I don't know why they don't keep recycling the old game modes. Aram or normals gets boring when you don't want to play ranked.

Deleted
    So recently i have been mourning over the death of Dominion and sad that there is no permanent game mode that feeds my needs.
    So as a last resort i decided to go back to Twisted Treeline after a break of Months from league of legends.
    It was a pleasant experience

Still 50min games -_- which is my main problem with the game
    But for some reason i feel at home in Twisted Treeline.
    Not as good as Dominion though but the IMPACT you have in a 3x3 game is much greater than a 5x5 game.
    At least thats what it seems to me

Hi All!

Just started playing League! I am enjoying it so far, I am very new, but I have been playing top lane and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

I've played Poppy, Singed, and Malphite!

Just looking for some suggestions on additional top lane heroes I should play? I am pretty good at last hitting (I played Dota a long time ago), so I like a hero that has high impact! Also, any additional tips for a new top laner?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Hi All!

Just started playing League! I am enjoying it so far, I am very new, but I have been playing top lane and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

Just looking for some suggestions on additional top lane heroes I should play? I am pretty good at last hitting (I played Dota a long time ago), so I like a hero that has high impact! Also, any additional tips for a new top laner?

Thanks!
    op.gg is a good website to check who is strong in your lane, an who's bad.

Although personally! Renekton, Ryze, Mordekaiser, Akali are fun top choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Hi All!

Thanks!
    Camille and Darius are always worth learning, they'll never be "weak", to be honest.

Gnar and Maokai are great tanks that should always at least be slightly known by a top-laner.

Fighter-y picks are great too, Renekton, Mordekaiser, Irelia (though I think the new one's a bit weak)

Tryndamere and Aatrox are actually good if you can get really good at them.. Despite what people say.
    Last edited by mmocea80e1e16f; 2018-04-18 at 11:23 AM. Reason: English is hard

Got it! I have played mostly tanky champions for the group I play with, but I just feel ineffective later in the game; as I don't really do much damage.

LoL seems to be really snowbally to me (some games, one champion can kill all 5 heroes with no help from their team) that's much different then DOTA, but perhaps we've just been playing against really good players.

I have Aatrox, have played him once; he is kind of fun, I like to play initiators, I have seen this https://rankedboost.com/top-lane-tier-list/ which makes me sad, becuase all the heroes I like to play a below average..

Thanks for the help guys!

How do I go about reporting people that actually admit to be losing on purpose to get downranked? Met a "smurf" that was losing on purpose (though he tilted his ass off after dying 3 times, to then just blame the jungler for him overstaying 24/7 in his lane).

He admited several times in all chat and in the aftermatch chat that he was losing on purpose, and that this would be the 9th account (8 is perma banned for toxic/feeding), just don't feel the ingame report system works that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How do I go about reporting people that actually admit to be losing on purpose to get downranked? Met a "smurf" that was losing on purpose (though he tilted his ass off after dying 3 times, to then just blame the jungler for him overstaying 24/7 in his lane).

He admited several times in all chat and in the aftermatch chat that he was losing on purpose, and that this would be the 9th account (8 is perma banned for toxic/feeding), just don't feel the ingame report system works that well.
    I don't know for your region. There's this person that I know in my region that I send my reports to, for extreme cases and the actions come pretty fast.
    For other cases, I just click on the intentional feeding/leaving game or as appropriate and do get a notification that they've been punished once in awhile.

However, since my "contact" is moving on to do other things and I'm not that much into league anymore, I've stopped with uploading reports and submitting it. Though I still get notifications for reports sent, but I'm not as hardcore as previously where I'd note that IGN and track their "last game played" hahaha

My attitude now is
    1. end game, report
    2. wait for 5 mins then queue again so I don't meet the same guy
    3. if i meet the same guy, I'll report the same things again (even if I win and he's on the opponent team and I kill him multiple times)
    4. hope I don't see him again

And if I meet toxic players in game, I'd just keep on playing. But it's partly cos I seem to be stuck in betwen Plat 2 and 1 (5 times) this season and can't make it to diamond so I'm just salty (initially planned to get in within 1 month and play PS4 but it's been 4 months now and my ultimatium is by end May lol.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    I don't know for your region. There's this person that I know in my region that I send my reports to, for extreme cases and the actions come pretty fast.
    For other cases, I just click on the intentional feeding/leaving game or as appropriate and do get a notification that they've been punished once in awhile.

However, since my "contact" is moving on to do other things and I'm not that much into league anymore, I've stopped with uploading reports and submitting it. Though I still get notifications for reports sent, but I'm not as hardcore as previously where I'd note that IGN and track their "last game played" hahaha

My attitude now is
    1. end game, report
    2. wait for 5 mins then queue again so I don't meet the same guy
    3. if i meet the same guy, I'll report the same things again (even if I win and he's on the opponent team and I kill him multiple times)
    4. hope I don't see him again

And if I meet toxic players in game, I'd just keep on playing. But it's partly cos I seem to be stuck in betwen Plat 2 and 1 (5 times) this season and can't make it to diamond so I'm just salty (initially planned to get in within 1 month and play PS4 but it's been 4 months now and my ultimatium is by end May lol.
    Yeah, I used the ingame report system and just wrote down the things he said/did. Hopefully it will be enough. Had a chat with the enemy ADC after the match and he was sure my ADC (the person I'm talking about) was int feeding, as he sometimes just walked into him and died without fighting back, just spamming emotes etc.
    So he did atleast get two reports after that game. Just a shame that if he gets permabanned (again) he can simply make/buy a new account and keep on doing it.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yeah, I used the ingame report system and just wrote down the things he said/did. Hopefully it will be enough. Had a chat with the enemy ADC after the match and he was sure my ADC (the person I'm talking about) was int feeding, as he sometimes just walked into him and died without fighting back, just spamming emotes etc.
    So he did atleast get two reports after that game. Just a shame that if he gets permabanned (again) he can simply make/buy a new account and keep on doing it.
    Yea. Sometimes it's cos they lost hope in climbing so they don't care and just spam deaths, totally hate these kinds of people.

I think unless they're really rich and have nothing to do, they won't bother buying a new account just to keep up with these. In my case, I only play ranked games, so it'll take awhile for them to get enough champs and get back into the same elo/MMR (currently stuck at Plat 1/2).

All I can hope for is that if they keep up that same attitude, they get banned while climbing Silver/Gold unless they're really really good players who can troll but win their way up. But by that time, since my target's always D5, it's either that I would've reached it by then or I would've failed promos 2 more times (this will be my 4th try) and have given up and won't be playing anymore hahaha.

PS: I just met a troll yesterday but was lucky that the was on my opponent's team. One which he was in my team, was hard but we managed to win, twice on my opponent's team, one trolling and intentionally feeding (after he died to drag) and one he was actually trying but my team was good. Reported him all 3 times and decided not to queue on my main account in case I meet him again.
    Last edited by flyingspacesheep; 2018-05-07 at 03:45 AM.

What are some good champs to buy? Also what role is best for beginner? My friends have been sending me mid and coming from Dota that seems so wrong! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaom View Post
    What are some good champs to buy? Also what role is best for beginner? My friends have been sending me mid and coming from Dota that seems so wrong! lol
    Not very easy to answer.. It all comes down to what you prefer, to be honest.

I started off as a support (my friend who got me into LoL was an ADC, so it was the easiest route for us to go at that time), started off with more passive supporst like Soraka and Janna, before moving over to more play making supports like Thresh and Leona.

Don't know much about mid lane though, so can't really help you there. But my best tip (I'd say) is to just try out all the free to play champions (new rotation every week) and see if you find one you like. I bet it sucks to come to LoL now with so many champions to choose from, and really no way to test them before buying them..

Annie. It's a simple champ that helps you with last hitting and a no brainer champ for kills.

1. Take Ignite and Flash
    2. For runes, Electrocute>Sudden Impact>Eyeball>Ravenous + Minion Dematerializer>Cosmic Insight
    3. Max Q then W then E. (Obviously pump R whenever)
    4. Ionion boots + Luden's Echo and whatever else you want Protobelt/Rylai/Torment/Void Staff and/or skip Rylai/Protobelt for Cap.

Last hitting with Q gives you mana to sustain in lane. Once you hit lvl 6, just store up 4 charges (cast spells) so you can stun, Flash in, R>W>Q>Ignite>Auto attack. This will likely kill your opponent, then just repeat it for the whole game.

It's going to sound weird, but I highly recommend playing at least a few games of ARAM a week while you're learning the roster. It forces you to play and see lots of different champs and team comps that really help you later on with matchups. Plus the games are fast and the atmosphere is way less stressful, with constant teamfights to keep things interesting.

Role really comes down to your playstyle. If you want to learn last hitting and wave management without much pressure go top. If you want to have a partner with you while you learn go support. If you want to get blamed for every person who loses their lane, go jungle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So I finally made it back to diamond last week in season 8 and have finally started playing my PS4 again. (just excited and want to get it off my chest =_=")

This season was pretty hard for me @_@.

Aw, hoped to get some of my mates back into playing with this Clash league thingy, but needs Honor rank 2 to participate.. They all quit playing before the new honor system got added :/

Acutally had one of those games that are 100% impossible to carry, not even a master player could have carried this low gold game.

First off, I get autofilled ADC, my second least played role. But w/e how hard can it be, right? Pick Ez and tell my support I just want to farm and take easy fights as I am not 100% sure about this role. He proceeds to no reply, picks Ghost/Flash Alistar and hugs our turret. To put things into perspective, by the time their Brand support had 300g gained from his item, Alistar had 120g, so not much last hitting. He literally just stood afk under the turret, then out of the blue he would jump in do his combo, pop ghost and die while flashing out before I can even do anything, as we had two waves of minions under our turret. Amazing.

Though he wasn't even the worst part.
    Our jungler was 1/8 11 minutes in.
    By the five minute mark, all my teammates had died once. We lost our first turret 8 minutes in, and now we're 10 kills behind. Two minutes later they kill all my teammates again, no sure what they where doing, but we also lost another turret..

And this is how it just kept on going untill we actually lost 14 minutes in. They pretty much just backed at 10 minute mark and bought a couple of items and dumpstered us, by this time I couldn't do anything as Ez, as I built Tear first item. end up 2/3/3 with the team going 31/8.

Not even mad, just got my mindblown at how bad some players actually are. To be fair, I didn't pay much attention to how the fight where going, if the enemy just got extremely lucky in some fights and snowballed af. But I'd bet good money on that they where just fucking trash.. bleh

Aw, hoped to get some of my mates back into playing with this Clash league thingy, but needs Honor rank 2 to participate.. They all quit playing before the new honor system got added :/
    I thought that everyone started at Honor Rank 2? Maybe they just need to play a game? Cos I once noticed my honor rank, took a screenshot and people laughed at it cos it's the default honor rank hahaaha.

100% impossible to carry

end up 2/3/3 with the team going 31/8
    Kudos on 2/3/3 though such games are inevitable once in awhile. It's just luck that you meet players who don't perform well for all roles all in 1 game.

As an Ezreal, it's also really hard for you to do anything when you're so far back.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    I thought that everyone started at Honor Rank 2? Maybe they just need to play a game? Cos I once noticed my honor rank, took a screenshot and people laughed at it cos it's the default honor rank hahaaha.

Kudos on 2/3/3 though such games are inevitable once in awhile. It's just luck that you meet players who don't perform well for all roles all in 1 game.

As an Ezreal, it's also really hard for you to do anything when you're so far back.
    Ah, perhaps thats true, maybe I should try to get them to go online and play a game or two and see what honor rank they get

Yeah, some games are just wierd. Was literally nothing I could do that match.

Ah, perhaps thats true, maybe I should try to get them to go online and play a game or two and see what honor rank they get

Yeah, some games are just wierd. Was literally nothing I could do that match.
    Yeap you definitely should.

I don't play AD as well, so there are only a few ADs that I fall back on and Ezreal's one of them so I can understand how you feel heh.

Have recently been going on Zilean mid (actually I'm kinda trolling in a way but it actually also works) and have the need to depend on teammates because of the nature of my R. At peak, my R is on a 25s CD which can be abused if one of my other carries get strong.

The only problem comes where they can get decently strong and if the remainder team comp, can actually tank and peel. Because of the fast CD, sometimes people just expect me to spam R non-stop, go dmg as "they can get revived anyways". Problem is, they die in 3 hits and I don't even have time to press E>Q>W>Q then R them.

It's also dumb to R someone with half HP because, unless the opponents are noob, they can just stop hitting and wait for the R to be over. Or even just take the kill because they can burst everyone else down anyways.