I've just been using the physical switch on my mic to mute it if necessary during an active game... I guess that's not ideal in the middle of a team fight or anything, but I don't need to mute my mic much, usually only for politeness if I'm about to sneeze or something :P
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

Mine skype works great. I hotkeyed mute to ctrl+t. Be sure that you don't mess up binds with ingame binds
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

new game: every time ranked is down, take a shot.

I'm running borderless mode. Fullscreen definitely kills my program, I'm fully aware of that.

My headset is broken - or rather, the mic is broken. So I'm using a pretty old, but still good, standalone mic, but it really is nothing but a mic, lol. So muting it has to be done through whichever voice communication program I'm using.

It doesn't matter much anyway. My program is working fine.
    I had just forgotten that I had to run LoL as administrator, because running it normally made the game crash instantly. However, when running it as admin, it's able to block far more programs, including mine.
    I simply had to re-run it normally and everything got back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Had a game on an account I'm leveling and I just had a game where we won 4v5 50 minutes in. It's not the fact that I played well and ended like 24/3/7 as Teemo that made me proud, it's that my team didn't give up and later went on to win a fight where I was forced to run away early because of them catching me.

To me watching those 3 players go from having a rough time at the start of the game to the point where two of them were below a 1.0 KDA at the end of the game and the other still had a lot of deaths, to keeping their heads in the game and then beating the enemy back on their own is the happiest moment of my day. I was fully expecting a surrender vote to be forced because only I was having a good game at the start and that's normally how things go with leveling games.

Those 3 players are the real winners. I don't care about my score I didn't carry them in the end. The fact that they didn't complain or give up and came back to kill those who have been killing them so much is the real victory here.

Going to just stop playing LoL for the day so that remains my last memory, and then tomorrow it's back to the same old story. It was nice to see such a game happen when you're used to nothing but rage.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    new game: every time ranked is down, take a shot.
    not enough shots available

Hope you honoured them

--

Re: Skype - I don't use key activation.

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    So, guys... I have a problem.

Do any of you use Skype while playing League? If you do, are you able to control Skype (mute/unmute your mic) while the game is the active window and how?

I've never been able to do that, even with hotkeys enabled in Skype. So I wrote my own program, which makes it possible to do that. It even shows an overlay, so I can see if I'm currently muted or unmuted.

My problem is, that Riot seems to have broken my program as of today (Oct 7th). I haven't been able to find a fix...

So now I'm looking for other options! If you guys have any tips/tricks on how to make Skype hotkeys work while in-game, please let me know.

EDIT: I just now realized that I'm an idiot. I think I've figured out the problem, but I can't test it before I can get into LoL (damn you, 6-minute queue!)...
    If I'm right, nothing's broken and I just derped... Hard.
    you said other options and my suggestion is a second monitor :P easy to click mute in a game.

I don't know about skype, but in vent my keybinds would break when LoL was run as administrator. My friend had the same issue. Just running it normally caused no problems.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    you said other options and my suggestion is a second monitor :P easy to click mute in a game.
    LOL L2P noob clicker!

In all seriousness, it's fixed. I derped. :P

About clicking the mute button: didn't patch 3.12 change it so your cursor is tied to the game window, till you manually release it/Alt+TAB out/close the game?
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-10-07 at 08:02 PM.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

LOL L2P noob clicker!

In all seriousness, it's fixed. I derped. :P

About clicking the mute button: didn't patch 3.12 change it so your cursor is tied to the game window, till you manually release it/Alt+TAB out/close the game?
    indeed it is

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I don't know about skype, but in vent my keybinds would break when LoL was run as administrator. My friend had the same issue. Just running it normally caused no problems.
    I had that happen with Raidcall. I was using lft-ctrl as my push to talk button, but I had to run RC as administrator before it would work. I assume that if skype was run as administrator it would probably fix whatever issues were going on.

Curse has a new line up
    http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/l...nds/team-curse
    Top Voyboy
    Mid Pobelter
    Jungle IWillDominate
    Adc Aphromoo
    Support Zekent

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

That kinda sucks about Nyjacky. I didn't think he played poorly enough to warrant losing his spot. Cop was bad at times and, while Saint was good a lot of the time, when he screwed up, he screwed up BIG TIME.

Fnatic pls

What happened to EDward? (I dont follow the lcs stuff that much)

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    That kinda sucks about Nyjacky. I didn't think he played poorly enough to warrant losing his spot. Cop was bad at times and, while Saint was good a lot of the time, when he screwed up, he screwed up BIG TIME.
    Curse have a 2nd team called Team Lolpro with Nyjacky and Cop on it.

http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/l...10-team-lolpro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    What happened to EDward? (I dont follow the lcs stuff that much)
    Hes found a new team but hasnt said who.

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

So, guys... I have a problem.

Do any of you use Skype while playing League? If you do, are you able to control Skype (mute/unmute your mic) while the game is the active window and how?

I've never been able to do that, even with hotkeys enabled in Skype. So I wrote my own program, which makes it possible to do that. It even shows an overlay, so I can see if I'm currently muted or unmuted.

My problem is, that Riot seems to have broken my program as of today (Oct 7th). I haven't been able to find a fix...

So now I'm looking for other options! If you guys have any tips/tricks on how to make Skype hotkeys work while in-game, please let me know.

EDIT: I just now realized that I'm an idiot. I think I've figured out the problem, but I can't test it before I can get into LoL (damn you, 6-minute queue!)...
    If I'm right, nothing's broken and I just derped... Hard.
    had that same problem but you just gotta turn skype on as admin mode
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Does anyone know of a site that has statistics for what percentage of players are in each division? Like X% of the NA region is Silver. A friend of mine said that if you're Gold 5 that you're higher ranked than 89% of the players, but he didn't have a source and it made me curious about what the real percentages are for players rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Curse has a new line up
    http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/l...nds/team-curse
    Top Voyboy
    Mid Pobelter
    Jungle IWillDominate
    Adc Aphromoo
    Support Zekent
    Wow they really do recruit anybody who was once a CLG player. Edward couldn't possibly be going to CLG because Doublelift only accepts ADC players for supports.

For some reason I have a hard time picturing Zekent playing such mainstream support champions. In guess there is always Annie for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Does anyone know of a site that has statistics for what percentage of players are in each division? Like X% of the NA region is Silver. A friend of mine said that if you're Gold 5 that you're higher ranked than 89% of the players, but he didn't have a source and it made me curious about what the real percentages are for players rankings.
    http://www.lolsummoners.com is probably your best bet.