15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    That 20 ip win is in no way comparable to practically 975RP.
    Except it's not 975RP. It's a skin (and possibly Sona) free. Assuming you don't own all the champions you'd probably be able to buy more than 1 single champion once your 20 wins are over. If you do have all the champs then there's runes and shit. If you own all those? Well, sucks. But there was also 1% of the Korean population that already has Silent Night Sona, so sucks for them too.

I'd much rather have a 20 win RP boost than have a skin basically equated to Riot Girl Tristana/Golden Alistar levels. Then again, Arcade Sona is best Sona.

Deleted
    with KR - Silent Night was given because less than 1% of the playerbase had it.

The only way to obtain Silent Night (Before it was given) was to transfer an account from NA with the Silent Night skin on it. SN hadn't ever been on sale for KR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    The Halo logo isn't upside down. At least as far as I can tell. The 3 replacing the A is dumb though, but I wouldn't put it passed a company to do something like that.

That's not to say I think it's real though. (I don't. I highly doubt LoL will ever hit a console.) Also, they've now announced Spartan Assault (which does not have the circle Halo logo, and also will only be on Windows 8 PCs/Phones/Tablets by the looks of it.)

And yeah. I'm surprised there hasn't already been rage about the IP Boost. I think I'll avoid Reddit/forums for a couple days now lol. (Even though I think that's arguably a better compensation than the skin that Korea got.)
    Wow, I derped hard. Your right, it's facing the correct way. It still looks awkward though with the 5 right there.

And the rage in that compensation thread is hilarious. People should be happy they got anything at all. Most companies would give shit for a free game.

Deleted
    Except it's not 975RP. It's a skin (and possibly Sona) free. Assuming you don't own all the champions you'd probably be able to buy more than 1 single champion once your 20 wins are over. If you do have all the champs then there's runes and shit. If you own all those? Well, sucks. But there was also 1% of the Korean population that already has Silent Night Sona, so sucks for them too.

I'd much rather have a 20 win RP boost than have a skin basically equated to Riot Girl Tristana/Golden Alistar levels. Then again, Arcade Sona is best Sona.
    You can buy a 3150 champ. Great. Now people with max champs/Runes can stack IP faster.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Wow, I derped hard. Your right, it's facing the correct way. It still looks awkward though with the 5 right there.

And the rage in that compensation thread is hilarious. People should be happy they got anything at all. Most companies would give shit for a free game.
    It's about consistency. Not about entitlement. Then again, being NA, you have everything catered and spoon-fed to you anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

I had to google it because I thought you were right at first. Still think it's fake anyways.

And I agree.

You can buy a 3150 champ. Great. Now people with max champs/Runes can stack IP faster.
    So a very small subset of people get nothing, just like a very small subset of KR players got essentially nothing. Either you are highly overestimating how many people have maxed IP, or I'm underestimating it.

Though I will admit (after running the numbers) that I'm overestimating how much IP you get from a 20-win bonus.

Deleted
    I had to google it because I thought you were right at first. Still think it's fake anyways.

And I agree.

So a very small subset of people get nothing, just like a very small subset of KR players got essentially nothing. Either you are highly overestimating how many people have maxed IP, or I'm underestimating it.

Though I will admit (after running the numbers) that I'm overestimating how much IP you get from a 20-win bonus.
    I actually think it's lower than 3150 IP, more like around the 2800s~ for a 20 win boost.

And you're highly underestimating how many people has maxed out on champions and runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about consistency. Not about entitlement. Then again, being NA, you have everything catered and spoon-fed to you anyway.
    Riot is consistent. When there are server problems, you get compensated with an IP boost of a certain value. Maybe they haven't been as consistent with giving the compensation on EUW compared to NA, but they stay true to what said compensation is. When real money is involved you get the extras, like RP or free skins. NA was given RP once, when some players lost content they had bought with RP. Even then it was only the players affected, not the whole server.

Most Koreans play through gaming cafes, which charge hourly to play the game. They have to spend real money, so they get compensated appropriately.

Deleted

And I agree.

But, Korea wasn't left with nothing either.

Silent Night, Sona, 1000RP(?) and 10 win IP boost.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-05 at 12:32 AM.

20 win IP boost? I ain't even mad...

Sucks for people that have everything maxed though :/

Deleted
    Riot is consistent. When there are server problems, you get compensated with an IP boost of a certain value. Maybe they haven't been as consistent with giving the compensation on EUW compared to NA, but they stay true to what said compensation is. When real money is involved you get the extras, like RP or free skins. NA was given RP once, when some players lost content they had bought with RP. Even then it was only the players affected, not the whole server.

Most Koreans play through gaming cafes, which charge hourly to play the game. They have to spend real money, so they get compensated appropriately.
    A lot of Europeans play in Internet Cafés.

Koreans also get all champions unlocked if they play at a cafe. Swings and roundabouts. Inconsistent as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Europeans play in Internet Cafés.

Koreans also get all champions unlocked if they play at a cafe. Swings and roundabouts. Inconsistent as fuck.
    The all champions unlocked is only through PCBangs. If you play at another cafe in Korea your out of luck.

And sure, people play at internet cafes in EU. People do in the US as well. Compared to Korea though, it's an incredibly small number. Internet cafes are part of the gaming culture in Korea and most of Asia, while EU is closer to the US where most people play from personal computers.

Nothing is perfect. In every outcome, someone gets screwed (like the 1% that had SN Sona in Korea). Since personal compensation for every user is out of the question due to the man hours required, majority wins. And in this case, the majority doesn't spend real money to play LoL.

Deleted
    The all champions unlocked is only through PCBangs. If you play at another cafe in Korea your out of luck.

And sure, people play at internet cafes in EU. People do in the US as well. Compared to Korea though, it's an incredibly small number. Internet cafes are part of the gaming culture in Korea and most of Asia, while EU is closer to the US where most people play from personal computers.

Nothing is perfect. In every outcome, someone gets screwed (like the 1% the had SN Sona in Korea). Since personal compensation for every user is out of the question due to the man hours required, majority wins. And in this case, the majority doesn't spend real money to play LoL.
    You seem to be honing in on it only being Silent Night Sona.

Let me reiterate.

Riot have stated it was the same problem on both servers.

Korean Compensation:
    Sona
    Silent Night Sona
    10 win IP Boost

EU-W Compensation:
    20 win IP boost

Riot can screw me all they want and give one of the skins I own as default for everyone, if I'm getting equivalent £10-15 out of it
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-05 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    But, Korea wasn't left with nothing either.

Silent Night, Sona, 1000RP and 20 win IP boost.
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but unless I'm mistaken KR got SNS (and Sona if they didn't have it) plus a 10 win boost. There was no RP included, and your boost number is wrong.

It's still not entirely even, but I still like the flexibility of the 20win IP boost better. Plus, isn't the KR LoL dealt with by a different company? Yaknow. Garena or something. Not Riot?

Deleted
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but unless I'm mistaken KR got SNS (and Sona if they didn't have it) plus a 10 win boost. There was no RP included, and your boost number is wrong.

It's still not entirely even, but I still like the flexibility of the 20win IP boost better. Plus, isn't the KR LoL dealt with by a different company? Yaknow. Garena or something. Not Riot?
    I got the IP Boost number from 20-10 wrong
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-05 at 12:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They had 1000RP given to them as well, so I will forgive you.. And I got the IP Boost number from 20-10 wrong
    I'm not seeing anything about them getting free RP, save for some LoL GD posts (lol.) and a couple about the RP given out back when a bunch of accounts lost champions/runes/etc. to a bug.

Sooo... any source for that?

Deleted
    I'm not seeing anything about them getting free RP, save for some LoL GD posts (lol.) and a couple about the RP given out back when a bunch of accounts lost champions/runes/etc. to a bug.

Sooo... any source for that?
    Was a Reddit link a couple of days ago. Really cannot be arsed to go dig through my internet history at the moment ._.. Maybe it wasn't official source, so I'll retract it for now.

Regardless, Same problems, huge amount of difference in the compensation. Like I said earlier, it doesn't even matter to me, If I want skins, I'll buy them, if I want IP-boosts, I'll buy them.

I'll eat my hat if EU problems are done. I had troubles yesterday, and again today. So.

Honestly, I get a lot of the frustration with the players. EU-W/NE get limited support on the forums, seeing a Red respond to a problem is as rare as seeing pink dog shit in Croyden. There was a huge post a week or so ago, hinting the compensation would be worth waiting for "Wait until Tuesday for what we have in store for you!" for it to be what everyone expected it to be.

EU-W has had this problem for weeks/couple of months. Random disconnects from chat, attempting to reconnect in game, lag spikes, needing to flush DNS just to be able to get back online. There were posts on Reddit, GD, and they were ignored. Koreans kicked up a fuss, and suddenly a problem has been found! (Note: Koreans have been having this problem for the same amount of time according to;

Reddit had hundreds of EU-W down posts over the last couple of months, yet the first Korean post got this reply from Marc Merrill (The president, and co-founder of Riot games):
    Our teams have been working on this round the clock and we've spared no expense. It's a lot harder than it looks from the outside, and as you can see by the market share chart here: http://www.gametrics.com/ the massive success of LOL in Korea actually compounds the challenges.

We will resolve these issues and this is not just a focus for Riot Korea - our global team has this as a major priority.

Appreciate your patience while we work though this!

Second Class citizens seems to sum up EU-W players. Fair doesn't mean equal.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-05 at 12:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was a Reddit link a couple of days ago. Really cannot be arsed to go dig through my internet history at the moment ._.. Maybe it wasn't official source, so I'll retract it for now.

Regardless, Same problems, huge amount of difference in the compensation. Like I said earlier, it doesn't even matter to me, If I want skins, I'll buy them, if I want IP-boosts, I'll buy them.

I'll eat my hat if EU problems are done. I had troubles yesterday, and again today. So..
    Whether they did or didn't get the 1000RP it still doesn't change that the KR servers aren't run by Riot.

Yeah, from what I understand the issue is still happening. Riot did mention that they wouldn't do compensation until it was fixed so maybe they've got something else in the works? Or there's still a chance for a second compensation.

Also, http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...04994#11904994

So no one has gotten 1000RP for downtime issues (save for those people I mentioned that lost champs and shizz.)

Deleted

I'll eat my hat if EU problems are done. I had troubles yesterday, and again today. So..
    I wouldn't want to dig through your browser history either.

*Brittany Snow at the Grammy's*
    *Brittany Snow wearing a cute dress*
    *Brittany Snow NEW MOVIE?*
    *Brittany Snow IMDB Profile*

All I was able to find was this which says nothing about RP, but only about skin+champ and 10-win boost.

Deleted
    Whether they did or didn't get the 1000RP it still doesn't change that the KR servers aren't run by Riot.

Yeah, from what I understand the issue is still happening. Riot did mention that they wouldn't do compensation until it was fixed so maybe they've got something else in the works? Or there's still a chance for a second compensation.

Also, http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...04994#11904994

So no one has gotten 1000RP for downtime issues (save for those people I mentioned that lost champs and shizz.)
    Korea didn't get 1k Riot points, I concede that. However a contradiction to "To be clear, this was not the same problem experienced on EUW." is that they stated previous that it was the same problem. And both problems have "Seemingly" been fixed with the same update.

Seems an awful lot of covering-asses by Demorphic there. Also, 160 players got screwed with Silent Night Sona. I'd wager more than 160 got screwed on EU-W. I dunno. I've always supported Riot in the past, quite vehemently, but my patience is wearing thin with them.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    I wouldn't want to dig through your browser history either.

*Brittany Snow at the Grammy's*
    *Brittany Snow wearing a cute dress*
    *Brittany Snow NEW MOVIE?*
    *Brittany Snow IMDB Profile*

All I was able to find was this which says nothing about RP, but only about skin+champ and 10-win boost.
    Keylogger or wat? You forgot "Brittany Snow gifs"

15+ Year Old Account
    Korea didn't get 1k Riot points, I concede that. However a contradiction to "To be clear, this was not the same problem experienced on EUW." is that they stated previous that it was the same problem. And both problems have "Seemingly" been fixed with the same update.

Seems an awful lot of covering-asses by Demorphic there. Also, 160 players got screwed with Silent Night Sona. I'd wager more than 160 got screwed on EU-W. I dunno. I've always supported Riot in the past, quite vehemently, but my patience is wearing thin with them.
    Yeah. I found that odd too, though it's not out of the realm of possibility that an issue they originally thought was the same turned out not to be. Afaik KR servers are now working fine, while EU-W is still having issues, however. Does seem odd to me as well, though. I haven't had much issue with Riot so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As for the EU-W players. I only know of a handful of people (not counting pros) who have absolutely nothing to spend IP on, though admittedly I don't know that many people and it's anecdotal (plus I'm on NA) but I can't see it being much higher than that.