10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Don't you guys remember the LCS game where it was a Poppy vs Mundo top? That Poppy player totally wrecked anything that got too close (he was lucky to get a early double kill though).
    I would argue that Poppy carried the game, overall their team played much better and he was facing Mundo, it's like the most favorable match up for Poppy, you can smack him as much as you want and he can't really retaliate because your passive cuts in half all his strong melee and/or hatchet hits and your damage scales with his health, so all advantage Mundo have against other top laners in early game is completely negated by Poppy. I wonder why didn't they put Ryze on top lane instead of Mundo.

At the point where Poppy had Triforce it was already seal clubbing, enemy team lost all their lanes and they had nothing to do against them.

He wasn't really lucky to get double kill, didn't he TPed for it from bot lane? He was in right place and at right time, but again, in soloq you can't have that level of communication and teamplay. In team ranked you won't have Mundo top first pick, like, ever, so you will end up facing someone like fucking Swain, Ryze, Kassadin or Gnar and have to pick accordingly.

And i wouldn't look at LCS for examples about state of a champion, it's top-notch players after all, as well as LCS game significantly differ from overwhelming majority of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I would argue that Poppy carried the game, overall their team played much better and he was facing Mundo, it's like the most favorable match up for Poppy, you can smack him as much as you want and he can't really retaliate because your passive cuts in half all his strong melee and/or hatchet hits and your damage scales with his health, so all advantage Mundo have against other top laners in early game is completely negated by Poppy. I wonder why didn't they put Ryze on top lane instead of Mundo.

At the point where Poppy had Triforce it was already seal clubbing, enemy team lost all their lanes and they had nothing to do against them.

He wasn't really lucky to get double kill, didn't he TPed for it from bot lane? He was in right place and at right time, but again, in soloq you can't have that level of communication and teamplay. In team ranked you won't have Mundo top first pick, like, ever, so you will end up facing someone like fucking Swain, Ryze, Kassadin or Gnar and have to pick accordingly.

And i wouldn't look at LCS for examples about state of a champion, it's top-notch players after all, as well as LCS game significantly differ from overwhelming majority of games.
    First, chill dude.
    I only took one of the best examples there is, to show that Poppy is viable if the setup is right. If you are last pick, the enemy toplaner picks some boring passive farm champion, why shouldn't you pick Poppy if you want him? I've also seen some good Poppy junglers in low gold elo, that brings havoc.

And with the TP, yes he saw a good opportunity and took it, then he got a double kill and after that laning against an already easy lane matchup got stupid easy. Can you do that in SoloQ? Yes, did it yesterday with Trynda, saw an opportunity to TP bot, got a trippel kill(Their jungler ganked, and they where all low after killing our ADC), and proceeded to carry the game by simply smacking their Riven out of the lane the second she got back in it. Just pushing my way into their base in no time.
    The way I see it, thats how you have to do it with Poppy, get off a good start and you're fine, because you get to the mid/late game faster (Everything gets better the second you get sheen, so if you can get that really fast, its good shit). Now, I am no Poppy player, I do enjoy her kit but never really enjoyed playing her over other fun champions.

All in all, play what you enjoy, that way the game gets more fun aswell. And if you main one champion, you should be able to carry as anything as long as you are good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Morellonomicon is just so strong right now that it's worth getting 2 of even though you don't get anything out of the 2nd healing reduction. Athene's being kinda meh right now probably helps too.
    I'm still not convinced with this arguement, seen it a lot lately. I would always go for a void staff inplace of a 2nd morello. Far better stat wise imo. Heard froggen say basically the same shit last night. Not saying its not effective though, the 2 morellos

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I'm still not convinced with this arguement, seen it a lot lately. I would always go for a void staff inplace of a 2nd morello. Far better stat wise imo. Heard froggen say basically the same shit last night. Not saying its not effective though, the 2 morellos
    Oh, I agree, I wouldn't go for 2 Morellonomicons right after eachother, but maybe a 2nd one somewhere in between the rest of the build(so somewhere between first Morellonomicon, Void Staff, Deathcap and Hourglass), so you get your "basic" build done before getting the last bit of CDR.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If you need a powerspike because you're behind, it's easy to build and gives you the most bang for your buck.

Someone like Azir double dips so hard on CDR it's close to being his most optimal build even.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want to bring up any stuff that is still too early and experimental but a few projects that we are working on and are going pretty well IMO are:
    Ryze
    Poppy
    Taric
    Tristana
    Omg, mah mainz! So hyped.

Got 5 honorable opponent bullshits yesterday for being flamed by ally ADC who i was in my mute list before we even started the game. Lol.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-01-09 at 03:16 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

That list concerns me because it makes me feel that they are still ignoring Shaco, the one in need of a rework more than any of those 5

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't need rework right now, he is still valuable pick. Cancerous to play against tho. He is not as broken as Taric or Poppy, by picking Shaco you don't shoot youself in the leg 95 times out of 100 by doing so, like you do when you pick Taric or Poppy as there is shitton of characters that do their work but better. Poppy has OPed kit (you literally can't deal with her when she gets enough stats aka huge lead or 4-5 items) and she is overnerfed stat-vice because of that, Taric is kept in crap because of his point'n'click stun (remember Taric top after they tried to "rework" him? He got hammered down almost in seconds because it was so bullshit that even AP Sion couldn't handle). Shaco is not punished by his complete lack of counterplay, he is punished only by high learning curve, latency reliability and small sample of people playing him.

I find a much greater problem with champions that are broken because when played well they are unstoppable than champions that are broken because they suck. If someone is subpar you just dont pick them, theres no harm done. The moment Shaco is picked the entire team has to change the way they play simply because hes on the map. Nobody else has that impact, only one close is Evelynn and even she doesnt have nearly as many gank opportunities, burst, or escape routes as a shaco

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    That list concerns me because it makes me feel that they are still ignoring Shaco, the one in need of a rework more than any of those 5
    It's not an exhaustive list. Shaco's still slated for a rework. They were aiming for end of 2014 and obviously managed to miss that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I'm willing to stick my neck out and say Azir has to be top 3 mids atm

Is EUW having problems atm or something? I tried to start the game, but it kept giving me this weird network error. Thought my game was corrupted or something, so i tried to reinstall, but now i can't even acces the website, because it says it's down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find a much greater problem with champions that are broken because when played well they are unstoppable than champions that are broken because they suck. If someone is subpar you just dont pick them, theres no harm done. The moment Shaco is picked the entire team has to change the way they play simply because hes on the map. Nobody else has that impact, only one close is Evelynn and even she doesnt have nearly as many gank opportunities, burst, or escape routes as a shaco
    I just don't think people know how to counter him... Same goes with Akali, I love it when people pink Akali on the enemy team because Akali is really easy to beat. Many people don't believe me in champ select and ban her anyways but it's a shame because a lot of Akali's I face hate me for simply spending 100g to buy a pink ward every time I go back. "YOU'RE WASTING GOLD!", not when it keeps killing Akali I'm not, I don't make as much gold on the kill but it means Akali can't farm and I still get some profit out of it.

No it's not stupid that a player makes less money for killing Akali than say some other champion because getting Akali behind is hilarious, she can fall of pretty fast. Like I hate when people make that argument, it's working so there is no argument.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is EUW having problems atm or something? I tried to start the game, but it kept giving me this weird network error. Thought my game was corrupted or something, so i tried to reinstall, but now i can't even acces the website, because it says it's down.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...euw_right_now/

Thank you. Was starting to get really angry, because nothing i've tried seemed to work. I don't know shit about computers, so i have no clue what i just did, but it works so im happy.

OMG RIOT I LOVE YOU

Still haven't received mine =/ I'm 100% sure i'll get something shitty like a Yi or a Teemo skin.

If you had me list out all the skins in the game I wouldve wanted, Aether Wing Kayle would have been at or near the top of that list so Im super stoked

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I'm willing to stick my neck out and say Azir has to be top 3 mids atm
    I think he's strong, but I think part of the issue is people aren't sure how to play against him. I think he's also one of those champions where you suck hard if you can't play him, but you're a god if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I just don't think people know how to counter him... Same goes with Akali, I love it when people pink Akali on the enemy team because Akali is really easy to beat. Many people don't believe me in champ select and ban her anyways but it's a shame because a lot of Akali's I face hate me for simply spending 100g to buy a pink ward every time I go back. "YOU'RE WASTING GOLD!", not when it keeps killing Akali I'm not, I don't make as much gold on the kill but it means Akali can't farm and I still get some profit out of it.

No it's not stupid that a player makes less money for killing Akali than say some other champion because getting Akali behind is hilarious, she can fall of pretty fast. Like I hate when people make that argument, it's working so there is no argument.
    My friends always wonder why I have a ward in my inventory (especially when I'm top lane). If I can buy a ward and save myself the trouble of ganks or dying because I'm Nasus and split pushing hard while taking towers, then it's a good purchase, no?

Aside from that, I always drop pink wards in specific bushes, like if I'm on the red side, I'll drop one in the bush behind the blue side's red buff - no one ever goes into those bushes at my ELO and it's not uncommon for me to have ones that last the entire game. They provide surprisingly good vision too.

Grats! That's my favorite skin

Deleted
    I got a Sasquatch Nunu on NA account, thanks Rito :|