Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So, what would be a good counter for Karthus in mid?
    Anybody that can bully him; Karthus can't really handle constant pokes and harassment in lane, and much prefers to just have a farm-off. Champions that can constantly get to him and poke on him will give him issues, because Q just isn't the most reliable way to even out trades.

Soraka, Kassadin, Leblanc and Kennen, among others, give him fits.

Contrary to most other mages, however, Karthus fully benefits from laning against Morgana(or any other non-bully). She simply cannot prevent him from farming his way to hyper-carry status.

I just played a game with one of my RL buddies. He decides to for the first time, in the same game, play a support. It happens to be karma, who has some decent on-demand burst. The lane phase ended with him stealing about 60% of my cs. When team fights started, he stole a total of 8 kills from our team. I was Graves. Because of my friend, I was denied a good portion of my cs for the whole game, and had several kills stolen that would have sped up my build. Oh, we lost too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    Anybody that can bully him; Karthus can't really handle constant pokes and harassment in lane, and much prefers to just have a farm-off. Champions that can constantly get to him and poke on him will give him issues, because Q just isn't the most reliable way to even out trades.

Soraka, Kassadin, Leblanc and Kennen, among others, give him fits.

Contrary to most other mages, however, Karthus fully benefits from laning against Morgana(or any other non-bully). She simply cannot prevent him from farming his way to hyper-carry status.
    Thinking of buying Kennen, but don't have him yet. Do have Swain and Cassiopeia. Guessing that the latter in particular might work?

urgh, just faced the most annoying harrass team

kogmaw + soraka

i mean come on, pretty much endless nuke drops all damn day >_<

the dmg hurts, but its the imba range that needs a nerf

Deleted
    What do you guys think about Viktor by the way? Because I've only seen one so far and he was pretty damn terrible.
    @reverendball, Kog is fine, he's a glass cannon AD carry with long range and high damage, sure, but don't forget he has no escape whatsoever, get someone with a dash like Irelia to facerape him and he's done for. I personally find Vayne way worse, I mean, come on, % of max HP true damage, that's op, cause you CANT counter it >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    PS @Mest: if you are who i think you are, nice to see you still playing WoW and LoL, i remember when our guilds were fighting for realm 2nd LK25 we won by a day but then you beat us on nearly every heroic mode, your Scandinavian tactics were too strong! xD
    Yea dats me, glad you remember! We had no tactics, though; we beat the shit out of the bosses. With our bare hands.

But perhaps that's what scandinavian tactics are.

Deleted
    Thinking of buying Kennen, but don't have him yet. Do have Swain and Cassiopeia. Guessing that the latter in particular might work?
    Cass vs Karthus is a skill lane, the one that hits the Qs better wins
    Thou I think swain could work against him... You are beefy, you have CC to stop karthus from using his E on you, and you have 2 dots. Never tried it thou <.<

Randomly roam teh forums. Find an odd post with an odd name.
    Vimeo Link
    What the heck did I just watch.
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2012-01-05 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    urgh, just faced the most annoying harrass team

kogmaw + soraka

i mean come on, pretty much endless nuke drops all damn day >_<

the dmg hurts, but its the imba range that needs a nerf
    Kog'maw is fine, his ult range is stupid but he has no escape mechanism and his auto-attack range is really short.

yeah, i know kogmaws not that OP

just QQing about the ult range, espec wen he could spam it from across the map all damn day with Soraka pumping his mana.

i know hes squishy, but its hard to get close wen that harass is so strong.

and @killidan: true that, seen a few super strong vaynes recently. vayne with ahri or rammus taunt is some serious pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Guess Wriggles is what I'm getting enxt time against an Irelia, it's just that I don't like Wriggles all that much on Trynd. Ah well.
    Give it a try, didn't liked it at the first glance either. Tried it once, made it core.

So, what would be a good counter for Karthus in mid?
    LeBlanc, Kennen, Soraka (Ult when he ults)

As a Cassiopeia player, I'm not having much problems with Karthus. As soon as he last hits with Q, punish him with a Q(+EEE) of yourself. Don't let him farm too much. If he suddenly retreats post lvl 6 and you know there is a small fight or gank incoming, follow him and try to stop his Ult by using your Ult on him (his Ult has a longer CD than yours) Always start with Boots + 3 pots. If you are relatively new to Cass, start with 9x Flat MR Blues.

Deleted
    you can just buy an hourglass to counter karthus' most dangerous spell. dodge his Qs and his damage output is a lot lower. you could also possibly buy a hexdrinker if it fits what you're playing. both pretty much stop him getting free kills though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    you can just buy an hourglass to counter karthus' most dangerous spell. dodge his Qs and his damage output is a lot lower. you could also possibly buy a hexdrinker if it fits what you're playing. both pretty much stop him getting free kills though.
    if you get hourglass the karthus is just going to sit there and wait for it to go away, then kill you.
    Best thing against karthus is either MR or MS, thou it depends on if the karthus has rylais or not

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    Overall, the issue for Karthus isn't so much surviving him in lane as it is denying his ability to farm in lane--Cass was mentioned a bit here recently, but honestly, she would just create a farm lane with Karthus, as both of them could make connecting Qs on each other relatively fruitless. If Karthus doesn't have his farm denied, however, then his lategame Team Fight presence becomes super strong because of the entirety of his kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Cassio is a pretty good counter for Karthus, I THINK her Q range has a slightly smaller range ( im not too sure ), if she can hit him with it before he gets his off shes pretty much in the clear ( speed boost she gets + boots gives her a pretty nice advantadge especially if the player moves and or knows where enemy will land the skillshot )

but dear lord can you imagine the fun off playing Cassio vs Karthus? now theres a true test off skill

Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Soraka (Ult when he ults)
    This. I did this once. Karthus didn't get like ANY kills at all during his ult. He was so mad at that 'strategy' (ulting at the same time, all the freaking game) that he ragequit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    if you get hourglass the karthus is just going to sit there and wait for it to go away, then kill you.
    Best thing against karthus is either MR or MS, thou it depends on if the karthus has rylais or not
    it's more for the fact that you can deny him free kills from his ult, rather than using it in lane 1v1.

to deny him farm i guess you can just get your jungle to keep pressuring him. he doesn't really have any solid escapes but you of course need to be careful that you don't get caught out in his passive. as well as this you need to make sure that you buy boots first and just keep moving, to be more unpredictable and dodge those Qs. if you can't dodge like a baus just stand near to the creeps so when he tries to hit you he auto pushed the lane, which then makes it even easier to gank.

he really seems like a solid champ, ima probably pick him up soon as i'm starting to enjoy playing mid more.

late-game kennen feels pretty game-breaking to me at the moment, especially with zhonyas. he dives in, stuns everyone, deals a ton of damge with maelstrom alone, then with his charges and you can do squat about for the most importent seconds of the teamfight. Really having a lot of problems with him in 5v5 premades. Anyone having ideas?

it feels very unique as it is a powerful, instantaeous CC that deals a lot of damage. only thing comparable is morgana, which is counterable fairly easy
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't group up.

Deleted
    Any tips for winning mid as Anivia vs. Kassadin? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Any tips for winning mid as Anivia vs. Kassadin? :/
    Pray to all that is holy that he doesn't dodge your Q.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    late-game kennen feels pretty game-breaking to me at the moment, especially with zhonyas. he dives in, stuns everyone, deals a ton of damge with maelstrom alone, then with his charges and you can do squat about for the most importent seconds of the teamfight. Really having a lot of problems with him in 5v5 premades. Anyone having ideas?

it feels very unique as it is a powerful, instantaeous CC that deals a lot of damage. only thing comparable is morgana, which is counterable fairly easy
    If you see him picked, grab somebody that can displace him--Vayne or Gragas, for example. That way you can deny him getting his ideal placement on his ult.