Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    You're looking at a pretty significant difference in terms of how severe the server issues are. Odd things happen with the NA servers plenty of times without IP compensation; they only give it it out when the length of downtime is very extensive, or when they believe they fixed the problem only to have thousands of people flood back in and have games crash. Twice.
    You don't realize how unstable the EU-W server is then. Friday was unplayable. I'm sure if it was weighed on a scale, EU-W problems would outscale NA by a margin of some sorts. There's always a "We are aware of x issue..." in the top left of the client (Might be slightly hyperbole) but you get the point.

I'm not denying that NA doesn't get problems, I don't think anyone here is. I don't get the argument of "NA company, NA server get's compensation!" when Riot has offices in Dublin, that is meant to monitor the EU side of the things. The problem people have is; Riot employees post so much more on NA, whereas EU has to wait days just for the nod that they are aware.

Basically, NA gets compensation more frequently for my knowledge, whereas EU players wonder why our Dublin office doesn't have the same measure of compensation. It's not a NA vs EU thing, and anyone trying to make it one is dumb as a rock. EU players just want more communication from OUR Riot representatives, and it wouldn't go amiss to admit the server is hella bad at the moment and acknowledge they need to either do more, or compensate people for waiting on their server.

The EU-W server currently to me seems to be like your fire alarm. You don't dare cook anything in case it has a hysterical breakdown. It's like living on the edge.

Deleted
    I dunno. Friday sucked during the early evening, but since then it has been going pretty swell for me without issues. Not that I mind improvements to the system and what not, but I doubt said petition thread has much constructive going on in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    I dunno. Friday sucked during the early evening, but since then it has been going pretty swell for me without issues. Not that I mind improvements to the system and what not, but I doubt said petition thread has much constructive going on in it.
    Sure it's been "ok" today, but, at least in my opinion, you shouldn't take server stability on a day-by-day basis. It should be the norm for a company like Riot. Patches causing problems I get, but random "whoops, games won't start for 4 hours, better turn the server off" is what confuses me.

ill agree with you on that brittany, i dont really know how extensive the problems really are on EU-W. On NA i do see error messages alot on the upper left since thresh came out really. But i do think there are alot of people posting on that forum making one issue look like another or making it worse, but thats alot of game support forums tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    ill agree with you on that brittany, i dont really know how extensive the problems really are on EU-W. On NA i do see error messages alot on the upper left since thresh came out really. But i do think there are alot of people posting on that forum making one issue look like another or making it worse, but thats alot of game support forums tbh.
    Oh yeah. There is a buttload of whiney turds on the EU-W forums/Reddit that always want something more. A lot of people, myself included, just want the same level of treatment/communication that NA gets. Whether that's viable from our office in Dublin, I dunno.

i think thats where the "its a US company" comes into play. its not that US is entitled to more because of it, but its just naturally more staff are available in US than are in EU (at least i think so), so its harder to communicate with less people. though considering the BETTER players are in EU, you would think they would send more people to do things up there.
    I dont think US deserves more, far from it, it might just be a technical thing and a sheer number of employee thing.

Deleted
    What runes do you guys usually use for mumu jungle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Red: AS, Armour or MPen (depending on whether you want slightly faster jungle, slightly more tank or more damage to ALL THE PEOPLEZ)
    Yellow: Armour, no contest
    Blue: MRes (flat or scaling, flat mostly if you plan on ganking mid early and often) or CDR. Mostly MRes
    Quints: MSpeed mostly, Health/Armour and even GP10 are viable as well, though I would stick to MSpeed.

--

And sn0w, I completely agree on 'equal service'. Seems like the vocal minority of EU is determined to be one-upping NA though, which is beyond retarded. As to communication... I don't see that happening until Riot finally makes one set of forums for the entire community. Simple fact of the matter is the developers are in the USA and it's already pretty daunting keeping up one conversation. It'd be nice, sure, but it's pretty unrealistic. Not like Panic can go and talk in depth about the upcoming Trundle changes...

I fail to see how Riot being a US company has anything to do with it, you think Riot staff in the US work on the EU servers? A bit of logical thinking may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I fail to see how Riot being a US company has anything to do with it, you think Riot staff in the US work on the EU servers? A bit of logical thinking may help.
    It has loads to do with it. It shows that Riot is putting in more effort and money into NA region than in EUW/NE.

I work at a company in that covers The Netherlands in 3 parts. That means that there are 3 customer services. The establishment that I work at has a more up-to-date system and working method, and also work with slightly different rules/guidelines. This means that depending on where our customers live, they will be helped differently. This can be incredibly unfair in some cases. In a way this is the same what Riot is doing right now.

Deleted
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._items_theory/

This seems like an awesome idea, to be honest.

It's nothing new that NA servers are treated better than european servers when it comes to NA companies and I guess most can live with that as long as it's a small difference but sadly Riot shows how big the difference shouldn't be ("EU is down, better give NA RP" [yeah, yeah...I know that they said that's not true but ask a "lol veteran" and it's common knowledge. Happened far too often already and just look at the recent history...], Servers being quite unstable for EU, hardly any redposts on EU [I guess most can live with that] and I could go on and on).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask a "LoL Veteran"? Hi, I'm Axethor. Been playing since beta. There is a not a single event in my memory where NA got special treatment over the EU servers for similar/no server problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Ask a "LoL Veteran"? Hi, I'm Axethor. Been playing since beta. There is a not a single event in my memory where NA got special treatment over the EU servers for similar/no server problems.
    DA-FWAM! THE HAMMER!
    To be honest, it sounds like a broken record, but people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Its very common (even if it isnt your intention) to "remember" things that are relivent to the topic thats on your side. Whether they are true or not. Your brain tricks itself into thinking that.
    Its no different than Remembering you went to the Zoo when you were 5. Did you ACTUALLY go? Some yes, some no. But 90% of the people you ask will say yes.
    Im pretty sure if i was as "frequent" as people say, they would of quit the game a LONG time ago.
    YOU GET EM AXETHOR!

Blitzcrank in ARAM? Get on ma level bro.

10/10/23095735 or thereabouts. Grabs left right and centre, knockin' bitches up under turrets. GET ON MA LEVEL.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._items_theory/

This seems like an awesome idea, to be honest.
    I actually think this would be a bad idea. There's enough ways for the game to start as is, I don't want a team to be able to have an ap and ad with super awesome early game runes plus items that make them that much stronger. There's way too many possibilities with that and even then usually a very minor health boost or damage boost won't be enough to be a complete game changer. Also what someone said earlier, too many wards as is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    I actually think this would be a bad idea. There's enough ways for the game to start as is, I don't want a team to be able to have an ap and ad with super awesome early game runes plus items that make them that much stronger. There's way too many possibilities with that and even then usually a very minor health boost or damage boost won't be enough to be a complete game changer. Also what someone said earlier, too many wards as is.
    Riight.

9pots + 2wards
    Fort + 4/2 pots + 1/2 wards
    Doran's
    Long Sword + 2pots
    Faerie charm 1/2 + pots + wards

The possibilities are endless!
    Especially with fort getting nerfed and they're setting a limit on number of pots carryable.
    And everyone's basically buying wards everywhere anyways, this wont actually add to wards, it'll just give you more options to start with.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-04-08 at 02:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Riight.

9pots + 2wards
    Fort + 4/2 pots + 1/2 wards
    Doran's
    Long Sword + 2pots
    Faerie charm 1/2 + pots + wards

The possibilities are endless!
    Especially with fort getting nerfed and they're setting a limit on number of pots carryable.
    And everyone's basically buying wards everywhere anyways, this wont actually add to wards, it'll just give you more options to start with.
    You forgot about 2x regrowth for us Warmog's users!

So sweet.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    You forgot about 2x regrowth for us Warmog's users!

So sweet.
    I haven't seen that start in months.

I do not think the limit on pots was confirmed, but if so would you mind linking?

Also I don't think people realize the size of Riot Games. Riot isn't EA, or some huge corporation.

They were valued a little over a year ago around $400 MM, thats nothing in the grand scheme of things. They have somewhere between 200-400 employees TOTAL. If you honestly think a company that has that few employees can have round the clock coverage of forums you are delusional. Not to mention EUW is in a completely different time zone then close to 75% of their current employees, probably higher.

Even with all that being said, NA hasn't recieved any extra bonuses since beta as far as I can remember- despite essentially being PTR v2.0 for the league client. Vocal minority stinks sometimes.