10+ Year Old Account
    So, I am just now starting to learn how to jungle, I just bought Hecarim, as I see him as being a decent jungle that isn't banned all the freaking time (looking at you Vi). ANy suggestions as to build order after Spirit of the Lizard Elder on him? Or suggestions to alternate junglers?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    So, I am just now starting to learn how to jungle, I just bought Hecarim, as I see him as being a decent jungle that isn't banned all the freaking time (looking at you Vi). ANy suggestions as to build order after Spirit of the Lizard Elder on him? Or suggestions to alternate junglers?
    As previously discussed, Warwick's a nice jungler, high sustain in the jungle and free ganks every minute or so.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Current meta junglers are Lee, Elise, Vi, Eve (sort of). They are meta for a reason.
    I PERSONALLY play Amumu, Cho, Naut, Mao (you can see the kind of jungler I like to be).
    It all just depends on your style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    After Elder Lizard you should get Trinity Force, it's a great item on him. After that I usually go full tank items(get boots ofc).

Alternative junglers? Vi, Elise, Volibear, Pantheon, Wukong.

Vi and Elise are very strong in this meta, as said before. Plus they have good CC to facilitate ganks.

Volibear is just really strong, specially in low Elos, people just don't seem to like him very much for some reason.

Pantheon is pretty strong too if you understand how his passive works and learn how to engage/gank using his ult.

Wukong does shitloads of damage and has one of the best teamfighting ultimates, specially if your team has a Yasuo.

Someone suggested Warwick but, to be honest, he's pretty weak and limited. All your CC is your ulti (which is basically a crappy version of Vi's) and you're very easy to kite, I honestly don't see how Warwick can be superior to Vi or even Udyr.

Also, people will eventually suggest you take Lee Sin but I'd recommend against it. You're just learning how to jungle and Lee Sin is extremely hard to master and is a champ that you do or die and will be extra hard to try to learn him while also learning all the subtleties of jungling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    After Elder Lizard you should get Trinity Force, it's a great item on him. After that I usually go full tank items(get boots ofc).
    Please don't. Hecarim is extremely gold dependent as is. Dropping 3.8k gold on something that doesn't give you any tankiness is just something you can not afford as a jungler. It's fine for Lane Hecarim or if you happen to be 10/0 by 5 minutes in. Otherwise, don't bother.

Amumu still is good. If you get a reset comp, you can even go Holy Hand Grenade, which is stupidly effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Please don't. Hecarim is extremely gold dependent as is. Dropping 3.8k gold on something that doesn't give you any tankiness is just something you can not afford as a jungler. It's fine for Lane Hecarim or if you happen to be 10/0 by 5 minutes in. Otherwise, don't bother.

Amumu still is good. If you get a reset comp, you can even go Holy Hand Grenade, which is stupidly effective.
    If you get fed enough, you can afford getting SotEL, but SotEL is early game item, and, you have to "guess" if you are going to get fed. Even implying that by increasing your damage, you increase your sustain (W heal), it is not reliable source of survivability. You'd better get SotAG and -10% AA damage/MS slow reduction boots to be about to witness enemy damage and ramp up your Q to two stacks, by doing that you will get much more DPS than by building damage items in early game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

Yes, you can. Unless your lanes are losing you can get Triforce and do shitloads of damage. Plus you don't need to go full item, you can just rush Sheen, get a Giant's belt, get Phage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can. Unless your lanes are losing you can get Triforce and do shitloads of damage. Plus you don't need to go full item, you can just rush Sheen, get a Giant's belt, get Phage, etc.
    Heca doesn't do shitload of damage with огые Triforce. Because he dies as soon as jumps in because lolignite. Building Heca in full damage is possibly only with afk farming jungle or on lane.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-02-09 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Heca doesn't do shitload of damage with огые Triforce. Because he dies as soon as jumps in because lolignite. Building Heca in full damage is possibly only with afk farming jungle or on lane.
    lol k

http://lolbuilder.net/hecarim

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/hecarim

10+ Year Old Account
    Appeal to authority much? These people are so skilled and experienced at playing Hecarim, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Lizard vs Ancient Golem is debatable. Either works. EL gives more sustain in the jungle because it amps your damage and thus returns more mana, solving one of Hecarim's problems.

AG is the safer bet though, I'll agree with that one.

- - - Updated - - -

If you appeal to authority, you might want to use a case where it actually helps your case for rushing TF. In each of those, TF was completed after building tank stats. You will also note a large amount of those games were losses.

Additionally, you are linking to (among others) Nightblu3, who is notorious for going hyper aggressive because he is an extremely selfish jungler. His mid laner will not get a single blue buff throughout the game in the vast majority of his games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you would think rushing Tri-force on Hecarim is a good idea unless insanely fed. Sure, it gives you a nice damage boost, but that isn't Hecarim's job. His job is to initiate fights and cause mayhem. Building the item is not bad, but don't rush it. Luxury item, buying a piece here and there. I like to sit on Sheen until I get 1-2 defensive items depending on how the game is going, and them sometimes I just buy IBG with it instead.

From what I could tell, the games where the pros rushed Tri-force they lost. I saw more wins without Tri-force even in the build than with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Appeal to authority much? These people are so skilled and experienced at playing Hecarim, right?

Appeal to authority? Do you even know what that means? Wtf?

I'm just showing you that people who are generally much better at this game than most of us build. You can go check any of the guides too.

Why that is any worse than "well, I think rushing Spirit Visage is better because the third hair down from my buttcrack told me so"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone suggested Warwick but, to be honest, he's pretty weak and limited. All your CC is your ulti (which is basically a crappy version of Vi's) and you're very easy to kite, I honestly don't see how Warwick can be superior to Vi or even Udyr.
    I'm pretty sure Warwick's easier to learn how to jungle with than Vi is...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    sure warwick is easier but hes really meh jungle prob better at top
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Maybe slightly but it's not like Vi is a very mechanically intensive champion and she has a better clearing and her ganks are easier to pull off, I think.

Deleted
    Well then, got into Silver 5 doing my first 10 matches.
    Just skipped a division into Silver 3, and it's already telling me I'll go to Silver 1 if I win 2 matches when I reach 100LP...

If I keep going like this I'll keep skipping divisions 4 and 2 right into Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Well then, got into Silver 5 doing my first 10 matches.
    Just skipped a division into Silver 3, and it's already telling me I'll go to Silver 1 if I win 2 matches when I reach 100LP...

If I keep going like this I'll keep skipping divisions 4 and 2 right into Plat
    Lolwhat, I didn't even know you can see what division you get into when you win your promos. I went to check mine out and it says I will go to division II, even when I'm at plat V at the moment? Sweet if it's showing it right

Deleted
    Oh the mighty matchmaking... don't ever place me with plats please. They play worse than silvers (me included).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I decided to theorycraft with Shaco and try some builds out and he's pretty much broken with the build I've tried. I'll keep it a secret so nobody else gets the same idea.
    Hey everyone