Dont really understand how people like to build supports like Zyra as secondary AP-carries as with the lack of items you'll just be a squishy AP caster with lackluster damage :P

I prefer building a fast Aegis with tanky masteries and runes (+Dorans Shield on lane if against an AA champ like Cait or Ashe... not too good against Ezreal or Corki). This makes you able to take some punishment and actually make some ballsy plays instead of being afraid of getting one-shot all the time and hiding in the back-lines. And you'll last a bit longer in team-fights so you can actually do stuff past your initial combo.

Though if we are massively ahead I'll build a few AP items after finishing the Aegis... mainly Twin Shadow or Rylais. But usually you wont have any money with all the Oracles and Wards you SHOULD be buying. Usual core is upgraded Wardstone, Mobi boots, Aegis, Philo and Dorans Shield. Shurleya or Twin Shadow later on if the game drags on and I'm not forced to put 999999 gold into wards and oracles :P

I tried Annie but she didnt seem that good (though one of the reasons was that in every game I tried her there was a Kata in the enemy team so I was forced to sit on my stun until she ulted so I couldnt really make any plays). Maybe if I bought early Mobi-boots and roamed to Mid whenever I had the chance. It was fun to take off over 50% of their ADCs health early-game once you hit lvl6 in one combo, though. But she has the same problem as Zyra which is not having any gold to buy proper damage items so late-game (unless you are not buying any Wards/Oracles).
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-10-09 at 06:24 AM.

A Zyra support with Liandry's gives %damage poke through plants, it really adds up if there is a poke war going on. Other than that, either go full AP or just stick to support For Zyra, that item is a 1-item miracle worker, probably more significant than a lone deathcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    A Zyra support with Liandry's gives %damage poke through plants, it really adds up if there is a poke war going on. Other than that, either go full AP or just stick to support For Zyra, that item is a 1-item miracle worker, probably more significant than a lone deathcap.
    Overall, I find Liandry's to be a very underappreciated item. It's more questionable on champs with no single target attacks (Karthus, Orianna), but on champs with single target on at least one ability, I build it 100% of the time (unless it's an assassin. Then, burn damage really isn't that wonderful). I think Liandry's Brand and Cassiopeia are kinda broken.

With Zyra I generally get that Morellicni(blablabla) thing for the 20% CRD (and healing fuck up that every team has). This with W gives you 40% CDR already and it's super cheap (builds out of Kage's). Of course the sightstone, pinks and oracles, but besides that basically AP like Liandry's, mob or sorc boots. Then just peel for your carry basically, (low CD roots) while still doing a surprising amount of damage really.

That is Yoloqueue basically.

Annie is the same basically, you have like the 2nd longest AA range (pickpocket), you're a massive early game kill lane (if your ADC has a clue), a relative early RoA for example won't hurt you much and you can still get sightstone, oracles and wards. Imo playing Annie as a pure support cripples you massively as you don't bring anything except your stun every 4th spell. (though her Q has a really low CD). But that 1 tibber stun on half their team followed by W, Q and a 20% health stunned carry does.

In Yoloqueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    With Zyra I generally get that Morellicni(blablabla) thing for the 20% CRD (and healing fuck up that every team has). This with W gives you 40% CDR already and it's super cheap (builds out of Kage's). Of course the sightstone, pinks and oracles, but besides that basically AP like Liandry's, mob or sorc boots. Then just peel for your carry basically, (low CD roots) while still doing a surprising amount of damage really.
    I get max CDR from Locket of the Iron Solari + Shurleyas + maxed W myself :P

And I have no idea how people can build any other boots than mobility boots on a Support... it just makes Warding and getting from A to B so much faster.

I used to play a more "offensive" Zyra with 9/0/21 masteries and AP runes and building AP but after swapping to 1/13/16 masteries with defensive runes and building support/tanky items theres no going back to me at least :P You can bait and be ballsy when you make plays instead of being a squishy little plant-lady that does a bit more damage :P

Though I guess as Annie you want to build more offensive since you dont have the utility that Zyra has.

Just saw someone in a custom game in G1 with 18 wins. HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Just saw someone in a custom game in G1 with 18 wins. HOW?
    If it was 18 wins on summoners rift, they're a smurf account.

But worth noting that in the custom lobby, it displays your highest rank and wins - which includes teams. So if you're platinum with 10 games in 3v3 but bronze 5 with 500 wins in 5v5, it will display platinum (10 wins).
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

Just read the best analogy of how Ranked games are. Gave me a good chuckle.

Credit goes to Dread Pirate Arbuthnot of the Penny Arcade forums:
    Look I can describe ranked play in a really simple analogy

So you want to eat a cake, right, but you only have eggs. So you have to find four other people who have milk, sugar, a blender, and chocolate. But you show up, and the blender guy throws his blender to the ground and screams EGGS OR I FEED, and then the other three people start yelling at you to give up your eggs. Then you have to piece together the broken blender, and it's not really working properly, but you found some tape so it's working. Except the beaters are kind of wibbly wobbly now, so it isn't mixing the batter very well. The other four players start to scream at you for not blending the cake well enough, since that's your job, and then the milk guy has to go leave for 15 minutes because his mom just made dinner.

Are you understanding this so far? Ok good

So any ways once milk guy is back you have the cake, and its time to put it in the oven. The problem is that there are professional baking teams who just played a world baking tournament, so everyone wants to bake a cake like theirs. Even though your cake is chocolate, they want to cover it with icing meant for a vanilla cake, because that's what the Asian cake bakers do. You try to insist that your cake would be much better with chocolate icing, but they tell you to commit suicide. Finally, your shitty cake monstrosity comes out of the oven and it isnt even edible because of the whole process, and apparently cakes need more ingredients than just eggs and milk and chocolate.

Then you go into the post cake lobby and everyone unaminously agrees its your fault

Then you immediately hit the 'bake again' button and pray that this time you can just ADD THE GOD DAMN EGGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

That was quite hilarious to read, and also a good way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Jinx music video, holy shit I thought this was awesome.

Wow, so Ghost is the Shell.

What's the worst that can happen to you ...

LMFAO. Im talking to my little brother about how awesome that jinx video is, and then he says she reminds him of miley cyrus XD
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    LMFAO. Im talking to my little brother about how awesome that jinx video is, and then he says she reminds him of miley cyrus XD
    Not sure if sad for Miley or Jinx......

Stood in the Fire
    i literally just had the greatest vayne play i have ever done ever
    ill put it in the chat thread, it was just so dirty i felt the need to mention it

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    i literally just had the greatest vayne play i have ever done ever
    ill put it in the chat thread, it was just so dirty i felt the need to mention it
    I now wanna go to the chat thread just to see the play so good you felt like you needed to advertise it

Also.. Malzahar is pretty epic tried him because lolfreeweek and wwooww, if you can land your full combo, motherfuckers EXPLODE, even with the occasional wiffed Q, E>W>R will still fucking shred, especially with a Liandri's for extra %health damage.

Was I just against morons, or is Malz a decent pick for mid? Is he better than Fizz(who I'm currently saving for) especialy when you consider Fizz is getting looked at by riot (read, will be nerfed soon)?
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Dreadlord
    Malz has the problem that he constantly shoves the lane and has no escape from ganks once flash is down. + buying a early QSS shuts down his amazing burst, luckily most people don't even know that item exists so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Wohoo, Jinx is about to be released. Can't wait, looking at her kit I can tell I'll like her.

many jinx in ranked

many feed enemy

many LP lost T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    many jinx in ranked

many feed enemy

many LP lost T.T
    Just pray that you play on Purple Side and someone instalocks her as first pick. Then enjoy them flow of LPs!

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Just pray that you play on Purple Side and someone instalocks her as first pick. Then enjoy them flow of LPs!
    Baddies pick Jinx because of huge hype she created (and because of her splash art). I've met one even in 3v3 ranked game. Was fun to watch her unable to run from Olaf.
    Today is a snow day! Yay!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-10-10 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Baddies pick Jinx because of huge hype she created (and because of her splash art). I've met one even in 3v3 ranked game. Was fun to watch her unable to run from Olaf.
    Today is a snow day! Yay!
    But... I like Jinx.