it's going to turn into League of the Ruined King now. The problem with it before was that it was a big item that didn't give you any attack speed so it delayed buying attack speed and didn't scale with AD abilities. Now that it has attack speed and the cutlass is cheap to buy, it seems like everybody who can use it is rushing it. I suppose it's nice for Irelia to finally have an awesome item for her to make up for her old items getting nerfed, but I see a lot of ADCs getting it as a first item also.

    The active is amazing if you use it on a tank for a huge burst of health and movement speed, or can be used on anybody just for the 15% max health damage/slow. Even without the active you have a massive amount of life steal. It's pretty much Mandred's Blood Razor done right now. It even counters health stacking and forces tanks to build armor instead.

    May be too powerful though for its item cost. Wouldn't be the first time they made the mistake of making an item too good after changing it so not too surprising and if it turns out to be true they will eventually do something about it like they did with warmogs and black cleaver.
    Last edited by Kilz; 2013-03-03 at 10:05 AM.

  20. #27320
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,367
    Xerath is more likely to be banned than trynd, but I'm not sure, if they got off their asses and hotfix'd it, it would be fine, instead of doing annieVSviktor and taking 2 weeks.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •