Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Except when people don't stand on top of your kegs and don't instantgib them. When you play anyone as glass cannon 1 person is not a problem, ever, you can easily burst one person down (especially with free CC removal), but when you get Elise and Trundle or whatever on top of you - you die instantly before even first keg is ready for blast.

It works with GP the same way it works with anyone else - you don't go full AD if you feel threatened from enemy team. If there is no one to contest you - go for expensive damage items, but in the late game you have to have at least two defensive items to not die from a single Jinx rocket

- - - Updated - - -

It's really weird ADC that stand on top of a barrel
    I assume you don't know how his barrel works? You put on close to you, that they need to overextend to hit, then you just make chain of kegs towards them (it is a really long range on them, plus you can spam them super fast), beyond them, and even cut them off. Then blow up the one you had ready (that is down on 1 HP thing, while the others are still at 3), they all blow up, and the whole enemy team loses 1k HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Man, love the lu bu skin on jarvan but I wish they use it on other champs as well

Since I've seen no discussion on the PROJECT line, I'll post here. The new PROJECT skin lines sound really cool. Lucian, Fiora, Leona, and Zed, plus one unrevealed (possibly two?), and the already included Yasuo. I personally think the one that remains as "Memory trace: lost" is Yone, or at least related to Yasuo, somehow, since his and the lost one's codes are the same.

I've been itching for a new Leona skin, hoping this is kinda dark/sci fi like the fan-based Eclipse one.

I know it'll never happen, since she's getting the Arcade skin, but I can hope for a PROJECT: Riven skin.

15+ Year Old Account
    its been confirmed that yone has nothing to do with the project line.

Eh, maybe not nothing after rereading the post made on the LAS board but they did confirm that there is no new champion coming along with them (and a lot of people were yelling about it being Yone.)
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-08-19 at 07:03 PM.

That moment when your mirror match Ashe opponent constantly spams their rank 5 emote, and you then proceed to beat him on CS and in lane and he rage quits.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    He have finally got his bleed turned into physical damage, it's hardly a nerf because now it benefits from arp and (correct me if i'm wrong) can stack black cleaver on enemy.

Removal of MS adds some counterplay against Darius, before with clunky Apprehend, you could grab people who were 2 or 3 teemos from its range thanks to high MS, ping and other shit involved. He is less than "hurr u bleed i move faster you can't run away, durr".

Yeah, Decimate now hits for less, but now it heals and overall it's better tool for trading hits with enemies. It's also quite cheap and spammable ability, so it having that much damage was absurd.
    Heal is hardly situational, but helps you to stay on lane after trading hits with enemy, just like Rene does, except he can't go all Olaf and get full health from a single creep wave - he have to keep hitting enemy until he is out of range

AS slow should be gone from this ability, it gave him too much of an advantage over other melee top laners. 90% slow guarantees that you land at least two attacks and they you will be able to not hit enemy with handle of your axe when he jumps on you.

His E didn't "lost the ability", it got fixed. It grabbed people not after they get hooked, but before and it was a huge issue.

His R is awesome, it deals crapton of true damage and finishes off people while giving you huge AD buff. I don't get how you are not able to land 5 hits on enemy on lane, if you grab your opponent it's free 5 stacks (grab, auto, cripple, auto, auto, decimate with new build because 175 attack range does wonders). If enemy goes all balls onto you - it's free 5 stacks (yeah, you lose plenty of health in this case, but who cares, you can recover from it). And it wasn't intentional "threat", Darius is not Malzahar, he should kill people with ult, just like Axe does in dota - you either land a kill with your ult - or if fizzles and you get nothing. And it's "great" game design - if you champion doesn't happen to have dash - you autolose to Darius unless he royally fucks up.

This is what happens when you try to balance a champion who lacked counterplay - you get people bitching about it and calling nerfs unfair because they never actually fought Darius because they were playing him and enjoyed autowinning lane, while his opponent had to either get lots of ganks or rely on his team to not suck while he farms because he lost his lane.

I've been playing Poppy, Rene and Trundle vs Darius pickers on top, it's not fun to autolose, even when you are level 2-3 Rene and wreck two kills in a row - Darius easily wins the lane because of his bleed and "lol ur AS is gone u mad?" while smacking you 4 times in a row while you go all Neo in slow-mo. When i play versus Darius it always feels unfairly hard, it's not like playing Rene vs Vayne, where you are obviously in shit position but you at least have a chance, you can risk and win, but with Darius - you can't risk, because you will die constantly, over and over again if you try to manfight him.

But honestly, i am more outraged about Twitch. Ooooh, 36 AD looks weird, but Twitch missing autos at max range, and half of champions can dodge his autos while ult which actually makes you wonder in late "do i want to use my ult and give enemy ability to dodge my attacks or i just go face?", or that his ult still gives less damage than fucking Vaynes ult, and that his Expunge becomes utter shit in late (and instead of fixing it, they gave its fixed version to another champion that outshines Twitch in everything he does), yeah, to do max Expunge damage you have to land 6 fucking basic attacks as ADC. If you get lucky it's fucking 6k damage, who the fuck is going to survive this just to get 1k extra damage on top of that 6k. What a wonderful ability. I mean, what a wonderful waste of an ability, because outside of farming creeps it's not worth using in late because its cast time interrupts your attack, that most likely deals same damage to target of importance, instead of all the bullshit you just hit with cast+random people who got hit by your ult (and no, your main target just dashed and flashed from two of your autos successfully evading 2k damage so he will take 0 damage from Expunge anyways)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-08-19 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Since I've seen no discussion on the PROJECT line, I'll post here. The new PROJECT skin lines sound really cool. Lucian, Fiora, Leona, and Zed, plus one unrevealed (possibly two?), and the already included Yasuo. I personally think the one that remains as "Memory trace: lost" is Yone, or at least related to Yasuo, somehow, since his and the lost one's codes are the same.

I've been itching for a new Leona skin, hoping this is kinda dark/sci fi like the fan-based Eclipse one.

I know it'll never happen, since she's getting the Arcade skin, but I can hope for a PROJECT: Riven skin.
    Honestly, why the hell are people even on the Yone hype train? He's dead. His brother killed him because he was a shit-tier swordsman. What on Earth makes that an appealing champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Darius does not counter Renekton. Renekton's ult negates Darius' ult damage and Renekton has much better mobility and sustain in lane. Poppy loses to everyone, not even a joke. Trundle sustains against Darius.

If your argument is that Darius beat everyone then I'm just going to not bother with you because that's the dumbest thing I've heard today. 5 stacks only happens on idiots in lane or people trying to kill you. Balancing a champion with the logic that in Bronze-Gold people will sit there and let you hit them is a great way to make a horrible champion.

You defended the Veigar changes and Veigar has now fallen off the face of the earth.
    Rene dies anyways because of bleed and ignite, now, since it's just 200+ignite instead of 320+ingite he will no longer hard counter Rene. Rene has better sustain right until you both ding 6 and Darius pick up Chainmail. Trundle can't sustain against Darius, because he gets healed only when creeps reach tower, where you can't last hit efficiently and get axed and bled constantly. And, as soon as Darius gets chainmail - bye bye your damage, he outstands you in manfight (thanks to AS slow) and he outdamages you thanks to fast 5 stacks.
    Poppy doesn't lose to everyone, you still can outplay your opponents and her mana issues are solvable via runes. Or go for afk farm, get triforce + gunblade/botrk and rek people with your OP ult 'till win

No, my argument is that Darius has little to no counterplay, and he auto-wins vs any melee (except i suppose Fiora and GP because i haven't experienced this match up enough yet). He still easily beatable by Lulu or Vayne (while he still can bullshit grab her when she is already out of range) or Quinn, when you see Darius picked you can go for numerous amount of mid-long ranged heroes and win it, but if you pick melee top and get Darius as your opponent - you are fucked. And if he communicates with his jungler - you are doublefucked.

5 stacks happen on basically anyone, you have to get into melee range to land 5 stacks, you have slow that resets swing timer, close range attack, and grab AND MS advantage over your opponent. And if you going to say "duh you can dash out", no, you can't, because his grab in basically Dans' Super and counters everything.

All in all, his laning phase was utter garbage (not in sense that he loses to everyone or wins everyone, but in sense that he had no counterplay for melee heroes, or unfair advantage in sense "i just brainlessly run in and you do shit about it or die").

I still win lanes and games as Veigar, can't say that i'm not happy with changes, they made his gameplay much more fluid and interesting.

Anyways, update on juggernauts is just kicking in, everything is subject to change, and we take into account only singular champion changes, without taking into account changes to other champions and items.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-08-19 at 09:10 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I feel like Pantheon could/should beat Darius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Prove to me that Darius beats every melee if you're going to use that as your excuse. Renekton, Garen, and Fiora can beat Darius. It's not a matchup decided at champ select. Shen and Mundo can easily get past laning phase against Darius and after that Darius cannot do anything against them. That's 5 melee champions that Darius doesn't auto win against.

Instead of blaming the enemy champion maybe you should revise how you handle your laning if you lose against Darius whenever you're melee. Are there some matchups in favor of Darius? Of course. Why does it matter? There are always going to be favorable matchups. Diana is strong against Katarina, Lee Sin and Rek'sai counters stealth champions, Caitlyn beats Vayne, Karthus farms against everyone.
    I would, but thanks rito there is no replay system, that's why this forum consist of people throwing opinions and 3rd grade calculations at each other, mostly because of variable experience, because no one ever fought same Darius in the game. Sure they can, up until the point where they are not capable of out-surviving him (in case of Garen - he won't even be able to use his passive properly, to do so he will have to surrender all farm and stand back).
    That's the case, you either win Darius because of his own mistakes (or help of your teammates, or outpicking him, or when you have your powerspike), but after that you have to just get past laning phase because there is nothing much to do against him - you get close - you die or end up severely wounded. Or, in case if you have more power than he does at same level - you kill him, but it's too easy for Darius to deny you this ability, and his AS slow has great stopping power.

Last time i've been playing against Darius was when i was Rene and i killed him at level 3, level 6 (thanks to first blood advantage) and level 7, but then he was able to beat me as soon as he got his sunfire, ignoring almost 2k gold advantage, he just outright did more damage to me than i did to him (mostly because sunfire + bleed are magical damage and you can't itemize versus both physical and magical damage in early-mid game without sacrificing health or damage). He should have some difficulties to play (i've been playing him myself, i am quite familiar with the situation) and yes, the most difficult matchups were Pantheon, WW and Mundo, everything else (Wu, Rene, Quinn, Vayne, Yorick, etc) were piece of a cake, and i felt to challenge in it, it was even easier than playing Garen, you just walk close enough, ram buttons, follow while attacking, ram buttons again and ult.
    Now you have a challenge in sense of having to actually think before spinning an axe, and that you don't have "free win manfight" card of AS slow. He will be harder to play definitely, but if you are good enough you won't see the difference.

Anyways, i believe i exaggerate Darius' ability to bully melee champions in his current state, and you exaggerate impact of nerfs to his numbers while ignoring other changes to his gameplay
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-08-20 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Darius is overpowered and the majority of times toxic players.
    It's a play to win champion

#overpowered

With all this OP talk, I'd say GP is OP.

Scary lane? Safely farm with Q, perhaps you miss some CS, but you gain a lot of gold and win the lane if both of you just farm (as you get more gold passive)

Even lane? Pop a barrel in the brush, focus on last hitting with Q, if he goes in pop a barrel on his face that connects with the one in the brush, scare him off with a double passive ignite melee hit + barrel explosion.

You're the king? GG.

Also, fish up kills with kill securing *cough cough* with you ult to gain even more an advantage.

Mid to late game, watch as they get blown up by 1k kegs. Last game I actually blew 50% of their whole team with two barrels (one up safe with me, then one linked with that one right in their face.) and an ult on top of that, so they couldn't run out of my barrel range.
    And going 1v2 toplane is easy aswell, after you got your Triforce and not even a finished IE.

GP OP. And hellafun!
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote here
    players who have been Chat Restricted, Ranked Restricted or Game Banned during the 2015 Season will not receive Season Rewards in Ranked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Ohh god. The salt will be very much real. Hahahaha

Sounds fair to me, people who get those punishments don't really deserve to be rewarded (me included this season :O), to me it is a way to 'force' people to act better - want reward? Behave!

I played a few Darius games, he for sure don't feel OP. He is a pretty good lane bully. My first game as new Darius I was against a Garen. I had Ignite and he had TP, so easy early kill for me, and getting 5 stacks really wasn't a problem. Q max range - Auto - W - Auto - E to grip him back to you (this might be used earlier if he decided to try to run from you with his Q, but I always went in on him AFTER he used his Q to harass me or last hit) = 5 blood stacks in no time, so 40 AD from that (Which is A LOT early lvls) + the bleed dmg that now scales with AD (Dont know if it did that before?) + Ignite = dead Garen in seconds.

Later in team fights, I only felt I could get off 5 stacks if Garen went in on us, and I could smack him a couple of times. If a carry overextended that far he would die LONG before I even got 2-3 stacks on him. And the Rank 3 ultimate reset really sound amazing, but is not needed at all. Because if you are level 16, most of your fights are team fights, and the full reset really didn't feel needed at all. Unless I managed to get a pick in the jungle or something.
    Only thing is it felt nice to not care about using my ult on a 1v1 (as Darius wins pretty much any 1v1 if he wins early game).

So as I felt it was: really good in fights where the target decide to not run away from you. You NEED that 5 stacks to do decent damage if you go tank. Laning phase was a dream, started bottle + 3 pots, and felt I could do just fine without those pots. The healing from Q is really nice, and the bottle gives you great mana sustain early so you can spam it.
    Fun champion for sure, but did not feel OP or even new after the rework.

Can't wait to test out Garen soon-ish, when I want to play again (1-2 games/day is more than enough, lol)

- - - Updated - - -

(P.S) I do feel that Garen was kind of new to Garen, rework and all. He did have a skin, but that dosn't magically let him know what he is doing. Though he did go on a killing spree later when he just outright left top lane and roamed (he died the second he came top, so I feel him..).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. Riot is on that whole reform hype, right? If people reformed properly, and according to their own sources 70% of the people hit with a chat restriction never got a second one, it feels pretty darn bad to still get hit with removal of the season's rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Dunno. Riot is on that whole reform hype, right? If people reformed properly, and according to their own sources 70% of the people hit with a chat restriction never got a second one, it feels pretty darn bad to still get hit with removal of the season's rewards.
    They can reform for the next season. More importantly if it's known that bans will cost you season rewards some toxic players might just stop playing if they get banned in a season, which is good for everyone. LoL has enough players that it can afford to lose the kids who blame everyone else for their losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The new items are really nice on Hecarim, who I've been playing a lot for a while now. Dead Man's Plate is a good, early armor item and provides pretty much everything he needs and wants. Charging in with an E, plus TriForce's Spellblade passive, plus the passive on the DMP makes your ganks and initiations in the mid/late game really hurt. Spirit Visage is cheaper than before and also a bit more powerful. Kinda disliking the change to Cinderhulk, but I guess it was sorta needed, ish. Whatever, I'm still unkillable in teamfights (Spirit of Dread OP).

The newer items work pretty well on the Pony Train, especially the new Sterak's Gage. I duo with a buddy and end up being the only teanky guy on the team, so this'll make my job a lot easier. The Titanic Hydra is pretty nice too, all Hecarim's damage is AoE and it just adds to that. The change to Warmog's is, as I expected, really powerful.

Disliking some changes, liking others. Going to test out Skarner next, he's one of my favorite junglers and I'm really looking forward to the Crystal Spires. Mordekaiser as well, kinda worried, but I hear his Q does tons of damage, and I think he'll be fine bot with a good support like Sona, Soraka, or Leona. Perhaps Thresh, hook + lantern, + Morde's third Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget about Skarner. You're not going to get to play him until the hot fix goes through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Ohh god. The salt will be very much real. Hahahaha
    You should see reddit right now. Place is BLOWING up over this.