Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Tanks without threat can't tank. You might have fun with Shen, you might win a lot with Shen, but he can't tank. Actually, I played AD Shen yesterday and it worked way better than tank build.
    Also played AD Shen yesterday, he has a lot of hidden damage. Of course, I had soraka janna and taric on my team, too...

Tanking in LoL is artificial. If you run in first you will be focused. Shen has an AoE taunt, he can tank. That's really the end of it. No tank offers a reason to be focused, they take WAY less damage than carries and do much less as well. Any intelligent player completely ignores tanks, that difference is, that isn't always an option when they run into a 1v5 and taunt your entire team, causing just enough CC for their team to sit on the edge and unleash hell. Rammus does this with powerball and a taunt on your carry, Galio does this with a flash AoE taunt, Shen can do this with his flash/taunt combo in shadow dash. If two seconds of free action on a carry or two isn't enough time to make kills, your carries are doin' it rong.

Speaking of runes, why would anyone use attack speed? It just doesn't seem worth the slots to give you an extra one attack every ten seconds...especially when 400g can match it...
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-09-16 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of runes, why would anyone use attack speed? It just doesn't seem worth the slots to give you an extra one attack every ten seconds...especially when 400g can match it...
    I believe it's mostly used by junglers to speed it up a bit, don't see any other use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I believe it's mostly used by junglers to speed it up a bit, don't see any other use for them.
    Even for junglers, like nocturne who really does rely on his speed, you get an extra like four auto attacks in the course of your entire route? Maybe cut off two seconds? >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    Getting a RoA as your third item is a risky move.
    In most games you won't get the full potential out of it, unless you are doing really well and getting alot of kills and assists.

It would probably be more beneficial to get RoA after Sorc boots and then go for a Rabadon if you really want to include RoA in your build.
    I always do this aswell, RoA third. you pretty much just get the early catalyst for both mana and survivability. lane staying power basicly.
    then i always go boots of speed > needlessly large rod > sorc boots > finish deathcap. Then get the RoA. If I can continuously get the blue and keep it on me 80+% of the time, I will go tear of the goddess and keep it there, then going void staff and zhonya's, finishing archangels last. If I can't keep the blue up often due to jungle jarvan or amumu who needs it. I will finish archangel asap, then getting zhonya's, ending with void staff (IF they are naabs and buy 0 MR, i will either replace this with an Abyssal scepter for some nice AP/MR/Mr reduction, or Will of the Ancients, spell vamp is always nice and it can get you up pretty fast if you farm a giant wave of minions with your R). I tend to grab void staff aswell cause I use flat ap runes for the early game dominace. 35 AP at level 1 even with a sapphire crystal is pretty nasty =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    What's bad about 5v5 that you need only 1 clueless feeder and you're pretty much doomed and there is ALWAYS some hero that have no idea what team work nor retreat means. The more people the bigger mess, that's why i prefer 3v3 since day 1. Plus games are faster and more fun imo.

Roll with Jax and Tryndamere.. they're both sick in 3v3, or similar combo, you can 2v3 most of the teams easily if you know what you're doing.. +he does some dmg and supports too.
    Yeah, I know, we have a usual combo for 3v3 and we would have probably won 2vs3 with it, but we actually wanted to try something new and just train with champs we usually dont play in 3s. Meh, whatever, 2 loses, idc, I'm just glad we soon can start 3 ranked again.

Shen never offered a reason to be focused, how does that make him a good tank?
    Shen wasn't OP, he was played when Randuim's was OP, so he could dash and slow the entire team. Shen never was a good tank.
    believe me, Shen was OP at one point. He was best pick for a time and thus got nerfed like this (into "oblivion" kinda). I don't know how good the new one is, but I sure hope he's at least a little bit better again...

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    AD/lvl or flat AD? AD/lvl gives more but...
    Flat AD should give you something about 9.5 AD which scales up with your next item to 10. It's mainly for early game and thus AD/level isn't really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Yeah, junglers (especially Udyr) benefit most of it. It also can be useful for some solo laners, just for the sake of easier last hitting.

And holy shit, I quoted much now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Even for junglers, like nocturne who really does rely on his speed, you get an extra like four auto attacks in the course of your entire route? Maybe cut off two seconds? >_>
    It's much more than that. Scales with your w, your passive, any lifesteal you get, etc

Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    Flat AD should give you something about 9.5 AD which scales up with your next item to 10. It's mainly for early game and thus AD/level isn't really worth it.
    10AD on quintessence only? It gives 2.25 AD... or do you use more?! :P
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    10AD on quintessence only? It gives 2.25 AD... or do you use more?! :P
    Ah shit I confused something. sorry ^^

I extra started lol now to look at the numbers:

I have 6 Red ARpen marks = 10 arpen
    3 AD quints and 3 AD marks = around 10 AD
    (yellow armor, blue either mres or attack speed, depending on which char I play)

works for solo top/jungle, with some ranged carries too

10+ Year Old Account
    No tank offers a reason to be focused, they take WAY less damage than carries and do much less as well. Any intelligent player completely ignores tanks...
    That's because a lot of people don't know how to build tanks. I remember seeing Reginald destroying people with old Zhonya Amumu, exactly because "inteligent" people ignored him - "Amumu is a tank, don't attack him" - but he has a high AoE damage that couldn't be ignored.

That's why bruisers are so popular currently, because they can manage threat/damage way better than the current pure tanks.

believe me, Shen was OP at one point. He was best pick for a time and thus got nerfed like this (into "oblivion" kinda). I don't know how good the new one is, but I sure hope he's at least a little bit better again...
    Believe me, top players make mistakes too. I can mention a hundred examples of characters that people believed to be OP characters in various games and they actually weren't, it was just lack of technology/game knowledge. Riot patches the games so fast that players don't even have time to learn how to adapt to certain things. Shen was one of those things.

Deleted
    Believe me, top players make mistakes too. I can mention a hundred examples of characters that people believed to be OP characters in various games and they actually weren't, it was just lack of technology/game knowledge. Riot patches the games so fast that players don't even have time to learn how to adapt to certain things. Shen was one of those things.
    It's not top players. Everyone could play him powerful because of his old ultimate Together with his KI strike, his old ultimate and early Atmogs-stacking (he was one of the first champs where people did that) he decided games alone. Nerfs are almost always for a reason, and with nerfs like this you see where they are coming from (Morde is the next champ on the "nerfed to nothing" list, apparently)

That's because a lot of people don't know how to build tanks. I remember seeing Reginald destroying people with old Zhonya Amumu, exactly because "inteligent" people ignored him - "Amumu is a tank, don't attack him" - but he has a high AoE damage that couldn't be ignored.

That's why bruisers are so popular currently, because they can manage threat/damage way better than the current pure tanks.
    Fighters are popular because the meta game revolves around AP carries, and fighters are the one type of champion that can take their combo standing and still kill them in relative speed. An AD carry just falls over dead and a tank they just walk away from. If you go back and play on a smurf account this becomes ever so obvious, as a carry like Ashe you will do next to zero damage all game, as a carry like Annie you'll be getting penta kills, and as a fighter like Renekton you'll be killing pentakill annies.

Anyway, Amumu has decent damage, but his W has pretty terrible range, all things considered.

HAI GUYS I"M GONNA TANK NOW I"M GONA TANK THIS SHIT UP!And then proceeds to be useless in lane,feeds,says idiotic things like:"Lucker" "Bot OP" GG Warwick gee fucking gee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Tanking in LoL is artificial. If you run in first you will be focused. Shen has an AoE taunt, he can tank. That's really the end of it. No tank offers a reason to be focused, they take WAY less damage than carries and do much less as well. Any intelligent player completely ignores tanks, that difference is, that isn't always an option when they run into a 1v5 and taunt your entire team, causing just enough CC for their team to sit on the edge and unleash hell. Rammus does this with powerball and a taunt on your carry, Galio does this with a flash AoE taunt, Shen can do this with his flash/taunt combo in shadow dash. If two seconds of free action on a carry or two isn't enough time to make kills, your carries are doin' it rong..
    Know who is actually a very good tank and has a great "taunt"? Wukong.
    Nimbus Strike into 3 of the enemy champs and ultimate them, it paints a huge "focus this guy" sign when he ultimates. Wukong's passive is pretty good for a tank too.

What can i do in games like this. Im level 30 200+ wins 50~ ranked games played.

The brand didnt say one word the entire game, he didnt know how to stun, he bought no magic resist after dying 10 times to annie mid. The rest of the team was just as bad but luckily they didnt feed as much.

I was solo top vs galio( i killed him twice in lane) i tried ganking mid a few times (our jungler was pretty terrible) but when i asked him to set up a stun on annie there was no reply.

Games like this make me wonder why I play this game, its just 40 minutes of my life wasted thanks to some Lol player who appears semi brain dead.
    Last edited by Robo; 2011-09-16 at 08:36 PM.

How do you not go 10-0 as warwick =/
    I win like 80% of my games as him, and the games I lose I'm still almost always positive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    <snip>
    Next time you want to edit your own name out of a photo, do it for the rest of the team too.

Also: Bought Cass, holy crap that Q has annoying hit box and aiming

10+ Year Old Account
    Save up for Runes, buy Singed or buy Jax? What say ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    What level are you?!

If ~19 I'd say save a bit for runes
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

What I did was save up all the IP I got while getting to 30, and buying 3 full runepages of level 3 runes first.
    After that I started spending IP on champs, but seeing as how runes affect certain champs by a large margin early game, I feel they are more important.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    17 currently. Nearly 18.

Deleted
    17 currently. Nearly 18.
    Buy Jax.
    Buy runes for Jax.
    ????
    Pubstomp to 30