Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It actually lowers the hidden elo for normal mode matchmaking.
    Do you have any sources for this?

I always assumed this too but I never found anything about it, stating that at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, it actually "helps" the unskilled guy to get lower, to his skill level. I thought that it works for rankeds too, but after thinking about this, it would be too good to abuse.
    If it's like that and works in ranked, then it would be really abused so I hope it doesn't work there assuming it does for other modes.
    The End
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I always assumed this too but I never found anything about it, stating that at least.
    I've seen 2-3 red posts stating it. They're like a year old, if not more, though. So cba to try to find them again, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Its worse. Bronzies at least know they are trash, D5 people are trash who think they know their shit
    Just wanted to say, as hopefully a soon ex-bronze, that bronzies do not know they're thrash, they think they're heroes and know their shit. I'm saying "they" because I full well realize I'm shit.

Which makes playing in my league so incredibly frustrating. And I heard it doesn't get better until late gold. And now you're here telling me it basically never gets better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It actually lowers the hidden elo for normal mode matchmaking.
    It does afaik, and I've used it but only to report actual players who just were.. really not meant to be in this game (think of a naut who was unsure how to move his character, let alone play it). I don't think I ever ragereported someone "unskilled", because in the end, my play is far from perfect and every game there's 200 things I could have done better myself. My most used report has got to be abuse/harass and afk.

Furthermore, I've actually asked in those few reports I made that my MMR be lowered too, as I felt I was constantly being matched with players way above me (which was because I played with my friends who actually are gold/plat and yeah, we won, a lot, but I just got carried basically). This was pre-30. After that, I consistently met players as shit as myself, so I always believed it did SOMETHING.

..Yes, I reported myself for 'unskilled'. Lol.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-09-30 at 04:04 PM.

Katarina is usually pretty fine against everyone, minus maybe against Galion, Fizz and Kassadin most of the time and obviously bruisers like J4 or Xin that go in lane.

Get a sightstone and gg, you'll never die in lane unless you get ganked or just engage way too often to poke. The only problem I found with her is if the other team is overall tanky, you're going to have a bad time late game because you won't be able to assassinate people, I mean, you will, but it will be hard to nuke them down with one combo.
    I thought about sighstone but just opted to buy two wards instead. I want to be more assassin-like faster and late game wise, you can assassinate an ADC pretty easily or depending on the support you destroy the support pretty easily.

I really enjoy her, she's fun and now that I remember Galio is a bitch to lane against as her, I had to do that and we were even but he was technically winning the lane because I had to sit at tower for the most part farming.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    what is up with the community in this game i am pritty new to this game playing for 4-5 weeks now mainly at weekends. igot lvl 28 weekend after some xp boosts. I also bought a bundle. And nami was on offer so i got her the other week.

Story...
    You leveled really quickly with the experience boosts which means you don't have as many games under your belt as most players at that level. It may have been a better option to level slowly while playing more games and getting more experience. Personally I have been playing a few games here and there for months and I usually do okay, but I'm only level 22.

Also queuing for ARAM (although a drastically different type of game) can let you experience a better side of the community because 3/4 of the people there don't give a ****. Personally I have met lets of people in ARAM that have friended me and we have queued for normals at later points. Then we can use online voice communication programs and have good communication and when you are playing with friends they can forgive your mistakes.

Also have a couple veterans that I know (both low gold) and they have been queuing with me and trying to help me become a better player. You just kinda have to grow a thick skin in some games though. We once queued with 4 people and our fifth was raging the whole game about how badly we all sucked and that we needed to learn to play and we made fun of his nerd rage the whole game. xD

I've got a winstreak of 6 in soloq. We finally got it back to silver 1 in 3v3 today, and today i've got a golden jaraxus in hearthstone. I think i need to buy a lotery ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Sooo.. is anyone else here on the east coast of Canada or US? I'm in New York and my ping is always around 90, but in the past few weeks its been at 110-120... so i'm wondering if anyone else here has increased ping lately.
    South-East Pennsylvania here
    Haven't noticed a big change in ping for myself (I haven't been extremely active on LoL lately though)

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I thought about sighstone but just opted to buy two wards instead. I want to be more assassin-like faster and late game wise, you can assassinate an ADC pretty easily or depending on the support you destroy the support pretty easily.
    It's only 950 gold. Besides, it gives you free wards all the time, while being able to put two down at one time and has four uses. Also gives you quite the survivability that you so desperately need early game to be able to farm against most champions since you're a melee.

You can also escape ganks pretty easily with it and if you really want to be more tanky early game because you got ganked constantly, get ruby. From there on, damage items all the way.

Sightstone is just really good on her.
    The End
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Omen

It's only 950 gold
    only 950
    only
    I want some of whatever you are having

You are using about 50 minions worth of CS to buy an item that offers no damage on a champion that's primary function is to bring damage to skirmishes

Lee gets away with it since he is often jungling and is able to make plays with his SS (Q Q W to a ward R enemy carry OP) but there is a reason that SS is not bought on Jax and Katarina

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    I want some of whatever you are having

You are using about 50 minions worth of CS to buy an item that offers no damage on a champion that's primary function is to bring damage to skirmishes

Lee gets away with it since he is often jungling and is able to make plays with his SS (Q Q W to a ward R enemy carry OP) but there is a reason that SS is not bought on Jax and Katarina
    Read my post again. I was talking about survivability during lane phase.

Even so, it is a good item on her depending on how she's doing in lane. If you're fed, you obviously won't buy a SS.
    Last edited by Majad; 2013-09-30 at 06:20 PM.
    The End
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Omen

- - - Updated - - -

If it's like that and works in ranked, then it would be really abused so I hope it doesn't work there assuming it does for other modes.
    According to the Wiki

When players are reported for "Unskilled Player", no tribunal case is made, however if the player is reported for being unskilled consecutively, their Match-Making-Rating will slightly drop. This does not affect ranked matchmaking or players ranked Elo/MMR. This option is mainly used as a placebo for players that are acting negatively towards their teammates.
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Report_function

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    That's hilarious!

Even so, it is a good item on her depending on how she's doing in lane. If you're fed, you obviously won't buy a SS.
    So your reasoning is that a champ that relies on damage to be useful should delay their damage items since they are already doing bad?

If you are in such a hurry to become useless just straight out pick support katarina and don't give your team false hope

950gold. 475 for a Ruby Crystal. Leaves enough gold for 6 wards and change.

Why on earth would you waste another 475 gold on a sightstone when the remainder of the cash will take care of your sight issues for the next 10 minutes, which likely is all of the laning phase?

And you can even turn that Ruby Crystal into a Haunting Guise, which will give you some defense and damage.

Warchief

No, it's not.

Your primary goal is to deal damage and become tank-ish.

Get Haunting Guise for HP and damage. Get a Giant's Belt if you need to be tanky and survive.

Do not buy Sightstone.

Majad is all about that Portuguese Katarina meta.
    Hey everyone

As a Katarina you rely on killing people and getting resets. I don't see a sightstone in the equation.

But hey, if it's your game style, go for it! (probably still better than AD Kata)

God dang its hard to find a semi casual team for ranked >_< Every damn team that seems good is already full

My ex girlfriend hates me now because she picked up dipping pizza in ranch from me. I mean sure its a few extra calories but it's not my fault you're a whore.

Liking this Katarina buff to her ultimate.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    God dang its hard to find a semi casual team for ranked >_< Every damn team that seems good is already full
    Actually, i always thought that team should be able to have more than 5 players in it. Like, some people to pick from to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.