Deleted
    I doubt Riot would ever release a skin that can only be obtained on server/region X through their Client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Just as we've seen with other servers in the past, Riot is cooking up a new skin in celebration of the imminent Latin American servers. Allow me to introduce you to "La Llorona" ( a file name, not official ) Morgana.

Seems like a server only. Or maybe free for a server.

But somehow i wouldn't be too suprised for server only
    The skin is being released in celebration of new Latin America servers, with people who get the free transfers to that server getting it for free. Everyone else has to buy it. Just like what happened with Glad Draven, Mythic Cass, and the other server skins.

Well i for one wouldn't mind special skins for specific regions. Would make it more unique seeing how everybody can get any skin as long as they pay
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Well i for one wouldn't mind special skins for specific regions. Would make it more unique seeing how everybody can get any skin as long as they pay
    It wouldn't be fair to the other regions though.

Keep in mind that they make skins to sell them to everyone, not just a region/server.

I know its not fair, but still. Yes everybody should be able to get what they want in the game but still.

How many people bought Karma before she got released for the extra free skin? Nothing unique there.

But what if there are actual unique skins depending on your region, or even for your country?

Nothing wrong with a bit more unique stuff

Deleted
    I don't know. Personally, I'd rather have that not happen.

And why does it matter that much that you want something to be unique? Prestige? Lol.

As long as you like it, it shouldn't matter if it's unique or not.

It doesn't matter to me at all that something has to be unique or not. I would think it's more interesting, thats all.

Just like with the TPA skins. Wouldn't it be more awesome if you go to a event and when you get there you can get a "skin code" card? "Oh i've been there and now i got this card; ill use it for myself or give it to a friend. But either way i got a unique skin that nobody beside those that went there can get.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter to me at all that something has to be unique or not. I would think it's more interesting, thats all.

Just like with the TPA skins. Wouldn't it be more awesome if you go to a event and when you get there you can get a "skin code" card? "Oh i've been there and now i got this card; ill use it for myself or give it to a friend. But either way i got a unique skin that nobody beside those that went there can get.
    I also think something like that might be nice. I believe there are PAX skins that work like that?

However, a region wide skin wouldn't make much sense even if you want it to be unique.
    It would only exist on the servers of that region.
    While the skin would exist and I would know of it, I would never ever see it in my games. Latin American players on the other hand would see it pretty often.
    It doesn't matter whether I am able to own it or not (at least to me), but it does matter whether any person on my server can have it.

I think I am doing a bad job explaining this... It's like the green Taric skin. I know it exists and that I can't have it. If I see someone with it, I would think "Oh, he has that skin, awesome".
    But if a skin would be only for the Latin American servers, I would never get the chance to see one.

Deleted
    TPA skins are unique yes but not unique in a way that only X people can get it while Y can't.

As for getting those skins that are only available through cards only, those are unique too but they are available to everyone, you just need to spend time and money and you'll get it, eventually.

The kind of unique you were talking about though was unique to just one region, meaning that it wouldn't be possible to get skin X unless you're on that region, I'm pretty much against that since it wouldn't be fair for the other people in other regions.

If you mean other kind of unique skins, those already exist.

I'm not sure about the PAX skins, but i think it was like that yeah.

And yes, you can get ANY skin if you pay enough, but eventually the cards "run out" and the skin will become unavaible unless they do more codes.

Region "unique" skins could be more like EUW; Italy got Gladiator Draven for free; It could be for example the only country that got it.

Or a German Gragas skin. Stuff like that is really unique.

Deleted
    Region "unique" skins could be more like EUW; Italy got Gladiator Draven for free; It could be for example the only country that got it.

Or a German Gragas skin. Stuff like that is really unique.
    I don't see how it is unique the way you're describing. It's still available to everyone.

I'm either interpreting unique in a way you aren't or I just don't know.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:47 PM ----------

Do you mean unique as in related to a country or something, like Draven's, Cass' and the incoming Morgana's skin? If you mean that, then yeah, those are pretty neat and should be done more often or when ever possible.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-05-12 at 05:47 PM.

The oktoberfest Gragas can only be bought by German players, Gladiator Draven by Italians. Morgana only for Latin America etc etc. Every country would get a champ with a unique skin.

They are for a region; but still unique then. People still sees them but cannot obtain them. Unique, but perhaps still tradeable or something.

Deleted
    The oktoberfest Gragas can only be bought by German players, Gladiator Draven by Italians. Morgana only for Latin America etc etc. Every country would get a champ with a unique skin.

They are for a region; but still unique then. People still sees them but cannot obtain them. Unique, but perhaps still tradeable or something.
    That's just complicating things for no real reason.

How is that complicating things?
    Every country has something special for their own country. Even a simple "flag" skin could be already a good start for example.
    Do a voice over with lines in their language / with a accent of the country and voila.

Deleted
    How is that complicating things?
    Every country has something special for their own country. Even a simple "flag" skin could be already a good start for example.
    Do a voice over with lines in their language / with a accent of the country and voila.
    When I read this:

I was pretty sure you were saying that skins like Gladiator Draven, Cass's greek skin and the new Morgana skin should only be available to the people from those countries, then you said about trading them to other regions. This is what you said, right?

Because if that's what you said, and I'm pretty sure that's what you said, that's just complicating things for everyone outside of that country to which the skin is dedicated to.

There's no point in making a trading system for skins, that are only obtainable in country X, in LoL.

If that's what you didn't mean to say then I have no idea what you meant and you'll need to be more clear.

(That was responding to the bolded part on the first quote on this post)

Now, responding to this:
    Yes, I agree that Riot can make a buttload of skins with that idea.

Deleted
    Unique, but perhaps still tradeable or something.
    If you can trade them, everyone'll just go to reddit or /lolg/ and get randoms to buy it for them.

Deleted
    Two things come to my mind which make region specific or country specific skins not a great idea.

First one would be the question how to determine the country of a player? Would you track down their IP for that? Or let them fill out a survey (the flaw in that is obvious)? Or just go by client language?
    The latter is also unclear. If you take me as an example, I prefer the English voice overs over the German ones, so I use the English client.

The second reason isn't a real fact. But by the recent price changes you see that Riot wants to put an emphasis on the fact that developing skins costs money. Sure they have a lot of that, but I think they wouldn't want to create a skin for each country so only a few players would buy it (not even every player in that country would).
    They could make exceptions of course, if they want to.

I get that you are enthusiastic about that idea and it's good that you put so much thought into it.
    I just don't see it working for LoL.
    You are, however, free to post your ideas on the official forums for better feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    Two things come to my mind which make region specific or country specific skins not a great idea.

First one would be the question how to determine the country of a player? Would you track down their IP for that? Or let them fill out a survey (the flaw in that is obvious)? Or just go by client language?
    The latter is also unclear. If you take me as an example, I prefer the English voice overs over the German ones, so I use the English client.

The second reason isn't a real fact. But by the recent price changes you see that Riot wants to put an emphasis on the fact that developing skins costs money. Sure they have a lot of that, but I think they wouldn't want to create a skin for each country so only a few players would buy it (not even every player in that country would).
    They could make exceptions of course, if they want to.

I get that you are enthusiastic about that idea and it's good that you put so much thought into it.
    I just don't see it working for LoL.
    You are, however, free to post your ideas on the official forums for better feedback.
    Not to mention the "lulz" that would come from the resulting jealously and/or sterotypes.

"Wow Riot must hate us look at this terrible X compared to glorious Y".

"USA already has Hillbilly Gragas and Cowpoke Cass/TF, they are covered".

"Riot I take offense to Mama Mia Nami, it is a slap in the face to everything my country stands for".

And so on. Not worth the trouble for Riot.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already enough complaining about how each server gets treated, Region specific skins would make it so much worse for the reasons Kenai pointed out. Also, there are already a lot of limited skins. The growing list of legacy skins, holiday skins, and event skins. They do give out event cards as well. Each year Riot makes a new Riot skin that they hand out at events (and sell till it's debut event ends). Also, there are three PAX specific skins, though they didn't make one this year for some reason. Championship Riven was given out to people who attended the World Finals, only it was also available for purchase that week.

There are plenty of limited skins, you just have to look in the right places.

Deleted
    Meh, ARAM picks the champions you are not skilled with and says: Go!

Well, part of ARAM, I like the randomness.