15+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys I did it! No deaths in aram. Went 16/0/37 as Ashe, screw items, I was snowballing from just leveling. I am finding Targon's Brace is super strong in aram, gives you and your buddy health and gold each? Though mine just went to waste.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...1?tab=overview

I think I am going to bed now, maybe watch a movie and see if I can stay up for the match. I want to end on a good note. But is there a gold cap?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay guys I did it! No deaths in aram. Went 16/0/37 as Ashe, screw items, I was snowballing from just leveling. I am finding Targon's Brace is super strong in aram, gives you and your buddy health and gold each? Though mine just went to waste.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...1?tab=overview

I think I am going to bed now, maybe watch a movie and see if I can stay up for the match. I want to end on a good note. But is there a gold cap?
    Relic Shield? On a champ like Ashe, you are better off going for pure damage, in ARAM, start with 2 Dorans Blades(for damage and life steal), Boots of Speed, and 2-3 health potions. Relic shield is more of a support item, especially when upgraded to Face of the Mountain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Relic Shield? On a champ like Ashe, you are better off going for pure damage, in ARAM, start with 2 Dorans Blades(for damage and life steal), Boots of Speed, and 2-3 health potions. Relic shield is more of a support item, especially when upgraded to Face of the Mountain.
    I mean I guess, Usually I go with a gold income item because it takes me so long to get back to the shop. I mean it is nice to get a little extra health and damage, but I just think the gold income and healing is just stronger because it do not only effect you but also your team mates. Once I actually stating to get good items ill just trade it in to get a core item.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I mean I guess, Usually I go with a gold income item because it takes me so long to get back to the shop. I mean it is nice to get a little extra health and damage, but I just think the gold income and healing is just stronger because it do not only effect you but also your team mates. Once I actually stating to get good items ill just trade it in to get a core item.
    You are better off starting with damage and sustain for the double Dorans. You get more gold from kills/assists so you should focus on damage. Gold isn't everything, you want kills so your teams gets more gold and snowballs. Kills also gets your turrets and the inhibitor which wins you the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    lucian is 100% ban for me so stupidly broken
    Yeah I always ban Lucian, to strong.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Yeah I always ban Lucian, to strong.
    I dislike people that ban Lucian. Mainly because I will usually tear shit up with him :P. He is rather broken though, but I love it. Pair up with a hard CC engage like Leona, and you just destroy the enemy bot lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    One important thing to remember, as you get closer and closer to Gold it becomes much harder to abuse Heimer, because the players are smarter (usually). Bronze is probably the only rank where cheesing will consistently win you games. Silver it's still possible, but since Silver is the rank where most players start the skill level of your team and your opponents can change dramatically from game to game. You also have two kinds of players in Silver who actually belong there, the smart but mechanically bad, and the stupid but mechanically good. Compared to Bronze where everyone is just bad/learning the game, you may find certain strategies you use now don't work anymore.

Heimer is pretty awesome, and due to the nature of his kit I would consider him a solid pub-stomper, but learning more champions who can do Heimer's job better will make the climb quicker and easier.
    I'd hardly consider taking map control, doing global objectives and ganking enemy junglers to be cheese strategies. They worked consistently for me playing Dota, and they work just as well in League. Your mileage may vary. They're hardly exclusive to just Heimerdinger, he's just one of the Champions I feel most comfortable playing at the moment, which is probably why I'm currently 5/0 in my placement matches with him.

Heimerdinger may just be a pub stomper, but he seems to do very well against all those other pub stompers people like to pick. The likes of Katarina, Akali, Fizz and Yasuo seem to be unable to deal with him in lane, and being pushed to their turret prevents them from roaming. For whatever reason, the people who can deal with him seem to be quite uncommon picks, Malzahar especially.

Deleted
    So I know it's been a while since her mini-rework but I just got to try Cassio. She's still not -that- good but I really like her right now, her team fight presence is insane, her lane phase is pretty safe against anything that doesn't have multiple ways to close range and burst you and her ult is perfect for turning around a hard engage on your team. How come she isn't touched at all? Is it because people only play assassins nowadays? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    She's too weak early game (takes a while to ramp up), people are building her wrong and she's still fairly fragile to mobile all-in assassins.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like stacking her passive takes way too long.

Also what would you build on her?

Deleted
    Full build for me looks something like this: rod of ages > zhonya > liandry > rylai > void staff > boots of choice

I dont think you can skip Deathcap on Cassio anymore, not with the new passive.

Deleted
    Oh right, forgot to mention I usually start with a tear and decide later if I want/need to upgrade it or not.

And I have thought of getting deathcap, but only as a last item to replace something at the very end-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I dont think you can skip Deathcap on Cassio anymore, not with the new passive.
    Having the passive means you can forgo Deathcap and still get a stupid amount of AP. It's still a good buy, but not something you need to rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I'd hardly consider taking map control, doing global objectives and ganking enemy junglers to be cheese strategies. They worked consistently for me playing Dota, and they work just as well in League. Your mileage may vary. They're hardly exclusive to just Heimerdinger, he's just one of the Champions I feel most comfortable playing at the moment, which is probably why I'm currently 5/0 in my placement matches with him.

Heimerdinger may just be a pub stomper, but he seems to do very well against all those other pub stompers people like to pick. The likes of Katarina, Akali, Fizz and Yasuo seem to be unable to deal with him in lane, and being pushed to their turret prevents them from roaming. For whatever reason, the people who can deal with him seem to be quite uncommon picks, Malzahar especially.
    He's anti-melee. You should beat any of the assassins easily because of the way your kit works. Someone like Syndra or Ahri, who has a lot of burst from range, will give you a hard time. You also lack an escape ability, but since your anti-melee, good turret placement in lane negates most of the dangers of getting ganked.

Map control and taking objectives is good play, I was more referring to going into the enemy jungle and killing him. With good vision control you can do it safely, but Heimer is not a good champion for doing invades. If you can set up a trap for the jungler with your turrets you'll probably get a kill, but then the enemy mid should be punishing you for spending so much time out of lane. If your killing the jungler without the need of your turrets, then those people are just super bad and you could probably kill them just with AAs. Not to mention the enemy mid and/or side lanes should come and help fight or finish you off.

Junglers are also usually bruisers, who have high base damages and good early games, and they will eat Heimer for breakfast if you aren't in the protection of your turrets.

Deleted
    Sion's spotlight is up.

God damn those Phreak puns. I can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Sion's spotlight is up.
    For those too lazy to look it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can now say I've been demoted from D5 and promoted right back to it in less than a day.

http://i.imgur.com/KHM06f5.png
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Map control and taking objectives is good play, I was more referring to going into the enemy jungle and killing him. With good vision control you can do it safely, but Heimer is not a good champion for doing invades. If you can set up a trap for the jungler with your turrets you'll probably get a kill, but then the enemy mid should be punishing you for spending so much time out of lane. If your killing the jungler without the need of your turrets, then those people are just super bad and you could probably kill them just with AAs. Not to mention the enemy mid and/or side lanes should come and help fight or finish you off.

Junglers are also usually bruisers, who have high base damages and good early games, and they will eat Heimer for breakfast if you aren't in the protection of your turrets.
    The most common junglers I see are Master Yi, Shaco and Lee Sin. Of those, Yi and Shaco I usually kill by warding up a nearby camp (typically the small wraiths), then stunning and Ult Rocketing them while they're fighting it. Kills them outright from full health most of the time, and can safely be done through the wall so they don't see it coming. It won't kill tankier junglers unless they're low on health, but you can sometimes get lucky, most players do seem to want to clear a camp or two after a failed gank before they recall.

There's also jumping them when they're doing a buff camp and are likely lower health than usual. The brush makes it great for ambushes, and the timers are easy enough to keep track of since they're built into the UI. You can get a kill and the buff if you play your cards right. Or if they're doing something at the other side of the map when a buff is up, I can generally steal it without anyone coming to contest it.

If I have a strong early game invading jungler, like Lee Sin or Udyr, I will try get them involved too. It only takes a well placed ward or two to let them find the other teams jungler and chase them off, steal the camps on the other side of the map, or even kill them. From mid, you're ideally situated to place these kinds of wards if the opportunity arises, and the guy who's got to go running off to the rescue if it goes bad.

Even without putting in the effort to actively hunt the other jungler down, Heimerdinger pushes so well that going into the other teams jungle to steal a camp is a very real possibility, its an easy way to grab some extra gold and XP while depriving the enemy jungler of the same.

I realise that none of these are really exclusive to Heimerdinger, and that they're more general ways to make life difficult for the other team. They're not something I aim to do every single game, but when the chance comes up they're worth at least considering. I am aware that the chances do become quite scarce against better players, but having them in your toolbox is handy for when they get lax and you're ready to punish them for it.