Another thing is that since you now need the shark, you can't just burst 1 person in a teamfight, wait for cd's, and then completely burst another one. He's more like Syndra/Zed now, in a sense that you require your ult for the "full package".

Deleted
    Fizz nerf seems like a bit too much imo
    just looks like that overall he will do less dmg even if you're hit by his ult

Same goes for ahri, very small buffes to her spells but then they just outright remove 20% dmg from everything by nerfing charm, right after removing her deathfire grasp

doesn't look too good for ahri

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, these nerfs just means that he has rinse and repeat his damage "rotations" 3 times instead of 2 to get a kill without ult.

For Ahri it's more interesting, she now doesn't do that much damage and can't really afford to weave ult in her combo if she is not 100% sure that she is going to get away with it. No more EWQR RR away kills. Which is fine IMO. Wear enemy down first, then push him with your ult, and ask yourself if you want to risk it and use 3rd charge on ult to jump forward, or do you want to retreat to not get smacked in the face. Or do you have an opportunity to utilize the brand new MS boost to disengage. Don't know yet, really looking into it.

But for the first glance, it just means that i won't be able to 100>0 people as i used to with using all 3 ult charges, ignite and DFG, so i have to keep in mind exactly how much damage i can pull out without my ult, so i won't end up in a situation where i just used all 3 charges and sit in front of a Vi with 20% health. I'll probably just EQW+Auto her and move away, wait for Q to get off CD poke again, wait for E and W and finish her off with ult.

Also i do like that E is now a proper CC spell, not a "i have to keep it if i want to kill somebody, i can't use it to peel from my allies, i have to use it on target i intend to kill"
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-01-28 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    nerf? inability to dodge his Q was unintended and came out as HUGE buff, now everything in its right place. Fizz shouldn't do so much damage upfront with his basic abilities, it was just stupid and couldn't be not nerfed. Basically now he does significantly less damage with his basic combo (no grievous wounds and the most damaging part of W is now requires him to activate it and, well, nerfed Q) but overall, his "assassin" kit works the same way if he manages to drop a shark bait on important target, if he have missed his ult, well, sucks but you just lost all your damage, it's either because you are bad, or because you were outplayed, IMO it's healthy gameplay.
    Mhmm can't say I'm too happy with the changes tbh, his q is pretty vital for his all in and his laning is going to be pretty brutal now :/ The w nerf is fine, and the cost of qss is just something we're going to have to deal with even if his ulti got 'buffed', but the q...not the q! qq

Deleted
    Bah, these nerfs just means that he has rinse and repeat his damage "rotations" 3 times instead of 2 to get a kill without ult.

For Ahri it's more interesting, she now doesn't do that much damage and can't really afford to weave ult in her combo if she is not 100% sure that she is going to get away with it. No more EWQR RR away kills. Which is fine IMO. Wear enemy down first, then push him with your ult, and ask yourself if you want to risk it and use 3rd charge on ult to jump forward, or do you want to retreat to not get smacked in the face. Or do you have an opportunity to utilize the brand new MS boost to disengage. Don't know yet, really looking into it.

But for the first glance, it just means that i won't be able to 100>0 people as i used to with using all 3 ult charges, ignite and DFG, so i have to keep in mind exactly how much damage i can pull out without my ult, so i won't end up in a situation where i just used all 3 charges and sit in front of a Vi with 20% health. I'll probably just EQW+Auto her and move away, wait for Q to get off CD poke again, wait for E and W and finish her off with ult.

Also i do like that E is now a proper CC spell, not a "i have to keep it if i want to kill somebody, i can't use it to peel from my allies, i have to use it on target i intend to kill"
    Fizz was always intended to be a sustain champ and not a burst one.
    But it's more or less a 50% nerf to his Q while making it so you can dodge it now and nerf to his W (?) which was a decent amount of dmg. His ult was never hard to dodge, it's like any other skillshot and actually slow

so right now it's more of a W > Q > hope to god that the enemy doesn't charge or run out of your range > Auto attack > E out
    rinse and repeat until enemy champ is low on health
    then ult and if you hit you prob get a kill, if not, too bad
    champs that can sustain pretty good in lane will counter him as his poking will barely be noticed wihout him being punished for getting too close
    i think fizz won't see much play now

Ahri needed that DFG dmg to do the high amount of dmg she did, just as they removed it ahri wouldn't be able to do her E > W > Q > R > RR as it added a lot of dmg

and now with the nerf to charm her dmg is even lower, seems like they have changed her to be more of a poke / sustain dmg until enemy is low on health, than a go in face first champ, and her ult is now gonna be used more for escape/engage instead of dealing dmg

I'll probably just EQW+Auto her and move away, this is pretty much what you should do now, but nerfing her champ means that it will taker longer than it did before and ahri abilities aren't that hard to dodge, as long as you keep dodging her E you should be fine and it's not that punishing to get hit by it anymore
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-01-28 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you don't need any hopes that enemy will run out of your range after Qing him, the only one who can do this in Jinx with passive up i think, and, well, that's how he should work in the first place, jump in, apply pressure, dodge skills of importance/run away with E, rinse and repeat. The old one of using W>Q on CD and jump away was doing too much damage for its cost (not mana cost, but what Fizz has to give away, safety, farm, lane pressure, etc). You always can W>Q>auto>E(to dodge incoming CC, nuke, w.e.)>keep meleeing 'till win

That's the whole point, assassins shouldn't 100>0 anyone, how Ahri can still deal significant amount of damage, and thanks to Q and E changes she has two more things to rely on, proper CC that you don't need to hold off and MS boost that helps your positioning or gives you routes to escape/dodge crap without relying on ult charges.

Exactly, that's how assassin should work, he jumps in, finish someone off (not 1 shot someone), runs out. Don't get me wrong, i do find it fun to 100>0 people, but it's totally unfair because leaves literally no room for enemy to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Mhmm can't say I'm too happy with the changes tbh, his q is pretty vital for his all in and his laning is going to be pretty brutal now :/ The w nerf is fine, and the cost of qss is just something we're going to have to deal with even if his ulti got 'buffed', but the q...not the q! qq
    I doubt that it will be brutal, he still does damage, and he is able to outdamage and outskill those who he is usually picked against (skillshot based casters), it will take more planning to kill someone, but it's not the end of the world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    His ult was never hard to dodge, it's like any other skillshot and actually slow
    And i want to directly response to this, his ult has one little trick to it, the bait keeps lying on the ground if it misses the target. It's easy to dodge it in mid-range, but it's hard to dodge it at high range and low range, since Fizz can launch it the same way as Karma does with her R>Q (you don't try to hit enemy, you want to throw it on the way of enemy retreat route, so he either has to take the bait, or take huge detour and die/flash).

In my opinion you shouldn't be punished by instant death for getting hit by Ahris' Charm, Veigars' stun or w.e, if Veigar/Ahri keep you low enough through the course of laning phase (or rely on others to deal damage to put enemy in "danger zone") then you deserve to die for taking this risk, of sitting at 70% health without flash, in range of opponent skills, when your opponent has enough mana to do his combo and has all CDs to do so.

Anyways, i think it's healthy change, and i really look into how it will work out, assassins, in my opinion, shouldn't 100>0 players with point'n'click stuff, especially if they are ranged and have ability to poke, but poking enemy to 50% and finishing him off is totally fine for me. And off course it all depends on how fed your enemy is, i won't say that Veigar with 1k AP shouldn't R>Q enemy AP carry with 600 AP (but at this point LoL becomes a twitch western shooter, where the one who shoots first wins the game)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-01-28 at 04:28 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In my opinion you shouldn't be punished by instant death for getting hit by Ahris' Charm, Veigars' stun or w.e, if Veigar/Ahri keep you low enough through the course of laning phase (or rely on others to deal damage to put enemy in "danger zone") then you deserve to die for taking this risk, of sitting at 70% health without flash, in range of opponent skills, when your opponent has enough mana to do his combo and has all CDs to do so.
    Ahri i agree on, but Veigar? He's always been the guy who 100-0 you if the game goes long enough, just like Nasus does. He sacrifices his only utility spell if he goes for that 1 kill, and since Veigar stun is one of the best spells in the game, it's a pretty big tradeoff (unlike Ahri's charm).

Deleted
    for me an assassin is not a finisher, but someone that can get to the backline, totally annihilate one of the carries in one big burst and get out again, but will then be totally useless because of cd's and being squishy

(look at akali, perfect showcase of what an assassin is, can easily get into the backline with ult, and has enough burst to take down an adc in no time and can then get out again with her last charge or shroud)

but riot is pretty much killing assassins now, a finisher is totally useless to have, then it's better to have someone tanky to just deal that little extra dmg

it's not fun getting 100>0 in one burst, but that doesn't happen if you're tanky (unless you got hit by DFG first, but now it's gone)
    so the only ones that dies to burst now is carries, which is how it should be, but won't be anymore

you weren't punished by instant death by getting hit by ahri charm, ONLY if you are a carry, which makes sense as carries are squishy, ahri could never charm a tank and then instantly killing them unless using DFG, she still needed to use her full combo to finish a carry hit by charm

only a fed ahri could finish someone off in a sinlge charm without DFG and you can't count on getting fed all games
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-01-28 at 05:07 PM.

To me, Kha'Zix (before all the changes) was the embodiment of an assassin. If you were isolated (literally and figuratively speaking) he would bend you over and fuck you sideways. In teamfights he could go for a kill in a clumped up enemy team, and still get a kill, but with a huge risk. But he excelled at (again) isolated targets. He was extremely vunerable to cc (like every assassin), even with his stealth.

Basicly assassin: Get in - do your job (kill a target) - get out. The problem with all the dfg assassin's was that it added another nuke spell on top of their already ridicilous burst potential, which was just dumb. I do agree some champs relied on it too much, but i'd rather have the item removed, since it wasn't even designed for the use in the first place, and have Riot fix the champions related to it later.
    Last edited by Ergar; 2015-01-28 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    also just finished a game as tristana
    feels rly satisfying to play her now, you can actually feel you're shooting with a canon now

and that E <3

All these assassin nerfs make me glad that I don't play them. I can't remember the last time one of my mains got a nerf.

On the new Trist: Just finished a game with my buddy playing her. My god, she hits hard. So much pewpew.

Best part about the new Trist: ctrl + 3

easily

Had a game as Akali, don't really feel nerfed tbh. Sucks with the ult range, but other than that its still strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Riot needed to do this to a couple top tier assassins, they're just being banned out at high elo where I'm at. Before this patch we'd ban Zed and Fizz every single time, now we don't really though the occasional Zed ban will probably still come by considering it wasn't a hard nerf for him. No idea how hard the Akali nerf was but I did see her banned a couple times today.

I'll be honest, you might as well take advantage of Fox Fire getting a buff and max it out for lane or max it alongside Q.
    Hey everyone

Rocking a 10 game losing streak, rip me haha. Owell just a small break and then get back onto the track. New tristana is so cute though.

Has anyone noticed a trend of double life steal items on bruisers/assassins?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Ahri i agree on, but Veigar? He's always been the guy who 100-0 you if the game goes long enough, just like Nasus does. He sacrifices his only utility spell if he goes for that 1 kill, and since Veigar stun is one of the best spells in the game, it's a pretty big tradeoff (unlike Ahri's charm).
    Yep, that's why i'm into what other utility he will get for loss of DFG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    for me an assassin is not a finisher, but someone that can get to the backline, totally annihilate one of the carries in one big burst and get out again, but will then be totally useless because of cd's and being squishy

(look at akali, perfect showcase of what an assassin is, can easily get into the backline with ult, and has enough burst to take down an adc in no time and can then get out again with her last charge or shroud)

but riot is pretty much killing assassins now, a finisher is totally useless to have, then it's better to have someone tanky to just deal that little extra dmg

it's not fun getting 100>0 in one burst, but that doesn't happen if you're tanky (unless you got hit by DFG first, but now it's gone)
    so the only ones that dies to burst now is carries, which is how it should be, but won't be anymore

you weren't punished by instant death by getting hit by ahri charm, ONLY if you are a carry, which makes sense as carries are squishy, ahri could never charm a tank and then instantly killing them unless using DFG, she still needed to use her full combo to finish a carry hit by charm

only a fed ahri could finish someone off in a sinlge charm without DFG and you can't count on getting fed all games
    The thing is, LoL is not dota, there is little to no place to maneuver (you don't get in "backlane" and rarely can effectively "flank" anything), and point'n'click gap closers are utter bullshit (in my opinion), tho, i'm very happy that most of them are short ranged (and Akali got her ult down to 600 i guess range) and they will be in dire danger of being ravaged by bruisers. Tho, most of the time your bruisers think that they are assassins and chase Kalista, but it's just people being stupid.

The whole design of "i get to you, you die and i'm useless for 10 seconds" is cancerous, you "get" to someone by using a ranged point'n'click skill with multiple charges, slam your head on a keyboard and go away the same way you came in? What a pile of bullshit it is for a guy who just got 100>0ed because he didn't had a Hourglass or GA, right?

The only way anyone should be 100>0ed is when they missplay A LOT (aka getting ALL the hits from Vel'koz and standing still while he melts your face with lazers) or being completely out of position (which is arguable, i wouldn't say that person should be 100>0ed, but the time he gives his opponents by being off position (away from teammates and safety for example) should be enough for him to die before he gets to said safety)

And what sense does it makes if Ahri has 3 charge of ult that gets her in melee with you and she shotguns you to death? Or what sense does Akali make with her 3 charge ult that also deals majority of her damage? Even Katarina makes more sense than these, she has to not get CCed and she should finish and least 1 person off to be effective (yes, even 20% health Rene, she can deal damage with her AoE to 4 + two more people twice that just once, it's more than worth it)

Nowadays yes, but before the nerf it was completely possible to kill one person without DFG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    To me, Kha'Zix (before all the changes) was the embodiment of an assassin. If you were isolated (literally and figuratively speaking) he would bend you over and fuck you sideways. In teamfights he could go for a kill in a clumped up enemy team, and still get a kill, but with a huge risk. But he excelled at (again) isolated targets. He was extremely vunerable to cc (like every assassin), even with his stealth.

Basicly assassin: Get in - do your job (kill a target) - get out. The problem with all the dfg assassin's was that it added another nuke spell on top of their already ridicilous burst potential, which was just dumb. I do agree some champs relied on it too much, but i'd rather have the item removed, since it wasn't even designed for the use in the first place, and have Riot fix the champions related to it later.
    I do like how KZ is implemented, he is not really bursty on not isolated targets, and picking off isolated targets requires much more skill than spamming gap closer 'till target dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Had a game as Akali, don't really feel nerfed tbh. Sucks with the ult range, but other than that its still strong.
    I won the game literally because of ult range nerf, she just couldn't reach me (exact these 100 range) and she died from overextending to nexus towers. Lol. She was the only one alive on enemy team and i pushed the game to victory once again demonstrating a fucking Twitches' ult bug (it doesn't work of inhibitors and nexus, at all, you pew pew but don't do damage like you cast Morgana Qs through it) to another set of strangers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    Riot needed to do this to a couple top tier assassins, they're just being banned out at high elo where I'm at. Before this patch we'd ban Zed and Fizz every single time, now we don't really though the occasional Zed ban will probably still come by considering it wasn't a hard nerf for him. No idea how hard the Akali nerf was but I did see her banned a couple times today.

I'll be honest, you might as well take advantage of Fox Fire getting a buff and max it out for lane or max it alongside Q.
    Yeah, i don't get people who watch nerfs and call them unreasonable, hello, these champions have this banrate for a reason, if you really enjoy them so much, now you at least will be able t o play them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Only on TP split pushers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    speaking of trends

why am i seeing so many ap champs buying two morellonomicon? i don't see the point

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't its cost increase put it in the line with other AP items? Haven't seen double nomicons in a while

Man, Kalista's ult is weird to be the support who gets it. Screen goes grey, character disappears, and a skillshot arrow pops up, then you hurl yourself at the enemy team