10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Why CDR boots when Mobi boots are so much better?
    Mobi boots don't fit Taric =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    And here we have the perfect example of such a support. Double Gp10, rank 2 boots and no Aegis vs double AP team.
    sightstone mobi boots philo and more wards is all i need as supporter

cant wait to buy stuff in season 4 as supporter though gona be weird geting GA or banshee
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Mobi boots don't fit Taric =(
    But there aren't any Gem Boots either :/

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

cant wait to buy stuff in season 4 as supporter though gona be weird geting GA or banshee
    Or you could buy items your team actually needs, like an Aegis.

Deleted
    Or your jungler could buy items your team actually needs, like an Aegis.
    FTFY mate.
    That even happened in worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    FTFY mate.
    That even happened in worlds...
    Yeah it did, what also happened in worlds was never a double Gp10 and chinese supports didnt even buy a single Gp10. Aegis is good on a good few junglers, however if bot is snowballing you defo don't need double Gp10 and picking up an early Aegis allows jungle to finish his Spirit of the Ancient Golem quicker.

Deleted
    Yeah it did, what also happened in worlds was never a double Gp10 and chinese supports didnt even buy a single Gp10. Aegis is good on a good few junglers, however if bot is snowballing you defo don't need double Gp10 and picking up an early Aegis allows jungle to finish his Spirit of the Ancient Golem quicker.
    I don't think I've ever seen a jungler get locket before Ancient Golem anyway, so I don't get the point.
    Jungle gets more gold, and Aegis was already the thing either support or jungle bought. It should be communicated with the team who gets Locket and whatnot anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the thing with worlds was that they warded shitloads, like, you will never have so many wards as they bought in those games.(Unless you get to Diamond 2/1, even then that situation is very unlikely) They didn't buy another gp10 because they were poor as shit supports scraping whatever money they had for wards, not because 2x gp10 is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, spending money on gp10 items only for reason having more gp10 stat is bad (like Taric gets Lucky pick. Ugh.), you won't even get your money back for this item. Phylo stone is good, it gives you regen needed to support AND gp10. Lucky pick is not that good (extra AP on support, really? Who want's that? I'll better spend this gold on pinks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Just looking at the worlds though, finals didnt have a single Gp10 item and I dont recall any game where a support bought Mobos. If your team doesnt have an Aegis, and you buy double Gp10 and mobos, you've done it wrong. It's not even a discussion really, you cannot in any single way benefit more from double Gp10 and mobos compared to team having an Aegis.

I've seen plenty of times where a jungler goes Aegis before Golem, especially depending on the game, if it devolves into a lot of 2v2 or 3v3 skirmishes its more than likely the team with the faster Aegis will gain the upper hand. In a 2v2 situation it becomes more gold efficient to have the Aegis than to have the golem.

With the mobos I only see a huge benefit from them on engage champs, that can get into range quickly and force fights on badly positioned champs, mostly Alistair/Leona/Blitz and maybe Thresh. Although with Thresh lacking the innate tankiness of the others early he may benefit more from completing ruby sightstone and even a Dorans shield.

Or you could buy items your team actually needs, like an Aegis.
    wat.....the.....

you do realise right now more gold you have = more vision control you have on the field

you cant expect support to buy ageis (hell even items from ageis takes up 2-3slots)

to answer your questiong your team needs vision more than an ageis

also jungler usually get spirit golem then work on ageis

supporter usually went lockt back when bulkward was on live (rip bulkward)

oh and about mobi boots you get it so you can clear/place wards around map faster
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-10-26 at 03:13 PM.

You realise you spent 1500g on Mobos and the second Gp10, that is equivalent to 20 wards right? Tell me how long it took before the second Gp10 paid off the 1500g you could have spent on the 20 wards. (Note, if you have up 5 wards at all times, those 20 wards combined with sightstone is a solid 30minutes of map coverage.)

- - - Updated - - -

The maths, it takes 26minutes for lucky pick to earn the gold you spent on it. That would mean it takes 52minutes for it to generate the money you spent on Pick+Mobos. You want ward coverage and your game isnt going on for an hour? Dont buy the Pick.

because solo q=/=world torny lol

supports in solo q needs gp5

pro support goes health quints or even AD

- - - Updated - - -

You realise you spent 1500g on Mobos and the second Gp10, that is equivalent to 20 wards right? Tell me how long it took before the second Gp10 paid off the 1500g you could have spent on the 20 wards. (Note, if you have up 5 wards at all times, those 20 wards combined with sightstone is a solid 30minutes of map coverage.)

- - - Updated - - -

The maths, it takes 26minutes for lucky pick to earn the gold you spent on it. That would mean it takes 52minutes for it to generate the money you spent on Pick+Mobos. You want ward coverage and your game isnt going on for an hour? Dont buy the Pick.
    i never said buy picks OMG

oh and before saying something you get gold from objective

hence more gold = more wards = MORE VISION FOR TEAM

so if you are behind ofc you are going to sit with sightstone (probably philo as well during soloq)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-10-26 at 03:17 PM.

Realised I read something wrong, but looking at your recent support games you went double Gp10 in all of them, I can only assume its how you usually play it. In 2 of the 3 games no one on your team had an Aegis.

Realised I read something wrong, but looking at your recent support games you went double Gp10 in all of them, I can only assume its how you usually play it. In 2 of the 3 games no one on your team had an Aegis.
    uhhh i had 1 game i bought 2 gp5

enemy team had double gp5 and clearing my team's vision quicker than i can buy pinks/green

hence i had to either

A: buy double GP5
    B: give up bit of vision control and put wards more back in my jungle and hoping they dont get clear it with pink/oracles (remember they gain more golds than i do)

man that game didnt go soo well at the start lol they got 3 kills from invade XD

other games weer a total stomp

we were vsing pro team from OCE team immunity and our top laner just RQ :/

Deleted
    Supports buy Sightstone and Mobis if they happen to hit a gold spike, after that all the money is spent on Pinks, Greens and Oracles

Gz, you are now playing the S3 support at top level. Riot's objective for S3 was to give supports more gold to spend on items and they failed spectacularly. Other lanes abused Flask forcing them to nerf it, no sane support goes gold items over Sightstone and on the pro level by the time you could get your gold items it's both inefficient and extra ward coverage is needed

wow..... anyone seen OGN 2013 winter round 16......

my god... gorup A and group B is just.... wow....

Deleted
    uhhh i had 1 game i bought 2 gp5

enemy team had double gp5 and clearing my team's vision quicker than i can buy pinks/green

hence i had to either

A: buy double GP5
    B: give up bit of vision control and put wards more back in my jungle and hoping they dont get clear it with pink/oracles (remember they gain more golds than i do)

man that game didnt go soo well at the start lol they got 3 kills from invade XD

other games weer a total stomp

we were vsing pro team from OCE team immunity and our top laner just RQ :/
    Double gold items is not the answer to someone clearing your vision. If you had neither then you just spent like 1,5k on pathetic amount of stats and a slight increase in gold income. If it was a 5xpremade then you just need to make the rest of your team to get pinks and if the game is at a point where you struggle to control your own jungle then it's most likely over already

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Double gold items is not the answer to someone clearing your vision. If you had neither then you just spent like 1,5k on pathetic amount of stats and a slight increase in gold income. If it was a 5xpremade then you just need to make the rest of your team to get pinks and if the game is at a point where you struggle to control your own jungle then it's most likely over already
    my idea was he got had double gp5 so i might as well roll gp5 once laning phase is over since he will have more gold generation than me later on

i NEVER buy gp5(kage) once i finish laning

why u buy 2 they dont stack anymore.

Will be missed ~

Do any of you think when S4 comes into play, they will finally reign in the support god thresh? He is 100% pick or ban in nearly all lvls of play. His lanturn IN MY OPINION is very toxic to the way combat works. A "get out of jail free card" for people I think is INSANELY too powerful and there is no real way to nerf it at all, unless you change the mechanic. And if that nis done... well... the lanturn might as well not even be there. I think that part of the kit is just WAY too strong. Any thoughts?