Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I think the problem with Lux is that she can burst someone down in a few seconds just like LB while doing AoE damage, while LB can't do decent aoe damage and getting out with no damage while doing AoE.

Lux is pretty strong as she is, probably needs a nerf here and there, certainly not on her W, but I guess nerfing her AP ratios on her ulti and her E is what Riot is going to do. But I have no idea what Riot is doing these days so lol.
    Her damage is okay, imo, it's all based on skill shots so it works that when she hits them she is rewarded.

Her only problem is the fact that she has a 3000 range AoE nuke that has 700 base damage + 0.75 of AP UP EVERY 24 SECONDS that isn't okay. You can literally use it on creeps to farm and have it up whenever you need it. Ridiculous. And it's not like without it she's useless or anything (like with Karma without Mantra), considering her utility and range plus damage of all of her abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-04-02 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Difference is though that it requires you to hit with skillshots as Lux, and it requires you to be ahead as Lux in order to 100>0 someone buying MR/health
    It's not hard to hit your skillshots in a teamfight, also, positioning helps you a lot if you want to use your Q on a specific target, but of course, people aren't that good at positioning so I'm not surprised some people suck when they want to focus just one person in teamfights.

I know it does require you to be a head but not that far ahead. She has a lot of damage but also brings a lot of utility, like a lot. Her Q snares two targets, her W shields targets TWICE and her E is a pretty good slow with a large area in which it reveals the fog of war.

Lux is pretty OP, not OP as in nerf her a lot but OP to the point of being really, really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Her only problem is the fact that she has a 3000 range AoE nuke that has 700 base damage + 0.75 of AP UP EVERY 24 SECONDS that isn't okay.
    I know you're dramatizing her damage, on her ulti, but it's not that high on targets that build properly against an AP carry like Lux, and using the "but people don't build mr" isn't a good excuse, and if Riot nerfs her because people don't buy MR, well, fuck you Riot, real. I'm not saying you use that argument btw.

I agree that her ulti's cdr is probably way too low for what it can achieve, I too believe it should be nerfed like Riven's was, even though she can get 27 secs or something, with 40% CDR, just with 24% CDR her ulti's cd is pretty low as it is and should be nerfed to be around to 40 secs with about 24% CDR and 33 seconds, more less, with 24% CDR.

I agree that she does need an overall nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Karma pokes very easily in the lane - I do not know what Karma have you been playing, but her AA animation is very fast and responsive and she has as much early AD as any other AP mid, bar Orianna with her passive. Her Q also hits very easily - it's a fast projectile with a rather wide hitbox, plus you can just hit the minion behind which enemy champion is hiding. If you want to compare her poke to Ziggs then his Q is much easier to dodge and does not apply a slow - sure, you can throw it over the frontline, but hell if anyone is going to get hit at that range unless you threw it from the fog of war. This "weak" skillshot is in line with all other comparable abilities as far as damage goes, too.
    WRQ is easy to land in 1v1 and it's a 1v1 lane tool. You don't exactly need to try and play teamfights as if you were laning 1v1. For example, in the midst of a fight it actually is not that hard to throw RQ at the carry from the side while peeling your own with WE. Mantra E is also very strong for a teamfight, an AoE nuke, Shurelya and Locket in one - the shield is very sizeable too, 300+ on everyone and good 800+ on yourself when maxed. If the teamfight drags on, which could very well happen with how tanky everyone and everything is lately, you can easily throw a mantra twice - shielding everyone two times, or maybe using one for Q burst right at start and second to disengage/chase with E? Her kit is different from Zyra, do not compare just the numbers.
    She can support, sure - just like Lux, Morgana or Zyra. I still prefer her in the mid as she's up to par with other AP mids contrary to what you say. If you build her as semi-carry in bot you need to get yourself fed or you will leave your team with a wet noodle half-arsed second AP and lacking real support items.
    Well, usually the person who don't want to get hit by her Q will not hug a minion while hiding. I played against so many Karmas on mid and zoned them so hard in every game as Ziggs, they could not do ANYTHING to me, their W is easy to break, shield eats too much mana to defend against my poke and i could outdamage them even without dodging their skills.

The main utility from Karma in teamfight is her AoE shiled and haste boost, and you can have it even is she goes full support. I played her as a support and i had ~300 AP in the middle game from items like banner, ghost-scout thingy and had 40% CDR due to support talents and boots.
    And yet, if you pick a support from a Lux, Morgana or Zyra or Karma you miss one thing: all of them needs levels to get usefull as supports, while Karma needs only level 3.

And from my experience of me playing her on mid, i've got one thing, your enemy must make mistakes, like attacking you too early and get hits from ranged creeps at level 2-3. Diving into a tower at low level and getting R+W'd and so on. Outside of it Karma have very small chance to kill the enemy.

I don't want to tell that "omg all Karmas i met on mid are total newbz", it's just too hard to play her if you enemy knows what she is able to do. She can't deal damage to enemy hiding behinds creeps. Yes she can secure ganks by rooting while hasting herself with shield to get that root work. But from my experience, this didn't worked because it was too obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    It's not hard to hit your skillshots in a teamfight, also, positioning helps you a lot if you want to use your Q on a specific target, but of course, people aren't that good at positioning so I'm not surprised some people suck when they want to focus just one person in teamfights.

I know it does require you to be a head but not that far ahead. She has a lot of damage but also brings a lot of utility, like a lot. Her Q snares two targets, her W shields targets TWICE and her E is a pretty good slow with a large area in which it reveals the fog of war.

Lux is pretty OP, not OP as in nerf her a lot but OP to the point of being really, really good.
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, you try landing your skillshots on the important targets when facing experienced players, then we'll talk about it being easy.

She's just like Orianna in that regard, which means yes, she does indeed have to be far ahead in order to 100>0 someone, the only time she'll effectively do that is during mid-game when no one has high mr/health - this means she excells during mid-game, she falls off (ish) lategame when she cannot effectively and consistently 100>0 the squishy targets. This means good early game, excells mid game, and is decent/mediocre late-game. She's balanced very, very well. A lot of other champions excells really well mid-game; are they op too? Other champions excell late-game, early game. That's how they're balanced out.

Really, the only champions I'd think needs a nerf would be Zed and Kha'Zix, those champions are ridiculous throughout the entirety of the game and does not ever have a weak-point, now that's a problem. Maaaybe even a slight nerf to Volibear, he seems a bit too strong, to be completely honest. The early-game towerdives... meh.

Orianna has the ability to 100>0 someone in a combo aswell if fed just as hard as Lux, and has more consistent, reliable utility than Lux.

The thing you have to take into account is also the fact that she requires immense positioning in order not to get completely gimped or in order to hit your skillshots effectively on the proper targets. Everything is dodgable. This is compensated in her range, same as Orianna. Orianna just has a bit less range, but more utility at basically the same cooldowns.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-04-02 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    I know you're dramatizing her damage
    I wasn't exactly dramatizing, just stating the ratios. Also I'm not really saying that the damage is OP. I'm saying the damage with that CD and range is OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new PBE build is up. Ironically for the people that wanted Lux to get nerfs, she is, but she's only getting a base MS nerf. Buffs to Corki, Nunu, Morgana, Nami, Nautilus, Ancient Golem item. Nerfs to Akali, Elder Lizard item.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-04-02 at 01:12 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    A new PBE build is up. Ironically for the people that wanted Lux to get nerfs, she is, but she's only getting a base MS nerf. Buffs to Corki, Nunu, Morgana, Nautilus. Nerfs to Akali, Elder Lizard item.
    I can live with that nerf, and yay for some Nautiboy love.

Don't like the changes to Ancient Golem though ;.; oh well, we'll see how it turns out when it's final.

Deleted
    Elder Lizard seems more like a buff.

I like.

Deleted
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, you try landing your skillshots on the important targets when facing experienced players, then we'll talk about it being easy.
    Experienced players as in players that play in tournaments like those pros and shit or experienced players in diamond and so on? If it's the former, comparing their skill play to the majority of the LoL community, which isn't a bad community when it comes to skills from what I have experienced this far, isn't a good thing. If it's the latter, well, I'll be honest: I do not know how those players play Lux but I doubt it's impossible. I shall digress in there since I really have 0 experience.
    She's just like Orianna in that regard, which means yes, she does indeed have to be far ahead in order to 100>0 someone.
    Sorry but in my opinion Lux does a better job at killing just one target than Orianna currently does, a lot better. Oriana doesn't do it well but she has more utility than Lux I believe.
    the only time she'll effectively do that is during mid-game when no one has high mr/health - this means she excells during mid-game, she falls off (ish) lategame when she cannot effectively and consistently 100>0 the squishy targets. This means good early game, excells mid game, and is decent/mediocre late-game. She's balanced very, very well.
    Lux can easily one shot someone at level 6 with just two doran's along with ignite from my experience. I did that a long time ago but she hasn't been nerfed as far as I know so I doubt she can't do it anymore. For Orianna though, it's harder since I believe she's more item dependent than Lux.

And Lux doesn't fall off late game, she gets better actually.
    She's balanced very, very well. A lot of other champions excells really well mid-game; are they op too? Other champions excell late-game, early game. That's how they're balanced out.
    She's kinda balanced yes but you have no grounds to stop her from being nerfed. She is pretty strong as it is and if Riot does minor(keyword: minor) nerfs to her, they are most well deserved.

You can't really compare Lux to a champion that is only good in mid, early or late game. Lux excels pretty damn well in all the entire game, fed or not fed.
    and has more consistent, reliable utility than Lux.
    Yes she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I wasn't exactly dramatizing, just stating the ratios. Also I'm not really saying that the damage is OP. I'm saying the damage with that CD and range is OP.
    Nevermind. Lol. I saw the 3k and I thought you meant 3k damage and not 3k of range. Ignore what I said about dramatizing her damage Sorry for that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 02:26 AM ----------

To be quite honest with you, Sivalion, I don't even know if I should be discussing this or not, about Lux, since I don't even play SR anymore, my info could be wrong and such because SR is the thing and yeah well......
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-04-02 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, usually the person who don't want to get hit by her Q will not hug a minion while hiding. I played against so many Karmas on mid and zoned them so hard in every game as Ziggs, they could not do ANYTHING to me, their W is easy to break, shield eats too much mana to defend against my poke and i could outdamage them even without dodging their skills.
    That was just one example. Throw it around the creeps, after lasthitting one, at one hugged, when enemy comes closer to get a melee creep... There's a ton of ways to hit a collision skillshot in laning, especially when its' impact is AoE. I have not faced a Ziggs so can't talk about this particular match-up, but when I did not manage to outright win I could safely farm and keep up even when outplayed or ganked early. A rushed tear mostly takes care of mana issues allowing spamming both E and Q, and her entire kit is very powerful for escaping ganks and other hairy situations.

The main utility from Karma in teamfight is her AoE shiled and haste boost, and you can have it even is she goes full support. I played her as a support and i had ~300 AP in the middle game from items like banner, ghost-scout thingy and had 40% CDR due to support talents and boots.
    And yet, if you pick a support from a Lux, Morgana or Zyra or Karma you miss one thing: all of them needs levels to get usefull as supports, while Karma needs only level 3.
    300 AP midgame on a support? WIth actual support items? Oo 300 AP is roughly what an AP carry has with 2 major offensive items - in other words in midgame.

And from my experience of me playing her on mid, i've got one thing, your enemy must make mistakes, like attacking you too early and get hits from ranged creeps at level 2-3. Diving into a tower at low level and getting R+W'd and so on. Outside of it Karma have very small chance to kill the enemy.
    With a bit of prior harassment a lvl2 WRQIgnite is a kill, especially if you managed to get lvl2 first. Even if you do not kill it forces B. It is not hard to set up either, and if your enemy is especially cautious it works against him as well as he's getting zoned by the sole threat of getting caught in your combo. She has other options not requiring a stupid mistake from the enemy as well.
    I don't want to tell that "omg all Karmas i met on mid are total newbz", it's just too hard to play her if you enemy knows what she is able to do. She can't deal damage to enemy hiding behinds creeps. Yes she can secure ganks by rooting while hasting herself with shield to get that root work. But from my experience, this didn't worked because it was too obvious.
    It's impossible to perfectly hide behind the creeps in the lane, there always are ways to go around it. It's like saying "Lux can't do any damage to anyone because you can just dodge her skillshots" - obviously wrong. Of course her kit can be countered if you know what to expect, but that's the case for every single champion.

Deleted
    Nevermind. Lol. I saw the 3k and I thought you meant 3k damage and not 3k of range. Ignore what I said about dramatizing her damage Sorry for that.
    It's okay. I enjoyed reading this though, because it's exactly how I feel about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That was just one example. Throw it around the creeps, after lasthitting one, at one hugged, when enemy comes closer to get a melee creep... There's a ton of ways to hit a collision skillshot in laning, especially when its' impact is AoE. I have not faced a Ziggs so can't talk about this particular match-up, but when I did not manage to outright win I could safely farm and keep up even when outplayed or ganked early. A rushed tear mostly takes care of mana issues allowing spamming both E and Q, and her entire kit is very powerful for escaping ganks and other hairy situations.

300 AP midgame on a support? WIth actual support items? Oo 300 AP is roughly what an AP carry has with 2 major offensive items - in other words in midgame.

With a bit of prior harassment a lvl2 WRQIgnite is a kill, especially if you managed to get lvl2 first. Even if you do not kill it forces B. It is not hard to set up either, and if your enemy is especially cautious it works against him as well as he's getting zoned by the sole threat of getting caught in your combo. She has other options not requiring a stupid mistake from the enemy as well.
    It's impossible to perfectly hide behind the creeps in the lane, there always are ways to go around it. It's like saying "Lux can't do any damage to anyone because you can just dodge her skillshots" - obviously wrong. Of course her kit can be countered if you know what to expect, but that's the case for every single champion.
    On an items note: i had upgraded Tear, Banner, ghosty-thingy, WoTa and boots. Yet it was the only game where i could get so many AP items and i was able to almost 1 shot enemy AD Cait. Building Aegis is amumu job, not mine and as long as we que as 5 man stack, we all buy wards so there is no need in support running around the map like headless chicken warding all the place.
    Karmas Q blast range is not that big to do the trick, but if enemy tries to get a last hit on melee creep and he is approaching ranged creeps to do so, you can land it easily, but usually i don't do that, i just mirror her movements and try to be on other side of "creep wall", so i can land bombs on her head while she can't, and i've not seen any Karmas engaging me at low health after getting 3-4 bombs in a row. I've seen those who think that RW heal is enough to keep up pressure, but they failed and died because i broke link with charge-jump away.

I've seen Karmas who tried to zone me out, but i could outdamage them due to my passive and much shorter CD on Q.

But if you go around creep way, you will aggro all these creeps after landing a sing attack on enemy hero and he will be able to burst you down with their help.
    And chance to dodge skillshot (i hardly can call singularity a skillshot, it is too easy to land because of its speed) decreases if you get closer to enemy, so if you deal more damage than she do with 100% chance to land all skills, then you will be fine if she tries to zone you out, but if not, you need to hit her with something so he will be on low health and won't do such a tricky thing as zoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Experienced players as in players that play in tournaments like those pros and shit or experienced players in diamond and so on? If it's the former, comparing their skill play to the majority of the LoL community, which isn't a bad community when it comes to skills from what I have experienced this far, isn't a good thing. If it's the latter, well, I'll be honest: I do not know how those players play Lux but I doubt it's impossible. I shall digress in there since I really have 0 experience.
    I just mean experienced players in general. They'll have more awareness and better positioning making it that much harder for you to hit any of your skillshots without them being CC'd beforehand. It's easy to just say "lux can 100>0 ppl easy skillshots aren't hard to hit", but when discussing balance of champions can we atleast include the fact that the opponents has a brain and are capable of watching that one champion that has the potential to screw you over if you dont pay attention?

Sorry but in my opinion Lux does a better job at killing just one target than Orianna currently does, a lot better. Oriana doesn't do it well but she has more utility than Lux I believe.
    Orianna can easily 100>0 someone if fed as much as Lux needs to be in order to do that. Do remember that you have to utilize your passive in order to really killl someone as Lux in your combo; unless you're fed. But, what Orianna lacks in damage she makes up for in utility.

Lux can easily one shot someone at level 6 with just two doran's along with ignite from my experience. I did that a long time ago but she hasn't been nerfed as far as I know so I doubt she can't do it anymore. For Orianna though, it's harder since I believe she's more item dependent than Lux.
    She can easily combo someone because 1) they're building like a mong, 2) they allowed you to utilize your passive and hit every one of your abilities and/or 3) they let you consistently poke them down and then kill you. Honestly, if you did any of these or them all, then yes, you're going to die. Take any AP carry and you'll get the same results. Lux is problaly one of the most item dependant AP Carries there is, mate. If you get behind, you can kiss the ability to combo someone bye-bye until you catch up again. It's easier for Orianna because of her utility. She's strong regardless; being well-farmed and having lots of damage items is a bonus, but for Lux it's required in order to maximize her burst-potential, without items she can no longer burst anyone down. She'll be more of a utility carry like Zyra. With less damage.

And Lux doesn't fall off late game, she gets better actually.
    No, she does not. As the game progresses you lose your ability to combo-kill carries and other players. She excells in mid-game because no one has a lot of MR/Health and you'll have Deathcap+Athene's (if you've been farming well and aren't behind/ahead). If you're ahead, then yes, you'll be combo'ing people, if you're behind, then they're going to laugh at you.

She's kinda balanced yes but you have no grounds to stop her from being nerfed. She is pretty strong as it is and if Riot does minor(keyword: minor) nerfs to her, they are most well deserved.
    My grounds for her not deserving nerfs are simple: Her strenghts are inconsistent and relies on outplaying your opponents; her weaknesses relies on you being good at positioning (which is one of the most important aspects of the game) and knowing your damage-output. She is a very fragile champion, easy to kill if she fucks up, hard to kill if she knows what she's doing. She's being rewarded for play excellently, and she's being punished for making mistakes.

You can't really compare Lux to a champion that is only good in mid, early or late game. Lux excels pretty damn well in all the entire game, fed or not fed.
    As I said: Lux is good early-game; awesome mid-game and good late-game.

To be quite honest with you, Sivalion, I don't even know if I should be discussing this or not, about Lux, since I don't even play SR anymore, my info could be wrong and such because SR is the thing and yeah well....
    They're completely different games, I have no idea how Lux fares in Dominion, so yeah. I doubt she's any good since the map is small and everyone wants to get up-close and personal and are able to really quick do so, with all the speed-boosts and ways to get behind enemies being available. I could be wrong though
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-04-02 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    On an items note: i had upgraded Tear, Banner, ghosty-thingy, WoTa and boots. Yet it was the only game where i could get so many AP items and i was able to almost 1 shot enemy AD Cait. Building Aegis is amumu job, not mine and as long as we que as 5 man stack, we all buy wards so there is no need in support running around the map like headless chicken warding all the place.
    Over 10k worth of items on a support, not counting wards? If it was really midgame then it's exactly what I've been talking about - you got extremely fed. You don't get that kind of stuff normally until 40-50 minute at least, and that's when the game has been going very good.
    Karmas Q blast range is not that big to do the trick, but if enemy tries to get a last hit on melee creep and he is approaching ranged creeps to do so, you can land it easily, but usually i don't do that, i just mirror her movements and try to be on other side of "creep wall", so i can land bombs on her head while she can't, and i've not seen any Karmas engaging me at low health after getting 3-4 bombs in a row. I've seen those who think that RW heal is enough to keep up pressure, but they failed and died because i broke link with charge-jump away.

I've seen Karmas who tried to zone me out, but i could outdamage them due to my passive and much shorter CD on Q.
    This is all about outplaying and being outplayed, not about the champion's strength or weakness. There always are ways to outplay a champion. This and Ziggs just might be a good counter to new Karma. I wouldn't know, I don't play him nor do I see him often.
    But if you go around creep way, you will aggro all these creeps after landing a sing attack on enemy hero and he will be able to burst you down with their help.
    An ability hit does not agree the creeps and you don't even need to get into autoattack range to sling a Q around the minions.

Deleted
    Building Aegis is amumu job, not mine
    Sorry to nitpick in your discussion here, but this line just irks me. It's like saying "it's the supports job to ward" -- you build what the team needs; some of the time I tell my support to grab Aegis if it's better suited for him, depending on how the games going and compositions and so on. Hell, even having 2 Aegis' on your team can be awesome for extra tankyness if your team really lack tanks.

Deleted
    I just mean experienced players in general. They'll have more awareness and better positioning making it that much harder for you to hit any of your skillshots without them being CC'd beforehand. It's easy to just say "lux can 100>0 ppl easy skillshots aren't hard to hit", but when discussing balance of champions can we atleast include the fact that the opponents has a brain and are capable of watching that one champion that has the potential to screw you over if you dont pay attention?
    Even so, you could easily just camp in a bush and wait. Assuming your support has cleared the wards, or someone else, camping in a bush is a good way to nuke a single target since her spells have long range.

Again, it's situational, I know and I agree that hitting skill shots isn't easy regardless of experience and skill.
    Orianna can easily 100>0 someone if fed as much as Lux needs to be in order to do that. Do remember that you have to utilize your passive in order to really killl someone as Lux in your combo; unless you're fed. But, what Orianna lacks in damage she makes up for in utility.
    I know but I just find it easier to nuke someone from 100 to 0 with Lux than with Orianna, this is purely taken from my experience and I guess it depends for each person.

Same thing for Orianna, I don't know if Orianna has more damage overall than Lux in one burst or not, but I believe she doesn't. While Lux needs to use her passive to kill someone, when activating the passive, it really does a lot of damage compared to Orianna's passive and you can atleast activate it two times but you'll probably die if you try and use two passives on someone in a teamfight.

And yes, "what Orianna lacks in damage she makes up for in utility." is true and it applies better to her than Lux for sure, when sacrificing damage for utility.
    She can easily combo someone because 1) they're building like a mong, 2) they allowed you to utilize your passive and hit every one of your abilities and/or 3) they let you consistently poke them down and then kill you. Honestly, if you did any of these or them all, then yes, you're going to die. Take any AP carry and you'll get the same results. Lux is problaly one of the most item dependant AP Carries there is, mate. If you get behind, you can kiss the ability to combo someone bye-bye until you catch up again. It's easier for Orianna because of her utility. She's strong regardless; being well-farmed and having lots of damage items is a bonus, but for Lux it's required in order to maximize her burst-potential, without items she can no longer burst anyone down.
    1.As far as I know, people don't really buy a negatron right off the bat when going against Lux, I don't know tbh.

2. It's pretty easy to hit one of your abilities and go activate your passive, really, yes you'll probably get a lot of damage in return but if you even want to activate your passive it means you're being aggressive and the enemy would generally run away, unless the jungler is coming or the other is confident or just knows he/she can kill you faster.

3. Well, if both sides are experienced, none will let themselves get poked to death or just bait someone like that.

You don't usually get behind in games, and when you do it's because your farm is shit and you got no kills but in most games I believe you're usually not always behind and will be able to farm properly through out the game if you know how to. Also, this depends on how your team plays too, again; situational, imo.

And yes, it's easier for Orianna.
    She'll be more of a utility carry like Zyra. With less damage.)
    I don't believe this at all but I have no experience with Zyra, at all, so I don't know tbh. Still, I'll remain stubborn about it. :p
    No, she does not. As the game progresses you lose your ability to combo-kill carries and other players. She excells in mid-game because no one has a lot of MR/Health and you'll have Deathcap+Athene's (if you've been farming well and aren't behind/ahead). If you're ahead, then yes, you'll be combo'ing people, if you're behind, then they're going to laugh at you.
    Believe it or not, VoidStaff helps her a lot and with it you can indeed nuke people down in late game, even if they have around 130 MR.
    My grounds for her not deserving nerfs are simple: Her strenghts are inconsistent and relies on outplaying your opponents; her weaknesses relies on you being good at positioning (which is one of the most important aspects of the game) and knowing your damage-output. She is a very fragile champion, easy to kill if she fucks up, hard to kill if she knows what she's doing. She's being rewarded for play excellently, and she's being punished for making mistakes.
    Yeah, her strengths are inconsistent and she is a fragile champion. She won't be getting many nerfs - as you can see, Riot only nerfed her MS - simply because she's kinda of a niche pick, you either do good or you don't and you'll just suck with her afterwards, doesn't mean if she ever gets a nerf, it won't be justified.
    They're completely different games, I have no idea how Lux fares in Dominion, so yeah. I doubt she's any good since the map is small and everyone wants to get up-close and personal and are able to really quick do so, with all the speed-boosts and ways to get behind enemies being available. I could be wrong though
    I actually don't play much of Domi anymore and will stop after PG having its own matchmaking.

But she's fairly bad in there if you're noobish with her or just decent. That map is just awful for her but she's still strong if played correctly and with good teammates.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:28 AM ----------

Building Aegis is amumu job, not mine
    I saw Sivalion quote this and I must say something about this too but it's not SR related so lol, more like PG.

In PG it doesn't matter who builds Aegis or not. I have done several games, and continue to do so, with Lux, LB, hell any AP carry out there and a few bruisers, but not assassin's, where I build Aegis on them, along with Abyssal you become pretty much unstoppable, receiving very little damage and give your team very good stats.

It's especially good in PG since that map is basically AP champions only with good poke which means Aegis will come in handy a lot of times in there. It's just basically a good item in there overall if you want purely defensive stats.

Deleted
    I can live with that nerf, and yay for some Nautiboy love.

Don't like the changes to Ancient Golem though ;.; oh well, we'll see how it turns out when it's final.
    The Ancient Golem changes are a buff. 30 armour is pretty much nothing when you get a decent armount of armour from locket and/or aegis anyway. The cost reduction is big, knocking off 300 gold is a very important change when it's usually bought by tank support junglers who can't farm as effectively as others, or spend the majority of their time ganking.

This combined with the Naut buffs are a big improvement for him in particular. Before I didn't even bother upgrading my machete.

Oh, I should also add that FH is more or less core on Naut and Amumu, and by the time you have FH on top of bulwark you already have a massive amount of armour. You're not really going to miss 30 armour.
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2013-04-02 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    Even so, you could easily just camp in a bush and wait. Assuming your support has cleared the wards, or someone else, camping in a bush is a good way to nuke a single target since her spells have long range.

Again, it's situational, I know and I agree that hitting skill shots isn't easy regardless of experience and skill.
    Same can be said of any burst-champion waiting in a brush...

I know but I just find it easier to nuke someone from 100 to 0 with Lux than with Orianna, this is purely taken from my experience and I guess it depends for each person.
    Lux does have more up-front damage and burst than Orianna no doubt. But if equally fed, the target will die around the same time...ish...

Same thing for Orianna, I don't know if Orianna has more damage overall than Lux in one burst or not, but I believe she doesn't. While Lux needs to use her passive to kill someone, when activating the passive, it really does a lot of damage compared to Orianna's passive and you can atleast activate it two times but you'll probably die if you try and use two passives on someone in a teamfight.
    This is why I find Lux so great, you have to think "can I survive going in for the auto, or should I just wait for my cooldowns to come back up?".

1.As far as I know, people don't really buy a negatron right off the bat when going against Lux, I don't know tbh.
    It depends on your champion, but sometimes building a giant's belt will help if you're going to upgrade it later on anyway.

2. It's pretty easy to hit one of your abilities and go activate your passive, really, yes you'll probably get a lot of damage in return but if you even want to activate your passive it means you're being aggressive and the enemy would generally run away, unless the jungler is coming or the other is confident or just knows he/she can kill you faster.
    Yes, it's easy to hit E+AA during lane, but what this does is push your lane. And yes, you will take a beating back unless you play it very smart and outplay your opponent, it's like Pantheon mid. He jumps you.. and then what? Hit back, don't just run backwards like a dumbass. Fight back! Use your abilities! Make him pay for going aggressive on your ass! -- This is all skill-oriented and has nothing to do with how strong a champion is.

3. Well, if both sides are experienced, none will let themselves get poked to death or just bait someone like that.
    See above

You don't usually get behind in games, and when you do it's because your farm is shit and you got no kills but in most games I believe you're usually not always behind and will be able to farm properly through out the game if you know how to. Also, this depends on how your team plays too, again; situational, imo.
    You can get behind, by (/consistent)jungle ganks and/or getting (/consistently)outplayed by your lane opponent.

I don't believe this at all but I have no experience with Zyra, at all, so I don't know tbh. Still, I'll remain stubborn about it.
    I just don't think you've ever experienced general Lux games and only seen those where she's either equal or ahead, no offense.

Believe it or not, VoidStaff helps her a lot and with it you can indeed nuke people down in late game, even if they have around 130 MR.
    Ofcourse, but this is SR. Not PG. The amount of aura's you get from your teammates (locket, aegis) (not going to mention 'situational' buffs from champions here), and just general help from your team -- not to mention that alongside those 130 MR you'll have 2.8K~ health aswell, late-game.

I just think your vision of her is skewed because you play PG where she is ridiculously strong (alongside Nidalee) because there is no way to get behind her or even close to her without having to run straight through her abilities and her team. This is a map-problem though as she wasn't balanced or designed to be balanced around PG. It's like this Kha'Zix I had earlier; kept running through the enemy team trying to reach their carries and then wondering why he got blown up instantly every time.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-04-02 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Ofcourse, but this is SR. Not PG. The amount of aura's you get from your teammates (locket, aegis) (not going to mention 'situational' buffs from champions here), and just general help from your team -- not to mention that alongside those 130 MR you'll have 2.8K~ health aswell, late-game.

I just think your vision of her is skewed because you play PG where she is ridiculously strong (alongside Nidalee) because there is no way to get behind her or even close to her without having to run straight through her abilities and her team. This is a map-problem though as she wasn't balanced or designed to be balanced around PG. It's like this Kha'Zix I had earlier; kept running through the enemy team trying to reach their carries and then wondering why he got blown up instantly every time.
    And this is basically why I hate having discussions here about champions because everything is related to SR and there's no way I can have a decent discussion about it, or atleast one where my information might be valuable.

And yeah, just to add a final note, my vision is indeed probably pretty skewed since I don't play SR anymore, so I see no point anymore in discussing it further...

<-<

<->

>->