Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just play Gragas support and max W
    make sure you have lulu jungle too

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    If your intention is to carry games from support, then getting kills in lane is something that you can bank on
    No. If the skill level between players is huge THEN you can expect a million kills. Otherwise in an even match-up where all players are non-retarded then kills shouldn't be happening left and right. Zoning happens 99 times more often than outright kills without jungler interference. Guess what? You taking those extra creeps with your carelessly placed Q and E's might tip the CS lead away form your ADC. Getting a few during lane happens but for them to make a significant change in your gold income you have to be taking more than reasonable amounts from your AD

I'm not passing up vision/denial to buy damage items
    Yes you are since you are spending gold towards damage items rather than greens and pinks

I usually do well in lane because of Zyra
    If you are consistently winning the lane without jungler shenanigans then it means you are playing against people that are worse than you in game or then don't play bot lane. In both cases you could be going AP Garen support without it drastically affecting the outcome.

then their support won't have enough gold to ward efficiently so spamming pinks and early oracles isn't as important
    This is when it's the most important time to spam pinks. A lane that lacks vision is a lane that loses dragon control and gets zoned/ganked

Also the extra health and stats from building actual items instead of vision makes you less of an easy kill target to just get focused and dead instantly
    First of all, you are Zyra. If you are getting "focused" and killed then you are either doing something terribly wrong or the enemy assassin is wasting shit on you instead of your AD. A situation where a teamfight cleanup would have required extra 200 hp happens so rarely that it's better to invest the little gold you have on vision.

It's not like I'm leaving my team in the dark by building Lyiandri's and it gives you a clear advantage in any smaller skirmish type teamfight especially when their support who probably doesn't have as much damage build as you is involved in.
    If you have Liandry at the time when small skirmishes happens then like I said, the game is already won and you could be stacking hurricanes for the difference it makes

Obviously I'll buy oracles if I see the enemy support warding a lot and getting help from other team mates but generally, I'll always work towards Lyiandri/Rylai's eventually and it sure does make a difference in fights.
    You should always prio Oracles over everything else and ESPECIALLY when the enemy already has limited vision. If they have to be facechecking every bush then eventually one will have your team and you will be taking free objectives

TL;DR Wards+Oracles>All

Pandaren Monk
    I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I don't feel the extra vision gained/prevented is as big of a deal especially in solo queue because most of the games I feel people don't take advantage of it. I've never lost a game and been like man if I had spammed Oracles/Wards/Pinks we would have had this easily. More than enough, I notice the extra damage. Maybe it's not as good for higher up play that people take advantage but low Diamond NA really isn't vision centric play and I feel the extra damage helps when you just have 1-2 useless team members because lolsoloqueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just play Gragas support and max W
    nah man cassiopia support out harrass zyra anyday with q
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I think I'll just keep playing support and try to carry more maybe with zyra. I just hate it when I get games where within like 12 mins the score is 1-10 usually top or mid just dies so much like theres nothing that I can do about that and its been annoying trying to rank up when I get games like this I just want to get to gold, I'd like to get plat I'm pretty sure I'm capable of it I just need teammates that don't die so much at the start.

A lot of people do focus Zyra on lane if she's not going for tanky masteries/runes as without those she is incredibly squishy.

When I was still running 9/0/21 with offensive runes the few times I semi-lost my lane was when they had something like Taric/Leona + Ezreal or something. Taric just flash-stuns-shatters me for 50% of my HP while the Ezreal also instantly jumps on me and bursts away. Pretty much dead during the stun, even if I wasnt THAT badly out of position :P

Now that I run 1/13/16 masteries and HP quints + armor reds and yellows I can actually act as bait and make ballsy plays without the fear of getting insta-gibbed. I usually buy a Dorans Shield on my first back (unless we failed and got left really behind) so that I can out-trade their ADC relatively easy.... Though I dont buy it against stuff like Ezreal and Corki as a lot of their damage comes from abilities and not just AAs.

I guess you could go more offensive with 9/0/21 + AP runes + Kages instead of Philo if you're against a non-scary support like Janna/Soraka.

And as far as buying damage/defensive items instead of mass-wards/pinks/oracles... You can get away with fewer pinks/oracles at Bronze/Silver/low Gold as most Supports at that level dont ward THAT much. But it varies a lot game by game.
    But as soon as I go play 5vs5 team-ranked against plats/diamonds I'm pretty much forced to use all my gold on Wards/Pinks/Oracles and even then it doesnt feel like I'm warding enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I think I'll just keep playing support and try to carry more maybe with zyra. I just hate it when I get games where within like 12 mins the score is 1-10 usually top or mid just dies so much like theres nothing that I can do about that and its been annoying trying to rank up when I get games like this I just want to get to gold, I'd like to get plat I'm pretty sure I'm capable of it I just need teammates that don't die so much at the start.
    I also hate it when that happens. But theres not much you can do about it. And luckily it doesnt happen THAT often.

And then theres times when it just happens constantly like in my case where I got 10 games worth of feeders and AFKers and went from 75LP in Silver 1 to 90 LP in Silver 2 That put me off from playing yolo-que for a while... Though I guess I'll have to heat up my engine again if I wanna get Gold in yolo-que before the season ends... Luckily got it covered in 5vs5 but still kinda want it in yolo-que as well.

Those 10 games made me rage so hard especially after being on a huge win-streak going from 0 LP Silver III to 75 LP Silver I in one weekend
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-10-14 at 06:20 AM.

who is keen to watch CJ frost vs SKT T1 tonight

also Cloudtempler retirement T.T
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

also Cloudtempler retirement T.T
    And that's another old timer League player gone, but at least he ended on a somewhat positive note.

In other news, Aphromoo and Pobelter have been released from Curse. While a reason hasn't been stated for Aphro's release, Pobelter got released due to not being able to play League and attend grade school at the same time.

EDIT: Following up on the Curse roster changes, Cop is back on the main roster at ADC, and word is Quas will be the replacement for Pobelter.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-10-14 at 08:18 AM.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Damn. I like Aphromoo =/

Last edited by Still Rampant Rabbit; 2013-10-14 at 10:22 AM.

Well ... I think it's time for Voyboy to sign up for Dig top lane trials. Pls.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The main thing that gets me about the CRS roster changes is that Aphromoo and Pobelter have a day to find an amateur team before rosters are locked for LCS relegation stuff. I don't want to judge without knowing all the facts, but from the outside it seems like a rather dick move to tell two players that they are on the team, and even update your website and have an announcement, then kick them stating they were trial members.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The main thing that gets me about the CRS roster changes is that Aphromoo and Pobelter have a day to find an amateur team before rosters are locked for LCS relegation stuff. I don't want to judge without knowing all the facts, but from the outside it seems like a rather dick move to tell two players that they are on the team, and even update your website and have an announcement, then kick them stating they were trial members.
    From an outsiders perspective it seems like they did it that way on purpose which is a completely dick move but mainly the fault of Riot for allowing something like that to happen. It would be easy for them to say you can't drop one week before you need final teams so that they would have had to drop them a week before thus allowing at minimum a week for them to try and team with someone else. For example Pobelter is still in high school and just turned 17. His schedule was certainly not hidden by any means. I think it's more that Curse knows the only way they can win is with Voy carrying and for Voy to carry it means he needs to play mid in the current meta. Voy certainly seemed stressed with the news coming out on his stream and it makes me think that he voiced his opinion to Liquid/Liquid knows that for them to compete Voy needs to play a carry role which just isn't top in the meta and it didn't dawn on Voy that this decision playing out would mean screwing over a 17 year old kid who thought he was going to play in the LCS. With Pobelter there he can't play mid but curse also thinks Pobelter is pretty good. Waiting until the last day makes it near impossible for them to find another team, which means Curse doesn't have to compete with them being on another team, making it easier for them as a whole and lets Voy settle into mid.

With that all said there are ton of assumptions and guesses in that paragraph though that could all be completely wrong. From an outsiders viewpoint though that's the way I see it and from a business perspective it's smart of Curse but really really shitty. Their stated reason was he couldn't live in the house but how did they expect a high school student to live in the house to begin with?
    Last edited by refire; 2013-10-14 at 03:32 PM.

Just jumped from Silver IV to Silver II
    I guess i might reach Gold V before the season ends after all. Admitedly it might have been more possible if i actually played more games to begin with. Played a total of 41 ranked games now since i started in...April? March? With several friends whining that i should play more ranked :P
    The mermaid shall lead me to victory! ...unless some rusty scumbag takes her before i do, but that thankfully barely ever happens.
    Last edited by Tenhou; 2013-10-14 at 10:17 PM.

GL Tenhou in your quest for Gold before Hallowe'en.

I'm the opposite: I've played 126 ranked games and am thoroughly rooted to the bottom of Silver 5. I'll get Gold eventually, but probably not before the end of the season.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/3/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Just jumped from Silver IV to Silver II
    I guess i might reach Gold V before the season ends after all. Admitedly it might have been more possible if i actually played more games to begin with. Played a total of 41 ranked games now since i started in...April? March? With several friends whining that i should play more ranked :P
    The mermaid shall lead me to victory! ...unless some rusty scumbag takes her before i do, but that thankfully barely ever happens.
    Good luck getting to Gold! Managed to get to gold v myself with janna. :3

So I've done my research on Shaco recently (again) and I've noticed in one guide a new build that really works quite well. I've always started with Doran's Blade for the most part because it really is strong on Shaco. As I was reading through this guide it never had a single jungle item on it and I thought (well that's weird), told me to rush tiamat, finish berserkers greaves and ravenous hydra... Sorry if I'm behind on the meta but Ravenous Hydra is the shit on Shaco, you basically make your early game even better than you think it could be.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/23153816#history

Ignore the shitty Darius and support Nidalee game please.

I'm not trying to say that Shaco is the new OP jungler but this build seriously, it's bullshit how good it is on Shaco.

EDIT: Weird, lolking doesn't show that one of those games only lasted 16 minutes but defaults games to 25 mins.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

I'd do IE first instead of Hydra. The burst you get is a lot higher than with Hydra due to the crit increase + dmg, then build Hydra and maybe LW if the squishes are going for armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'd do IE first instead of Hydra. The burst you get is a lot higher than with Hydra due to the crit increase + dmg, then build Hydra and maybe LW if the squishes are going for armour.
    I can see what you're saying though my biggest issue with not building any form of lifesteal early on Shaco is that he does get close and personal and being the squishy he is means he doesn't necessarily get out of fights on high health. I found that rushing an early RH is really good for jungle clearing too so that is also why I'd prefer to go with it earlier.

Also the active on RH (or Tiamat) is just so damn good for dishing out early damage and Tiamat is nowhere near as expensive as rushing an IE.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?