Deleted
    Heresy! You can't like Dota and LoL at the same time!

And yeah, to get started you only really need two rune pages. 1 AD, 1 AP. Yes, it's not 100% effective on every champion but to start out with it will do just fine. Also, leveling a new account on LoL takes fucking ages. One of the reasons I don't have a smurf. The grind bores the fuck out of me, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Ye, leveling to about 15 is painless, but the worst part is totally 20-30, takes one million years and you will be against ranked lvl 30s all the time (because they are boosting their friends).

And as long as you dont buy too many champions while leveling, filling up some rune pages before 30 isnt that hard. Just be sure to have a good enough champion pool so you can cover any role, and that you are trained in every role before entering ranked
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    So far my first impressions of Ekko are good, and most of all he is fun to play. I haven't managed to play him in ranked, though I've played against him a few times now, which doesn't bother me one bit when a new champ gets released. Oh you're going to play a hero who's been out just over a day and i'll play mine with probably 200+games on, and we'll see who wins.
    Anyway, his q is weird. Although good for it's purpose I just don't like it. Feels clunky and doesn't suit him. Also annoys me I can't retrive it back asap when I cast it.
    His W requires most skill and working it in conjuction with R is hard plus trying to trap enemies inside is yeah...hard. It's a good ability nonetheless.
    His E is amazing, pefect ability for him.
    R is legit.

Passive very good. I haven't had a chance to do this yet but I really want to test nash tooth on him after first item. I think it could work pretty well. I like getting it on Azir don't see why it shouldn't work on Ekko. Haven't tried or even seen builds for jungle though yet, so i'm curious if you have some...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nashor's seems like it would be good in a bruisery/jungle build. Don't think there's any room in an assassin build.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you go for +50% AS jungle item, i think Tooth is redundant item to get. You don't really want that much AS on mid lane build, better go for Lich Bane or Echo.

From my jungling experience, going balls deep into defense master tree +30% IAS runes are nice thing to go. With regular "assassin-ish" runes i haven't managed to get even second buff, with tanking masteries - had no problem with sustaining.
    I plan when i'll get some time to tweak masteries/runes to dish out as much damage as i can without sitting at 20% health while jungling.

On items - red jungle item with AS enchant gave me the best performance (over pink item with AS or AP and red item with AP), MPen boots, and Echo / Lich Bane for extra burst. Then regular AP items, like Hourglass (synergizes well with ult when used offensively - you trade your "healing after damaged" part for "burst everyone around that fancy golden statue to death"), Evil tome for extra assassin capabilities and sustain, gunblade/tooth for flavor. At this point i haven't figured out what to pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Took Ekko for a spin in the jungle. He isn't half bad.
    RETH

Deleted
    they should make ekko's W a bit easier to read
    it's almost impossible to see that small spectral ball that indicates when the spell activates

Deleted
    Just want to say that I think Luden's Echo is even worse than DFG was after the max HP nerf. I mean, it's easily 800 burst on a max level spell. On things like Nidalee it sucks for both spears AND cat, and Ziggs' poke becomes even more insane. As an AD carry there's just no surviving

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    Riot has no idea what they're doing. Last year for placements I went 6/4 an got Silver one. Like three of those games I was HARD carried through because I had just started actual games an not bots/aram

This year I got better. I played my 400 plus normal games. I went 8/2 in provisions.. I carried several games as Renekton an Ahri. I got my AD fed shitting on kids with Sona....yet some how... Riot gave me Silver-fucking-four. UNFATHOMABLE RAGE
    Because that is where your MMR was, what league was you in last season? Did you expect to magically jump up to gold/plat because you had some good placement matches? NOW is when the climb start, just be glad you didnt end up in bronze.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Riot has no idea what they're doing. Last year for placements I went 6/4 an got Silver one. Like three of those games I was HARD carried through because I had just started actual games an not bots/aram

This year I got better. I played my 400 plus normal games. I went 8/2 in provisions.. I carried several games as Renekton an Ahri. I got my AD fed shitting on kids with Sona....yet some how... Riot gave me Silver-fucking-four. UNFATHOMABLE RAGE
    Yeah all to do with MMR as Fred said, don't worry you'll climb no problem. And yes thank the gods you're not in Bronze, that's the biggest win! Just have fun wrecking the newbs until it gets difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Also how terrible/buggy has the profile viewing/personal league stats been lately. 5 times out of 10 I can't click on a thing never mind my profile icon. I think a game of it's size the whole functionality and aesthetics of the client is way behind where it should be. We got a home page upgrade not so long ago but more def needs to be done for the profile rune masteries and so on...

However, despite saying all this, it's kind of nice with the glitches makes you appreciate the game and it's development...watching it grow ^^

Really really liking Ryze now with the buffs to Q and his passive. I used to try the old ryze build with frozen heart and such, didn't like it and dropped him, but after facing a few Ryzes i came into the conclusion he is built more as ap now and he shreds people. Also running basic ap runes with 3 scaling cdr blues and 21/0/9 masteries.

I tried a more sustained build too, which goes like: seraphs, rod of ages, boots, wota, then choose the remaining 2 from ludens/raba/void/zhonyas/abyssal. Can also replace the wota with one of those items if one doesn't want to play the sustain game, I'm liking it so far but needs more testing still.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Ryze still went 9/0/21...

...would like to see a probuild version.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Because that is where your MMR was, what league was you in last season? Did you expect to magically jump up to gold/plat because you had some good placement matches? NOW is when the climb start, just be glad you didnt end up in bronze.
    Because of responsibilities I only get to play so often. So I've never gone past Silver one. I constantly lose promotions classically due to a failing bot lane. (I play top or jung) But as I stated earlier..in previous years with worse provisional scores they just gave me Silver one.... yet when I was practically Faker for three games! (Mad hyperbole) going 8/2 I was given Silver three...the fuck is MMR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post
    Really really liking Ryze now with the buffs to Q and his passive. I used to try the old ryze build with frozen heart and such, didn't like it and dropped him, but after facing a few Ryzes i came into the conclusion he is built more as ap now and he shreds people. Also running basic ap runes with 3 scaling cdr blues and 21/0/9 masteries.

I tried a more sustained build too, which goes like: seraphs, rod of ages, boots, wota, then choose the remaining 2 from ludens/raba/void/zhonyas/abyssal. Can also replace the wota with one of those items if one doesn't want to play the sustain game, I'm liking it so far but needs more testing still.
    I actually think Ryze is relatively sleeper OP after watching a couple games of guys picking him. The powerspike he gets from his passive activating... It's out of this world and I'd say overtuned but nobody is playing him very much currently which is quite surprising since the 5.10 buffs made him pretty damn strong.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I actually think Ryze is relatively sleeper OP after watching a couple games of guys picking him. The powerspike he gets from his passive activating... It's out of this world and I'd say overtuned but nobody is playing him very much currently which is quite surprising since the 5.10 buffs made him pretty damn strong.
    Yea I think he is rly strong now too with the buffs, probably will see some play, he was actually played in Korea today and it was not the buffed version. He still has the same kinda problems lategame when his passive is down and you have to gather the stacks, but during the proc he's insane. And building full ap helps with the downtime since your spells do damage on their own and he doesn't rely on the spamming alone to do significant damage. Sure he needs some practise to manage your spells, if you accidentally cast w and e behind each other you're fucked for the rest of the proc, but if you chain them right you're able to have atleast 2 passive procs in a row with full cdr. So fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I thought Ryze still went 9/0/21...

...would like to see a probuild version.
    Here's the link to the game where Ryze was played in Korea. CuVee ran 21/0/9 masteries and an ap runebook with movespeed quints. I'm gonna have to try that out, been running with ap quints for some earlier power but come to think of it movespeed is rly good too.
    Last edited by Avutu; 2015-06-03 at 08:43 PM.

Because of responsibilities I only get to play so often. So I've never gone past Silver one. I constantly lose promotions classically due to a failing bot lane. (I play top or jung) But as I stated earlier..in previous years with worse provisional scores they just gave me Silver one.... yet when I was practically Faker for three games! (Mad hyperbole) going 8/2 I was given Silver three...the fuck is MMR
    MMR - Match Making Rating, hidden rating so to speak. Can be over or under the current elo you are.
    I believe 1300 Elo is Silver 3 (I am at 1400 as Silver 2 atleast) and Gold 1 is 1500, so not 100% correct here. But you said you where Silver 1, so lets say you had about 1450 Elo.
    In your promo you lost to two teams that had an average Elo that was lower than yours, so you lost a lot of Elo because of bad match making. Then you won your 3 Faker games, but that was against people that was lower Elo than yours, again due to poor match making system, and you didn't gain that much Elo. This is the same as when you are playing ranked matches (after promo) and you gain 2 rating when you win, but lose like 20, this is when your Elo is higher than the Elo of the place the game thinks you belong. The same thing goes on in the placement matches, you just dont see the numbers. In the end the game sums it all up and place you where you belong.
    Then it is your job to show the game and the system that you are better than what those 10 games "proved" and start to climb. Everyone falls down after placement matches, I fell from Gold 4 to Silver 3.

Now if the system is stupid is a whole other discussion..

- - - Updated - - -

You can check your MMR at op.gg or lolking I believe (not sure if Lolking got mmr or just the elo from the ladder system, but pretty sure op.gg got mmr aswell, I cant check mine as I havent played a ranked game in a month or two so not enough data.)

Felt this video explained it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnEcyEctgc
    Last edited by Noxina; 2015-06-03 at 09:29 PM.

What do you guys think of Kayle, recently? She hasn't had a few changes recently, and I haven't played her since I mained her back in early S4 and switched to jungling. Been playing her all day on a whim, I think she works pretty well in the current meta, and her passive helps shred tanks.

Been building hybrid, with first few items being Nashor's, Zephyr, and Runaan's, with Magic Penetration boots. Gives a decent amount of attack speed and raw damage, 40% CDR, and Runaan's procs her passive, Nashor's, and BotRK when I get it. Guinsoo's Rageblade is normally my last item, and gives a lot of durability as well.

I don't normally build defense on her, as the 36 second cooldown on her ult is usually enough for me to survive teamfights (though I believe this will change as I get to higher elos).

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    MMR - Match Making Rating, hidden rating so to speak. Can be over or under the current elo you are.
    I believe 1300 Elo is Silver 3 (I am at 1400 as Silver 2 atleast) and Gold 1 is 1500, so not 100% correct here. But you said you where Silver 1, so lets say you had about 1450 Elo.
    In your promo you lost to two teams that had an average Elo that was lower than yours, so you lost a lot of Elo because of bad match making. Then you won your 3 Faker games, but that was against people that was lower Elo than yours, again due to poor match making system, and you didn't gain that much Elo. This is the same as when you are playing ranked matches (after promo) and you gain 2 rating when you win, but lose like 20, this is when your Elo is higher than the Elo of the place the game thinks you belong. The same thing goes on in the placement matches, you just dont see the numbers. In the end the game sums it all up and place you where you belong.
    Then it is your job to show the game and the system that you are better than what those 10 games "proved" and start to climb. Everyone falls down after placement matches, I fell from Gold 4 to Silver 3.

Now if the system is stupid is a whole other discussion..

- - - Updated - - -

You can check your MMR at op.gg or lolking I believe (not sure if Lolking got mmr or just the elo from the ladder system, but pretty sure op.gg got mmr aswell, I cant check mine as I havent played a ranked game in a month or two so not enough data.)

Felt this video explained it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnEcyEctgc
    Thank you, this was a great post. An has inspired me to climb

They're released a blog/previews for a HUD Update!

looks gorgeous, though it'll take a few games to get used to. Can't wait for it to go live.

Oh God, looks good! Now, if they also added an option to move things around, I would love it even more! But it is clearly an upgrade to what we currently have

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, this was a great post. An has inspired me to climb
    Awesome! Glad to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    What do you guys think of Kayle, recently? She hasn't had a few changes recently, and I haven't played her since I mained her back in early S4 and switched to jungling. Been playing her all day on a whim, I think she works pretty well in the current meta, and her passive helps shred tanks.

Been building hybrid, with first few items being Nashor's, Zephyr, and Runaan's, with Magic Penetration boots. Gives a decent amount of attack speed and raw damage, 40% CDR, and Runaan's procs her passive, Nashor's, and BotRK when I get it. Guinsoo's Rageblade is normally my last item, and gives a lot of durability as well.

I don't normally build defense on her, as the 36 second cooldown on her ult is usually enough for me to survive teamfights (though I believe this will change as I get to higher elos).
    Always liked to go with Zhonya on her, so I can use my ult on a teammate and still be able to survive if they focus me. Never really played her hybrid though, perhaps I should give that a try sometime.
    But as you, I haven't really played her that much since S4 when everyone played her, a shame really, she is fun