Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Interesting is the 'rise' on LB again, after staying dormant for a while, surely it is related to an item but which item that made LB shine again ?
    Nah, its just the meta really. They didn't nerf Zed, he just fell out of favor. LB does an incredible job of punishing the late game mid mages (Ziggs, Ori, etc) while being incredibly safe (double dash, slow/snare) and the ability to win early against the few early game oriented champions in mid (Lulu in particular).

There isn't a go-to item for her. You either see the mage-assassin build (DFG rush) or the normal mage build (grail/deathcap). With the DFG, she can delete someone. With the grail/deathcap, she's a little more survivable and can still delete someone (although much more difficult to do), but has a lot more teamfight presence.

I personally think she sucks. She doesn't scale well. She is about as fragile as Sona. Her cooldowns are incredibly prohibitive to actually dueling someone you can't instagib. She really requires you to win early or rely on a hypercarry ADC. She's the Renekton of mid lane without anywhere near the lane dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    She's the Renekton of mid lane without anywhere near the lane dominance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

maybe in wood V, but a good lb is a nightmare in lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    But you forget... if you pair him with a hyper carry (Vayne, Jinx, Trist), they literally cannot fight them outright. The hypercarry will get their farm and be stupidly safe. He negates Caitlyn completely and she's one of the few consistent ways to stop the hyper carries. His disengage is also Nami level.

Sure, you might be able to irritate him in lane with a Sona or something, but he gets tankier... there's only so much she can do on a support's budget. Also, a ton of the poke supports are really squishy and, if he gets a Q on someone, you win. Instantly. They either back off until it expires or they get stunned and killed while you laugh at their pitiful attempts to finish off that last 5 hp on the adc for 5 seconds.
    You realize Caitlyn is probably the best ADC to pick AGAINST him. Braum can only take so much damage in lane before he will have to back. His shield is not cheap on mana and even then the CD is long at early ranks. If he is spamming it you just force him back early and take their tower or kill the ADC if he was stupid enough to stay there alone. Cait, Lucian, and Ezreal are the best picks against him. He either has to let poke through or run out of mana to stop it. Either way you win lane.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

I think LB rise is related to Lich Bane nerf, which made other APs fall a little who used LB to increase their dmg a good chunk, as for Zed fall, Zed fell way before LB rise, and that was because of his nerfs too

@Nasus nerf: Yes they did nerf ( a good nerf ) his W range and his ulti no longer increase his W range, and since Nasus is heavy to kitting, that is really annoying nerf

Eh, they really need to just rework Panth. Spear Throw has almost no counterplay associated with it (Run him out of mana unless he's dumb enough to build a tear), targetted stuns are dumb (Although displacement will counter both the stun and damage, putting the ability on cd, but I doubt most people have the reflexes to reliably pull it off), and pre-bugfix he had "I drop in from a lane away and BAM insta-stun!" Them fixing the bug shows just how much power he had in a gimmicky playstyle, and it doesn't make up for the other old design nonsense in the rest of his kit.

That being said, I don't understand why people get angry when rito comes out with a new skin for a champ, then either nerf or buff them. I screw around with non-meta champs in unrankeds and do really well trashing scrubs who've never seen Swain/Vlad/Quinn top, etc. In rankeds, I suppose I can see it, but you should already have multiple champs in each role you play.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Any advice for someone who will shortly be starting ranked solo que primarily as support?
    I feel I ward well and build well with a full rune page for suppprt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Any advice for someone who will shortly be starting ranked solo que primarily as support?
    Don't call people autistic.

Also don't flame jungle when he doesn't gank by calling him autistic.

When your Fizz doesn't roam, don't call him autistic.

When bot lane determines the game not in your favor, don't call them autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Don't call people autistic.

Also don't flame jungle when he doesn't gank by calling him autistic.

When your Fizz doesn't roam, don't call him autistic.

When bot lane determines the game not in your favor, don't call them autistic.
    Wow, your advice is so helpful and thoughtful. /s

@Sparkeee: I haven't played ranked in awhile but basically just go into matches focusing on doing well yourself and not worrying about whether or not someone else messes up. I think also going in with the mindset to learn to get better with help you out more than wanting to win. Most importantly, try and have fun!

If you're up against someone who does better than you, take time to watch what they are doing. Where are they warding? How are they laning? What are they building? You could also give a looksee at some of the pro's pages/streams. See what you can learn/incorporate into your play. Good luck!

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Here's a good chanel, he got some good guides on ward placement, champion playstyles etc. He also tries out some unortodox picks for fun, and he's not too bad to listen to:
    impaKt youtube

Also @ Duronos, why are you so butthurt about the autistic conversation on the vent thread? Because you're "the only one who took it as a joke"?
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

It really does hurt a lot when one has autism and see people treat it as some form of brain disease that makes people "retarded".

Especially when you have it yourself and your friends makes fun of it.
    Last edited by Grading; 2014-05-16 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

maybe in wood V, but a good lb is a nightmare in lane.
    It has more to do with the fact that a lot of her opponents are more safe than those that would be top. LB's gapcloser is a good chunk of her damage, so she can't really get to you too easily if you're miles away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Here's a good chanel, he got some good guides on ward placement, champion playstyles etc. He also tries out some unortodox picks for fun, and he's not too bad to listen to:
    impaKt youtube

Also @ Duronos, why are you so butthurt about the autistic conversation on the vent thread? Because you're "the only one who took it as a joke"?
    I was making a point while exaggerating at the same time, I just used the word because it was fresh in my mind from that hilarious vent thread post. Basically I was saying "don't flame your team".

I often make points in a joking manner to keep it lighthearted.

Didn't really sound joke sorry
    Anyway, if u want to start solo q, try at least learn 3 roles well, not perfect, but well enough to not screw it up, and by 3 roles i don't mean learn how to play top as Nasus and done, u need multiple champs, prefer champs that don't get countered by same enemy (don't for example play top as Nasus and Jax, only to see enemy pick Renekton and u are out of options, learn Jayce/Nasus is good combo and I can't name a champ who counter both in same time top)

As for support, support isn't ward heavy duty like earlier seasons, actually support can play main tank now so getting Omen or Banshee can be more critical/important to ur team than getting ward (depend on ur and enemy team of course)
    1 page for support isn't enough, if u use same page for Leona and Lulu, you doing something very wrong here (I have page for Leona, 1 Thresh, 1 Lulu) both play very different
    You must be clear early game with ur ADC, u will play aggressive or passive, he can pick tristana and clear waves while u see for example enemy pick Leona support and u playing Thresh and want a passive early game (Thresh is one of weakest champs early game, i know some will say get runes etc, but enemy can get runes too), also Thresh can play aggressive, don't try it with Leona
    Last tip, try to always pick a support that counter enemy support, they pick Leona pick Lulu, they pick Thresh pick Nami, support role is more of screw enemy bot lane than anything else, yes u can screw by playing passive, i said play passive not dead, if they over extend under tower time to punish them badly

Riot's solution to toxicity. Chat ban everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Riot's solution to toxicity. Chat ban everyone.
    They should just make it so saying bad words are replaced by nice things

Typing "you suck" becomes "you rock"
    "youre a fag" becomes "youre a pro"

which would mean saying something like "suck my dick fag" is now "rock my world, pro"

IT CANT FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

which would mean saying something like "suck my dick fag" is now "rock my world, pro"

IT CANT FAIL
    I honestly really love this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

IT CANT FAIL
    Needs more emotes, imo. Or better yet, riot needs to make it possible for images to somehow be written in chat so these could end with like a fabulous unicorn or poro picture. Just imagine it!

High Overlord
    http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/ne...r/tribunal-oce
    Tribunal coming to Oce soon! Am very excite for this. Hopefully they can make the penalty's and responses as quick as they want, it hurts to see some toxic players in the very next game after they've been abusing people non-stop

I've decided that Orianna is the only legitimate non-assassin mid able to carry a game in low MMR. I got 3 man ganked at level 8 before I'd even gone back and I took one down with me. She can literally 100-0 multiple people if she positions her ball correctly and her ability to chase/kite is amazing.

The other non-assassin mids? Ziggs can do some good poke, I guess and his aoe late game is tremendous, but he's still super squishy and offers little CC. Nidalee can win games if your team gets a lead, but she can't get that lead too easily herself. Lulu just doesn't scale well enough into the late game to be much of a threat (she can carry through CC, so she's barely behind Orianna in my opinion).

Even some assassin mids can't carry games because very few can actually 1v5.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lets not make it into league vs dota thread, shall we? It's two different games, and anyways League have more common with Smite than with dota nowadays
    We can't compare. Dota is obviously superior in every possible way. So let's not.