1. #36041
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm really not looking forward to my attempted Silver V to Gold climb... I'm 1-2 in Silver so far AND THEY KEEP MAKING ME SUPPORT. I am beginning to loathe Janna and no one wants me to Nidalee or Soraka.

    I suppose I deserve it after I got carried to 3-0 in my promo series.
    If you usually like playing mid, try Zyra support, since she only needs 1-2 support items and then you can build her as a secondary AP carry and is pretty fun to play too.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

  2. #36042
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Can imagine them not wanting Soraka or Nidalee. Soraka is completely useless in lane unless you can get your ADC to run an Urgot. Even then it's questionable. Most Nidalee supports are utter shit.

    Supporting is an excellent role to carry from, if you know what you're doing (hint: I don't). You're generally last pick, so you can counterpick the entire enemy team and botlane. Enemy grabs Twitch / Blitz? Pick Leona, gg, free initiation. Enemy grabs Vayne? Pick Lulu, hit her with Pix so she stays visible during Ult and change her into a cupcake when she tries anything. Enemy team wants to dive? Pick Zyra, put an Ult between the first one to dive and the rest of the team. Gg, solo nab gets murdered.

    Etc.
    Or go with the flow, pick Annie support and carry yourself.

  3. #36043
    Epic! Riboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boubouille's Ear.
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Or go with the flow, pick Annie support and carry yourself.
    I second this.

    Annie support is so fun and she's the easiest support to carry with, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

  4. #36044
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm really not looking forward to my attempted Silver V to Gold climb... I'm 1-2 in Silver so far AND THEY KEEP MAKING ME SUPPORT. I am beginning to loathe Janna and no one wants me to Nidalee or Soraka.

    I suppose I deserve it after I got carried to 3-0 in my promo series.
    Considering most Nid support players are terrible and never buy wards (because traps!), I can understand the hate there. Soraka is just bad. She makes sure you don't lose lane, but you won't win either and she is the most useless support in team fights. Just never play her.

    Janna on the other hand is fantastic, so it's a shame you don't like her. When I play ADC I love good Janna players because they can win games.

    You definitely need to fix your support pool though. Sona, Lulu, Thresh (when not banned), anyone who isn't Soraka.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  5. #36045

  6. #36046
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Considering most Nid support players are terrible and never buy wards (because traps!), I can understand the hate there. Soraka is just bad. She makes sure you don't lose lane, but you won't win either and she is the most useless support in team fights. Just never play her.

    Janna on the other hand is fantastic, so it's a shame you don't like her. When I play ADC I love good Janna players because they can win games.

    You definitely need to fix your support pool though. Sona, Lulu, Thresh (when not banned), anyone who isn't Soraka.
    It's not that I dislike her... just that I've played her and only her a TON and it's getting old. Also... dear lord she has no damage. My teamfight contribution is the blast half of their team back and half forward if I can and maybe a tornado and shield.

    I do, however, hate Sona with a passion.

    How viable is Zilean support anyway? He felt really strong when I did a premade with some friends in normals.

    Fnatic pls

  7. #36047
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    It's not that I dislike her... just that I've played her and only her a TON and it's getting old. Also... dear lord she has no damage. My teamfight contribution is the blast half of their team back and half forward if I can and maybe a tornado and shield.

    I do, however, hate Sona with a passion.

    How viable is Zilean support anyway? He felt really strong when I did a premade with some friends in normals.
    No. God please no. Noooo (c) Steve carell
    His slow is legit, but he falls back in middle game and can't really do anything because of being squishy and easy to focus down to prevent him from ulting carry or w.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #36048

    riot please give lulu bigger arms

  9. #36049
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,855
    More roster changes abound for S4
    http://www.gosugamers.net/lol/news/2...t-update-08-10

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  10. #36050
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Supporting is an excellent role to carry from, if you know what you're doing (hint: I don't). You're generally last pick, so you can counterpick the entire enemy team and botlane. Enemy grabs Twitch / Blitz? Pick Leona, gg, free initiation. Enemy grabs Vayne? Pick Lulu, hit her with Pix so she stays visible during Ult and change her into a cupcake when she tries anything. Enemy team wants to dive? Pick Zyra, put an Ult between the first one to dive and the rest of the team. Gg, solo nab gets murdered.

    Etc.
    Pretty much this.

    Supports are great. It especially gets better for people who often support from silver 1 and upwards because other people know what to do better. Though they still suck at team fights most of the time, it's usually better in lane phase and a support can break or make a game, the former is kind of rare unless you're shit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Or go with the flow, pick Annie support and carry yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I second this.

    Annie support is so fun and she's the easiest support to carry with, IMO.
    Veigar is probably as easy if you know when to hit your wall and how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    How viable is Zilean support anyway? He felt really strong when I did a premade with some friends in normals.
    Horrible support, really. Especially against a team that goes in often or a combo against Blitz/thresh.

  11. #36051
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,099
    That said, a Yorick / Zilean botlane is hilarious.

  12. #36052
    Epic! Riboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boubouille's Ear.
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Leona easiest carry from support.

    Well, I guess she isn't exactly easy to play. But once you're good with her, she's unstoppable in solo queue.
    I feel like it's exactly the opposite. I play a pretty good Leona, but I can't for the life of me carry in solo queue. That's why I've switched to Annie as my main support now.
    With Leona, if you go in, you go all in. If your ADC don't follow, you're pretty much dead. I can't even count the amount of times I've gone in and my ADC just derps and don't follow.

    With Annie, if you go in, you stun them all up and can just run away, should your ADC not follow. Not to mention, you can actually kill people by yourself, if you've had a decent game.
    Also, 3-5 man stun is much easier to land as Annie, compared to Leona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

  13. #36053
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,622
    Jinx music video, holy shit I thought this was awesome.

    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

  14. #36054
    Pit Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Jinx music video, holy shit I thought this was awesome.

    That was cool. And I really dig that song, which I find a touch funny as I really didn't like Vi's theme song and they seem similar musically.

  15. #36055
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,099
    Very very cool.

  16. #36056
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

    riot please give lulu bigger arms
    lulu cant hold all these swords

  17. #36057
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    I've gotten matched with Diamond 1 players, and they're the worst of the bunch. "I'M FAKER SMURF, I GO RIVEN MID" *locks instantly*
    And then proceeds to go 14-14 against a Swain mid.
    Diamond V and Diamond I are just the lowest care levels in the world, it's so terrible :/
    The amount of elo boostees in diamond 5 too lmao, you'd think it was silver

  18. #36058
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,908
    Am i only one who thinks about tank girls when see jinx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  19. #36059
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Am i only one who thinks about tank girls when see jinx?
    LoL nnooppee, I was actually hoping that her alt skin on release would be Tank Girl it would have been glorious.

    plus that video is epic .
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  20. #36060
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,697
    For people with the League of Legends Serve AMEX Card: They will start charging a $1 monthly fee in December of this year. Residents of NY, TX or VT will not be charged a monthly fee. So unless you'll be able to keep direct deposits going (I think that waives the monthly fee), it's probably a good idea to use all the remaining funds on the card and cancel it.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-10-09 at 03:30 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •