10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Dodging a game instantly ends your promotion series. You do get warned about this.

--

@Charge Me Doctor: where'd the comment about g/10 come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I'm in luck won 7 ranked games a promotion series. I'm quite sad because i did not skip a division(was Bronze V now it's IV /cry) was it because in the series i dodged 1 champion select?I had to was going to the doctor
    Why did you queue, in that case?

Also, it could have been better for you to have selected your champion, and then left the game, taking the 9 reports and just giving you one loss for the promotion series. Dodging is worse than AFKing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Also, it could have been better for you to have selected your champion, and then left the game, taking the 9 reports and just giving you one loss for the promotion series. Dodging is worse than AFKing.
    What? Seriously? What? One person loses a promotion series game is worse than 5 people losing LP/promotion series game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    That's hardly fair on the other 9 people, dodging is the far better option
    I did say "better for you".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Today i lost my promotion series and 6 games in a row (rankeds) because of AP trynds, junglers giving buffs to enemy by overextending and dying, ADC with 60 creeps at 30 minute mark and AP support blitzcranks grabbing chogath/amumu.
    Long vacation sucks, so many kids in lol and world of tanks that it's not even funny any more.

And on gold per 10 topic, i noticed that i usually have the same (or more) amount of gold as our jungler when i play taric with full gp10 runes, +2 gold masteries, philo stone and +4 gp10 ap item. And when i sit there dead (and watch gold count rising very fast), i get a lot of free gold so i started to think about using gp10 quints on my ADC builds. It's just weird to see ~3k free gold in 50 minute game on support
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-03 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think after all the time the people on this forum have been a dick to firebert we crafted him into this super dick who joins games just to go afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if you factor in the guilt too much for me haha
    I suppose. I'd feel pretty bad doing it. But it's an option he clearly didn't need anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    I think after all the time the people on this forum have been a dick to firebert we crafted him into this super dick who joins games just to go afk.
    Lol. I've never intentionally left or AFKed a game. The only time I've left or AFKed is due to the fusebox in my house tripping (yay old houses) or TalkTalk's intermittent internet service being intermittent.

I'm a nice guy really.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

For your LP/MMR/stuff, but for the other 9 people in the game? Dodging is better than AFKing, because you don't force 4 other people to essentially automatically lose the game. It's basically a case of: you lose LP either way, but you have the option of either dragging 4 other people down with you(AFKing) or just adding a bit of queue time to 9 people.
    (just read the last few posts, and noticed that you meant purely in terms of numbers/rankings, not what's "nice")
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-07-03 at 04:04 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

But I did won my series i'm asking that i didn't went 1 division up because of that dodge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    But I did won my series i'm asking that i didn't went 1 division up because of that dodge.
    No. Skipping divisions is based on your MMR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And on gold per 10 topic, i noticed that i usually have the same (or more) amount of gold as our jungler when i play taric with full gp10 runes, +2 gold masteries, philo stone and +4 gp10 ap item. And when i sit there dead (and watch gold count rising very fast), i get a lot of free gold so i started to think about using gp10 quints on my ADC builds. It's just weird to see ~3k free gold in 50 minute game on support
    4 GP10 items + Philostone (which, I suppose, makes 5), means: w/ boots you have 6 items. No Sightstone (doesn't give GP10), means no wards. No aura items (locket/aegis). Just money rolling in for the one role that makes the least use out of it.

I'll readily accept that you are probably exaggerating, but even so, even buying a third gp10 item sets you back miles unless completely dominated the lane/game so much that you could've gone full AP and it still would've given the same end result. 700g for a philostone = a sightstone or 9 wards. 700g takes 1400 seconds to break even in the gold it generates. That's over 23 minutes, which is probably the end of the game for most people. Especially if it's the third GP10 you buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long vacation sucks, so many kids in lol and world of tanks that it's not even funny any more.
    Minimise your ranked games until they go back to school? I've switched back onto WoW just so I can get my free legendary when the patch hits. I'm not sure what I'd suggest for you.

3GP10 over 50 minutes = 18G/min*50 = 900G, as opposed to 5.75AD, and lolwiki gives AD a 40G/stat value, making the AD quints worth 230G.

Crossover at 12m45s when GP10 gets better.

However, runes are supposed to buff your weak points, so if you've got a strong early game it might be worth the switchover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    For your LP/MMR/stuff, but for the other 9 people in the game? Dodging is better than AFKing, because you don't force 4 other people to essentially automatically lose the game. It's basically a case of: you lose LP either way, but you have the option of either dragging 4 other people down with you(AFKing) or just adding a bit of queue time to 9 people.
    You don't lose LP if losing the game you didn't dodge doesn't end your promotion series.

Plus your teammates could get their loss forgiven.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    4 GP10 items + Philostone (which, I suppose, makes 5), means: w/ boots you have 6 items. No Sightstone (doesn't give GP10), means no wards. No aura items (locket/aegis). Just money rolling in for the one role that makes the least use out of it.
    He actually meant the +4GP10 AP item, that is, Kage's Lucky Pick, as opposed to four GP10 items.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

You don't lose LP if losing the game you didn't dodge doesn't end your promotion series.

Plus your teammates could get their loss forgiven.
    That's true, you "only" lose MMR. And loss forgiven only happens when servers are being crap.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yup. Dodging a game instantly ends your promotion series. You do get warned about this.
    But it does not. It just gives you a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought a lot of people considered Sightstone a gp5 item because it means you no longer have to buy the wards, thus saving you gold?
    I do, but it means you now have two slots dedicated to wards instead of one. The little sightstone is 2 wards every 3 minutes or 8.333...EGP10, and the bigger one is 3 wards every 3 minutes or 12.5EGP10.

Problem comes lategame when you need the fifth slot for an item with more stats on it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    I do, but it means you now have two slots dedicated to wards instead of one. The little sightstone is 2 wards every 3 minutes or 8.333...EGP10, and the bigger one is 3 wards every 3 minutes or 12.5EGP10.

Problem comes lategame when you need the fifth slot for an item with more stats on it.
    Two spots for wards? You always had two spots for wards: vision wards and normal wards.

Also, wards(as a support) > fifth(don't you mean sixth?) item with super good stats. Giving up sightstone for an item, as a support, is not a good idea during the whole game, unless you are just dominating but if you are, the game won't even last to the point that you would have the choice of selling sightstone to replace it with another item as the 6th item.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-07-03 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But it does not. It just gives you a loss.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3069756

* Dodging during a Promotion or Division series will cancel the series, so you'll have to get back to 100 LP to start another series (likely just one game away, unless you had already lost a couple series games).

Deleted
    Boots and Sightstone in two slots, then four support items. Selling sightstone would open room for your fifth item
    I still don't understand...

But I don't see a point where selling your sightstone would be beneficial for your team as a support, ever, for another item.

Quote Originally Posted by satletio View Post
    Slowly mastering Nami. She is so damn strong - def my nr 1 support (with thresh). Great lane presence, peeling and bubbles are op. It just takes plenty of games to master her. She is my main suppport now. Heading towards 60% winrate in d1 with her.
    I love nami's kit...used to play her all the time
    The one thing that I don't like about her is the cast time her ult has