Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lets not make it into league vs dota thread, shall we? It's two different games, and anyways League have more common with Smite than with dota nowadays
    We can't compare. Dota is obviously superior in every possible way. So let's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    We can't compare. Dota is obviously superior in every possible way. So let's not.
    Oh snap...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Inorite. We wouldn't want to hurt the dotafanbois feelings. Be like kicking a disabled cat around.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    As for support, support isn't ward heavy duty like earlier seasons, actually support can play main tank now so getting Omen or Banshee can be more critical/important to ur team than getting ward (depend on ur and enemy team of course)
    1 page for support isn't enough, if u use same page for Leona and Lulu, you doing something very wrong here (I have page for Leona, 1 Thresh, 1 Lulu) both play very different
    You must be clear early game with ur ADC, u will play aggressive or passive, he can pick tristana and clear waves while u see for example enemy pick Leona support and u playing Thresh and want a passive early game (Thresh is one of weakest champs early game, i know some will say get runes etc, but enemy can get runes too), also Thresh can play aggressive, don't try it with Leona
    Last tip, try to always pick a support that counter enemy support, they pick Leona pick Lulu, they pick Thresh pick Nami, support role is more of screw enemy bot lane than anything else, yes u can screw by playing passive, i said play passive not dead, if they over extend under tower time to punish them badly
    By rune 1 rune page i mean i have 1 page dedicated to the likes of thresh leona and braum, whilst my mid/AP page can be used for my morgana and any AP supps i buy in the near future.

Peoples thoughts on who is better to both support AND mid, Karma or Lulu? (i have enough RP for 1 of them at the minute).

Lulu is stronger mid than karma is, but karma is stronger support than lulu is (at least in lane). Either work fine in both positions, but lulu is probably slightly stronger overall.
    "Why make trillions when we could make... billions??"

I can't believe Pwyff is getting death threats over the Pantheon bug fix. That's just out of hand.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...antheon_nerfs/

I mean, League has a pretty toxic community, but directing all of your anger and hatred at one guy (the wrong guy, even) just because he takes the time to talk to players is pretty stupid.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Shit's serious yo, think about all Panth players, think about NB3, oh lord.

Excuse me, are you saying something? Nah, you can't tell me nothing

Did Jax get buffed or something? He felt hella stronger compared to the last time i laned against him (which was like 3-4 months ago).

Might just be my imagination though, since i havent played toplane in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Did Jax get buffed or something? He felt hella stronger compared to the last time i laned against him (which was like 3-4 months ago).

Might just be my imagination though, since i havent played toplane in ages.
    He was always extremly strong, only thing that kept him in line was Renekton, who was nerfed recently.

I always hated Jax and now i'm happy to ban him every chance I get.

Yeah i dont like him either. He became a freaking raidboss with botrk, TF and a giant's belt. Ended up winning anyways though, since he didnt really do much in teamfights for some reason.

Jax doesn't really contribute in teamfights. He's better off splitpushing/forcing duels, or running clean up. If he jumps in after the initiate, he still gets blown up, and his peel is pretty lacking. However, 1v1 or even 2v1, he's a monster.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

I'm back on the throwing spree, there isn't a worse feeling in the world than to throw a game you've have a lead early with stupid mistakes late game

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I can't believe Pwyff is getting death threats over the Pantheon bug fix. That's just out of hand.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...antheon_nerfs/

I mean, League has a pretty toxic community, but directing all of your anger and hatred at one guy (the wrong guy, even) just because he takes the time to talk to players is pretty stupid.
    I don't think it was over the bug fix, I think it was over the proposed changes (makings his ult range the same as Noc's ult, ect) that are going/ were on the pbe awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't think it was over the bug fix, I think it was over the proposed changes (makings his ult range the same as Noc's ult, ect) that are going/ were on the pbe awhile ago.
    It was over the bug fix. You could've just read the link provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Jax doesn't really contribute in teamfights. He's better off splitpushing/forcing duels, or running clean up. If he jumps in after the initiate, he still gets blown up, and his peel is pretty lacking. However, 1v1 or even 2v1, he's a monster.
    If he runs in after the fight is essentially over, though... its an easy cleanup multi-kill for him. He's incredible at demolishing squishy targets instantly. I can kill any ADC before my E stun wears off once I get blade and TF. Once he gets Randuins and GA (usually around the 35 minute mark, sometimes a little later), he is as obnoxious to kill as any full tank while doing stupid amounts of damage.

Fnatic pls

I dont get the Jax ban obsession either. I dont think Ive ever banned him as theres no reason to. I see a lot more champions flat out take over more than Jax does. Especially when top lane (imo) isnt that impactful these days. Ya he can jungle but Id be a lot more scared of Warwick, Udyr, etc than Jax

- - - Updated - - -

Who are some good top lanes to take when selecting first (besides Renekton/Ryze). Cause the ones I play normally (Trundle/Nasus) are not smart unless you know what your opponent is first. Is there anyone else thats pretty safe like maybe Rumble Darius Fiora Riven? I wouldve put Jax but hes banned 99% of the time

Shyvana is the safest you can get top lane. Top laners are actually pretty counter dependent. You either get the late game monster that gets demolished early by Renekton (Nasus, Jax), the early game champ that falls off late (Lee Sin, Renekton) or the semi late game champ that can play incredibly safe for the majority of the game (Shyvana, Ryze)

Fnatic pls

Shyvana and Trundle are pretty safe picks. Shyvana tends to get pushed into her turret early, but you quickly scale up and become tanky from your passive while doing stupid amounts of damage. She does well against renekton and can farm from a distance with her E if she does start to get behind from jungle pressure or something. Though she doesn't do as well in lanes where the other person has ranged autos and strong disengage, like kennen.

Trundle destroys almost everyone in even 1 on 1 fights, in particular bruisers. With his ult and Q he just out bruisers them and it's not even a fair fight. I don't play him as much as shyvana, but I would think he would do poorly against people with ranged autos if they harassed well.

I wouldn't really say Darius is a safe pick for top lane. He is a huge lane bully that out damages basically everything but he has some huge flaws. He lacks any form of mobility and is a huge gank magnet. However, his damage is absurd in the early game and if you build a bit of damage he plays a bit like an assassin in the mid game. The late game is not as kind to him though. If you are not farmed or have kills you become a flash apprehend damage sponge bot. His late game relies almost completely on having an advantage over the other person and he will be outscaled by most top laners. That being said, it is oh so very easy to crush people in lane with him.

I would recommend shyvana though. She is very safe, scales pretty well and is an all around good pick .

What about Fiora? Ive been interested in learning her but I dont wanna learn someone that is only successful in certain matchups/comps. I want someone that can dominate top lane somewhat consistently.

And I think Trundle gets countered pretty hard by Teemo, even moreso than Nasus imo. I wouldnt pick Trundle against other APs like Elise, Vlad, Rumble either.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    What about Fiora? Ive been interested in learning her but I dont wanna learn someone that is only successful in certain matchups/comps. I want someone that can dominate top lane somewhat consistently.

And I think Trundle gets countered pretty hard by Teemo, even moreso than Nasus imo. I wouldnt pick Trundle against other APs like Elise, Vlad, Rumble either.
    I think she's better mid than top, too many dickbreak champions who just wreck her. All the main bruisers -should- beat her at least in mid you can dominate mages with not a ton of mobility. Honestly, if you're maining top at Gold it really doesn't matter what you pick as long as you do well on it. I'd suggest trying out Aatrox if you want an all around solid top laner. Everything you lose to can be mitigated by just farming and playing safe, sustaining with W, ect. Hydra / Randuins / Visage + situational items and you'll be a team fight monster who can split push and 1v1 almost anyone in the game providing they aren't super fed. If you're looking for the most consistent top champ it's Renekton every day of the week. There's not 1 matchup I personally feel is a losing one for him especially because you can punish mistakes hardcore.

If you can play her, AD Nidalee top is a bitch to deal with for pretty much anyone. She's not too hard but you're kind of useless to the team if the game ever gets to the team fight phase. Also if you first pick her most people will assume it's Nid mid and won't worry about trying to pick someone that counters her. I honestly don't even really know what counters her since she punishes a lot of melee tops and once you're 6 you can safely disengage from their gap closers with cougar bullshit. Frozen Fist, Randuins, Spirit Visage are all good items on her. CJ Flame used to build BotRK on her too which seemed like it could be cool for 1v1ing. Mainly, you'll split push all game. But overall it really doesn't matter what you play as long as you don't lose your lane on a regular basis. And even if you do, as long as you learn something from it and keep a level head you'll improve. There's so many people who play primarily 1 champion and just spam games on them no matter the matchup. The more you learn about the champ, the easier counter picks become. Also Jayce is another safe pick you can go with if you're comfortable playing that type of champion. I woulden't focus too much on counter picks unless you're blind picking Fizz or something. You eventually just learn how to beat them and it can be too mentally taxing to worry about every game. Put's you behind from the getgo if you think you're gonna lose based on what champ they picked rather than if they are good at the game or not!

tldr: Jayce, Aatrox, AD Nidalee
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-05-18 at 07:20 AM.