1. #1021
    can't you just change the .txt in the game folder to switch between regions like you could to go between US and EU previously? granted, you might need a new account for the region you play the least, but at least you can play with friends from different sides; albeit not at the same time...

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    can't you just change the .txt in the game folder to switch between regions like you could to go between US and EU previously? granted, you might need a new account for the region you play the least, but at least you can play with friends from different sides; albeit not at the same time...
    You can do it in the launcher, but what's the point of levelling up a new account again, when the transfer "might happen in a week, or two". It's also boring playing through the first 15 levels again. I don't like playing against new people, and a lot of the people will leave and not care.

  3. #1023
    If you want too rush it, sure. But if you still dont manage to get the stacks, it doesnt matter too much.
    Stacking items sucks, I would never use them if I were you.

    I just said that because you mentioned Phantom Dancer. Actually, I see a lot of players (including pr0 players) ignoring dmg per gold ratio and simply buying what's best for late game (like going boots -> Infinite Edge or Black Cleaver), which I think is very risky, because a well geared mid game team will rape you while you're building up for late game.

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Stacking items sucks, I would never use them if I were you.

    I just said that because you mentioned Phantom Dancer. Actually, I see a lot of players (including pr0 players) ignoring dmg per gold ratio and simply buying what's best for late game (like going boots -> Infinite Edge or Black Cleaver), which I think is very risky, because a well geared mid game team will rape you while you're building up for late game.
    Depends on the lane in my opinion. If you're playing as Ranged AD + Support bottom, it's generally risk free (Unless playing versus a Twisted Fate mid or Nocturne Jungle) - The reason for this is, your support can buy the wards to keep you safe, while you free farm bottom. It's not uncommon to start with Dorans Blade, blue pill for 1-2 more and boots, and then get your BF Sword. Granted, I think currently, only Ashe and Tristana would rush Infinity Edge, where as the Vaynes/Caits/Miss Fortunes prefer the BloodThirsters. However, due to getting the 2-3 Dorans Blades (Which are the best gold per stat items in game, along with Dorans Shield/Ring) it gives them the survivability to be able to compete mid-game, while building for late

    Just my 2c though!

    Edit: Whoops, forgot to add:

    Stacking items only become worth their gold at 7 stacks consistently through the game. Anything over that, makes it the best gold per stat item in game. But, it comes with the risk of losing 1/3rd of the stacks when you die. (Which you all know) - So it's whether you think you can maintain the stacks.
    Last edited by Leesa; 2011-07-25 at 08:45 PM.

  5. #1025
    Bloodsail Admiral Musra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Druid trainer in progress at Moonglade
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    What I've found with snowball items: They're good in 2 scenarios.
    A) You know you're going to snowball (Say got a few kills early on)
    B) You need to turn the game around, and get a good team fight in that the other team will mess up.

    Snowball items are very, very risky, whether it's Leviathons, Sword of the Occult, or Mejais. Even I won't use them in 95% of the games I play. Not because I'm not confident, but because I know it also adds a huge bullseye on you "Oh look, he's getting stacks, let's kill him off so he can't get assist/kill stacks"
    Well, with ghost/flash you are pretty safe during all situations. It's also alot about positioning. To decide to be either infront or behind the enemies, also wait a bit to engage so most stuns and such are wasted cause if you are stunned = Dead.

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 09:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Stacking items sucks, I would never use them if I were you.

    I just said that because you mentioned Phantom Dancer. Actually, I see a lot of players (including pr0 players) ignoring dmg per gold ratio and simply buying what's best for late game (like going boots -> Infinite Edge or Black Cleaver), which I think is very risky, because a well geared mid game team will rape you while you're building up for late game.
    Thats your opinion, if you arent a complete retard you will gain stacks. ^w^
    I dont get gold items cause if we make it to late game, I am pretty screwed up since people will finish their builds and just get oracles and bam, I am only good for teamfights. Also, notice that in my build I get infinity edge and black cleaver as last items.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

  6. #1026
    Just played my first ever game with a support, Sona. It was interesting, you kind of have to stack your chords while going to someone else's base with the ummm I forget what it is called "e" move so you can use your "q" move and do a bit extra damage.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Well, with ghost/flash you are pretty safe during all situations. It's also alot about positioning. To decide to be either infront or behind the enemies, also wait a bit to engage so most stuns and such are wasted cause if you are stunned = Dead.

    .
    Yeah, they become better if you play Twitch, because you can decide what you want to initiate, and you can leave fights earlier and be safe. Sorry, should have specified, that snowball items are risky if you don't have a stealth gimmick.

  8. #1028
    Bloodsail Admiral Musra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Druid trainer in progress at Moonglade
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Yeah, they become better if you play Twitch, because you can decide what you want to initiate, and you can leave fights earlier and be safe. Sorry, should have specified, that snowball items are risky if you don't have a stealth gimmick.
    Yeah, thought you meant so

    Saw a Mundo before with leviathan and an Eve with all snowball items.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Yeah, thought you meant so

    Saw a Mundo before with leviathan and an Eve with all snowball items.
    Also musra have you ever had a situation where your entire team got zerged, with them dying before you could do anything?

    For instance; Last game, teamfight happened ( a bad one for us) and they killed 4 of us, (I wasn't close enough to help them) but my team did kill 3 of them leaving one wounded.

    What is the best thing to do then? Try to snipe the wounded or go farming? 2vs1 even with a tower next to you is certain death for twitch.
    So what do you do most of the time?

  10. #1030
    Keep farming it up if I'm honest, unless they are severely wounded. I guess it depends how long it's going to take you to get to them vs how long it's going to take them to blue pill.

  11. #1031
    if theyre teams at half hp and you got a char like mord even if its 1v5 like it has been for a me a few times go for it soon as you get that ghost its gg for them. nom nom nom trynd carry feasts on their souls.

  12. #1032
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,395
    Just had the funniest thing with Leona, too bad i couldn't record it. I was overextending quite a bit top as blue. Poppy came from top and Janna from river. I initiated to Janna to traverse the distance further, and just when I did that she ulted to push me against their tower, but because of my initiate, she ulted me towards my tower. I traversed from close to their tower to close to our own tower in like 0.5 seconds =D (she was not amused...)

  13. #1033
    How do you record games? And would a 40 minute game take like 40GB of space? lol

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Ryze, sorc boots, 5 archangels staffs.

    Someone make it happen!
    As if..

    Karthus 5x Archangel and Rabaddon.

    Ulti-penta while at fountain !

    ot: Just found out the hard way I shouldn't screw around with my "E" in teamfights as Ezreal...

  15. #1035
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    As if..

    Karthus 5x Archangel and Rabaddon.

    Ulti-penta while at fountain !

    ot: Just found out the hard way I shouldn't screw around with my "E" in teamfights as Ezreal...
    Ryze would get more damage out of it, his skills scale with both mana and AP
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-07-26 at 03:05 AM.

  16. #1036
    Another newbish question for you folks. I seem to be lacking in ability to maximize minion killing to ensure a higher source of income. I'm pretty good at last-hitting and play Ashe majority of the time.

    I usually end up in matches with 50k+ damage done <15k damage taken but only like 80 minion kills in a 30-40 minute long Twisted Treeline map. I feel as though this is holding me back on making larger purchases sooner. Also I run OOM really quickly maximizing my volleys while also harassing enemy champions with frost shot. I'm only level 6 and VERY slow to level so runes and masteries are slow in coming.

    P.S. Thanks to that guy who posted the MOBAfire links. They've helped me A TON. Sadly they're based on super high level of play and also mostly on 5v5 but I've been adapting them to the best of my ability in Twisted Treeline matches.

  17. #1037
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Another newbish question for you folks. I seem to be lacking in ability to maximize minion killing to ensure a higher source of income. I'm pretty good at last-hitting and play Ashe majority of the time.

    I usually end up in matches with 50k+ damage done <15k damage taken but only like 80 minion kills in a 30-40 minute long Twisted Treeline map. I feel as though this is holding me back on making larger purchases sooner. Also I run OOM really quickly maximizing my volleys while also harassing enemy champions with frost shot. I'm only level 6 and VERY slow to level so runes and masteries are slow in coming.
    Don't bother buying runes at that low level, they won't even be noticeable. Last hitting is more reliant on getting used to how much life mobs have/damage you deal. One thing you should always do is save up your crit and hit your enemy with a volley/crit right off the bat. You don't really need to use frost shot unless you're chasing for a kill if you can't sustain it.

  18. #1038
    Field Marshal Duntix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rageland
    Posts
    56
    The only runes you should worry about early on are tier 1 runes, they have 60% of the effectiveness of tier 3 ones at 10% of the price. Since malzahar is about to be free I'd suggest trying him out since he has a good minion farming capability
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

  19. #1039
    Hey you brave LoL ppl.
    I have just only started this game 4 days ago.
    Im calling myself Senzes and i play on EU Nordic server.
    I have taken a liking to Xin Zhao after i have unlocked him.
    Thou, i am having dificultys killing champions (i only play agains bots atm, i am still learning.) I often die when engaged with one.
    I build phantom dancer first, then black cleaver, then i try to reach some hp item or some boots for speed.
    The champions i also like playing is Mordokaiser and ocationally Morgana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    And anyone who says the alpha model looked like a fox or feline, and that the current model resembles a wolf better needs to be smacked with a National Geographic magazine. Several times.

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilos View Post
    Hey you brave LoL ppl.
    I have just only started this game 4 days ago.
    Im calling myself Senzes and i play on EU Nordic server.
    I have taken a liking to Xin Zhao after i have unlocked him.
    Thou, i am having dificultys killing champions (i only play agains bots atm, i am still learning.) I often die when engaged with one.
    I build phantom dancer first, then black cleaver, then i try to reach some hp item or some boots for speed.
    The champions i also like playing is Mordokaiser and ocationally Morgana.
    You need boots early, you should get boots 1 the first time you go back no matter what. Xin works great with a Frozen Mallet btw, you should always get it on him when you're playing with newer players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •