Since i felt the occasional masochism poking me at the back of my head, i went and visited the official forums, and i think i just found my anathema.Brb seppuku.
    Last edited by Xandemar; 2011-09-15 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Can't do ranked, as I'm not lvl 30 yet.
    I got Kayle and the skin as well without doing ranked games. Pretty sure that it's any 10 games. Lots of people I know have it. Unless it was a mistake and it was only meant for those who did ranked games.

I should probably pick up one of those that can actually snipe. I mean, sheesh, I'm doing it as Leona.
    Yes, I'm still leveling and tactics are non-existent, so that's not exactly any hall of fame thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I got Kayle and the skin as well without doing ranked games. Pretty sure that it's any 10 games. Lots of people I know have it. Unless it was a mistake and it was only meant for those who did ranked games.
    Just checked...we're talking about Judgement Kayle? I have that skin and definitely neither ever unlocked it nor did ranked matches last season...

People are saying it was any 10 games, even co-ops last season.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-09-16 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Just checked...we're talking about Judgement Kayle? I have that skin and definitely neither ever unlocked it nor did ranked matches last season...

Yeah, I've got the skin as well...

Funny thing is, I'm only level 29 and I've never bought Kayle herself. So either Riot fucked up or else Riot decided to do something very nice... without saying a word o.O
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Just won a game as 5 ADs...enemies all went banshee's veil...sigh....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    Guess we are watching different streams then. I'm almost solely watching the streams on Solomid.
    Same here. Mainly the featured ones. Don't you watch Dan, Reginald, Dyrus...?

Yup, I posted a statement (about 30 pages ago lol) where they said that everyone that did at least 10 matches (of all game modes except custom games) will get kayle + her new skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Emm, anyone who played more than 10 ranked games in season 1 got the "new" Ash... Kayle skin.
    its any 10 games normal, ranked, vs AI. you did any 10 games you got her and her skin.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Think about WoW: you need two things to tank - survivability and aggro. Cho'Gath keeps people slowed and silenced, he "generates threat" by doing that; Singed spreads the poison and flings people, he "generates threat" by doing that; Amumu has a very good AoE damage and has a stun, he "generates threat" by doing that; etc.

In case of Shen, you can simply ignore him in a team fight. What will he do? Throw you a 50 dmg sword? His taunt is so expensive that even stacking CD reduction to spam it doesn't worth it. (thank you, energy...)
    His passive is terrible. It requires you to stack HP (which reduces the motives for opponents to attack you) and requires you to be attacked (what did I just said? ) to be good.

Shen is a clear example of Riot Games lack of knowledge about game design.

Shen used to be ridiculously OP before Riot nerfed him. Granted it was some time ago but I remember watching Shen's pretty much solo games.

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    AD is nice, but I find AS (malady/Wit's end) have a huge impact as well.
    Thats what I call AD Teemo because the rest of the items I generally build are AD .

Just got my first penta kill today with Caitlyn. Team fight was breaking out in the dead center of the map, I came in behind from their jungle and picked off Annie and Twisted Fate before they even seen me, killed Xin during Amumu's ult, got Shen as he almost dashed out of range into the bushes and then ulted Talon after he came out of his ult.

Also anyone else like pretending they are from Brazil when a teammate starts bitching? I just started doing it, I find it hilarious.
    Last edited by Daviddishere; 2011-09-16 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    Just got my first penta kill today with Caitlyn. Team fight was breaking out in the dead center of the map, I came in behind from their jungle and picked off Annie and Twisted Fate before they even seen me, killed Xin during Amumu's ult, got Shen as he almost dashed out of range into the bushes and then head shotted Talon after he came out of his ult.
    congratulations pentas are really something, they're not as easy as some people think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had two pentas, one on teemo and one on Miss.
    gratz
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Deleted
    Shen has his own niche, just like every other tank. Is that so hard to get used to? =/
    So he can ruin a gank in earlygame and if his enemies are stupid he might be able to stop them for just as long as an Amumu ult. I wouldn't exactly call that a very nice niche considering how generally un-tanky tanks are earlygame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    So he can ruin a gank in earlygame and if his enemies are stupid he might be able to stop them for just as long as an Amumu ult. I wouldn't exactly call that a very nice niche considering how generally un-tanky tanks are earlygame.
    It can backfire, as well. He can ult in, to try and save someone, only for more of the enemies teammates coming in for the gank, destroying the shen shield, killing them, and then shen finds himself in the middle of a 1v3/4/5.

His taunt could use a small amount of range, feels so small it's hard to get more than 1-2 champions in it, even if they're all relatively close.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-09-16 at 08:12 AM.

If you don't think shen is good:
    l2p
    Mostly Zefie.

Deleted
    l2p
    Mostly Zefie.
    Considering to vote this for most informative post of the week.

Deleted
    l2p
    Mostly Zefie.
    Just saying that pretty much every situation I could pick Shen, I could pick a better tank for the job. His ulti pretty much requires your enemy to have overextended to make a significant difference, especially with that CD. Personally I say make his W scale down energy cost to 0 instead of cooldown and buff base values so he'll actually use it. (Outside of lanes)
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2011-09-16 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Just saying that pretty much every situation I could pick Shen, I could pick a better tank for the job. His ulti pretty much requires your enemy to have overextended to make a significant difference, especially with that CD. Personally I say make his W scale down energy cost to 0 instead of cooldown and buff base values so he'll actually use it. (Outside of lanes)
    Yeah his W does need work, I don't even skill it because he's a monster tank without unless I have to solo.

Well, just played another smurf game with my friend. Enemy garen has 3 warmogs, friendly veigar wasted about 15k gold and I'm trying to get him to just get DFG and he refuses. Enemy Karthus flashes on top of me every team fight and suicides to kill me because I'm the only one not feeding...

Yeah his W does need work, I don't even skill it because he's a monster tank without unless I have to solo.

Well, just played another smurf game with my friend. Enemy garen has 3 warmogs, friendly veigar wasted about 15k gold and I'm trying to get him to just get DFG and he refuses. Enemy Karthus flashes on top of me every team fight and suicides to kill me because I'm the only one not feeding...
    Just finished a game with a 0/13 Akali and 0/7 Taric.

YOUR COMPLAINTS ARE INVALID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    Same here. Mainly the featured ones. Don't you watch Dan, Reginald, Dyrus...?
    Mainly watch Choax, TRM, Dan Dinh and Reginald (Dyrus is hilarious but his stream quality is so bad) I still stick to what I previously said, all champions released after Orianna are barely, if ever played. Not considering Riven here as she is just released.