1. #34401
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Just tried Doran's start on Yi, can *almost* kill both buffs(~2 hits off killing red straight after killing blue, with AS reds, MS quints, flat armor yellows and a pretty standard 21/9/0 page with none of the jungle talents, just 4/4 HP, 2/3 in both resists and armor and the health) with no help at all, so with help on your first buff it should be a piece of cake.
    Run lifesteal quints and AD reds with armor everything else and you should be able to clear very easily without any help. I guess your rune page depends on how much help you think you are going to get though.

  2. #34402
    LoL is very interesting game i thik it's better then


    lets not start game v game discussions.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-08-17 at 01:30 AM.

  3. #34403
    Dreadlord Karrotlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    769
    Than welcome, Bekra. Always good to have new blood in here!

  4. #34404
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,694
    Scarizard posted possible incoming Rengar changes:

    -Bonetooth Necklace to be reworked slightly, being built from Machete.
    -Roar now reduces AD of enemies hit instead of providing an Armor/MR buff to Rengar.
    -Bola changed to be a skillshot, with the range being increased slightly.
    -Ult reworked, the biggest change is no more stealth, and no Ferocity gains. (so no more triple Q)

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  5. #34405
    ive posted this on chat zone but since its lol related ill post it here as well for fun

    Hey guys ive translated first 3 (theres 4th one) comics that ive translated

    its called "Its good day for a normal game"

    http://i.imgur.com/p8kReAh.jpg part 1

    http://i.imgur.com/8SiSAwA.png part 2

    http://i.imgur.com/6WVf3jb.jpg part 3

    part 4 coming soon

    maybe ill make an NA account and post it on NA/EU

    edit: original images had http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunSRfnsVck song running so feel free to listen to it while reading lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

    5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

  6. #34406
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Scarizard posted possible incoming Rengar changes:

    -Bonetooth Necklace to be reworked slightly, being built from Machete.
    -Roar now reduces AD of enemies hit instead of providing an Armor/MR buff to Rengar.
    -Bola changed to be a skillshot, with the range being increased slightly.
    -Ult reworked, the biggest change is no more stealth, and no Ferocity gains. (so no more triple Q)
    So they're taking away the one thing that made him a viable pick? :/
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  7. #34407
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So they're taking away the one thing that made him a viable pick? :/
    I'm a little skeptical of what they are doing, but from what I could tell, triple Q was not an intended mechanic. Though it really did show that you were good with Rengar if you could do the triple Q.

    I'm going to wait until I see it on the pbe to say too much. It seems very strange to take away the stealth mechanic. Hopefully though whatever else they end up giving him makes up for it though. Basing it off of Scarizard's post, it seems that Rengar is going to be in massive steroid mode while ulted, so hopefully that ends up working out. Rengar has been changed so much >.>

  8. #34408
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I'm a little skeptical of what they are doing, but from what I could tell, triple Q was not an intended mechanic. Though it really did show that you were good with Rengar if you could do the triple Q.

    I'm going to wait until I see it on the pbe to say too much. It seems very strange to take away the stealth mechanic. Hopefully though whatever else they end up giving him makes up for it though. Basing it off of Scarizard's post, it seems that Rengar is going to be in massive steroid mode while ulted, so hopefully that ends up working out. Rengar has been changed so much >.>
    It might have been unintended, but it does not mean it should have been removed. If a good thing happens by accident why not just leave it be?

    I know there's too little information to judge right now, but they better work wonders with his ultimate.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  9. #34409
    I agree that it sounds big...but the more we've played with it, the more people have realized the Stealth part of Thrill of the Hunt is perhaps the least-appreciated part
    Wow how exactly did Scarizard manage to come to that conclusion? That's a seriously strange statement for a red to make about a champion like Rengar. This is looking a lot like a RIP Rengar 2013 thing.

    Also E being a skillshot destroys top lane Rengar. If it cant be blocked by minions then he cant get ferocity stacks by using it on them and if he can use it on minions he can no longer use it as harass because they'll just stand behind their minions. E max first was something top lane Rengar did when he was in lanes that didn't allow him to simply jump on the guy.
    Last edited by Kilz; 2013-08-17 at 05:15 AM.

  10. #34410
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Wow how exactly did Scarizard manage to come to that conclusion? That's a seriously strange statement for a red to make about a champion like Rengar. This is looking a lot like a RIP Rengar 2013 thing.

    Also E being a skillshot destroys top lane Rengar. If it cant be blocked by minions then he cant get ferocity stacks by using it on them and if he can use it on minions he can no longer use it as harass because they'll just stand behind their minions. E max first was something top lane Rengar did when he was in lanes that didn't allow him to simply jump on the guy.
    Ranged ability which has no cost and deals damage and there is no way to avoid it but zoning yourself is not fun at all. Even pantheons' spear has mana cost, and GPs' parrrley
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  11. #34411
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Ranged ability which has no cost and deals damage and there is no way to avoid it but zoning yourself is not fun at all. Even pantheons' spear has mana cost, and GPs' parrrley
    Since when was taking poke supposed to be fun? It already has the downside of doing less damage than those abilities and having a longer CD and a short range. If you're seriously being beat down by Rengar's E then you're doing something wrong.

  12. #34412
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,195
    The thing is. Rengar 1.0 was meant to be a jungle champ, but players pushed him to top like they usually do (Diana to mid) because they work well.
    Rengar 2.0 (This new revamp) has his Necklace building from Machete, and so it's obvious they want him back into the jump, and hurting his lane capacity should hopefully get it to start.
    And Charge me Doctor is right, it was annoying being hit by bola when all it does is charge up one of his attacks, and it's free.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  13. #34413
    A champion shouldn't be forced away from a spot just because of what they were originally intended for. If it was to be that way then they would have reworked Zyra.

    Also the new Necklace is a bad jungle item when you consider how good the spirit items are for the junglers and that it will no longer be efficient.

  14. #34414
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Since when was taking poke supposed to be fun? It already has the downside of doing less damage than those abilities and having a longer CD and a short range. If you're seriously being beat down by Rengar's E then you're doing something wrong.
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 70% Bonus AD)
    COOLDOWN: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11

    plus the ability to jump out of bush and deal extra damage with doubleQ. This leads to:
    Rengar uses bola strike until you are at ~70% health. He walks in a bush at 4 combo points. Uses his Q. Jumps out of bush. Attacks. Uses Q again. Attacks. Ignite.
    It is not fun to play against because you can't really deny him from doing that. There is no downside of spamming bola strike on enemy (And 12 seconds is not a long cooldown for free damage dealing ranged spell) and this is stupid and should be changed. And there is no reason to save bola strike, you just spam it to get ferocity stacks. No mater if the target is a creep or a hero.

    Compare it to a parrrley
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 20 / 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 (+ 100% AD)
    EXTRA GOLD: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
    COOLDOWN: 5
    COST: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 MANA

    If you don't build mana items on GP it will drain all your mana after 6 shots which you can spend on getting extra gold (or farm safely if you are contested) or to harass enemy. But point is, you have to chose what you are going to do: harass enemy, get farm or save mana for CC remover.

    Spear shot:
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 65 / 105 / 145 / 185 / 225 (+ 140% Bonus AD)
    COOLDOWN: 4
    COST: 45 MANA

    And again, without mana items he won't be able to spam it and will run out of mana after 6 shots. You have to save your mana to deal stun+heartseaker combo AND have enough mana to finish enemy off with crit spear when he flashes away from you. This greatly reduces Pantheons' desire to spam spears on enemy.

    If riots wants rengar to be back into a jungle then it should affect creeps because getting this skill on level to to early gank will gimp your ability to clear jungle if you fail a gank (imagine you get level 2, get to a lane, kill nothing and you get deleveled back to 1. That's how it feels when you level a skill that deals no damage to creeps as a jungler)

    If they want him to be less annoying when played as a top character, it's a good move and will lead to more "smart" plays as rengar. You now need to think when to use your only CC spell to get your enemy and when to chain it to get a double Q strikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #34415
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A champion shouldn't be forced away from a spot just because of what they were originally intended for. If it was to be that way then they would have reworked Zyra.

    Also the new Necklace is a bad jungle item when you consider how good the spirit items are for the junglers and that it will no longer be efficient.
    I don't expect Poppy to be in the same form when they rework her. It's just that her tool has so much broken things that they can't leave it as it is. It could also be said that Karma lost her old strengths and didn't get new ones for compensation, even with her use in the LCS, both successfully and unsuccessfully.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  16. #34416
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 70% Bonus AD)
    COOLDOWN: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11

    plus the ability to jump out of bush and deal extra damage with doubleQ. This leads to:
    Rengar uses bola strike until you are at ~70% health. He walks in a bush at 4 combo points. Uses his Q. Jumps out of bush. Attacks. Uses Q again. Attacks. Ignite.
    It is not fun to play against because you can't really deny him from doing that. There is no downside of spamming bola strike on enemy (And 12 seconds is not a long cooldown for free damage dealing ranged spell) and this is stupid and should be changed. And there is no reason to save bola strike, you just spam it to get ferocity stacks. No mater if the target is a creep or a hero.

    Compare it to a parrrley
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 20 / 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 (+ 100% AD)
    EXTRA GOLD: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
    COOLDOWN: 5
    COST: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 MANA

    If you don't build mana items on GP it will drain all your mana after 6 shots which you can spend on getting extra gold (or farm safely if you are contested) or to harass enemy. But point is, you have to chose what you are going to do: harass enemy, get farm or save mana for CC remover.

    Spear shot:
    PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 65 / 105 / 145 / 185 / 225 (+ 140% Bonus AD)
    COOLDOWN: 4
    COST: 45 MANA

    And again, without mana items he won't be able to spam it and will run out of mana after 6 shots. You have to save your mana to deal stun+heartseaker combo AND have enough mana to finish enemy off with crit spear when he flashes away from you. This greatly reduces Pantheons' desire to spam spears on enemy.

    If riots wants rengar to be back into a jungle then it should affect creeps because getting this skill on level to to early gank will gimp your ability to clear jungle if you fail a gank (imagine you get level 2, get to a lane, kill nothing and you get deleveled back to 1. That's how it feels when you level a skill that deals no damage to creeps as a jungler)

    If they want him to be less annoying when played as a top character, it's a good move and will lead to more "smart" plays as rengar. You now need to think when to use your only CC spell to get your enemy and when to chain it to get a double Q strikes.
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Manaless champions are taxed by either having longer CDs or less damage on abilities, not by making the ability impossible to land on people who hide in their creeps. Katarina's bouncing blades have been around forever, but I don't see anybody complaining that it's impossible to deal with.

  17. #34417
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,610
    Working at Riot looks like it would be fun..

    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

  18. #34418
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It might have been unintended, but it does not mean it should have been removed. If a good thing happens by accident why not just leave it be?

    I know there's too little information to judge right now, but they better work wonders with his ultimate.
    Riven wall jumping is a good example of this. I'm not sure if leaving triple Q on Rengar would be good with the way it sounds like he'll be played post-rework, though, as it wouldn't really do as much as it does now.

  19. #34419
    the official tournaments are a treat to watch!

  20. #34420
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A champion shouldn't be forced away from a spot just because of what they were originally intended for. If it was to be that way then they would have reworked Zyra.

    Also the new Necklace is a bad jungle item when you consider how good the spirit items are for the junglers and that it will no longer be efficient.
    According to Scarizard, the Necklace will have its own version of the 20% damage to monsters which stacks with the normal one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •