1. #36241
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    The main thing that gets me about the CRS roster changes is that Aphromoo and Pobelter have a day to find an amateur team before rosters are locked for LCS relegation stuff. I don't want to judge without knowing all the facts, but from the outside it seems like a rather dick move to tell two players that they are on the team, and even update your website and have an announcement, then kick them stating they were trial members.

  2. #36242
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The main thing that gets me about the CRS roster changes is that Aphromoo and Pobelter have a day to find an amateur team before rosters are locked for LCS relegation stuff. I don't want to judge without knowing all the facts, but from the outside it seems like a rather dick move to tell two players that they are on the team, and even update your website and have an announcement, then kick them stating they were trial members.
    From an outsiders perspective it seems like they did it that way on purpose which is a completely dick move but mainly the fault of Riot for allowing something like that to happen. It would be easy for them to say you can't drop one week before you need final teams so that they would have had to drop them a week before thus allowing at minimum a week for them to try and team with someone else. For example Pobelter is still in high school and just turned 17. His schedule was certainly not hidden by any means. I think it's more that Curse knows the only way they can win is with Voy carrying and for Voy to carry it means he needs to play mid in the current meta. Voy certainly seemed stressed with the news coming out on his stream and it makes me think that he voiced his opinion to Liquid/Liquid knows that for them to compete Voy needs to play a carry role which just isn't top in the meta and it didn't dawn on Voy that this decision playing out would mean screwing over a 17 year old kid who thought he was going to play in the LCS. With Pobelter there he can't play mid but curse also thinks Pobelter is pretty good. Waiting until the last day makes it near impossible for them to find another team, which means Curse doesn't have to compete with them being on another team, making it easier for them as a whole and lets Voy settle into mid.

    With that all said there are ton of assumptions and guesses in that paragraph though that could all be completely wrong. From an outsiders viewpoint though that's the way I see it and from a business perspective it's smart of Curse but really really shitty. Their stated reason was he couldn't live in the house but how did they expect a high school student to live in the house to begin with?
    Last edited by refire; 2013-10-14 at 03:32 PM.

  3. #36243
    Just jumped from Silver IV to Silver II
    I guess i might reach Gold V before the season ends after all. Admitedly it might have been more possible if i actually played more games to begin with. Played a total of 41 ranked games now since i started in...April? March? With several friends whining that i should play more ranked :P
    The mermaid shall lead me to victory! ...unless some rusty scumbag takes her before i do, but that thankfully barely ever happens.
    Last edited by Tenhou; 2013-10-14 at 10:17 PM.

  4. #36244
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,562
    GL Tenhou in your quest for Gold before Hallowe'en.

    I'm the opposite: I've played 126 ranked games and am thoroughly rooted to the bottom of Silver 5. I'll get Gold eventually, but probably not before the end of the season.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  5. #36245
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Just jumped from Silver IV to Silver II
    I guess i might reach Gold V before the season ends after all. Admitedly it might have been more possible if i actually played more games to begin with. Played a total of 41 ranked games now since i started in...April? March? With several friends whining that i should play more ranked :P
    The mermaid shall lead me to victory! ...unless some rusty scumbag takes her before i do, but that thankfully barely ever happens.
    Good luck getting to Gold! Managed to get to gold v myself with janna. :3

  6. #36246
    So I've done my research on Shaco recently (again) and I've noticed in one guide a new build that really works quite well. I've always started with Doran's Blade for the most part because it really is strong on Shaco. As I was reading through this guide it never had a single jungle item on it and I thought (well that's weird), told me to rush tiamat, finish berserkers greaves and ravenous hydra... Sorry if I'm behind on the meta but Ravenous Hydra is the shit on Shaco, you basically make your early game even better than you think it could be.

    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/23153816#history

    Ignore the shitty Darius and support Nidalee game please.

    I'm not trying to say that Shaco is the new OP jungler but this build seriously, it's bullshit how good it is on Shaco.

    EDIT: Weird, lolking doesn't show that one of those games only lasted 16 minutes but defaults games to 25 mins.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  7. #36247
    I'd do IE first instead of Hydra. The burst you get is a lot higher than with Hydra due to the crit increase + dmg, then build Hydra and maybe LW if the squishes are going for armour.

  8. #36248
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'd do IE first instead of Hydra. The burst you get is a lot higher than with Hydra due to the crit increase + dmg, then build Hydra and maybe LW if the squishes are going for armour.
    I can see what you're saying though my biggest issue with not building any form of lifesteal early on Shaco is that he does get close and personal and being the squishy he is means he doesn't necessarily get out of fights on high health. I found that rushing an early RH is really good for jungle clearing too so that is also why I'd prefer to go with it earlier.

    Also the active on RH (or Tiamat) is just so damn good for dishing out early damage and Tiamat is nowhere near as expensive as rushing an IE.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  9. #36249
    I generally tend to get Shiv first (speed you want it, crit you want it, AS, you want it) The extra damage is magical, which most people don't build until mid/late game. It increases your damage buy tons (thanks to backstab crits), MS for better ganks and counterjungling, and starts making you a farm monster.

    Build a Tiamat afterwards and you're simply a splitpushing monster. Shiv DOES cost more gold, but Zeal is a lot better then any of the Tiamat recipes anyway.

    I would probably never rush an IE. Yes the damage it gives is phenominal, but the recipes are extremely expensive, and Shaco's main strength is his early game.

  10. #36250
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I generally tend to get Shiv first (speed you want it, crit you want it, AS, you want it) The extra damage is magical, which most people don't build until mid/late game. It increases your damage buy tons (thanks to backstab crits), MS for better ganks and counterjungling, and starts making you a farm monster.

    Build a Tiamat afterwards and you're simply a splitpushing monster. Shiv DOES cost more gold, but Zeal is a lot better then any of the Tiamat recipes anyway.

    I would probably never rush an IE. Yes the damage it gives is phenominal, but the recipes are extremely expensive, and Shaco's main strength is his early game.
    I love to just gank over and over with Shaco, yeah I farm the jungle sometimes but I try to find every opening I can. Mid lane is my favorite to gank because you can get into the lane pretty far and burst the enemy mid laner fast. Top kind of sucks because a lot of the meta is tanky and you have to gank early and that option isn't always available.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  11. #36251
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I love to just gank over and over with Shaco, yeah I farm the jungle sometimes but I try to find every opening I can. Mid lane is my favorite to gank because you can get into the lane pretty far and burst the enemy mid laner fast. Top kind of sucks because a lot of the meta is tanky and you have to gank early and that option isn't always available.
    Well I checked the guide and Tiamat (Hydras) as core could easily work too. Actually did not know that the on active from Tiamat resets your AA timer, which is huge since you have Attack, Active, Attack in about 0.5 seconds for burst. Has the advantage of lifesteal.

    Hmm, testing this shit tonight. Still have to train my Dorans Blade Shaco start a bit too so.

  12. #36252
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well I checked the guide and Tiamat (Hydras) as core could easily work too. Actually did not know that the on active from Tiamat resets your AA timer, which is huge since you have Attack, Active, Attack in about 0.5 seconds for burst. Has the advantage of lifesteal.

    Hmm, testing this shit tonight. Still have to train my Dorans Blade Shaco start a bit too so.
    Starting dorans is easy, it doesn't really even matter if you're half health after red, gank mid and you'll do more than enough damage either way.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  13. #36253
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Starting dorans is easy, it doesn't really even matter if you're half health after red, gank mid and you'll do more than enough damage either way.
    Well why be at half health if you could be at 90% health? Ganking mid and getting succesfully counterganked because you're at 50% health isn't quite ideal either.

  14. #36254
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well why be at half health if you could be at 90% health? Ganking mid and getting succesfully counterganked because you're at 50% health isn't quite ideal either.
    Well if you're a nub then you'll be at half health.

    Though there are some occasions where turret fear causes the enemy to go in the worst direction possible. I don't think you're really understanding how good doran's blade is, it's like being Vladimir Putin if that makes any sense to you.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  15. #36255
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,190
    Erm. You take zero damage from the first buff mob. You have smite and pots for second one. Why would you be @ 50% health?

    Another question - why go for Mid first instead of killing the enemy jungler at their second buff?

  16. #36256
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well why be at half health if you could be at 90% health? Ganking mid and getting succesfully counterganked because you're at 50% health isn't quite ideal either.
    I'm @ 90% health after both buffs starting dorans.

    I think you're doing something wrong friend.

  17. #36257
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Erm. You take zero damage from the first buff mob. You have smite and pots for second one. Why would you be @ 50% health?

    Another question - why go for Mid first instead of killing the enemy jungler at their second buff?
    Recently have been playing against fast clearers such as Udyr who I don't bother stealing red against because he'd fuck me. It varies on health, if you play your turrets right at red buff and swap aggro (there's a special trick) perfectly you'll retain near full health. Wait... Now that I think about it, it's probably because I steal red and then gank mid and then go for my red without smite which would leave me around half health and then I sometimes gank mid again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    I'm @ 90% health after both buffs starting dorans.

    I think you're doing something wrong friend.
    You don't owe me a skin. :P

    I'll let you off the hook.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if you have the RP guys and you want to play Shaco at a higher level, get the damn Masked Shaco skin, it's much harder for the enemy to notice his poofs in the fog of war.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  18. #36258
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Erm. You take zero damage from the first buff mob. You have smite and pots for second one. Why would you be @ 50% health?

    Another question - why go for Mid first instead of killing the enemy jungler at their second buff?
    He said it doesn't even matter if you're at 50% after 2nd buff (which I disagreed with). I just said I'm not used to starting Dorans Blade with Shaco as it DOES play a bit different in the beginning (as in your box has to tank, but you don't want it dead before it actually did damage, so you pretty much trade tank it for max box duration).

    I didn't mean to say that Dorans isn't viable. It's the best possible start, but it can be confusing to use if you're not used to it.

  19. #36259
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,190
    You don't drop one box. You drop 3. They will pretty much clear the entire buff by themselves. You do need to clear the minions, as the JitB won't do that.

  20. #36260
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You don't drop one box. You drop 3. They will pretty much clear the entire buff by themselves. You do need to clear the minions, as the JitB won't do that.
    I'm talking second buff. And I drop 4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •