Scaling in DotA is reliant on items, not spells. Go play against a tinker with guinsoo and you'll see what I mean. Also, Lion with dagon 5/scepter/eth blade/BoT/guinsoo/refresher can pretty much solo an entire team by himself. Honestly, since you can dish out over 5k burst damage with just dagon 5 and eth blade, most games won't last past those items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    No denying. Yes, I could deny pretty well, no I wasn't a noob. However (in MY opinion) it was the most stupid mechanic ever. Yes it takes skill to do it, but it wasn't fun.
    God I hated that "mechanic", I hated having to do that and I hated having it done to me.

One of the most annoying and dumb mandatory tactics in any game ever in my opinion.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    snip
    You are right. But that would also mean you play vs lesser enemies. Getting to that point you carry the team means you won a long time ago!

Also a reason why I do not like to watch LoL ranked/tournament games... so lame. The individual skill is what makes games/sports good to watch.

The stuff they pull off is just amazing by times. You hardly see that in LoL. Sure you have some nice combo's in teamfights but yeah..

Lysan watch this I am sure you will find it entertaining. This is something I miss in LoL (Mainly because there is no replay system!)
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-09-26 at 11:23 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post

Lysan watch this I am sure you will find it entertaining. This is something I miss in LoL (Mainly because there is no replay system!)
    I think there is one already, I haven't searched for it myself but TotalBiscuit uses it for his LoL videos.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    You are right. But that would also mean you play vs lesser enemies. Getting to that point you carry the team means you won a long time ago!

Also a reason why I do not like to watch LoL ranked/tournament games... so lame. The individual skill is what makes games/sports good to watch.

The stuff they pull off is just amazing by times. You hardly see that in LoL. Sure you have some nice combo's in teamfights but yeah..

Yeah all of that is exactly what I mean...LoL is all about 5v5s where individual skill counts for next to nothing...

I also really miss DotA terrain and weather, LoL is all flat and the river is meh...also, are they ever bringing back the winter map?

Also, LoL has lolreplay, or you can just use FRAPS like I do.

Yeah all of that is exactly what I mean...LoL is all about 5v5s where individual skill counts for next to nothing...

I also really miss DotA terrain and weather, LoL is all flat and the river is meh...also, are they ever bringing back the winter map?

Also, LoL has lolreplay, or you can just use FRAPS like I do.
    Yeah but that is a ghetto replay :<
    I mean it would be awesome if they added a pause and a real replay system. Hell even WC3 had both.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

In my humble opinion, we should concentrate our discussion back to League of Legends and not a comparison between DotA/LoL/HoN/Demigod or whatever Moba game out there still exists.

Everyone has his own opinion and just because A does like [GameA] better than [GameB], it doesn't mean that GameA is superior in any form to GameB. You don't like summoner spells, the "comic" look of LoL or the fact you can't deny creeps? Well, enjoy playing HoN or DotA 1/2 then.
    You miss ability scaling mages, a fresh wind from the old DotA map or just some new ideas? Enjoy your LoL.

Just get the focus of this discussion back to League of Legends as a game and not on how it compares to other games.

Enough of the internet parentship (I recently became a father, does anyone notice? )

How do you guys feel about the yet unreleased map Magma Chamber? Still no ETA, was it scrapped or delayed in favor of Dominion? Maybe the new map for Season 3?

Btw: Replay system for LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    I'm seriously considering quitting LoL for HoN or Dota2. why? Summoner Spells.
    They are, by FAR, the biggest bullshit ever seen in a moba game.
    Exhaust : yeah your opponent cant escape and does no dmg now, fair right?
    flash : instant teleport away, if your enemy has this and you dont due to cd, you will never be able to kill him. fun. yey...
    these 2 are what bothers me, they are just so fucking ridiculous its unreal. raging so hard right now
    >Remove Flash.
    >Nobody ever picks champions like Galio, a slightly squishy melee or a ranged without escape abilities ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    In my humble opinion, we should concentrate our discussion back to League of Legends and not a comparison between DotA/LoL/HoN/Demigod or whatever Moba game out there still exists.

Everyone has his own opinion and just because A does like [GameA] better than [GameB], it doesn't mean that GameA is superior in any form to GameB. You don't like summoner spells, the "comic" look of LoL or the fact you can't deny creeps? Well, enjoy playing HoN or DotA 1/2 then.
    You miss ability scaling mages, a fresh wind from the old DotA map or just some new ideas? Enjoy your LoL.

Just get the focus of this discussion back to League of Legends as a game and not on how it compares to other games.

Enough of the internet parentship (I recently became a father, does anyone notice? )

How do you guys feel about the yet unreleased map Magma Chamber? Still no ETA, was it scrapped or delayed in favor of Dominion? Maybe the new map for Season 3?

Btw: Replay system for LoL
    The comic look of LoL is actually one of my favorite things about it. I think it manages a pretty perfect hybrid between lighthearted silliness and seriousness. I especially love the preposterous custom skins. Union Jack Fiddlesticks? Rofl.

While I"m on the subject of Fiddlesticks skins though... the pumpkin head one is awfully badass...
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    >Remove Flash.
    >Nobody ever picks champions like Galio, a slightly squishy melee or a ranged without escape abilities ever again.
    >Galio doesn't need flash.

Deleted
    >Galio doesn't need flash.
    >Implying Galio could ever initiate as well as another tank without Flash or a retarded Blitz on the enemy team.

>Gust
    >Run in and ult
    >Stop trying to charge down the center of mid lane to set up fights

Deleted
    >Gust
    >Run in and ult
    >Stop trying to charge down the center of mid lane to set up fights
    >Slow
    >Back off/run around/eat cake with/laugh at/go kill their carries.

>Slow
    >Back off/run around/eat cake with/laugh at/go kill their carries.
    I just wish you'd stop trying to pretend like LoL has three champs that are good for anything and the rest are trash in 110% of all situations. Okay, Amumu has a great initiating ability, but after his ult, he's out of the fight. He is literally nothing. Trying to act like his W does any damage to anyone is a joke, only a moron would just let amumu sit on top of him like that. If you can slow and run from Galio, you can do it to amumu. Galio has the same ult, except he also has a speed buff for team, a slow for enemies, and a shield for allies. Amumu just does damage. Galio is a better tank. With or without flash.

Very rarely do people need flash to initiate, it just helps.

Deleted
    I just wish you'd stop trying to pretend like LoL has three champs that are good for anything and the rest are trash in 110% of all situations. Okay, Amumu has a great initiating ability, but after his ult, he's out of the fight. He is literally nothing. Trying to act like his W does any damage to anyone is a joke, only a moron would just let amumu sit on top of him like that. If you can slow and run from Galio, you can do it to amumu. Galio has the same ult, except he also has a speed buff for team, a slow for enemies, and a shield for allies. Amumu just does damage. Galio is a better tank. With or without flash.

Very rarely do people need flash to initiate, it just helps.
    >Slow.
    >Get hit by bandage toss.
    >Oshi-

I'm not saying Galio is trash, he has his uses, I'm just saying he'd be useless (against people with brains, mind you, anyone can randomly come from the jungle and taunt everything against people who aren't the least bit careful) without Flash.

If you play Galio, you set up team fights in places where you don't get kited. Or you wait for them to jump on your team.

Deleted
    If you play Galio, you set up team fights in places where you don't get kited. Or you wait for them to jump on your team.
    Which limits the amount of cool shit Galio can do with flashing through a wall into ulti and suddenly the entire enemy team dies.

>Implying Galio could ever initiate as well as another tank without Flash or a retarded Blitz on the enemy team.
    Galio doesn't need flash to initiate, but I doubt any good Galio wouldn't not take Flash.

Dominion is officially released now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Galio doesn't need flash to initiate, but I doubt any good Galio wouldn't not take Flash.
    Unless flash no longer existed in the game.