Gonna try Skarner. He'll be the first champion I actually planned out the item course myself, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds out.

Shame I can't test it with full Runes/Masteries, but oh well...

The Patient
    had one of the worst lanes ever earlier today, we had a jungler they had not, so 2v1 top. The others on my team couldn't take top, as it was one of the their first times with their champs.
    I got nida, who do i face? another nida and a gragas, that both had skin for their champs.... think my score was 0-0-2 at the 15 min mark, not bad for such a horrible lane, but i had low farm though

I midlaned vs Lux earlier today as Anivia. I can't believe how much she kicked my arse. Even if my spell combo connected, it didn't cause enough damage. She could easily harass me down to near-lethal health levels then screen me completely. There wasn't much I could do about it, I felt.

How should I act in that scenario? What should I build? More AP to be able to counter with equal pressure, or MR/health to take her harassment better?

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I midlaned vs Lux earlier today as Anivia. I can't believe how much she kicked my arse. Even if my spell combo connected, it didn't cause enough damage. She could easily harass me down to near-lethal health levels then screen me completely. There wasn't much I could do about it, I felt.

How should I act in that scenario? What should I build? More AP to be able to counter with equal pressure, or MR/health to take her harassment better?
    i would say just a single small MR cloak should help a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Gonna try Skarner. He'll be the first champion I actually planned out the item course myself, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds out.
    Just played my first match with him....not a fan at all. They say hes hybrid but all of his abilities are ap. The only thing thats ad is the initial Q. He really isnt good IMO but worth trying on the free week if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    aiight heres the deal

i wanna get a 6.3k champ an i want a new ranged.
    i'm torn between

Miss Fortune, she has some great skins and i like bewbs.
    Or
    Karthas, love his alt and he has a cool evil skeleton face plus i herd he's kinda OP =D

anyone got any advice?

also Valor816 hit me up for a game if ya want =)
    MF is fun, a strong carry, great chaser, and can farm very easily, plus nothing is more lulzy than getting a double kill with double up

Karthus, however, being my first main hero, is what you would call a "pub stomper". Expect to get a lot of "omfg ez mode hero!!11" "lol r-button 2 win" "wtf OP?!?!?", people think he's OP because of a global ult, but it's very easy to shut karthus down, and he is far from OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post

Start with boots to dodge skillshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Start with boots to dodge skillshots.
    About dem skillshots, anyone know if there is an actual reason for about every skillshot to hit "outside" the actual ability animation every now and then? Nida spear comes to mind with Cho, it seems as if I were a mile away yet still the spear somehow hits me D:
    The only skillshot I can remember being "accurate" always is karthus' Q
    League: Grxl-EUW
    Guild Wars: Grxl.5236 @ Gandara
    Diablo 3 | Guide to Fist of the Heavens by me

Quote Originally Posted by Frostycakes008 View Post
    Just played my first match with him....not a fan at all. They say hes hybrid but all of his abilities are ap. The only thing thats ad is the initial Q. He really isnt good IMO but worth trying on the free week if nothing else.
    Tried it a bit and man he's squishy. No runes, no full mastery hurts.

I want to abuse the passive by going AS Hybrid build but... ugh. Will try him a bit more but not convinced atm.

About dem skillshots, anyone know if there is an actual reason for about every skillshot to hit "outside" the actual ability animation every now and then? Nida spear comes to mind with Cho, it seems as if I were a mile away yet still the spear somehow hits me D:
    I remember one of the LoL guys answering a question about that in their forums. From what I remember, it basically boils down that you got hit when the spell was released and latency did the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I remember one of the LoL guys answering a question about that in their forums. From what I remember, it basically boils down that you got hit when the spell was released and latency did the rest.
    Huh, that makes sense, brb going to go activate my hindsight so I can dodge those skillshots better \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    The Q of Karthus isnt a skillshot though =/ Yeah, sometimes the animations can be a bit short >< just make sure you are extra safe.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    The Q of Karthus isnt a skillshot though =/ Yeah, sometimes the animations can be a bit short >< just make sure you are extra safe.
    Well yeah, but its like, I get a kill from the tower, run back, nida jumps in, I run in the bush, her spear wouldn't ever even enter the bush when I'm in there, and I just die... even thou the spear should have just flew past me. I also partly blame the growth around 3 stacks and say it bugs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Well yeah, but its like, I get a kill from the tower, run back, nida jumps in, I run in the bush, her spear wouldn't ever even enter the bush when I'm in there, and I just die... even thou the spear should have just flew past me. I also partly blame the growth around 3 stacks and say it bugs it.
    Thats odd <_< Well, yeah. Latency might be the problem!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

2 leavers in 2 games after eachother...

What's even worse the "leaver" bragged how he and his friend are the "unstoppable" duo..
    Gave first blood away as well >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    2 leavers in 2 games after eachother...

What's even worse the "leaver" bragged how he and his friend are the "unstoppable" duo..
    Gave first blood away as well >_>
    The people who say they are awesome usually suck majorly.

just got orianna, i cna easily see why she's an amazing laner. i do fine up until late game. how exactly do you play her in team fights and what is the proper positioning?

Okay, help me think on Skarner please. I'm really trying to see what they're intending him as and currently it's something of a huge troll champ due to the incessant harassment from slowing, shielding and dragging people around.

Riot call him a Jungler, but I honestly don't see it happening quite as easily as some of the other Junglers.

I'm trying to build on the combination of the passive (basic attacks lower CD) and his shield which increases his movement speed and attack speed. He deals both magical and physical damage.

Currently going with 1 point in shield, 1 in fracture (the aoe which allows him to heal with attacks on targets hit), 1 in slow and then filling out shield for more survival + speed. Filling out the slow last as it's more for the harassment than anything else.

Mastery: Tanky as possibly as the guy is squishy as hell and I just don't see the benefit in either offense or utility to allow him to live through early game.

Now, this is where it gets more funky. I'm probably completely bonkers for even going with this, but oh well...

Mana Crystal -> Sheen
    Malady
    Lichbane
    Madred's
    Wit's End
    Frozen Heart
    [Boots] (probably Merc, but there's a few other options depending on what team you run into)

So. Am I utterly daft for even thinking about it this way? I considered Phantom Dancers for the insane speed, but I think the crit would be kind of lost on him.

Well if you want more movespeed then change the sheen in to trinity force, if you wanted attacks speed and AP then make a nashor's tooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

Thing is, the build is pretty damn expensive as is. That's part of why I left the Sheen as is - it's mostly the double damage I'm interested in and it leaves you some upgrade options if you do get more money.

Definitely was thinking of grabbing the Trin Force though.

Well if you're only looking for the extra movespeed you waste less with trinity force because at least you get a bit of bonus health and a chance to slow on a attack while with phantom dancer, you're spending a ton of gold for a little bit of movespeed.

Edit: It just occured to me but do you plan on getting a sheen AND lichbane?

More Edit: You should probably just go with swiftness boots if you're that concerned with move speed.
    Last edited by Demox; 2011-08-23 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.