Deleted
    Man, ended last season in silver 1 i beleive, have placements and go 7W-3L and end up in silver 1 again... thats a kick in the nuts!

I am in 0 rush to do my promos. I just feel so much more pressure when playing ranked, and I just managed to get Silver 5 last season from placements, I don't want to be in the dreaded Bronze and have to play a bunch of ranked games to climb, including the ever so nerve wracking promo games

10+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to help a team we absolutely demolished today in ranked premades in the post game lobby. I was just trying to tell them what they didn't do (I mean they actually got a very early lead on us that they should have won with since we made some questionable decisions) correctly since if I were playing solo queue at my elo people would have never let you come back from an awful start such as that. What do I get? A report and a "fuck you diamond elitist", I just wanted to say, "well that's why you're not diamond"...
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Yo, been messing about with Taric. Hes huge atm. Anyone else been on him? Obviously don't pick vs sivir but hes huge in lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has point'n'click stun, that's enough, but his lane presence is shit, he doesn't do any damage, so enemy can simply ignore you and hump ADC. Without mana items you can't spam spells even if you get resets, without IBG your damage is ignorable (with ult on your damage gets better, but it's still nowhere of Alistars level), without getting 3 points in a stun you can't E>auto>W>auto, without maxing Q your heal is laughable. Currently he needs too much gold and experience for a support IMO.

Tho, if you manage to survive early game (or get a Kalista with you and smack the shit out of enemy because she solves Tarics damage issue), mid game and late game is a piece of cake, your point'n'click stun is often enough to kill someone, you have enough mana to spam shit, you can reset your CDs (effectively making them ~4 seconds long, but make sure to not run around like an idiot looking for champions to get resets, just smack that creep) and your spammable, maxed out heal is freaking strong. I really want to see the rework they are doing to him
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    so.. i've been playing a bit of jungle lately

since when can you take dragon at lvl 3 ?

both vi and jarvan jungle can easily solo dragon at lvl 3 without having to use smite..
    and can solo it again once it respawns depending on how well you gank / farm

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    so.. i've been playing a bit of jungle lately

since when can you take dragon at lvl 3 ?

both vi and jarvan jungle can easily solo dragon at lvl 3 without having to use smite..
    and can solo it again once it respawns depending on how well you gank / farm
    i know vi can but did not know j4 could (gotta need testing for j4 one)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yo, been messing about with Taric. Hes huge atm. Anyone else been on him? Obviously don't pick vs sivir but hes huge in lane.
    Taric is good if you know how to use him and the enemy has no idea what to do against him. His point and click stun that lasts for almost as long as a morgana binding is great, but he has his share of weaknesses.

1. He telegraphs EVERYTHING. You see Taric walking up to you, you know he is going for the stun, just kite back and poke him.
    2. His heal falls off.
    3. The only way he can engage is by walking up to you

His ult and armor shred from w are fantastic in a team fight, and he isn't a weak champion per say, I've had some beastly games with him myself. However, if they know what to do against a Taric, your opponent shouldn't have too tough of a time dealing with him.

Honestly, I see Leona as a superior Taric. She has the tankiness and the cc of Taric, but even more cc than he does and the tools to engage on the enemy and use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    His ult and armor shred from w are fantastic in a team fight, and he isn't a weak champion per say, I've had some beastly games with him myself. However, if they know what to do against a Taric, your opponent shouldn't have too tough of a time dealing with him.

Honestly, I see Leona as a superior Taric. She has the tankiness and the cc of Taric, but even more cc than he does and the tools to engage on the enemy and use it.
    His ult is all over the place, you want to use it to buff teammates before teamfight started, you also want to stay near teammates to buff them, you also want to do damage with it, and you want to get resets off enemy. It basically means that you have to pick one: stay with teammates and buff them (wasting your damage part of it, completely wasting your passive and sitting with ~8 seconds CDs on everything but semi-safe), or use it to do damage and keep fighting (most important targets (those who benefit from +AP +AD) are too far away to get the buff, by the time you use ult, most "burst" is already used by your allies, again, blast range is very small and it's hard to do damage on important targets). I do enjoy when enemy don't know wtf to do against Taric and try to "solo" me as melee bruiser in late game (protip: you don't, Taric will hurt you with his ~2-4 seconds CD stun and heals). But, granted, Taric benefits from CDR a lot and CD on his ult so not that high, so you will be able to use it for w.e. reason you want

His armour shred is very, VERY small (the spell is maxed out last, so in the end game you have -25+(5% of your armour), implying you have at least 150 armour, it's whooping 33 armour off target! If you manage to walk towards it in melee range, because it's range is 200 and it's awful), and if you don't max it (99% of the time you don't, heal and stun is just that much better), you shred ~10 armour from enemy, what a pile of bullshit.

I seriously think that his passive, W and ult is kept down (or in chaotic state where you don't know when the fuck use should use it) so he won't be racking top again.

Completely agree on Leona part.

But i'm still going to play Taric when play support, it's just that awesome experience, and when you actually make it (which is hard) it's so satisfying
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But i'm still going to play Taric when play support, it's just that awesome experience, and when you actually make it (which is hard) it's so satisfying
    Oh ya, he isn't a bad support, I keep him as a possible pick if my first 4-5 champs get picked/banned. I had a really good game with him last season actually. I mean REALLY good, I don't think I ever had a game like that on even my main picks:

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i regret not screening my 10/0/10 games on Taric =(

10+ Year Old Account
    -33 armour is actually massive, especially depending on who you land it on. By comparison, Ghostblade gives 20 armour pen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, on paper, but good luck applying it on anyone who actually matters, it just helps you to win even harder if you apply it on stunned APC, he drops from 120 armour to 90 and he still dies from 2 hits from your ADC. Well, to be honest, it has its uses, but it's not worth leveling it before Q and E, so you stuck with this armour reduction at level 18, which is hardly relevant. The update on its range would be nice, imagine its armour shred scaling increased to 7,5% and range doubled (to 400) but anyone struck in 200-400 range would suffer from only half of this effect? It would be huge teamfight skill, stripping off armour of enemy team if used correctly, yes please, i would max that thing for a teamfight-heavy comp, but would still have an option to go for heal when behind, or stun if locking 1 person down is more important. I would also speed up attack animation of Taric, it's awfully slow IMO.

Wait, I thought maxing W was the way to go, for the bonus armor. After, I go E because Q starts to fall off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Best thing about taric is his stun has a 100% hit chance...lol, but i'd always like to see leona over taric.
    Also, when are we going to see Ashe rework, poor thing needs some serious love!!

Went 6/4 in promos, ended in s2, not so bad, just going to climb with ori (zed consta banned) besdies, 1 shotting squishys just with q + e is fucking hilarious. Her late game is so beastly. Also, Ahris little rework is fucking great, god bless the e!!

Deleted
    Wait, I thought maxing W was the way to go, for the bonus armor. After, I go E because Q starts to fall off.
    Yup thats the way to do it. If you aren't maxing W you are doing something wrong. Q is pretty decent mid game, I tend to level it first although sometimes a do go E.
    Only been messing with him in team builder (opponents are mid plat/low diamond but obviously they could just be messing as well) since I try not to play support in ranked.

Hes runs things. Hes so tanky I feel no threat in lane, then when you get ahead you can zone so hard even if you are mr predictable.

Locket seems legit on him against bursty APC's. Reduces dmg by at least 40% when its up. All in all I've never felt as strong early. Leona is stonger atm thats for sure and I'd say janna is pretty big but Taric is up there.

Is Taric top dead? Know a friend of mine played that a lot early last season and did rather good (Went AP with armor (as most tops then was AD), and wrecked everyone). Haven't played him as support in some time, I prefer Thresh/Morgana/Leona or even Karma and Annie (I enjoy poke supports because you can carry so hard with it, while tanky supports need your ADC to actually have a brain).

Leona is also really easy to carry with, good initate, good stuns, massive tankyness and good dmg with an IBG.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they removed some of his AP scaling and passive got changed top lane Taric is basically dead except very small amount of cases when enemy is dumb.

I do not like leveling W, it gives you what, 5 armour per rank + some damage? Without decent gap closer, good luck with utilizing this 200 range spell.
    Maxed out heal heals for 440 before all scalings (and when used on ally, it heals him for 220 and you for same amount).
    Maxed out W gives you 30 armour (+3,6 as aura) and an ability to trade this 30 armour for 25 armour shred + 200 damage nuke (yeah, it scales off armour, but armour is not AP and can't be stacked that much), at max it's 300 damage AoE on relatively small CD (at 40% CDR you can pop it like this, W>auto>E>auto>W>auto>Q>auto etc, with some downtime in between off course)
    Maxed out stun gives you very strong (almost)unavoidable stun and decent point blank range nuke (usually first stun is max ranged, second stun is point blank).
    And, well, his ult. It's self buff part and damage part is amazing, but it's just a clusterfuck of a support spell to use.

From my experience, you can't afford (as Taric support) to go full defensive, your enemy will just ignore you on lane and go for ADC, you won't be able to do significant damage, and your CC is shit if not maxed (i still think that the biggest nerf to Taric was his E duration scaling off ranks), difference between 1,1 stun and 1,6 stun is HUGE, especially if you play with someone like Kalista, these extra 0,5 seconds of stun time basically mean that enemy won't get away. Ever. As well as it gives you time to land one or two extra ttacks and get one or two CD reductions.

I've already tried to max W first, yeah, it deals damage, yeah, it's mana saving (mana cost doesn't scale up as other spells) and you end up with cheap Q, cheap maxed out W, cheap E. But on a lane you, basically, do nothing. Your enemy has no reason to be afraid of you, they (Leona, Braum, Alistar, Thresh, Blitz, etc) just run towards your ADC while you try to scare them off with your 1 second duration stun and W that, even if maxed first, deals ~150 damage after resistances. Ugh.

So, after playing a lot of Taric in last season, i've come to a conclusion that the best and safest way to transition from laning phase to middle game is go 1-1-3-1 and then go for heal or shatter depending on setup. It won't work if you are peeled down to your tower, it won't work if your team is losing and someone on enemy team gets extremely fed, it won't work against long-ranged-poke champions, but it works most of a time.
    Getting 3 points in a stun (while also running +6% (11% when out of combat) MS from utility tree and quintessences) and grey boots gives you ~ 387 (405) MS and ability to intercept enemy attacks, 1,4 seconds stun is enough for you to AA>W>AA>Q>AA (6 seconds off stun CD, which brings it down to ~8 (6 for free 10% CDR from utility+offensive trees) seconds) stunned target (works only if enemy was attacking you and the range between you and target is ~200-300 units, you still won't catch running away target with it, you will need 5 ranks to be able to throw 600 ranged stun, cover these 600 units of range with your MS and attack him to slow with IBG), or, if you want to use ult, your combo will eat away almost full enemy health, now it's on your ADC shoulders to carry this shit, because you most likely are OOM and can't do more than 1 stun
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-02-03 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Best thing about taric is his stun has a 100% hit chance...lol, but i'd always like to see leona over taric.
    Also, when are we going to see Ashe rework, poor thing needs some serious love!!

Went 6/4 in promos, ended in s2, not so bad, just going to climb with ori (zed consta banned) besdies, 1 shotting squishys just with q + e is fucking hilarious. Her late game is so beastly. Also, Ahris little rework is fucking great, god bless the e!!
    Ashe is probably one of the strongest ADCs around. Someone joked she'd probably gain 5% winrate if Riot capped her ult range to be much closer, and tbh I think they're probably right.

How is this auto attack harassment done as teemo? Seems that everyone is saying he is annoying but his attack range is so low trying to close in on someone to attack gets me killed.

I don't get how to use them mushroom either. With liandrys they are supposed to be heavy hitting but even if someone triggers it the dot plus my auto attacking does not do nearly enough damage to not get my face carved in

Caitlyn I think I'm on the right track. Blood something I forgot gives nice vamp skill and shield.

This is on bots btw still not confident in pvp heh.